Slugga Boys upgraded > FC + Tacticals (Flamer)

Slugga Boys upgraded > FC + Tacticals (Flamer)

I just played a game the other day where my Force Commander and tacticals had to retreat from a solo squad of slugga boys (upgraded with leader). My FC had a power sword and artificer armor, and the tacticals had a flamer (no squad leader).

The biggest problem was that I was trying to reposition my commander before I actually attacked; to do so I ran him around the squad in a 180degree arc. He was taking damage during that time while not outputting damage. By the time he actually got around the Slugga Boy Squad (w/ squad leader upgrade), my comander had about 65-70% health. I then attacked the Slugga Boys with both my FC and Tacticals with a flamer. I still had to retreat both units from the fight. The FC was down to almost no health, and the Sluggas engaged the tacticals, causing a retreat to the tacticals as well. The Slugga Boys still had about 50% health after my retreat.

Slugga Boys were whaaaagged. I had to retreat the FC and Tacticals from a battle against a single Slugga Boy squad. WTF.... That should not have happened...

hmm were any other globals involved? "'ard boyz" and/or "use your sluggaz" will make sluggas very scary. Did they have a nob? Did they have burnas? Don't think that a normal unupgraded slugga squad can beat the FC even when he has no wargear...

I think the only way that could happen is with Waaagh, 'ard Boyz and Use Yer Choppas.

And even then I still really can't see an FC dying that quickly.

Need a replay.

Flamers are pretty shitty against Sluggas. They have 50% resistance to flame damage.

And even then I still really can't see an FC dying that quickly.
    LOL, a fully upgraded Slugga squad has over 150 DPS.

right now sluggas are really scary - especially pre-1.4.2.

With Nob leader they got DPS as mentioned and with Burnas, they get 2 Power Weapons in the squad, making them SM Infantriy Heavy Armor killing machines... with Waaagh they can actually do stuff like that even without other globals.

Shouldn't happen again though with Nob Leader being T2 again, Choppa Dmg decreased and Waaagh getting more scarce in 1.4.2

Three fully upgraded Slugga Squads still take down a Wraithlord within 10 seconds though.

well 3 fully upgraded slugga squads are no joke anyways xD-.

7. Dawn of War Senior Member  #7
    As imagined by Octopus Rex... Troubleshooter's Avatar
    well 3 fully upgraded slugga squads are no joke anyways xD-.
    er... no! Not funny at all!

@OP : If you cant get a slugga squad down to about 60% HP and two casualties, I would not suggest you try to fight them. Their flamer is a power weapon in Close combat, so they are doing stupid levels of damage to your tacs. Your FC would need to battle cry just to keep them on their feet. If you're playing FC, you need to be thinking about either scouts shotties or ASM very early on.
    Ra Owa : AAHHHH!!!! ITS A ROCK!
    Troubleshooter : Wha... oh... Pfffttt... Prove it. :}
    Ra Owa : ... [sputtering] ... o.O ... Its SCIENCE!

It doesn't help that the Slugga Nob Leader has super-high damage thanks to an erroneous buff.
    In-Game: Dux
    Steam Account: DucusSumus

9. Dawn of War Senior Member  #9
    As imagined by Octopus Rex... Troubleshooter's Avatar
    oh? do tell...

@TS:
    Full explanation here: http://community.dawnofwar2.com/view...23982&p=428693

Basically, the buff that was supposed to go to Nob Squads went to Slugga Boy Nobs instead.

Basically, the buff that was supposed to go to Nob Squads went to Slugga Boy Nobs instead.
    Can anybody confirm if this has been fixed? I thought my nobz with axes were only tickling the enemy...

Its no wonder Slugga Boy Nobz were so damned powerful in Tier 1. I wonder how it would of went down if they had their normalized damage. That being... would they have been over powerful.

I'm betting yes.
    The Mullet is power distilled to pure perfection.

Thread Information