Lictor size

endikux

Lictor size

Is this ever going to be addressed? Aside from any stats issue the lictor needs a serious look at his physical dimensions. He moves like he is a tank, gets easily trapped, takes a long time to get into melee as he tries to situate himself properly. No other hero has his odd behavior when it comes to simple physical dimensions.

If the lictor was a proper unit size and behaved more correctly then maybe his stats could be looked at more in a far better light.

Everyone must notice that of all heroes only the lictor has these physical problems with pathing, getting trapped, etc.

Moving this to the general discussion.
    Last.fm
    I'm talking about vibes dude! - Octopus Rex
    This is chess, not checkers.

The Warboss and Hive Tyrant seem to suffer worse from pathing issues, IMO.

I think the Warlock is the only medium-sized hero, which means rockets and stuff hit him a lot more often.
    MILK FOR THE KHOOOORNEEE FLAKESSS!!! LET THE CEREAL DROWN IN IT!!
    Why are we out here, when we could be in the thick of BREAKFAST!! MILK, I ache for the taste of MILK!
    COME, my minions, let us steal their SPOOOOOONS!
    Can you taste the sugar tooooo?!

Well the lictor moves like a 4 wheel war truckk, walks on 4 eerr 2 leggs and 2 gaint sycth, its bound to have movement problems. However he moves pretty good compared to HT.(whom can not run up and simply strike people but run up and dance for them instead)
    No qaurter back men, only forward or we will hold this line forever!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Row Row Row Fight the Powha

I'll always wonder why the hell the Lictor even walks like that, i never. EVER. Pictured it to walk on his 4... limbs, besides, isn't the Lictor supossed to be lighting fast for it's size? Maybe i'm alone here, but what possesed Relic to give the Lictor such an akward movement animation?

I agree with Shuma.. Seems a very strange way for him to walk.. Hardly leaves talons free for attacks either..

Yap Shuma, right, In lexium and wiki it described lictory being very fast and agile. hmm i guess he tired right now guys ;p

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    Always scratched my head at the Lictor's movement as well. Scything Talons are ill suited for assisting in movement over terrain. I've always pictured Lictors moving fast and low to ground with their scything talons folded back, ready to flick out out and slash / impale the Lictor's prey.

What's that quote from the Tyranid Codex....oh yes!

"Nothing that large should be able to move like that."

endikux
    Considering his role it doesn't make much sense. He is an ambushing assassin. If he must have such a low health pool that is understandable but being so slow and such an easy target makes for a rather poor assassin.

You can even see in the loading screen artwork for tyranids that the lictor in the picture doesn't seem like the one in game physically.

In TT they get twice the HP of say a Space Marine and are frightening CC combatants. In addition, they are Fearless - meaning they cannot be pinned and do not make morale checks - and can release a pheromone trail that allows Tyranid players to call in reserves / reinforcements more easily. This is on top of their ability to easily blend into surroundings, strike without warning - and vanish just as quickly, and render cover useless for prey through the use of Flesh Hooks.

Mind you they cost 5 times that of a Space Marine Tactical and being loners, they cannot be used to capture or hold objectives (which within DOW 2 would translate to being unable to capture points). Granted Lictors are difficult to use properly in TT due to their Deep Strike in area terrain requirement, but can be rather satisfying addition to a Tyranid army.

Imagine the Lictor in DOW 2 being something like that

I've always pictured Lictors moving fast and low to ground with their scything talons folded back, ready to flick out out and slash / impale the Lictor's prey.
    When its not using its talons for support it has to walk upright. Which looks silly, and not at all low to the ground or stealthy. Thus the low to the ground scything talons animation.

The Lictor has never looked like a stealthy critter, that's GWs fault. IIRC, all their models have it standing upright or rearing upright.
    Last edited by TheDeadlyShoe; 10th Jul 09 at 3:44 PM.
    Remember: you're a blogger. Pretense is your co-pilot.

I think it looks like he is tracking something?
    The PC will never get back to its true potential, because all the games are now cross platform and all this cross platform games get "consolfied"

When its not using its talons for support it has to walk upright. Which looks silly, and not at all low to the ground or stealthy. Thus the low to the ground scything talons animation.
    You do realize that it has a tail for balance and arms with clawed hands that it can use for support and climbing right?

I do agree that GW modelled the Lictor a bit oddly - there's an interesting conversion I saw on the web at one point that had the Lictor using the legs and hips from a warrior mini, giving it a lower profile and the feeling that it could really move fast and stealthy as well.

bendingunit_41z
    I always imagined the lictor models to be positioned as if it was just about to attack. With the talons raised above it's head ready to come down hard on it's prey.

Exactly

... and moving on all fours like a spider with the scythes tucked over it's back, silently moving through ground cover and trees and buildings, almost sticking flat to them... you know... acting at least a bit STEALTHY
    My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Akagi_Ryu/
    Ruined:FYI on the bug fixing front a Steam patch can be applied in a matter of hours, most of which involve making coffee, chatting about the latest season of Survivor and pressing the upload button.

Deadliest Bling
    I would love a lictor to pounce on a building and stay stationary waiting for prey.......and possible to shrink him a bit and he should have quick react talons that just pop out impaling his pray...

Thread Information