Page 1 of 55 123456789101151 ... LastLast

A Homeworld Universe Mod - HWU v0.0.94 DL available

A Homeworld Universe Mod - HWU v0.0.94 DL available

Hello everyone. I presented this idea originally on the Memories of Hiigara forum, as follows:

It seems to me that the remainder of HW2 modders are true to the cause with a bunch of Homeworld Universe related mods being released in the last few years. That being the case I propose a new community mod that combines the original HW1 ships, Cataclysm ships, HW2 ships & the new ships being modeled here and by the Homeworld @ team. This mod could use different game type modes to determine which era of Homeworld you want to play, classic, interim (somtaaw), present & future. I'd like to see one final hurah for Homeworld 2, get it into the top 100 Mods of the Year on moddb one more time (if not even win). To that end I would offer my Unified Hiigaran Fleet mod as a base to add teams into, ultimately giving it to the community and removing the "unified" team in favor of separate Kushan and Somtaaw races. In this proposed vision, concepts, features & even the name (maybe Homeworld: Universe) should be voted on by the community. I like this idea as it is everything all in one and having figured out how to breach the seven race limit I think the idea has merit.

What I'd like to see is:

Chooseable HW1, Cata, HW2 & New campaign
    Chooseable eras for skirmish play
    Every race featured
    Tons of options
    All of the original music, sfx, fx, backgrounds, debris, etc...
    Enhanced shaders
    Very properly balanced
    Much more

I just see the different mod teams, working towards similar goals and feel that to combine some of the fantastic current HW2 modding efforts would make for an outstanding mod. In the last two years we've seen UHF, Molemans beast mod, this mod, Homeworld @, Sands of Time mod, new versions of FX & Crossfire, which makes me think this may be a good idea. Really it's just my idea of how HW3 should be made, new ships & story but be able to go back and play the other campaigns with the original ships (or nicer models).
    I would first like to state clearly that I don't desire to be one of this mods leaders. I want the community to decide who leads this mod and how it turns out - with the only guideline being to keep it entirely within the Homeworld Universe, any era, any race (I'd especially like to incorporate one's we haven't seen like the Tobari & T-Mat). Let me be the first to donate my mod & materials to this Homeworld2 mod. It can hopefully provide a solid base for additional teams, .hods & everything else to be added to along with providing almost all of the original Homeworld 1 and Cataclysm ships for the true classic mode of the game. I'd love to see the original ships remodeled but remain basically the same just with a higher poly count, new textures & more detail. I'd also like to see the new Taiidan and Kushan races that are being worked on pit together with side distractions the new Kadesh ships and the new Turanic Raider carrier from the end of times mod.

There are some seriously talented people out here, I am simply amazed by the work on these projects. The concepts are excellent, the ideas are flowing. This mod could encompass the entire universe timeline, from cannon to fan fiction to chronicle additional periods in new campaigns.

For this mod to be by the community and for the community all positions for the mod team could be done by vote. People interested in any limited position can submit their desire for that position and at a specified date a poll can be taken to see who gets what job. Modelers and texturers should probably be voted on by examples of work & as needed. The elected mod leaders could decide which parts of which fleets would be worked on. Maybe elect one team leader per Homeworld race - the Galactic Council. Each race could have their own forum and one main forum could be kept for new and exciting news.

Positions would include:

Mod/Team leaders - number to be decided
    Mod Packager & File Master - Person who uploads the newest version of the mod on a regular basis and adds new .hods or other parts of the mod to it.
    Scripters - would add game types & make sure AI functions correctly, along with finalizing the team switching code as well as creating campaigns
    Modelers, Texturers & Hoders - numbers to be decided as needed

Mod leaders would decide which ship type they want next and allow the community a little time to produce a few concepts for that specified ship and then take a vote on the submissions.

The mod would also need a few other misc people:

Testers
    Promoters
    Video Makers
    Forum Maintenance - could be done per team leaders

To everyone, lets make that sweet Homeworld3 we've all been wanting, because if your here and reading this your probably just like me, nearly fell over and died with excitement after first playing Homeworld 1. The enveloping quality the original had over you, it was hard to not feel like you were there. The movies, the music, the backdrops and the story all together in perfect harmony. Personally I think this community can capture that feeling again, I'd love to help try, and I'll hope you all will too.

Now how to begin, I suppose anyone who wants to lead a team should make a post and after a few days take a vote for leaders.

Ideas appreciated, as I noted above I do not wish to be any team leader only to help as a .hoder or maybe do the file management position as that is what I'm skilled at.

Vote (this mod) mod of the year 2009!!

Nominees thus far:

Whisper2me - Modeler, Minor Texturer
    Phatboygeo - Team leader, Modeler, Texturer
    Moleman2009 - Scripting, Hoding, (extras?)
    Jake - Plot & Dialouge
    Tekanako - Concept design
    chris80502 - Textures, hoding, general & misc work

I will add anyone else to this list so long as they say directly that they would like to help or be nominated for a specific position.

Material nominations thus far:

Unified Hiigaran Fleet in whole - Most ships from HW1 & Cata converted to HW2 - available in a link below.
    Sands of Times - Model collection with re-styled ships from a number of the Homeworld Universe races
    Homeworld:@ - UHN fleet - A fleet designed as what should have been for HW2, based off the original Kushan designs
    Assault Carrier by Le Sun Tzu - Complete .hod of a pre-release version of the HW2 carrier

If you have a ship or other material that fits our idea, post a screen & link and nominate it with it's donation to the cause and where you think it would fit well.

__

Update: 3-13-09

Here is the latest version of the HWU Mod, v0.0.7a

A few things to keep in mind, the AI does work somewhat to various degrees, for best performance limit AI opponents to Hiigaran, Kushan, Kiith, Taiidan & Turanic Raiders - the others do not have enough ships per fleet to fight properly, but it will work if you want to give it a go (except for the progenitors which have almost no ships to build and the Vaygr which will only build fighters atm). MP should be fine for all races except progenitor but I have yet to add the Kushan, Kiith, Turanic & Beast Evo research and upgrades.

In the next week or so we'll post a page on the website detailing the donations to the mod so far as the list above is getting out of date.

- chris80502

Here it is the next release - http://hwu.homeworldaccess.net/HWUniverse_0.0.8.zip

Have fun,

- chris80502

6-25-10 Latest Alpha release HWU 0.0.92 http://www.filefront.com/16865439/HW...se-0.0.92.big/

This release is mostly for internal use and testing but I figured we should let everyone check it out. So enjoy!!

27-11-11 (you Americans and your ridiculous date formatting... updated by reki on request) Version 0.0.94.1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/21010...0_94_RC8_1_rar

- chris80502
    Last edited by reki; 26th Nov 11 at 2:50 PM. Reason: Updating Links
    We Want YOU - Homeworld Universe Community Project
    Texturers, Modelers, Concepts, FX & SFX, UI, Scripters
    HWU @ Relic News - HWU @ Moddb - HWU Home
    Latest alpha release HWU Mod, v0.0.94 RC2 or Mirror 1 v0.0.92
    Homeworld Universe Tutorials - Tobari Renegade Homepage

I'm more then willing to bring concepts to reality. I have minor texture skill's, but I can do the basic stuff like moduels/turrets etc. My 3d skills are quite good. I am also contributing all the SoT models if you want them in this mod.

Hopefully this gets somewhere=)

Cheers, off to work now

I've got effectively no modding experience, but I can certainly play-test and create some decent plot and dialogue.

Ask Norsehound, he has a bunch of awesome concepts for all the different races (His Taiidan ones are best)

It's surely a very interesting idea. You understand of course that this is a very ambitious project with higher difficulty than average mods.It will require lots of ppl divided in different groups and on top of that all those ppl will have to work closely to avoid misunderstandings and skilled leaders capable to coordinate everyone and keep the teams together. Another thing is that even if u feel like contributing all your work you have done in your mod, some other ppl might not feel the same way.

But then again i am sure that if this works it will probably become the elite of the Top mods ever created by this community. I would love to offer my modelling and coding skills to the cause, but i am sure that there are quite a lot better modellers and programmers (than me..i can name a few lol) in this community that will love to work on this.

I really hope this Mod really gets real so that we all may enjoy the work of very tallented ppl in one unified project.

As Homeworld:@ is directly mentioned, I feel compelled to comment, and I speak for the team here. We are happy for you to use any assets from Homeworld:@ in this effort, but we can not see this becoming something we can devote ourselves directly to.

The largest obstacle here is that over the years people have developed very specific ideas of what something like this should be, and those ideas rarely agree. For example, while many people intend to expand or imitate Homeworld 2 in all things, Homeworld:@ is intended to be as powerful a negation of stock HW2 as possible, in story, gameplay, and visual style. Being unable to pursue that vision in the pure form we are now would be extremely disheartening to us, and is something we will avoid at all costs. Similarly, we know that many others have their own visions they wish to pursue just as strongly.

Again, you are free to use our resources. I suspect, however, that given the differences in direction that are almost certain to arise between this project and HW:@, that using our assets would be a dilution of whatever vision takes hold here, so I recommend that you do so carefully.
    A.K.A EatThePath
    Co-founder of Homeworld:@

Some thoughts, I do believe everyones interest can be accomodated. Ship statistic changes and gameplay differences can be achieved with game modes, scripting and different campaigns. A description for the mod would have to be broad & menu screens would need to reflect all parties work. The main point is to have all these different teams in the one huge mod. Yes I know there are differences between everyones ideas, but the game engine is old and it seems a real Homeworld3 may be in the works from the comments I viewed in the recent interview at Relic. If a new Homeworld does come out modding HW2 will fall to the wayside like Homeworld 1 did in favor of the new engine. Fans of this game are falling off, a new version or an incredible mod needs to come out to bring Homeworld new life, a mod so sweet people dust off those old HW2 cd's and post a bunch of threads on how to use HW2 in Vista.

I agree too that this would be a very intense project and would need close interaction between people. Some ideas may need to be changed slightly or compromised a little. Again the main point, to have all the talent in one place. As for my own work, I present it to the community, to use as little or as much as they desire, I present it as a base as it does have much work that could be valuable to a project such as this, but again usage to be decided by the community at large.

I DO NOT WANT TO LEAD THIS MOD!! It seems that people think I would like to lead this mod or give it direction and that is NOT true. All I want is to be a hoder and to take my vote in various polls that would be conducted in this idea. Yes I started this thread and this idea but the topic is incredibly broad, the ideas just have to be within the Homeworld Universe, any era, any story, any ship - just with a little community input. I will watch it until a leader or two steps up and says, we'll take over polling from here. If no one wishes to be a team leader this will just be a great idea that never took hold - Que Sera Sera.

I like this idea, and I think it could work. I am a pretty good texturer (now) and modeler, and I can script. I would be happy to be part of this and maybe even lead it (being just a bit ambitious there). As long as somebody could do all the FX and turrets and HODding it would be possible.

Leading my inteceptor squadron on patrol over Texas
    Sorry, I'd work on this if I wasn't already part of 2 mod teams (one of which I am the only member of). Sounds good, but if you propose it, you kinda gotta lead it. For the most part, a "mods in progress" thread means that whoever started the thread will be leading it. A mod idea goes in the mod idea thread.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THOSE EXTRA 1,800 USERS WENT." - Moe
    "To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." - Sun Tzu

I have to agree on the fact that for some reasons the average Hw2 fan is giving up on this game. I might be wrong but thats still my impression. I don't know if a new Huge project brings players back to the game but surely as an individual who loves this game i would surely would like to see such a project come to life.
    There are many great creators here who all have a different vision of their mods and they wouldn't like to see them used in any way different than they have conceived. But i think that what chris80502A stated as a vision is a way that all those great mods could co-exist in a unified mod that would protect all those diffrerent visions. The way i see it is that with a lot of conversation between the team leaders there might be a way that all those different visions could be implemented in one vision which could ensure that all the rest would not be manipulated or expressed in any way different than their original creators intended to use.

Anyway considering how huge this idea is i think it shouldn't be dumped soon. If there is a chance for this too work it could bring the modding levels for this community to new standards. Consider how much knowledge,experience and ideas can be shared between the teams involved and the quality standards that can be achieved.

May i propose 2 things chris80502A.I understand why you don't like to feel a leader in this whole thing but in order to protect your "vision" or idea if you prefer i propose the following

1)It would be great if there was a poll to hear how the community would accept a project of such a level and how such a mod would affect old gamers getback to the game.

2)If the polls results are encouraging then what i would suggest is to try to get all the team leaders together in discussion and then see what happens.If it works out ok that would be great..but even if it won't work out ok maybe some new ideas come out of this meeting and new great mods might see the light of creaton in the future....Only good things come out when talented ppl get together

P.S Just Curious ..the reason this thread is not in the mod idea thread is that another team leader already accepted your idea or beacause u already contributed ur mod and ur skills in this project?
    Last edited by Starscream; 7th Feb 09 at 1:48 PM.

I posted this thread here as I do consider this mod started, within less than a day multiple offers of help and materials have been donated, I will watch this thread for the time being, as started, until leaders are selected - which we have one nominee as well. So I think we're covered as far as it being a good idea, as far as getting old HW2 fans to play again, we would have to have a poll conducted on a more neutral site, like moddb, I wonder if they would do it. How to word the question is another question in itself. We'll have to take a little time for others to come online and decide whether they want to be a part of this kind of project. I'll give it a little thought and make a mod leader nomination deadline, maybe a week or two - more? Depending on interest and people willing to lead will determine the mods outcome.

Leading my inteceptor squadron on patrol over Texas
    I think that perhaps you will need the source code for many of the changes you are proposing.

Oh, by the way, I've never heard of a Crossroads mod. Do you mean Complex or Crossfire?

To be realistic, the only way people will take interest is if they see results immidietly. My suggestions is, we need to create a GUI interface to replace the stock HW 2. Import your current models, create one new race that would contain a collection of ships from multiple races, so that people see progress. As soon as they see progress, demand increases, as soon as demand goes up, you get more interest, more modeler's textures/scripters etc.

Suddenly you have a whole community around the mod, I would be glad to take charge of modeling a race, etc. I can work pretty quickly, modeling to me is like 2nd nature

Also, one flaw in your idea. There is a 7race limit in the HW2 engine. Old hig/new Hig, old vaygr/new vaygr, taiid, thats already 5. plus those nebula freaks i keep forgetting their name, kadeshi? thats 6.

The way to by-pass the new/old style ships dilema is easy if you ask me. At the start of the game, you have the option to build the old/new mothership which would determine which era of ships u can build. we now have the research restrictions technique which would make this possible.

How ever, we can discuss this later, i just want to see this get off the ground.

yes that is an idea or another idea would be to make one single race for the entire game, and based or reasearch will determin which race you will go with so for example, you start out a vessel that has the ability to research only the origin Race so taiidan or kushan, form there the ships may build that research branche's mothership, then on research requirements are dependent on that mothership being there, if this is a little bit confusing tell me and ill try to clear it up

Joe 2987 - yeah I did mean Crossfire, meant to change it when I copied the original note from the other thread, sorry.

As for the six plus races the way I have it working now uses Mikails special fleets mod. I modified the starting fleet to start with one ship (which can build, but not for the team the user has selected), this ship is kind of a place holder until the ships from the special fleets portion of the code hyperspace in - and the table for the special fleets determines which mothership and carrier jumps in. When restrict.lua is called from the gamemode, it asks if the game is set to standard teams, or alternate, which determines which ships & research will be available and corresponds to the ships jumping in. In this approach, both teams that share one slot use the same prefix, such as the Taiidan & Kadesh, TDN_ & TDN_KSH_, so they basically are one team, just with restricted options. Moleman, that's an interesting idea, I never thought of doing all the races in one slot, but if the MS is destroyed it might cause issues if that is what it's based on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b2nxzhdy42m
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cyye0ygut2j

Here's the links for the newest version of UHF, you can check out how I have things implemented. Keep in mind it's still quite buggy, aside from other mid-release misc issues.

As for getting some work started, in my opinion in-game content is paramount. Show some screens of actual game play work. I really liked the slipstream UI for both the menu and in-game, but things like that could be decided later on. Maybe the first thing to do is decide which race the first team will work on. Or decide on a first ship to do, some of whispers models are really good, interested parties could take a stab at texturing it and we could have a polled competition for the best textures on that one ship. Once the mod is in full swing we could then vote if that ship even makes it in the mod, but we could at least use it as a starting point to get some screens and some work. I vote to use whispers Taiidan MS (Super Carrier?) for the texture competition, again the community could decide later where, when and if that model even is used in the final product. Whisper, if you wouldn't mind uploading that model, people could give it a try.

Anyone with any models that they have for the various races that they would like to see in game, along with concepts may post screens here.

this idea is rather blossoming, i like the voting idea but how many people are actually willing to take a stab at texuring the ships? i for one CAN NOT texture worth anything, so i would be out of the question for this, the basic thing that i would be able to contribute is some scripting skills and hoding skills

I am good at concept art, Id be happy to help out. .
    "I thought you would have invented slood by now, I've got a billion tons of ice coming in on Thursday."
    Thud! Terry Pratchett.

As I said earlier, I would be happy to help with texturing and modeling and maybe lead it. but we would need an absoloutley brilliant scripter. (HINT: if you are a good scripter, then this is your oppurtunity to help on an awesome project) Moleman's idea was good. surely, when you pick a skirmish, up at the top you are on death match. you could change that so you could have, HW1, Cata, HW2, Unified, so that you could pick which one you want to play or would that still get stopped by the 7 races problem. Molemans idea would work really well if we had a gigantic mother ship, but what would be better is if we have a panel that pops up when you start the game so you pick which ship you want and it comes out of hyperspace and then you build according to which mothership you picked. Oh BTW the name should be: Homeword 2: Paradox coz were using all the races from each game.

i rather like the panel and i am sure something of the sort can be scripted, i have no lua scripting experiance but i am very good at creating detailed Build tree's and Research tree's the balance out all races.

I think that might be the best way forward coz having a big mothership that builds them all would be wierd coz what race would it be. why dont we just use the build manager as the panel and make an invisible ship so the game thinks we have a starting fleet, then we can click on the mothership we want in the build manager and once its built you cant build another. how would we do that for the ai or shall we have another list for the enemy's mothership. oh the reason for hw2 : paradox is the campaign story. the new hiigarans travel in time and they come out the eye of arran a couple months after homeworld2 and everything falls apart. the beast appear with the other races and there is an all out battle . thats all i can think of at the moment but i think it's quite good.

well as i belive that this would be the only way i dont quite fancy the idea of an invisible ship but rather have a "Time ship" the ship story would be that it has come back in time or something along the "time" lines, and have it be the basis ship so for example once the race has been chossen the game hyperspaces in the corosponding mothership that you have chosen and hyperspaces out the "time ship"

what race would this time ship be. the only reason for the invisible ship is so the game doesnt crash at the beggining ther is no other reason for it. this nvisible ship is for the skirmish. for the campaign that time ship would be good. but thets just say something went wrong and all the other races appered

Hey guys, though the community can decide how they want to implement the multiple races, I believe the system I created for UHF will work just fine, it only needs a few minor changes. The idea is detailed better on the UHF thread on these forums. You can also test it out in the new version listed above, the only team that it's implemented on is the Taiidan and it only is invoked if you change the game type to special fleets I believe (I have both in there, the default Mikails Special Teams, & my Edit called Special Fleets - or vice versa, I don't remember right now). This example allows you to play either Taiidan or Kadesh, the Kadesh ships aren't blocked from building for the Taiidan yet, they are however matched build numbers so when you play the Taiidan the Kadesh ships are covered up with the Taiidan build choices. The only real issue right now is, if you choose the alternate team, the game only reads the alternate option for the whole game, not per team, so say if you pick Taiidan standard for player one, and Taiidan alternate for player two, both players have the option to build Kadesh ships, but player one starts with the Taiidan MS & player two starts with the Kadesh MS as it's supposed to, aside from that one error the script is good to go.

If other people want to throw out suggestions for the name we could have a poll on that in a few days once there are a few ideas out there.

Phatboygeo, I will list you and the other moders who voiced their interest as candidates in the first post soon.

As for texturing I would like to give it a shot, I am a graphic artist, but ship textures are something completely different.

Just had an idea, what if we added a variable in the special fleets table, this part of the mod works fine, the defined motherships appear properly per team as the options are set. So where the game looks for the data for which MS it is, I can added an a variable that gets read if that part of the code gets read, the restrict file could then decide what gets restricted by that variable.

I totally love the idea but just getting every modding team to work on one mod [considering each team would have their own ideas on doing it] would be very difficult.

Do you think it would be better to first give each team a race of ships to create then once all the ships were finished you could then move on to the gameplay features ?
    strange...as wonderfull as it may be,i'm still...up here... floating...and no one even seems to notice.

Swamp Fox
    I've gotta say, this certainly seems like an interesting idea. If it goes anywhere I'd be happy to help.

I probably wont be on for the next week because I'm not allowed because I've been naughty.

Just playing around with some of the materials we have permission to use.

Possible rouge Kiith sect being destroyed by the UHN with help from a next generation carrier.

I recently received permission to use this Assault Carrier by Le Sun Tzu. I'd love to see more pre-release HW2 style ships. I placed the carrier with the UHN fleet from Homeworld:@, don't know if anyone else likes the combo but I think they make a good transition fleet between HW1 - Cata in the 60 years before HW2 (forget the fact that Cata was supposed to be 500 years in the future, but place it right after HW1).

Uhm, all information I've ever seen puts Cata at 15 years after landfall. Not 500.

Right you are Siber, my bad - I have no idea why I thought that. All the better for which era the ships can fit. I'm glad I watched the first level video for HWC.

This docking station for the mothership looks interesting, a base station that could be used for a capture the base game mode - somewhere way down the line.

Adamstrange: I agree there needs to be more structure, but more time needs to elapse for people to come by the forums and decide if they'd like to run for any positions. As for a starting race to work on I'll see about setting up a poll. I'll probably set up a moddb page as well to promote this idea and maybe the texture competition (using the texture competition as a way to generate interest and give the mod a little time for initial structuring).

Swamp Fox: Help us out by nominating yourself for which positions you'd like to run for and which race(s) you'd prefer to work on.

HaHa. I can go on at school anyway. umm.... anyway, what i dont get is this poll buisness and this texture competition. i thought that we were going to decide who is going to lead this project and then were going to do it. is there something i'm missing like:
    are all the mod teams working on this
    I'm one of the modders who might be leading it

when we figure all this out like the poll and stuff can we start with the ideas. and whats UHF (isn't that Ultra High Frequency)

UHF stands for United Hiigaran Fleet, it is Chris80502A's Homeworld2 mod that he's been working on for some time, rather large actually and very impressive i might add.

However i do agree that before any major decisions or poll's are put into account a mod leader should be chosen first in order to beggin organizing and getting things prioritized.

so are we doing a bigger better UHF but with all the other races

i guess so, i think its rather complicated in words but if you lay it out on paper it seems fairly simple

edit:if you dont mind Chris80502A, im gunna use the motherships in your mod as a basis to see if i can get my idea for a race chooser to work and then ill post the results here

edit2: well so far my test mod has been working very well, i have managed to so far create one single unified build tree that branches off into its seperate races and next ill test out the research tree to see if i can manipulate that, oh also is there a script that automaticly destroys a ship after building something, so for example the complex mod's evacuation cell beggins destroying the ship as soon as it is built, is there a way that i can impliment that so once i build a mothership that it destroy's the ship that built it? motherships are instant build 0 ru cost and are supposed to hyperspace in (only one jumps in so far)

edit3: well its been a long night and im exausted, however i am pleased to say that the idea of having a single ship allow you to choose your race is successful, the conditions are that every ship be under one single race and can be built up from there if woven right, you may choose one mothership and then the origin ship that you choose your mothership from dies almost imidiatly after the mothership you chose jumps in (still need to figure out how to auto kill a ship and how to make ships jump in >.< too tired at the moment though)

I will continue to work on this when i wake up but for right now i have gotten the entire hiigaran and vaygr races ready for play testing, im hoping by midnight tonight i will have the taiidan and possibly the kushan in and ready for play, i hope this will help progress of this mod.

P.S.- The way i have set up the race allows for easily adding new races when wanted so for example, Whisper2me creates a whole new race that can kill anything and he wants to add it in without too much hassle, simply rename files accordingly and add the correct prefix and hes ready to beggin killing everything in sight , ill have a test release ready tonight for those of you who want to test what ive been up to, however the icons are the dumb derilect icons so i may need some help putting the icons back where they go.
    Last edited by Moleman2009; 9th Feb 09 at 8:18 AM.

Moleman: Go right ahead, that's why I posted the stuff. I'll be watching for your post.

Phatboygeo: The idea isn't to build a bigger better UHF, but to try to incorporate all the great models, ideas & modders into one huge Homeworld Universe mod - to be able to play any era of Homeworld in one mod. The idea came about because of the communities huge interest in the original Homeworld story - i.e. the massive amount of mods which have come out recently that are within this same basic idea. I put out my mod as it can already add the original HW1 & Cataclysm era, along with the stock HW2 era - as well as provide debris and derelicts for either background decoration or single player campaign stuff (I'd love to see a remade Karos graveyard with all the classic stuff on one huge map - the whole junkyard from HW1 thru HW2). From that we can add interim eras and/or a post HW2 era as the community decides. Then the end player can play classic Taiidan against future Kushan, or whatever they like.

The voting idea is clearly laid out in the original post, wherein the plan states that there will be no one leader, but one leader per team, decided on by the community. I understand that this makes things a little slow going to decide who will be the first team leader, which is why I suggested a texture competition, until more people can come by and decide if they would like to run for that position on this team. I thought of this idea so that one person couldn't just say, I don't like that it's out. This should work fine as good ideas and modders will surely be voted in and vice versa - just needs a little time to get off the ground.

mole man: that is fantastic. the ship stuff.

chris: so while were wating seeing as moleman has done something well good can me and mole man start it off as in i make new ships and he scripts. oh and by the way isnt an 80502A a processor

Phatboygeo: You can make new ships at will, feel free to post screens here - all models will be subject to community approval though, based on quality, relevance & need. Frankly I'm glad to see a few people starting with some ideas. Yes the 80502 was the first generation pentium processor, nobodys ever commented on that before. The only reason the A is on there is because chris80502 is already used, as I tried setting up an account with my hotmail email address long ago, hotmail accounts don't work with these forums for some reason.

Concept artists, feel free to post screens, maybe that will generate momentum as well.

Further, I nominate the UHN Kushan by Homeworld:@ for this mod's interim Kushan team. To fit the era between HWC & HW2.

I also nominate the assault carrier by Le Sun Tzu to be used either with this above noted team or as an option for the standard Hiigarans.

I nominate myself as a hoder for any race.

I was also thinking that if the FX mod would be willing to donate their Progenitor team that would make a great pre-finished team to add to this community project.

Edit: I'd also like to nominate whisper2me's Taiidan super capital class ships as well as the re-designed Kun-Laan for use in this mod.

Whisper2me: If you'd like to upload those super capital models someone could start the moddb page with a screen of the model & shot of the original concept and pose the contest. We could just call the moddb page The Homeworld Universe Mod - until team leaders are picked and a final name is decided upon.

brycees
    Good luck guys
    It sounds so much good

after noon my friends jsut woke up and back to work ive got plenty of time till my school says my dorm is ready sometime in april, i would like to donate my Beast evolution mod, particularly the beast race to this mod, i vote for this if some one is up for seconding the motion that would be great. Particulalry making them a seperate beast race, a more advanced one if you will.

I'd rather not see the beast race, as I see the Cataclysm serries as a big disappointment.

@Chris I will gladly upload those models, i have to dig up my old HDD, i will have it by morning.

so far testing has been good, i am alomst finished with the hiigaran race i just need to impliment the hiigaran section of the research.lua file then the first race should be all ready

Whisper2me: Awesome, I'll look thru the concept art tonight to find the corresponding shot(s).

Moleman: I second your motion, fits right in line with the idea of any race, any era. I will add it to donated materials and the community at large can vote on the races inclusion as the mod progresses.

here's the link to the most recent beast evolution release, it had the complete list of ships and build tree as well as research tree i do admit though that it did need tweaking alot and has not been for some time,

http://www.moddb.com/mods/beast-evolution-mod

it can be downloaded there

edit: im going to need some help with the research its kinda confusing at the moment but basicly i need a way to make a subsystem that specificly enables the research of an item, but i need to know how to classify it
    Last edited by Moleman2009; 9th Feb 09 at 5:51 PM.

hey moleman, can i see some of your models for the beast coz ive got some really good alien ones and i wanted to see if the could work as beast ships. if the models are off cataclysm then i don't need to see but it would be good if we could change the beast so they had thier own ships aswell.

Chris: i was reading up on the core microarchitecture( coz i wanted to see how my quad core worked ) and there was a section about older processors so i read through it and 80502 rung a bell when i saw it on your name. it was from that wikipedia page. hehe. i'm a geek.

sure go right ahead i guess as of now i will release my beast evolution mod for community mod use so long as my name gets slapped somewhere for the ships, they arent the same ships as the one's in cataclysm they are pretty much hiigaran vaygr and projenitor ships that have been infected witht he beast virus

cos you seem to have the right textures for the beast. could you send me some so i can texture my alien ships as the beast.

i do not have them any more that is why i ceased production on the project but the texture was made from samples of veins and such you can find on google images pretty straight forward

oh ok, how is that race thing going with the reasearch. have you got all the races motherships to hyperspace in and is all the research working. is that going to be for this mod

one question at a time.

No i havent gotten them to jump in yet right now they just appear, if anyone knows how to make them jump in then by all means TELL ME PLEASE

Still working on just getting the ships in game im gunna get 2 races up before i do research just so i can get them right (hiigaran & Vaygr)

it can be if the community wishes it all in all it still depends on if i can get this figured out

also right now i am using a Bentusi trading vessel as the ship that you choose the MS with, if anyone wants a different ship or wants to create one to replace it all u need to do is ask

i'll make a new first ship, and i will try and do the hyperspace thing. if you could send me all the related files then i could figure it out.

i should ahve the releated file's out later today for the community to run with if they would like

Page 1 of 55 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information