Kommando Nob booby traps difficult to detonate

Kommando Nob booby traps difficult to detonate

Is anyone else having problems detonating mines? I usually plant them in the center of a power farm or VP but the unit boxes will get in the way and I'll lose the chance. I just spent around 30 secs in one game trying to blow a mine up. I tried rotating the camera and zooming in/out to no avail. It becomes especially difficult when there's a mob of nids or orks blocking it and it's a big wasted opportunity. Is there an easier way to select these things?

I've never run into this problem, but maybe putting a detonate button on the commander abilities would make it easier.

It would make it somewhat easier but what if you placed several? I also like placing them around cover where weapons teams are likely to set up so it can be a pain selecting it sometimes. If an option to detonate the mines is added to the Kommando then can we please have it so he doesn't need to be alive to set them off, just as it is now.

4. Dawn of War Senior Member  #4
    Can you hotkey your mines (ie, ctrl-group) ? I'd suggest that as a solution if it's possible.

White_Pointer

The hit boxes for generators are bloody huge. I usually have to rotate the camera around just to target different generators. I think that needs a fix moreso than the boobytrap specifically.

@White_Pointer
    They can be hotkeyed but not detonated. Thanks for the suggestion though.

i have the same problem, but only with tyranids power farm.
    for the other races, no problem to blow them up, but with tyranids, i must zoom and rotate my camera, and it is very difficult to select the bomb.
    i don't know for VP, i have never used a booby trap near a VP.

WNxGhazghkull
    i think the most easy solution would be to make a icon above the booby trap simmilar to the commando demo charge in CoH that is only visible to the player ofc but also stand out above the squads so click that icon once and boom the trap go

@mattik
    Now that you mention it I do recall having the most problems detonating mines in between Tyranid generators.

Unlike all the other forumites, I will actually tell you that I'm from the UK.
    Don't complain about it being hard to execute a game breaking bug.

@vis

the booby trap versus HQ was a bug yes,
    but vs gens, i don't think so
    on the day 0 patch notes there is only this :
    • Reduced damage of Kommando hero's Remote Bomb against HQ's.

@ViS
    Booby traps do 550 damage while gens have 500 hp so I believe they're fair game. The HQ exploit have the mines doing 5500 damage which is probably a typo and is being fixed in the day 0 patch.

Unlike all the other forumites, I will actually tell you that I'm from the UK.
    135/30 or something in exchange for 420/0 every few seconds with no skill involved? If that's intentional, Relic have once again proved themselves as the undisputed masters of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by ViS
    135/30 or something in exchange for 420/0 every few seconds with no skill involved? If that's intentional, Relic have once again proved themselves as the undisputed masters of balance.
    Agreed. I'm hoping they did do something about this, and just forgot to note it?

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was changed though.

Thread Information