View Poll Results: Would you buy a CD soundtrack of uncompressed, remixed Homeworld2 music?

Voters
381. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

312 81.89%
  • No

69 18.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Homeworld 2 Sound Track Poll

1. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #1

Homeworld 2 Sound Track Poll

If a CD soundtrack of uncompressed, remixed Homeworld2 music were published, would you buy it?

This is an official poll of Relic's asking.

Please only vote a simple yes or no.
    Last edited by ÜberJumper; 20th Dec 03 at 11:36 AM.

VGAhaze
    How much would a sound track like that cost?

asda
    Why would I want to buy such a thing if I can extract it from the big file ?

littlegreencube

Re: Homeworld 2 Sound Track Poll

Don't be stupid.

Originally posted by ÜberJumper
    remixed

Joreit Amirald
    Yes i would buy it !!

Yes. and If it had both HW1 and HW2

asda
    so what is "remixed" in it?

Aessa

Homeworld2 Soundtrack

Yes, I'd definitely buy it, if it would ever arrive in our country. But, I have done some amazon shopping in the past and will probably do it again.

Archae
    Of course I would buy it! High resolution Bentusi Arrival would kick ass!

stimpak
    i'd buy it, if it had some other stuff too.. like some artwork or something about the backgroung of hw2.

Soban-sa
    I agree with Stimpak

Drako
    sounds kewl to me, id love to have the soundtrack on CD. i have all the music extracted to my comp as well. Sure add more bells 'n' wissles, however wont make much difference to me. id like to have some artwork as well, also maybe some groovy jpg's of blue prints of all of the ships. Actually if someone has some of the blue prints right now id love to have them ^^.

snarqPSA

HW2 soundtrack

yes, probably would buy it.

Do birds that can fly have wings?

Sure! :thumb:

Would be nice to hear this stuff minus the beeps and mission effects mixed in!

Sierra/VG's Homeworld, Cataclysm, and HW 2 Moderator (Closed)

Ancient Clan of Hex&Square yasotay's Avatar
    Yes

Droquzon
    I wouldn't pay for it, but it'd be a good idea to put it in the GOTY edition of HW2 if it comes out. Otherwise I'll just dl it from somewhere.

Artimus
    I'd pay cash-moneys for it.

g1nkg0
    i would buy anything that has to do with Homeworld

I do all my own stunts Dan Van Crone's Avatar
    Yes and I'd order international to get it.

Blatantly defying your "yes or no" stipulation I also want to add that if a CD soundtrack of the original game was reissued I'd purchase that, too.

Hopefully at the lake. Miss that place terribly in the winter.
    Yeppers here. I'd go after the remix no question or problemo.

-- Retro

21. Child's Play Donor  #21
    The remixed soundtracks of HW and HW2 would be nice, but I wonder how they want to distribute it. US and Canada isn't a problem, I wonder if they would make it international available.
    The Dark one has Arrived.

22. General Discussions Senior Member The Studio Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #22
    Depending on the cost, yes, I would purchase it.

Yes, I would probally buy it if it were not too expensive, but I am confused about in the credits it says the soundtrack is avalible at sierra.com.. while it is in fact not.

gawad
    Definately.

Homeworld2 has the best "ethno-ambient" music I've ever heard. Heck, I've ALREADY remixed and burned my .big extracts with Nero and I'd STILL buy a copy (plus maybe one or two more for friends). I'm not kidding, the quality of the music on HW2 is simply outstanding (if not all the track sampling).

It would almost be a crime _not_ to publish a HW2 OST. Rhett Brewer totally rocks, man.

Of course, it would be real nice of them to throw in a couple of bonus extras like Angus Dei and and maybe the first misson track from Cata (that one _really_ rocks).

BlueC
    I wonder how would this translate to in the big money machine.

Only a 100+ peep interested in the soundtrack :/

Wirlwind
    yes i'd buy it.

The beauty is they can release the extra CD's with later releases of HW2.

Quite apparently a "GOTY" edition is unlikely, as reviewers are drooling over the FPS' and their years of failure. More likely though is Sierra could nab a few of those Strategy Game of the Year or Game of Choice awards from your random reviewer. Throw on a big pretty sticker for the included music CD and you've got a few people going for it. But that's a guess, I'm not an expert.

-(Hyper)-
    Originally posted by SajuurKS
    Yes, I would probally buy it if it were not too expensive, but I am confused about in the credits it says the soundtrack is avalible at sierra.com.. while it is in fact not.
    Yeah, that is indeed strange...Maybe there is a secret "download homeworld 2 soundtrack button" on sierra.com. I'll go look for one such button, but the site is huge, it could take weeks. Wish me luck...

BentusiTrader
    Even strategy game of the year is going to be tough, however....*cough*War3:Frozen Throne*cough*

HW2 is a great game but TFT is so much more popular that I'm pretty sure it's gonne rake it in

Pizdets
    i would def buy it

paul ruskay = teh w1nn4r
    that man needs more recognition

i got the soundtrack for hw1 when i bought the goty edition... oh boy did i ever enjoy it -=]

DavePI
    yeah, i'd buy it

Phil
    I would buy it if they ever made it, but you would need to ask a wider group of ppl. As most ppl here are bound to say yes.

Rebmem
    Phil, are you active on any car forums?

TyrealMathias
    yuppers, id buy it! :-D

35. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #35
    Hell yes.

VirgoT
    Damn right I would.

DarkAnnihilator
    I would buy such a CD, in fact I am waiting for such a CD since I completed the game for the 1st time. I have extracted the music files from the game but still I would like to buy an official Homeworld II CD to add it to my collection simply because I think it is the best game I have ever played since I own a computer. And this matter is not open for discussion since it is my own personal opinion.

Excelion Prime
    Yes. Count me in.

In case anyone's asking, I'd also be interested in HW1/HW2 clothing (t-shirts or hats) similar to what is available with the Relic and IC logos.

You want new space ship? NO!!! Zeenith's Avatar
    Yes.

Jaran
    I'd would be voting yes if it was letting me vote.

Most definatly would, would they consider a homeworld box set with both homeworld and homeworld2 music?

Bistromatic
    I'd buy anything that has Homeworld written on it.

Pandelume
    Originally posted by NovaBurn
    Yes. and If it had both HW1 and HW2

Ditto. It would be nice if Blizzard re-released the HW1 GotY soundtrack CD along with the HW2 score. Maybe a 2 disc set. They could sell it online from the Relic and/or Sierra web sites. It would have made a great "stocking stuffer" this Christmas had they released it in time.

red & black
    of course ~~ ^^

45. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #45
    Pandelume, I trust yuo meant Sierra, not Blizzard.

Skeletor
    YYEEEESSSS!!!!!

That said, does anyone know where I can buy the Homeworld 1 soundtrack these days? I LOVED IT, but I can't find it anywhere.

If Relic releases a homeworld 1&2 soundtrack double-pack, I'd buy five! Seriously!

medamanx
    well, i will openly say i voted no

reasons being: the first official hw soundtrack sucked... i hated the remixed crap and utter gayness of it, secondly i feel that the raw extracted music files extracted from hw and cata then burned onto cd made a much more fitting soundtrack than that which was published with the goty edition, thirdly i wouldnt pay for something which i could make better on my own...

thats my 2 cents... peace easy mates,

meda out

Skeletor
    Originally posted by medamanx
    well, i will openly say i voted no

reasons being: the first official hw soundtrack sucked... i hated the remixed crap and utter gayness of it, secondly i feel that the raw extracted music files extracted from hw and cata then burned onto cd made a much more fitting soundtrack than that which was published with the goty edition, thirdly i wouldnt pay for something which i could make better on my own...
    You mean they changed the original game-music for the soundtrack? Why?

And how do I extract the music files?

Jaran
    The soundtrack that came w/ the GOTY edition of Homeworld wasn't remixed. It's the same stuff that's in-game. But to be fair, the only tracks I find myself listening to are Agnus Dei and the Turanic Battle Music (both of which more than carry the disk).

BTW, if an admin could give me some help, I'm not being allowed to vote in any polls.

50. Homeworld Senior Member  #50
    To avoid the hassle of trying to download all the tools all over again and everything...

My answer is an unwaviering Yes.

Even though I do not own the game yet, HW has remarkable music (Even Cata!) and I'd love to get my hands on a CD.

Now...what about an artbook?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information