Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Knight

Knight

This is my custom knights cross holder. I accomplished this with skinning the coat and some mixing. I really enjoyed this, so I just hoped I could share this with anyone who is interested, because I want to give something back to these forums. If there's anything wrong with the skin or some copyright issues, please pardon me, this is my first time releasing something, and I will remove this from download right away.

Knights Cross Holders Link (FIXED)
    http://www.filefront.com/14168405/Knight.rar

Luftwaffe Ground Forces Link (FIXED)
    http://www.filefront.com/14182567/Lu...d%20Forces.rar
    Last edited by Crimson; 2nd Aug 09 at 7:21 PM.

From the technical side you skin is okay, from the historical side it's fail: Organisation Todt was a construction unit for heavy fortifications like bunkers of the Atlantic wall and had brown uniforms.

But as being new to skinning, well done.

Can you see the Knights Cross from the other angle..
    or did you cover it up?

What do you mean by cover it up? Its not deformed on the other side if that's what you're asking.

YO id download this but can u make a Version with the Tankers Hat From the German Tiger ace campagin

I really like this, am using it now.

Also if you want to improve I think it would look cooler with the Tankers Hat and if they still had the actual Knights Cross round their neck.

Cheers

I actually have what you guys are talking about for as my Luftwaffe Ground Forces already. IMO, the tanker hats are second rate compared to the crusher hats, so that was why I put them as KCH. Here are the skins I currently use, some but not all of them are edited versions of other people's work, so I can only put up the Luftwaffe guys unless I get permission mainly from Halftrack, (but not excluding others), because the coat from the other skins is from his BotB mod. Currently my friend has a lot of spare time on his hands, so I am supplying him with my skins so he can make his CoH comic series.

And as compared to the best modders like Slayernecht out there, unfortunately my skins aren't really shooting for 100% historical accuracy, so they might have some flaws historical-wise.

Here are the skins I am using. If anyone likes any specifics please post, so I can ask permission from the original skinner to release. If enough people are interested, I will just make a pack.

Panzer Elite (Luft pic included)

Werhmacht

In my house(duh) proudly Mexico,Mexico City
    Hi Crimson,those skins are cool,maybe you can make downloadable both,I think they are very cool and I mean both the PE and the Wehrmacht one.I already downloaded your first one and I have no problem thx a lot,needed something like that!!!

Whoah, those are some awesome models, Crimson.

I'm interested in downloading them.

That skin of the Guy wearing the Tanker hat for the PE can u make him replace the volks id be great full thats all i ever wanted my whle COH life... lmao Good Work

Hey, Justin. I've put my Luftwaffe Ground Forces up. If you want them to be your volksgrenadiers, just take the "luftwaffe.abp" file (the one that came from my post), rename it to "volksgrenadiers.abp", and put (then replace with your original volksgrenadier.abpp) it in your axis/soldiers folder.

will this work with the skin installer thats all i know to use ?

Darn ive tried to get it working i cant do u think u can link a version for the volks man sorry to be a Hastle but all i know is the skin installer xD
    Last edited by JustinFillion; 30th Jul 09 at 4:47 PM.

I have error his face is pink!

hmmm ok I'll double check when I have time
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Crimson; 30th Jul 09 at 6:31 PM.

Yeah I'm having it too, sorry forgot to mention it in my last post

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson
    Here are the skins I am using. If anyone likes any specifics please post, so I can ask permission from the original skinner to release. If enough people are interested, I will just make a pack.
    Is it possible for certain individuals who are interested in the pack to get a PM?

OK guys sorry about the KCH error. I have posted a fixed one. Hopefully it works, post about results please.

Hi Crimson,I didn't had time to check the fix yesterday,maybe today,I will post if I had any problems OK???

Also,could you upload the other skins too please(Wehrmacht & PE),I loved the SS coat soldiers,maybe you could make the SS decal more little.

EDIT:THX A LOT MATE!!!
    Last edited by Gamerisin; 1st Aug 09 at 3:03 PM.

Although not that 'historical', your whole skin pack looks really cool!

Due to I'm in a 2 years of ROK Army duty, I can't use them right now.

But I eagerly want to download them.
    Sorry for my bad English. ;)

Your skin pack looks good, i'd like to download it 2

Your SS helmet decals is way to big and so are the pionieer clothes mark. To bad I don't like unhistorical skins but nothing personal

Hey Crimson Can u upload the fix for the Luft Volks if u have it plz

jenkins48

am i doing something wrong?

currently im extracting the art folder into the data folder in the blitzkreig folder (im using it with blitz btw if that makes a diffrence)

any help would be appreciated cause this skin is awsome . Maybe a step by step turorial?

P.S i have searched on how to install skins but i had no sucsess finding a decent one.

P.P.S Or could someone just tell me how to install skins manualy without blitzkreig? (vanilla coh)
    Last edited by jenkins48; 14th Aug 09 at 10:29 AM.

I had similar problems,also installed them in the Blitzkrieg mod,I think the only ones I got working were the Officer(wich is very cool)and the Luftwaffe one.

jenkins48
    oh, ok thx for ur reply

EDIT: i got the knights working, does that mean theres a problem with the lufftwaffale?
    Last edited by jenkins48; 14th Aug 09 at 11:51 AM.

no,the knight and the luftwaffe should work fine,it works fine with me!!!

Hello Crimson!! can you give me the link where I can download the skin for soldier that using SS helmet and wearing grey coat on that panzer elite soldier picture ? .thanks..

Are these fixed yet?

Link broken, can you reupload your skins. preferbly the knights skin, as thats the one i want.

Anyway to get these skins? I really like them, any chance for a reupload?

Imperial Guard

I think it would be awesome to make the KCH look somewhat like that one guy from the avatar that is avaiable here at relicnews:

I'm a noob to modding and skinning... I'll might try it, but I don't know if I can really get it done! ^^

P.S.: Reup of your Skins would be great!

OK, I think its time I tried to contribute to the CoH modding community in some way, and since some people are showing interest, I'll try to make that black coated KCH.

I couldn't re-upload my shit, because my current vCoH skins are totally different right now.

If anyone really likes any of the content shown, I can try to take them out separately from my skinpack, and put them up for download. If the skins were edits, I'd have to ask permission from the original author first, like with Spaulick's PGs for example.

33. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #33
    The various infantry with short sleeves are pretty nice. Volksgrenadier, Grenadier (PGren/Panzergrenadier mix?), MG Gunner (PGren/Wehrmacht mix?), and the Medic. I would very much appreciate it if you would upload them as a package with a readme/credits list listing those who have modified work included (with permission sought from them first, of course). A detailed credits list listing who's work was used for what skins is pretty important these days, so us modders can also properly seek permission and credit them in our mods.

i really like these skins, they are a very good original interpretation of german soldiers. and im all for a skinpack though it would be good if the skins could be named and simple to tell which skin is what amongst the pack.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what its done for you lately"

Links are down! Plz reupload...

Wow! Very nice skins! Especially the rolled up sleeves are great! I would much appreciate it if you would upload them as a pack!

yes please fix the links. though on a slight related note you people should have noticed this new sopa act thats taking the freedom of file uploades from the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFkEU...eature=related
    Last edited by Questioneer; 19th Jan 12 at 7:19 PM.

yeah its a shame.. so pleaaaaaase upload the skins as fast as possible :P.... joke, but seriously these skins are damn awesome crimson. would love to see them alive

I think it would be awesome to make the KCH look somewhat like that one guy from the avatar that is avaiable here at relicnews:

Spoiler

@House-Bro - This would actually be doable given the current models/textures, only thing that would need to be textured is a black leather Voss coat, and a waist dagger model/texture. Otherwise it can be done.

I've finally got model-mixing figured out completely for the most part, here are a few attempts by me for Knight's Cross holders:
    Front:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Textures by Halftrack and Spaulick. I mixed up to 7 different models in some to get all the accessories, so not really recommended for normal matches =p

@Crimson - What model did you use to get the rolled-up sleeves? Those are nice.

These look awesome!

@ Crasius

I alpha-ed out part of the Volks uniform sleeve and I used the sapper forearm part from Aidas's Afrika Korps mod.

Do you mind sharing those model mixes too? The equipment mixes that go with the coat seem superior to the ones I use on my coated grenadiers, which are from Halftrack's BotB mod.

Also, I've been trying to add the chest pouch from the US Rangers to my coat grenadiers to make them look like this:

But still no avail. I'm wondering if you know a way?
    Last edited by Crimson; 23rd Jan 12 at 12:50 PM.

42. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #42
    I really do wonder how their equipment is attached to their body though, Crasius.

43. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #43
    Magnets.

44. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #44
    <3 Gorb

@Crimson - You mean share what models I mixed from? Just tell me what specific stuff you'd like to know and I'll tell you where it came from; if you want me to send you some of the .rgo and .rgm files I can do that too maybe. My method of modding is basically the same as eliw00d's model mixing tutorial, but I also hex-edit mesh names so that I can avoid certain display bugs. Also, hex editing allows me to display only the exact meshes I want within a model. As far as the ranger bag, yep it can definitely be made so only the bag from that model will display. It could also be linked to the same mg gunner state on the gren model that displays the ammo belts. Tell me what method you're using and what bugs it's giving you and I can probably help you out. I can also send you an edited ranger .rgo file if you're still having trouble

@Celéstial - Hah, yeah there should be some criss-crossing shoulder straps over the coat to hold them in place, I can't actually texture anything though; my skills in photoshop amount to glorified copy/paste =p

Tried to qoute House-Bro picture but didn't know how.

Crasius, if you develop something like that, YOU'D BE GOD!!

@ledecadent - I can't model or texture anything myself really. If someone made a nice looking black leather Voss coat, and modeled the waist dagger, I could probably get it all together

Sorry Crasius, I took you for the OP. Anyway, would be nice if you manage to do so.

What about you, Crimson?

@ ledecadent and Crasius:
    I think the dagger isnt that important... Just texturing the coat and the rest...
    I tried to do it, but i think I'm too dumb/ I don't have the skills to do it! Would be nice if one of the Überskillers would make that skin, so it would look decent!

Thease skins a freaking awesome Crimson! Good Work and i hope to see a final release of everything soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information