Here's a list of what you can expect:
Weapons generally do 300% DPS to units, wrecks and combat structures, and 150% DPS to observation posts and tier/ambient structures.
- Small Arms: 0.5x accuracy, 6x damage.
- Cannons/AT Weapons: 0.8x accuracy, 3.75x damage.
- Grenades/Satchel Charges/Mines/Tomahawk/PHL03: 1.5x radius, 1.5x damage, 2x modified damage vs. buildings.
- Artillery/Mortars/Flamethrower/Grenade Launchers/Accessory Weapons/GAU-8/AT Mines/Type 88 DMR/M14 EBR: 3x damage.
- Pintle M240bs/ZTZ99 12.7mm pintle gun/Coaxial MGs: 0.25x accuracy, 12x damage.
Automatic Territory Capture (ATC):
This brilliant bit of code was originally developed by "AgameAnx" on the Relic News Forums
, however we've changed several settings around and created a dedicated setup for Modern Combat. Credits to AgameAnx though, without whom this wouldn't be possible!
Strategic points no longer need to be captured by units. Instead, sectors will instead be captured automatically when occupied. The number of units and individuals located within a sector, as well as their respective capture rates, will determine the speed at which the sector is converted.
If units from both sides occupy a sector, whichever side has the greatest field presence in that sector will gain ownership of it.
Hovering the mouse cursor over any given sector will notify you of the percentile ownership.
- Longer (x1.4) sight and weapon/ability ranges for all units.
- Global decrease to long range accuracy (75%) and global increase to short range accuracy (125%) in order to maintain current gameplay/balance between long and short-ranged units.
- All infantry can sprint. Sprinting increases movement speed and makes a squad harder to hit or suppress, but also reduces their combat effectiveness and sight/detection radii. Modifiers much more pronounced while moving and less so while stationary. Incurs a small accuracy and cooldown penalty when finished.
- In lieu of a DPS or an additional range boost both snipers have been given new specialised upgrades and abilities to make them more dynamic.
- Both now cost 300 manpower.
- Both are restricted to camouflaging while in cover and stationary, and have much longer recloak times when firing.
- Stationary units are 25% easier to hit.
- No tracers/smoke trails (excluding missiles and rockets).
- Almost all units take longer to acquire targets.
- Weapons do more DPS when firing into groups of enemies. Don't bunch up!
- Most projectiles are faster.
- No visible countdown timers on grenades/satchel charges.
- Removed cap limits from units like the Abrams and ZTZ99.
- No occlusion.
- A few other goodies for you to discover yourself!