British Fubar?

British Fubar?

Im not sure if this is commonly known, but the British in their current incarnation are.. toothless.

I just played a 3 v 3match against 2 yanks and a brit on the sheldt of all maps. Expecting an early offensiveI picked defensive and managed to hold the lower bridge against a classic early british rush.

Afterwards I sent a sniper up to discover the usual batch of mortors/machine guns/Heavy AT nest. What was shocking is that a lone pak was able to drive up, and waste every single one of them. The British arty was kind of irritating as it could fire constantly, but since it had no range, and allied arty cant seem to do squat against bridges, we eventually just steam rolled them with panthers and tanks.

I really hope this patch is rushed because the amount of disadvantages the British currently possess is pretty dismaying. That coupled with the fact that all the new units for them are broken is saddening.

Additonally, the only games I ever seem to see anymore are Hordes of German games with the allied team empty. Since I cant stand to play the allies in their current incarnation, this makes for a really brutal situation.

Does anyone have any effective strategy for playing British right now? They used to be my fav team.

They're not FUBAR but they have to be extremely aggressive. I basically only use mortar nests to deal with defense, and AT guns if I'm cornered. Otherwise the Firefly IS my AT gun, stewarts are anti-infantry measures and Brens are general support.

that a lone pak was able to drive up
    There is your answer. The PaK38 has been well established as a broken unit in this patch. With the ability to stack bonuses, it can eventually one shot anything. In conjuntion with this, British emplacements are in a slump as well, due to the garrison bug, primarily affecting the MG Nest.

So, to answer your question, no the Britsh aren't FUBAR, the PaK is.

AT guns dont seem to fire properly, or their accuracy is screwed. One of my panthers drove in and head on destroyed a british AT gun. Granted it nearly died, but the gun seemed to miss half the time. Fireflys still seem deadly thank god.

5. Forum Subscriber  #5
    Not FUBAR, acos N? Do we live on the same planet? How can you sit at your PC and wilfully type that with the knowledge that all British emplacements are absolutely fucked?

Extremely aggressive, my backside. Your AT gun comes at T4 and 100 Fuel apiece, while your anti-infantry measures get sunk by any kind of concentrated fire and the PaK bug means that any Allied tank gets one-shotted after a certain length of time.

Alright, I'll give you extremely aggressive. That is to say that a British player has to beat his opponent within the first 5 minutes by being extremely aggressive, because after that there is no defence against enemy tanks until the Firefly, if the British player survives that long, which he won't without a 17 Pounder that actually works.

MentalAss, you just contradicted yourself. You admitted that the emplacements were bugged and then said the British faction was fine.
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

Well the last 5 games ive played Ive seen 1 British player, and honestly im scared to try them. My friend said their arty is now gimped but as a compensation can fire constantly or something ridiculous. The game we played the Brit just got absolutely stomped by a pak and some flame pioneers. The new German mobile AT gun also seems able to absolutely wreck anything with its deadly AT gun and crazy suppressive MG.

Does the commando doctrine still hold any promise?

I'm well aware of my doings Invictus, but besides the emplacements, which I can only assume that everyone and their grandmothers know about the garrison bug by now, the Brits seem to be rather balanced.

8. Forum Subscriber  #8
    Maelcite, commandos are the same as they've always been, except you can't bait enemy tanks into a 17 Pounder with them because the freaking thing doesn't work properly. Meaning that you'll need Tetrarchs as an extensive stop-gap on the way to Fireflies.

MentalAss: Fair enough; the infantry is relatively well balanced. What do you use for mid-game AT, before Fireflies and Cromwells?

Basically Malecite, you can either go with the Commandos, or the Royal Canadian Artillery. But with the RCA comes a bugged 'Supercharged rounds' ability which doesn't give the bonus range. However, your friend is right, Brit artillery can fire almost non stop with a little play.

Emplacements are bugged, they share the same delays as garrisoning MGs, hence why the 17lber took ages to fire at incoming tanks.

Edit: Basically since Over Repair has been justifiably nerfed, my first Sappers are usually Piated. I know they're still no RRs or Shreks at short range, but at least they're decent now compared to prior patches.
    Last edited by MentalAss; 7th May 09 at 5:15 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by Invictus.

Well thanks for the advice, I must admit its a wee bit dissapointing as I used to rely alot on the emplacements as part of my game. I guess ill have to adapt a little more to this crazy post patch world. Althougj I find the kangaroo carrier hilarious in its implementation, they gave that unit to the one race that has THE most expensive infantry units. So it seems it costs outrageous sums to actually garrison any decent sort of force in it, and if you take it your sacraficing a very necessary unit. Piats in a kangaroo carrier seem to do very little against tanks before the damn thing is blown apart.

Ah well. Guess i can always just make one of the endless German games and wait for someone brave enough to play allies ha ha ha. God please Relic hurry up with the patch guys.

Try combining Bren Tommys with those Piat Sappers. They can use the Button ability from inside the Roo giving those piats more time .

l have literally stopped playing brits because of the very bad shape the faction is in.. yes.. me stop playing brits.. how can that be?... well if l want to lose then l play brits.. from the delay of the 17pdrs firing to their woeful aim... and then there is the art.. the overpowered art isn't applicable to the 25pdr..and the one-shot pak.. making any armour useless..
    l hoep that the patch comes out soon..

Dont underestimate the engineers. Improved emplacements are only ONE of their abilities.

I just wish churchills had more oomph to their attack. Can't dance the turret of enemy tanks, and penetrate their armor, so they're what? punching bags?

I would not recommend playing as the British in the current version. Like many others mentioned, the burst fire bug and PaK38 bug does not help, in addition to the garrison/emplacement bug which means all of the British emplacements are screwed due to the fire delay. There's also the useless British Staghound (which still amazes me somewhat), and Recon Sections not being able to see camouflaged units while moving (a very serious problem considering you have few squads and even fewer Recon sections).

Is there a way around these bugs? Pretty much no. If you're looking for an extreme challenge, then playing as the British will give you that. You'll need a lot of patience though.

It´s funny to see allies outnumbered in 2vs2 auto lol. However the highest streaks are still Allied. Hmmmm...

For the brits, PAK is not the worst problem in this patch... it´s those mp 44 blobs running in your HQ raping everything, because that Bofors and Vickers crews have been poisoned by ze germans with barbiturics.
    Proud to be... human

Brits rock they are better than ever you just need to play more.

You can sit here all day and call Brits UP against Wehr but at least you can generally put it down to a bugged Pak as the reason. Now try and tell me that Brits are UP against PE when the Tommies bren gun chews through PGrens and the new heat seeking Piats are insane against PE paper thin armor.
    Who needs emplacements anyway now that Brits can just blob their way to wins.
    Comments from a typical opponent.....Start game = "GL HF".... Mid game = "That's BS".... End game = "Fucking Noob, hope you Die!" Someone should tell them it's just a Game!

I haven't played brits once since 2.500 online, dont plan to either, broken beyond belief, I can barely stand playing Wehr/USA with their respective bugs.

The ultimate problem is that 2/3 of the British Faction is worthless as of 2.500+ between the Emplacement Bug and the PAK Bug (all British Tanks and all British Emplacements). In return, the British get an infantry AT weapon that can actually hurt a tank.

So basically, British strategy involves blobbing lots of Tommies, Sappers, and Officers together. It is devistating, yes, but it is pathetically easy to counter (by Wehr, PE has a harder time admittingly), and is the only working strategy available for Brits.

I have been sticking to Basic Match games, though, and fortunately (for me) most of the Axis basic match players have no clue how to counter Brit infantry spam. Hell, I still fight Axis players who thinks that driving a tank into the middle of a Brit blob is a good idea.

Still, I would not touch automatch with a 50-meter pole, since all you would be doing would be feeding Axis players free wins, well, the ones who know how to play anyway.

You can sit here all day and call Brits UP against Wehr but at least you can generally put it down to a bugged Pak as the reason. Now try and tell me that Brits are UP against PE when the Tommies bren gun chews through PGrens and the new heat seeking Piats are insane against PE paper thin armor.
    Who needs emplacements anyway now that Brits can just blob their way to wins.
    You seemed to have no problem when I was able to PG Blob my way to Level 10 as Panzer Elite in 2.400.

By the way: If you lose crap to PIATs, learn to micro, PIATs still cannot hit moving targets and it is generally a stupid idea to drive crap into the buttoning range of Tommies.

By the way: If you lose crap to PIATs, learn to micro, PIATs still cannot hit moving targets and it is generally a stupid idea to drive crap into the buttoning range of Tommies.
    I agree with this. Axis have enough units that can kill infantry while staying outside Tommies range.

Right now Brits have to be played differently than before and sometimes it might help because most WH and PE players will expect something completely different.

Right now Brits have to be played differently than before and sometimes it might help because most WH and PE players will expect something completely different.
    This. Many Axis players completely forget on a regular basis that this is 2.502, not 2.301.

I have been sticking to Basic Match games, though, and fortunately (for me) most of the Axis basic match players have no clue how to counter Brit infantry spam. Hell, I still fight Axis players who thinks that driving a tank into the middle of a Brit blob is a good idea.

Still, I would not touch automatch with a 50-meter pole, since all you would be doing would be feeding Axis players free wins, well, the ones who know how to play anyway.
    Oh, you can still win. It's a matter of having a few great moments in the early game, and surviving until you can get your firefly's.

The CCS is basically the only building worth getting now, which is a shame. Mortar pits/17lbers to a lesser degree.

Basically you must rely on the Brits ammo based abilities to a huge degree. I go LHS arty company almost every time now, and get the FOO arty early, then work up to a Priest. I always put my HQ truck on the highest MU available to start a match, never fuel.

The sooner you can get Riflenades, the sooner you can push thru MG's. The sooner you get Brens, the sooner you can wipe out charging pgrens or mp44 volks, upgraded brens to cover against charging troops or flank mgs in the open... etc. etc. And the sooner you have the 150 mu for a FOO strike, you can walk in and fuck up a strongpoint of theirs.

Pretty much everything the Brits need is ammo based now for the first 1/2 of the game, because the emplacements aren't worth dick. That is why Tier 3 fast against the Brits is so OP right now, you have to use nothing but infantry and bren/piat button to fight vehicles for a while, and Puma's just laugh at that shit.
    But we love CoH, it's by far the best RTS game I've ever played. Every rose has its thorns, except CoH's thorns are more like laser guided serrated switch blades. - Painmuffin

What was shocking is that a lone pak was able to drive up, and waste every single one of them
    Im not sure if this is commonly known, but the British in their current incarnation are.. toothless
    Your basing this on 1 game where one lone pak destroyed your opponent.. srsly? 1 engineer squad and its gg pak, level 1 opponents generally arent the best way to gauge game balance..
    Yes, im back

I find at least one Mortar pit at your base is still worth it just as a precaution to keep the Wehr player from getting too aggressive with his MGs. Beyond that, I agree, I do not even build 17 Pounders now, and instead use captured PAKs/My Ally's 57mms instead.

I still use Commando doctrine, though. The cheap as hell mobile reinforce points, the Commandos, the ability to know what my enemy is building, and still getting an artillary ability (A shitty one, but still one none the less) is still golden.

Though, I have been using Commandos a LOT less now. Because Wehr/PE seem to rarely inf blob these days and usually they can be easily defeated by Brit infantry, their only purpose is pretty much getting rid of MGs and setting up demo charges.

I agree, though, that the newfound Brit strategy is extremely munitions dependant. The fact im usually getting 4-6 Sappers a game means that even when I OP the munitions, im still using more than I can produce. Between that and the fact I have been pooling fuel a lot more, I have been buying secured resourcing for my truck parked on the high muni more lately.

surviving until you can get your firefly's.
    With captured PAKs/Allied 57mms, you do not even need fireflies. The only time I used fireflies to great effect is when my opponents forgot to rebuild his AT Guns (That I captured) and never upgraded shreks. 2-3 Fireflies rushing into an Axis Bsae, wtfpwning the Stukas they were trying to spam, blowing up a few buildings, than leaving without a scratch certainly has its charm.

But that would never work against a competant player.

So basically, British strategy involves blobbing lots of Tommies, Sappers, and Officers together. It is devistating, yes, but it is pathetically easy to counter (by Wehr, PE has a harder time admittingly), and is the only working strategy available for Brits.
    How so, exactly? Wehrmacht has ostwinds to take care of infantry blobs, PE have the PIV IST. Getting one out may be a problem if the brit player is aggressive, but the same could be said for ostwinds. Mortars blow blobs to hell, and mortar halftracks can move liked greased lightning and don't even have to set up.

But yes, british are FUBARed. Instant FOO, emplacements that don't shoot, constant artillery but no supercharge... Coupled with other faction's bugs that kill british units faster, british are really, really hard to play right now.

Well admitedly it was only one match, but it was enough to make me wonder what the hell is going on. I guess Brits can fight back by exploiting the burst bug, which the Iron cross/AK PE do as well, but if you rush right for tanks... I dont see them doing very well. Even fire flys, as mentioned above, are vulnerable to super paks.

It's kind of funny, but Nanaki is totally right. One of the best/only ways to win as the Brits also involves stealing the enemy equipment. Nothing is more fearsome than Brits with stolen MG's, mortars, paks and shreks. Lol.

Brits aren't FUBAR at all, learn how to play. Emplacements are a last defense thing, own with the inf blob with brens and snipers and maybe rifle nades, get either a stuart or right away go for tanks, and build emplacements as a last resort if the enemy gets past your inf/tanks or if you have to retreat. There easy, and its pretty effective.

I have gotten owned with 24 VP left because I only built emplacements, I learned my lesson to never rely on only emplacements.

Krieg is right. Everyone...l2p...jeez.
    "The story's still the same, I've just personalized the name"

I think I love the "learn to play" advice more than anything.

ive played the Brits before, and I can tell you that pre patch I thought they were great. But you have to face facts, the AT emplacement is one of their only acceptable AT weapon mid game until fireflys role out. At this point the emplacements are fucked and fireflys can die in one shot from paks that invisible. Plus they are incredibly expesnive! The infantry blob seems to still work, until a single puma kites your men and manages to destroy half of them in a single volley.

Aggresiveness seems to be the only way to play the Brits, but again armored cars and pumas are just brutal on infantry. Never mind the Werblewind...

I just tried this tactic in a previous match and did well, until the vehicles started rolling out. If you wanna INF blob you have to tie a huge amount of req into keeping those squads coming out. All the axis has to do is build MGS ans supress your entire army in seconds, and tech for vehicles.

Did you even listen? Bren's can button. Buttoning is very cheap ability as it can button KT's from behind(What are they buttoning in the back of a KT? The shit hole?). And that is why you build emplacements behind your men, you retreat and bam the puma/AC goes straight into a 17lb/bofors. Or you can get a Churchill. Don't just say FUBAR to a faction without thinking about what counters you can use.

Krieg...how many games as the brits have you played total and with this new patch?

Like 5 with the new patch, not with 2.502, the one that did the MG thing. I never lost and it was against like Lvl 8-10's, so not noobs. Overall I have played about 80 with brits, maybe a bit less.(This is ranked). I might start playing a bit again this weekend, then I can give some more feedback.

Like 5 with the new patch, not with 2.502, the one that did the MG thing. I never lost and it was against like Lvl 8-10's, so not noobs. Overall I have played about 80 with brits, maybe a bit less.(This is ranked). I might start playing a bit again this weekend, then I can give some more feedback.
    I don't believe you, you keep talking about emplacements as if they work. This just added salt into my disbelief. Might want to provide some replays?
    Originally Posted by SourSauerKraut
    I clicked my jackboots together when I read your comment ..."Jawohl, Herr GermanSteel!!".

Brits aren't FUBAR at all, learn how to play. Emplacements are a last defense thing, own with the inf blob with brens and snipers and maybe rifle nades, get either a stuart or right away go for tanks, and build emplacements as a last resort if the enemy gets past your inf/tanks or if you have to retreat. There easy, and its pretty effective.

I have gotten owned with 24 VP left because I only built emplacements, I learned my lesson to never rely on only emplacements.
    Reading this tells me that you have not been paying attention to this topic, you have not played 2.502, and you have no clue what you are talking about.

British Emplacements are currently -broken- because of the fire-delay bug usually results in said emplacements getting owned before they could ever fire a shot.

Nevermind the PAK bug.

Did you even listen? Bren's can button. Buttoning is very cheap ability as it can button KT's from behind(What are they buttoning in the back of a KT? The shit hole?). And that is why you build emplacements behind your men, you retreat and bam the puma/AC goes straight into a 17lb/bofors. Or you can get a Churchill. Don't just say FUBAR to a faction without thinking about what counters you can use.
    1: The Churchill is basically just a glorified punching bag ever since it was nerfed, it lacks the AT/AI offensive power to really hurt anything beyond PE/Wehr Halftracks. It gets devoured alive by late-game AT anyway.
    2: If you let your vehicles/tanks get within buttoning range so easily like that, your a noob and deserve to lose whatever unit that got buttoned.
    3: You still have no idea what you are talking about when you think Emplacements are good.

Thus, this proves my point. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Let me offer you a free clue: The MG Delay that was added in 2.502 ended up bugging all forms of garrisons (including Trenches) and British emplacements, basically, what happens is that if an enemy unit wanders into their range, they end up taking about 5-10 seconds to actually fire.

The delay is long enough that Vickers MGs/17 Pounders are flanked or destroyed before they could fire back. PAKs (and Marders too?) can currently destroy any British emplacement with ease and usually without the emplacement ever shooting back.

It's kind of funny, but Nanaki is totally right. One of the best/only ways to win as the Brits also involves stealing the enemy equipment. Nothing is more fearsome than Brits with stolen MG's, mortars, paks and shreks. Lol.
    Yup, One of my favorite strategies even in 2.301. Given, the new and improved PIATs have actually made British less dependant on captured weapons (Shreks are no longer an absolute necessity, just nice to have). However, I still capture Shreks, MGs, PAKs, and even Nebelwerfers when I can. Mortars not so much, since usually by the time I can capture them I have no need for mortars. Shreks are nice to have since they are a hell of a lot harder to kite than PIATs.

All the Sapper PIATs are certainly nice to have when capturing weapons too, since their reinforcement cost is only 27-man as opposed to the usual 35-man.
    Last edited by Nanaki; 8th May 09 at 12:35 PM.

the buff of the sappers was so long overdue it wasn't funny yes.. l mean to the piats.. never used them until they were buffed.. (sry.. my idiom was far too compact)...even infantry with bren still get owned by any 2 or 3vet infantry...so any WHER or PE with vet, will kill any brit infantry..as is the case with British armour... so lets see no vet for inf or armour unless u keep your command alive..no portable mg or mortar..so any time u need inf support u have to build an emplacement.. and then they start with "oh its starting to look like sim city"...bs ... now lets see all faction have movable AT guns.. only the brits have to build AT emplacements..and then we get slagged off for building emplacements.. wait l know.. l just sit there in my orginal HQ and let my opponent just win.. without me even building one unit...

Last edited by saints77; 8th May 09 at 2:24 PM. Reason: so that Texture is able to comprehend ...:)

The only thing that made any sense in that post was the smiley faces, and even those were questionable.

Ellipsis are great fun until someone looses an eye. You might want to invest in some real punctuation.

Since the first 10 words are all I can read without experiencing wholesale nerve damage, what sapper nerf are you talking about? In most people's minds, sappers were highly buffed by getting Piats that are actually worth a damn. Do you mean the nerf to Overrepair?

the nerf of the sappers was so long overdue it wasn't funny...even inf with bren still get owned by any 2 or 3vet infantry...so any wher or PE with vet own any brit infantry..as with the armour... so lets see no vet for inf or armour unless u keep ur command alive..no portable mg or mortar..so any time u need inf support u have to build an emplacement.. and then they start with "oh its starting to look like sim city...bs " now lets see all faction have movable at.. only the brits have to build a at emplacement..and then we get slagged off for building emplacements.. wait l knwo.. l just sit there in my orginal HQ and let my opponent just win.. without me even building one unit...
    W.....T......F was that?

What are you talking about sir?

Is that a response to someone else, or are you talking to yourself? Because it makes NO sense.

oh blow it out your .... let me see.. l put into points so that (no l am not going to rude)

1. the buff to the sappers concerrning the piats ability to actual do any type of damage to armour was long overdue

2. there is still no veterancy for the british infantry, so that once your Lt gets it, and you can be assure that your opponent will target your commanding officers before any other unit, they will lose any vet bonuses that they recieve, even though you have kept them alive for most of the game, this is also the case for British armour

3. the brits have no portable mgs or mortars, so that for any infantry support, you are required to build emplacements, and thats when the "oh it's starting to look like sim city" remarks are let fly.. what a load of BS

4. all other factions have movable AT guns, now l have watched my fair share of replays, and the average spawn of AT guns is approxiamtely three, with the Pak bug, l have see a fair few more, but for the respectable CoH players a would say three.., so for a brit player to gain the same aspect of support from an AT gun, he/she has to build an AT emplacement, and again the comments of a sim city aspect to the game.

so my only alternative is to remain in my orginal location, and not build a unit, so that my oppnents will always have the win..
    is that clear enough or will l have to dumb down my grammar further so that (no l am not going to be rude)..

and as the British emplacements are non-functioning, the faction is unplayable at this moment, l have played a number of games attempting to surmount these disadvantages, to no avail, the artillary bug is not so encumbered, but does effect your placment of the 25pdr, which inturn effects your game play,

New Hampshire, USA - Previously Greenock, Scotland.
    is that clear enough or will l have to dumb down my grammar further so that (no l am not going to be rude)..
    Dumb it down further? I actually think this is an improvement. It helps people understand you better when you use paragraphs. Keep writing like what you just did there and I'm sure people will understand in the future.

Anyway, back on topic. I agree that the British are almost completely screwed up with the latest patch disasters. Never before have I been so desperate for a patch like I am now. Even if the next patch only had bugfixes, I'd still be happier with that patch than any balance patch Relic could ever produce. I just want to play with the British army's full arsenal again.

I've found playing a Brit somewhat enjoyable if you can survive long enough to where you can get out some 'Roos. Emplacements are only used to cover my forward HQ with the hope that my infantry can retreat and hold off the Axis attacker long enough for the emplacement to start firing. Building an emplacement with the hope that it will hold territory is just asking for trouble. Using the new mobility with the 'Roos is just much easier and I'd also say funner instead of just watching and waiting to see what your MG nest or Bofors does.

Granted I don't play 1v1 with a Brit and if I get stuck in a double Brit match in my 2v2 games it's probably going to be an uphill battle but that's pretty rare. If my US partner just covers the AT role until I get my 'Roos and FF's then we'll steamroll any Axis armor on the field.

lol.

back on topic. how anyone can say the brits arent broken is way beyond me. with like 30-50 % of ur build options out the window, its crazy how anyone can say `play more`

emplacements dont work! theyre supposed to, and they dont! how much does an mg nest help defend against early wehr flame, volks and mg rushes? a hell of a lot! and yet i dont even bother wasting the mp cuz i know itll just be destroyed!

ok im looking for something else to suppress, bren with vikers? sure, for about 30 seconds until the pak one shots it and ur crying, scambling for the "quit to main menu" button.

people saying practice more is kinda like the advice they give for people stranded at sea; use your life preserver as a booey to float and try to signal for help. yeah thatll work.... until the sharks come.

until then, no one should buy OF or ToV. no one should even play brits in basic matches or automatches. we should boycott the brits until they are fixed (how this will motivate relic ... i dont know)
    Last edited by [TigerHunter]; 8th May 09 at 5:17 PM.

oh blow it out your .... let me see.. l put into points so that (no l am not going to rude)

1. the buff to the sappers concerrning the piats ability to actual do any type of damage to armour was long overdue

2. there is still no veterancy for the british infantry, so that once your Lt gets it, and you can be assure that your opponent will target your commanding officers before any other unit, they will lose any vet bonuses that they recieve, even though you have kept them alive for most of the game, this is also the case for British armour

3. the brits have no portable mgs or mortars, so that for any infantry support, you are required to build emplacements, and thats when the "oh it's starting to look like sim city" remarks are let fly.. what a load of BS

4. all other factions have movable AT guns, now l have watched my fair share of replays, and the average spawn of AT guns is approxiamtely three, with the Pak bug, l have see a fair few more, but for the respectable CoH players a would say three.., so for a brit player to gain the same aspect of support from an AT gun, he/she has to build an AT emplacement, and again the comments of a sim city aspect to the game.

so my only alternative is to remain in my orginal location, and not build a unit, so that my oppnents will always have the win..

and as the British emplacements are non-functioning, the faction is unplayable at this moment, l have played a number of games attempting to surmount these disadvantages, to no avail, the artillary bug is not so encumbered, but does effect your placment of the 25pdr, which inturn effects your game play,
    That was tons better. Thanks.

Anyways, as ive said before. Ive quit coh til patch. I honestly never thought i would be that way. I always try to see the positive side of things, but this patch is just rediculous.

Playing as brits against wehr is a test of futility because you really stand no chance against a equal (or even less equal) opponent. All i see now are paks and pumas, paks and pumas, paks and pumas. If you cant build emplacments it hard as fuck to kill a puma. You have a hell of a time using piats because pumas erase them in 4 shots and < 3 sec. O who am i kidding, why even go in to it.

Guess i will try out some other games and see how they feel. sigh.

Inf blobs are in, emplacements are out, simple as..

Inf blobs are in, emplacements are out, simple as..
    emplacements are out cuz they dont work. stop being ignorant about game breaking bugs.

The British DO get an AT gun other than the 17 pounder, but it does illustrate a rather glaring problem.

The british get no dependable AT weapon until they can field Fireflies, and even then they have their disadvantages. Their damage is dependent on range, so if someone runs up to them and starts dancing it's going downhill fast. PIATs can be out-micro'd so you HAVE to have both a lieutenant and a bren group near by to make sure the damn things land. Sure, its viable, but compared to what other factions employ? Its laughable. And that's it. Stewarts don't have sufficient AT capabilities against any other tank except maybe a Hotchkiss. Cromwells are bloody expensive for a tank that's wishy washy. Its OK against other tanks, but for the most part I see it fending off infantry. Churchills have been over nerfed as well to accomidate the fact that if your opponent fail trains they can show up early. But thats at the cost of their effectiveness end game. They're too slow to dance another tank, so they'll never get a rear hit except if they ambush over a hedgerow. And they're not really that great against infantry either, so they're just punching bags as someone else put it. And they're supposed to be heavy tanks.

47. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #47
    Where do I start trying to clean up the mess this thread has become?

We have:
    • Trolling

• Flaming

• Backseat moderating

• Unreadable posts

• Smilie abuse

• Grammar police

It's not worth the time it would take to clean it all up. Locked.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
    heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
    Isaac Asimov

Thread Information