Nobs do less damage than Slugga Boy Nob Leaders

Nobs do less damage than Slugga Boy Nob Leaders

Nob default DPS: 28.33
    Nob DPS w/ hammer: 33.33

Slugga boy Nob leader DPS: 76.92.

Relic, seriously, what the fuck? Does this seem insane to anyone else?

I'm fairly certain that this is a bug, especially considering this:

Quote Originally Posted by Relic Changelog
    Nobs
    • The Nob Frenzy ability now makes the squad invulnerable for its duration
    • Hammer damage decreased from 110 to 100
    • Choppa damage has been increased from 75 to 100
    It's funny, because base damage for the Nob squad's Choppas is still 85 (it was never 75), yet the base damage for the Slugga boy squad's Nob Leader has been increased to 100. Whoops!

Either way, though, Slugga boy Nob Leader damage shouldn't be higher than Nob squad Nobs. Even at 75 base damage it was too high.
    Last edited by Dux; 8th Jul 09 at 10:47 AM.
    In-Game: Dux
    Steam Account: DucusSumus

Also, what the hell is up with a Kommando Nob Leader having a hammer now? Does any of this even make sense?

Yes. Also, a single Slugga ork has 27 DPS. You have read that right, an unupgraded Slugga squad does more damage than a vanilla Nob Squad.

@Dux

shouldnt the damage be the same? both are the same unit, technically.

also to echo Faith...WHY DOES THE KOMMANDO NOB HAVE A HAMMER? lol
    if they wanted to give the kommandos a hammer may i recommend the TT tankbusta hammer which is pretty much a rokkit attached to a pipe. the tankbustas melees a tank for a nice str 10 attack against the enemy in TT. transfer that to DoW II statline and that should be useful for a suicide AV charge
    Acceptance- Seeing how hopefully shitty you are and moving on.

Yea that would be awesome, to see a Kommando squad stealth behind a tank, and smack the tank in it's rear armor with a explosive hammer.

Although what's the difference between a Slugga Nob's damage compared to a Nob Squads Nob leaders damage?

or it could be a upgrade for the tankbustas. give em AV hammers with a heath boost to accommodate the no range attack and have them melee tanks.

I think shotgun for the nob kommando would be good.

Yes. Also, a single Slugga ork has 27 DPS. You have read that right, an unupgraded Slugga squad does more damage than a vanilla Nob Squad.
    *sigh*
    Why, Relic. Why?

shouldnt the damage be the same? both are the same unit, technically.
    The Nob from the Nob Squad is a lot more expensive. He also carries a huge ass chain-axe while the Slugga Nob Leader just carries a Choppa. It would be fine for balance if they had the same DPS, though.

that can be fixed by giving the slugga nob a two handed weapon giving him a boost in melee to match the nob squad but sacrificing a extra ranged slugga attack...which frankly who cares since the sluggas pistols dont do a whole lot already.

Effectiveness is a combination of HP and DPS. The nobs have a little bit less damage, but significantly more health.

Go get 5 nob leaders and put them up against a nob squad. See what happens.

It's fine, move on.

I wouldnt call it fine.
    Consider agasint a slugga squad with the 130% retreat damage from melee... heros are gonna have to retreat with 400 health or so just to get away from that one unit, its about 4-5 seconds before retreat outruns melee charge.

of course sluggas are screwed currently, ive had TM die when he has been at 100% health and retreated just as the slugga squad reached him.
    with the increase in melee damage across the board im thinking the increased retreat damage needs to be removed or made slightly less say 90%.

Actually I think five Nob Leaders could beat a Nob Squad. Five Nob Leaders would have 385 DPS in the current version. The Nob Squad would have about 2.3x the HP but the Nob Leaders would have roughly 3x the DPS.

Also, did you not read the part about the buff to Nob Leaders being an error? It clearly wasn't intended, and it's clearly imbalanced, so I certainly wouldn't call it "fine."

I can see orkplayers now getting nobs on slugga squads and letting the sluggas die so they can mass an army of slugga nobs lol.
    wonder if its viable at all.

A dragon's tooth in a mortal's hand, I kill, I maim, I rule the land!
    Here's a crazy idea about the Kommando Nobz - make them Flash gitz with blasty snazzguns! I think blasty is the laser upgrade, anyway that gun will also be effective at anti-vehicle.

That way the Kommando Nob keeps his gun but also has an AV weapon, further more we'll also have our Flsh gitz, although there will be just the one.

ummm fluff wise, flash gitz focus alot on being really loud and shooty. a really loud unit mixed with a sneaky unit is rather...contradictory?

we could always be creative and give the kommando nob a shoota with a rokkit launcha attached to it. it would be like a modern day m4 with grenade launcher.

Thread Information