In this thread you can find informations about hardware and hardware related issues.
Minimum system requirements
* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
* P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
* 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
* A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
* 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space
AthlonXP CPUs do not work with DoW2, as they don't support SSE, which is needed to run the game.
There is a timing bug in AMD 64 X2 dual core processor that drastically reduces performance in Dawn of War II. If you are having problems on an AMD 64 X2 or Opteron dual core, please make sure you have the dual core optimizer installed.
Onboard graphic is not supported for DoW2, it might be that a new driver in the future will change it. If the onboard chipset supports shader model 3.0 it might work, but there is no guarantee.
Keep your drivers updated
Make sure to have the latest drivers for your hardware, this will solve a lot of problems. Below you can find some links.
notebook graphic cards (nVidia)