Anyone use the AC upgrade on Dreadnaughts?

Anyone use the AC upgrade on Dreadnaughts?

I seem to be using Dreadnaughts less and less these days as 90% of the time they basically go down after their first charge - if they even get that far. Has anyone been using them with their AC Upgrade? I am curious to know how that stands up to all the extra melee on the field.

The regular shooting is fairly mediocre, the Assault Barrage is money.

I do get the AC upgrade, but not right away; you need some other forms of AV before giving up the power fists high melee damage. Also, I find Emperor's Fist more helpful in early t2 when Marines are still struggling against enemy melee.

The real problem I see with the AC dread is the metagame; Predators do it better for cheaper.

Though nothing the predator does is as satisfying as a well placed AC barrage...Giblets!
    Remember: you're a blogger. Pretense is your co-pilot.

How are Dreadnaughts to get in and out of battle in the beta patch? I've used them but like i said they tend to be in, fight for a few seconds then die. IF im conservative with them, they just get picked off by AV. Basically vehicles frustrate me as I have posted previously - and this is with support.

I am wondering if building a dread and holding it back in repair friendly places whilst having a go at enemy infantry might work better if they're more responsive.

It works pretty great with the Techmarine, because you can pop the global repair in a jam. The AC dreadnaught is also by far the best walker against ranged AV, since it can hit and run with the barrage. The danger is the soft AV... it can't handle itself well against upgraded Banshees and the like.

Thread Information