3 23.08%
  • something else (please post)

2 15.38%

Advanced COH [OF] Not dead!!!!! need team

churchill rifle

Advanced COH [OF] Not dead!!!!! need team

i still need Tov but i am getting it soon and i need a mod team
    please PM me if interested
    Last edited by churchill rifle; 15th May 09 at 4:26 PM.

this sounds like a good mod but u got to have more changes to the US Perhaps Certain Units for Certain Doctrines
    EG Airborne Doctrine Means Like the 30Cal HMG could be manned by Airborne Squads and the Mortor Again Manned by Airborne Squads

Also Could the PE have access to the Wehrmact MG42 and Gr 81 Mortor and instead of the MP44s as a upgrade for when u get the Panzer Jager Building they could have 2 MP40s as a Upgrade till the Jager Kommand Upgrade is researched

and for the Wehrmact could the Grenadiers have a G43 upgrade as well as MP40s
    (I love these guns)

and for the British could they have access to the Sherman with the Proper Skin if u heres a pic for u to see

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gegoodwood.jpg

and british infantry could they have access to the Sten as a Upgrade

churchill rifle
    i am removing the sten as the commandos weapon because they didnt use it that much and it is probably going to replace the bren upgrade for tommys because that is were it was used
    i am making changes to the US the problem with your suggestion is that after the first week or so after D-day their forces became very mixed and the airborne were usually used as ground troops in concert with other elite forces so i am ripping the rangers out of the infantry company(dont worry they will have something to replace them(instant vet 3 for riflemen with a doctrine ability)) and putting them into a doctrine with the airborne and calling it special forces
    as for tanks i am pretty sure that i wont give the brits a sherman even though they used alot of them because i am making tanks ridicuosly expensive things with improved armor and unlimited upgrades for bonuses
    the PE(panzer groups in reality) would have access to heavy support weapons if they wanted to but they were a highly mobile force and didnt want those things however for gameplay purposes the PE will have a very special vehicle to fill both those roles and i have switched the ostwind to the PE because it was only used in panzer groups
    i love the G43 as well but do you really love the MP40 it's just a crappy SMG the volksgrenadiers get because it takes 3 of them to kill a riflemen sqaud
    last but not least the PE luftwaffe tree has lost the henschel patrol ground forces and the wirblewind but has gained more plane abilities and a tank that doubles as a mobile artillery peice if i can skin it THE wespe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    on a lighter note i am recruiting if you wish to help i definatley need balance testers when i finish updating all the factions
    please PM me if you are a skinner, coder, voice actor, or know the stats of a bunch of ww2 weapons and want to help

PS would anyone be offended about a might doctrine that has an abilitie that has to do with slave workers in work camps

i would like to help yes indeed but unfortunalty i'm not a skinner,coder,voice actor but i do know more or less every thing about ww2 so i know about realism if that is what u'd like

and before i forget i dont think anyone would be offended by the work camps but if peoples relatives were in the work camps then yes it could be a problem

but as long u dont use them in a bad sort of way EG Murder of Slave workers increases the morale of your troops

nothing like that okay

PS what sort of work is it

and the MP40 yes it is a crappy gun but that was the only sort of gun that was used by infnatry in 1944 the MP44 was only then prodused in septemeber 1944

also in real life the MP40 was often favorued by US troops instead of the M3 greasegun mostly because of its rate of fire

and for your AVRE it is a bad idea to have it as a auto fire cannon it would be unstoppable against infantry if u have the reload time increased or heath of the tank reduced then that would be ok

and for the PE and the MG42 or the mortor then have a certain 2 man squad that uses the MG42 LMG or the Panzershreck

plus the special forces doctrine WOW nice idea i long to see a 1 man squad or hero called the OSS opertive i'm dying to see one

also u could make the rangers but have them as a light infantry like the riflemen they could have thompsons, M1 garands + M1 Carbines and/or B.A.Rs

PPS sorry for late reply
    Last edited by LloydyBoy; 8th Mar 09 at 7:45 AM.

This sounds really intresting, but can you or some1 in ur mod team use that model making program so you could get totally new units in the game? If there is someone who can do that, then i have alot of suggestions and ideas if you need them
    There are roads which must not be followed, armies which must not be attacked, towns which must not be besieged positions which must not be contested.

Will the Commonwealth have just British and Canadian or are you going to add the full force, including India, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia?

@Darkflame8 it will be pretty hard doing the full force such as India where would u get the sound for the units speaking and they basicly look the same same uniform and everything

so whats the point

@Mr.mind what sort of ideas did u have in mind

churchill rifle
    1. i dont need new models it is possible to change certain things on the existing models and use them and their are unused models
    2. the brits will be british scottish and candian because they were the only ones in europe i think
    3. i could actually use a mod team
    4. the mod was postponed because i didnt have OF on my new computer but that is fixed now

Actually several divisions of Australians and New Zealanders served with the British forces in Europe. They were stationed in Britain before the invasion of Normandy. Though yes the majority of Australia's forces were in the Pacific.

If your interested Banereaver should have some Australian models, as they are in his Mod, COHRR. You would have to ask him though.

It's your choice but, I'm always intrigued when someone says Commonwealth and then leaves out most of the Commonwealth countries.

churchill rifle
    i am not doing commonwealth i am doing British army which included Canadian loan troops and Scottish divisions but i am mixing them together
    brit trees

Royal Heavy support:

left side:

-Churchill AVRE (3)
    -Archer tank (2)
    -Armored car group (2)

right side:

-Elite Sappers (1)
    -Elite Engineer's (3)
    -specialty artillery shells (2)

Air support:

left side:

-Missile Strafe (2)
    -air drops (1)
    -Aerial Assault (4) ( 2 strafe planes and one bomber attack like a henschel patrol )

right side:

-Airborne raiders (1)
    -Airborne combat team (1)
    -SAS combat team (5)

Royal Dragoons:

left side:

-Universal Carrier outfitting (1)
    -Dragoon Training (3)
    -AEC armored car's (3)

right side:

-infantry conditioning (2)
    -Recoiless rifle training (2)
    -Vehicle Variants (3)
    -
    Last edited by churchill rifle; 11th Mar 09 at 6:54 PM.

good for the doctrines are u planing on changing the PE Doctrine too because for the Booby Traps Doctrine you could change it to SS doctrine

Left Side:

SS rifle team (6) (just PE tank Destoyer Skin but with kick) (costs 2 Command Points)
    weapons are 4 G43s and 2 MP44s
    abilitys: Throw Grenade, Throw Smoke Grenade
    Upgrades: More Mp44s (4) Panzershreck (2) More Men (extra 3 men)

SS Tank destoyers (5) (cost 2 Command Points)
    Weapons are 3 G43s and 2 Improved panzershrecks (this panzershreck has now got 80%/75% accuracy
    Abilitys: Throw Grenade, PanzerFaust, Camoflaged (ambush)
    Upgrades: MP40s (3) More men (extra 2 men) PanzerFaust Volly (Like G43 Volly but it fires panzerfausts instead)

SS Amroured Hunters (2 SS TankDestoyers, 2 Marder 3s, 1 tiger) (cost 5 command Points)

Right Side:

Hull Down (if possible) ( 2 command points )
    ALL PE VEICLES WILL BE ABLE TO HULL DOWN

Defence of Normandy!!!! (2 command points)
    ALL PE VEICLES WILL MOVE AND FIRE FAST FOR A PERIOD AMOUNT OF TIME

FLAK 88s (3/2 command points)
    PE Panzer Grienders will be able to make Flak 88s

Deployed from Buildings (cost 4 command points)
    SS Panzer Grenadiers (same as PE Panzer Grenadiers but armed with MP44s G43s and 1 panzershreck (not impoved)) can be depolyed from PE Panzer Support Building
    SS tank destoyers can be deplyed from the Panzer Jager Building
    SS Assualt Truppen (6) amed with 6 MP44s (only allowed to build 2 for balance) Can be deployed form the Panze Support building

hope this could help you
    Last edited by LloydyBoy; 13th Mar 09 at 4:05 AM.

churchill rifle
    that is actually what i am doing

ohh well good then

i have idea tho for the wehrmact defencive doctrine

left side:

Infantry deployment decreased
    what the name says

Flak 88mm off map arty
    fires 5 rounds but with 85% accuracy like US arty but closer but not as close as the Brit arty

Ost batalion
    defence troops that utilize in automactic weapons
    only defence for Normandy by July 1944
    10 man squad of volks basicly but with mix of heavy weapons

Right Side:
    hopefully by the time u finish this mod ToV would already be out so:
    Elite Poineers that build Mortor bunker, Pantherturm, Heavy Bunker, Flak 34 and When 88 is buildable build Flak 88s

Veicles deployment time decreased
    what the name says

OberSturmFurher Micheal Wittman and his Tiger Tank (with his skin if u can get it)

Sry for late post.
    @LloydyBoy: I mean is it possible to build new units for this mod becouse in that vote there stands option "give the factions rare vehicles and prototype ones" So for that it would be almost necessary to use it. But what kind of welices i mean? Well firstly some prototypes. "Super" Churchill Black prinze what was modified to carry 17 pounder anti tank gun. This would be limited like 1 at time just like tiger. Another tank what i would like to see is Panzer VIII Maus. Ok i know there is many who wont want that in this mod, but you could add it to Terror docktrine and replace to King Tiger. It would be Extremly well armored in evry direction and carrys 2 anti tank guns 1x 128 mm KwK44 L/55 and 1x coaxial 75 mm KwK 44 L/36.5 + number of mg34 machine guns. For panzer elite you could replace their anti tank halftruck whit this one Sdkfz 251/22 - 7.5cm PaK40 L/46. For allies make M36 jackson tankdestroyer, M26 "super pershing" what just carrys better gun and better armor. But pleace if ur plannin to modifly american airborne tree remove old bombin run and make some REAL bomber to do that job, like that halifax bomber in opposing fronts. If u want more ideas for docktrines ect. just ask

well all the doctrines wil be replaced anyway with differnt ones EG PE Booby Trap doctrine is now SS doctrine
    Super Churchill i llike the idea lets see if Churchill Rifle will Agree
    The Maus Yes it is Increadly amorued but what would u use to destroy it
    also if the haliax bomber cannot be done then why not have Real rockets instead of thos bombs because in real life the P47 would carry rockets not Bombs

Yes Maus got like godlike armor, but becouse that its got slow turret turnin speed, so flanking would be easiest way to take it out. And yes P47 usualy carrys rocets irl, but...but when americans got air superiority in ww2, its ridicular that they cant have eaven bombing run what could be called as it. I mean alled airborne support tree must be completly replace, becouse its simply useless now days. But what kind of replace i mean? First of all airborne right side it could be something like this: 1 Recon fly: 1. P47 comes and recon ordered area, it`s un armed but really fast need only 1 cp and 25/50 munition. 2. Areal air support: Just like Panzer Elite Luft henkel patrol, but instead of them there will ofc be several p47 armed whit multiple .50 cal mg.s and rocets and targeting ALL units exept infantry. Request 3cp and 150/200 munition and operation time could be 2/3 minutes. And last Allied air superiority: Several bombers ( 1-5) Comes and smach target area back to stone age. These planes will be mutch more easier to shot down tha p47, but once they get on target zone, hell is unleashed. Requests: 3cp and 200-300 munition 2-3 minute "reload" time after strike is ower.

ok we could do that but 1-5 bombers knock them back to the stoneage

thats a bit Unbalanced i mean you could destroy a Hq within minites when you have that what would the germans have to counter it if thye didnt have Maus

Well i didnt say there should be those 5 planes, did i? It dosent matter how many there would be, i mean eaven 1 would be enough.

yeah that sounds a bit right but to be honest this isnt up to me or you its up to Churchill

churchill rifle
    i am going to include the black prince as a normal unit but the rest of the experimentals are doctrine ability's gained when you first choose the doctrine and i am replacing those bombing runs definately
    as for doctrines i will welcome all suggestions
    but as for defences te bunkers are being replaced by the wooden bunkers from OF and nothing like a pantherturm would be built during the battle
    i also have a special request for people to make maps where the axis side of the battlefield has the heavy defenses but the allied side has better terrain or resource points because this would represent normandy very well

i will add maus if i can but first it needs some kind of counter that is only effective against it and similar vehicles

u could have a centaur tank in the game the centaur was used during Normandy (it basicly looks like a cromwell but with a 90mm motor as a main armement)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Centaur_IV.JPG

churchill rifle
    quick update:
    i am not going to start serious coding until TOV comes out which is april 8
    however on the bright side i have almost all the planning done so it will go faster

good you should its not fair though europe gets ToV on 24th april

24. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #24
    I think the release date has been pushed by everywhere to late April.

Thread Information