Suppression

Suppression

I think that this needs to be improved. I would like to see suppression work like it does in CoH. I want to see units get pinned not keep walking toward the Bolter squad as they are being peppered with bullets then taking out my bolter squad while taking hardly no damage. I would like units to get pinned like they do in CoH.

I want it to be one of two ways: Either suppression teams become cheap (CoH suppression units are sometimes nearly half the cost of regular infantry, goodness sakes), or they actually become deadly enough to become valuable. And while they're at it, make the brightlance plat a thing to be feared and valued as well.

(CoH suppression units are sometimes nearly half the cost of regular infantry, goodness sakes)
    Thats british tommies only.

Every other basic infantry unit in the game is vastly cheaper than them.

Both Wher and Ami MG's where, (lasty i looked), 240MP, Ami Rifles where 270MP, Wher Volks where 280MP and Wher Grenadiers where 300MP, (but grenadiers are T2 units in reality). CoH Suppreshion teams while cheaper than basic infantry where a lot closer to the costs of MG's than many DoWII ones are, SM especially.

I want to see units get pinned not keep walking toward the Bolter squad as they are being peppered with bullets then taking out my bolter squad while taking hardly no damage.
    You could move while pinned in CoH, (you had to wait 4 or 5 seconds mind). hat made pinning so horrific was that it cut your units firepower by about 95%, i wasn't aware DoWII suppreshion didn't do that. If thats the case somthing is very badly wrong...
    I don't know what i'm talking about, ignore me.

Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

I want to see units get pinned not keep walking toward the Bolter squad as they are being peppered with bullets then taking out my bolter squad while taking hardly no damage
    Since when does this happen? Heavy Bolters and Shuriken Cannons have obscene damage at close range and charging into them head on is suicide, even if you have an ability to temporarily break suppression.
    Chriss is that IG hater he wanted them to nerf everything about igs

no its not shees sluggas are making it into melee quite often now with both turrets and devs.

the main problem seems to be there bugged and do not target properly and do not always fire and the 1-2 seconds that it takes you to manually target melee squads is enough to let them make it into melee.

Pluss everyman and his dog can now break suspression effects.. well mostly orc.. but the end result is that charging a heavy weapon team or a turret head long isnt suicide all the time.
    Last edited by MasterBlaster; 8th Jul 09 at 7:30 AM.

@ Carl

Are you sure about the MG costs? I swear at least Wehr MG is 180 manpower, not 240.

What about reducing weapon damage for suppression teams, but give it a wide area of effect so it can affect at least a couple of squads at once?

Then you make suppression teams require more support than they already do because you need additional DPS to make the suppression effect worth anything more than a stall.

Cheaper suppression would go a long way in combating melee blobs, no doubt. Maybe 10-15 power for one. None of this 30 Power garbage.
    Semi-Retired

I think you're misunderstanding me.

What I mean is that right now a Shuriken plat, for instance, will do roughly 150-ish DPS to a single member of an enemy squad and courage damage across a wide area.

What I'm suggesting is that the shuriken plat do, say 80 DPS, but to every single member of at least two squads in an area at the same time, and same AoE courage damage.

Well 2 tacs + plasma upgrade can take on a heavy bolter head on.

Since when does this happen? Heavy Bolters and Shuriken Cannons have obscene damage at close range and charging into them head on is suicide, even if you have an ability to temporarily break suppression.
    This happens to me still with Mekboy or Lootaz. Gaunts, Sluggaz ect literally walk their way to my my Mekboy, under suppression, and close with him in melee. He barely does enough damage to them, and they don't even need to retreat.

11. Dawn of War Senior Member  #11
    As imagined by Octopus Rex... Troubleshooter's Avatar
    Well, from the standpoint of a TM, Devs < Turrets, which are roughly the same price. Devs should be cheaper based on that alone... up the targeter upgrade a few energy to compensate.

As for suppression in general... its annoying. I think it should be rare but deadly.
    Ra Owa : AAHHHH!!!! ITS A ROCK!
    Troubleshooter : Wha... oh... Pfffttt... Prove it. :}
    Ra Owa : ... [sputtering] ... o.O ... Its SCIENCE!

Devs are only powerful enough as their cost warrants if you get more than 2. However you deserve to lose if they get 2 or more because they've outplayed you with map control/resources,
    Knife King of Doltland

I'm not surprised. Anything within three feet of you seems to end up full of knife shaped holes.

Thread Information