Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1272

COH New Models. British Models Package!![24/01/10]

Progress in SAS jeep = 0. Have a lot to do finishing the uv map in the Crusaders, which I finish yesterday.

I had a discussion about this some time ago with Sturmhaubitze and with Slayerknech. Certainly I don't know if this one had recoil or not. I didn't add one cos in that time I was so stupid to add recoil. But in fact I use Hetzer gun as reference and it lacks recoil too......
    I wasn't sure back then, but the PaK39 is essentially a KwK40/StuK40 with only slight changes to accommodate a different vehicle mount. The gun itself, and how it operates, was mostly the same aside from an improved recoil mechanism (So a muzzle brake wasn't needed). So with that in mind, it should recoil like the StuG IV and Panzer IV H guns do. The fact that the vCoH Hetzer doesn't have recoil is probably a mistake on Relic's part, as a misinterpretation of the 'improved recoil mechanism' addition. Doesn't mean the gun didn't recoil, only that it was more manageable and didn't need the muzzle brake.

um, about the churchill and cromwell 95mm howitzer, is it supposed to look like this?

maybe i did something wrong?

The fact that the vCoH Hetzer doesn't have recoil is probably a mistake on Relic's part, as a misinterpretation of the 'improved recoil mechanism' addition. Doesn't mean the gun didn't recoil, only that it was more manageable and didn't need the muzzle brake.
    Well the crews of the hetzers would sometimes remove the recoil mechanism in order to make room in the rather cramped interior, though it meant that the chassis had to take the force of the recoil. so i guess its not too unhistorical
    A jagdpanther has a litter of 33 hetzers. 17 hetzers are eaten by at guns. What percentage of hetzers were blown to bits by at guns?

Turn up your settings, some1 had the same problem with N44's 105 Sherman, turning up settigns helped

Is it because these custom models are not made with DataArtLow or something?

If you copy the complete archive content, then you doesn't have this issue. I think you saved some things not in the correct pathes or you misses some parts.

Turn up your settings, some1 had the same problem with N44's 105 Sherman, turning up settigns helped
    ah, that was the problem, thanks for the help

DataArtLow or something?
    Probably, going to keep testing around this thing. I never use the dataArtLow but I guess is time to use it to avoid this king of problems...

Low - for low model detail
    High - for high model detail
    Data - for Mod studio recognition and medium

I have some suggestions for equipment:

Grenades (Commando Ones)
    Bullet Belts (MG Gunner Ones)
    Face Bandana (Sappers)
    Repair Backpack (Sappers)

Will the M36 get released?

Speaking of the M36, and I know this is a low priority request, but any chance of a proper M18?

I have made new skins in m-18 ,the existing relics model, for N44 , M-36 also will be include there but this is @halftracks model and belongs to BotB mod ,so it will be released from this mod.
    Priorities will set up in a wile ,after we reschedule our WIP with the exciting models , suddenly we have more models that we can handle !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by georider
    I have made new skins in m-18 ,the existing relics model, for N44 , M-36 also will be include there but this is @halftracks model and belongs to BotB mod ,so it will be released from this mod.
    Priorities will set up in a wile ,after we reschedule our WIP with the exciting models , suddenly we have more models that we can handle !!!!
    I'm pretty sure that the model itself is erroneous, so a skin would not fix the incorrect size of the model.

Yes but to create a model from scratch because the original is not so good , it to hell of a job , we are currently focus on new staff and the WIP.

Yes but to create a model from scratch because the original is not so good , it to hell of a job , we are currently focus on new staff and the WIP.
    Well, honestly, if there was a way to scale the model down a little bit...that's all that would be needed, really. But, otherwise, not a big deal. I was just curious if it was on your minds at all.

Now that you mentioned it we might have a look ,PM TD about what we need to achieved this but I think this will down lower in priorities . As you see we have several projects along with @loran so be passioned .

Now that you mentioned it we might have a look ,PM TD about what we need to achieved this but I think this will down lower in priorities . As you see we have several projects along with @loran so be passioned .
    This would be at the bottom of my list of priorities, too. I was just thinking way off in the future. I do that a lot.

And yeah, I can't wait to see loran's stuff in game, he's very passionate about his work!

We are egger too

Any1 thught about the M22 Locust?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by Akranadas; 22nd Jan 10 at 5:23 PM.

Photobucket is blocked at work, so I'm not sure if you are showing renders or actual images. I don't think they would be very useful, only 8 of them were sent in to combat, of which only 6 barely managed to survive the glider landings. The whole operation involving Locusts was a severe disaster and actually did more harm than good to the infantry they were trying to support.

But, that's just from my perspective. Maybe some mod would make use of them.

oh lol, then I guess not :P

I've tested the new british tanks, they are great. But I've noticed a strange thing. When I give my sappers the special repair upgrade and they repair the sherman V, it gets mute.

Any1 thught about the M22 Locust?
    I only see:

[x]
    [x]

so dunno if are renders or pics. anyway this:
    only 8 of them were sent in to combat,
    makes it a useless vehicles. I didn't know that....

Also @TigerTanker, that happen you more that one time? Sounds very weird, that may be a problem with your sapper repair but not with the vehicle.

To properly model an M22 Locust, you'd need to give it a random action that makes it breakdown if it travels over rough terrain, and another that just makes it breakdown even if it's sitting still. From what I've read, only one was in proper working order at the start of that operation, with the rest in various states of 'sort of works'. It wasn't a piece of rare cool equipment that didn't see enough action (Like some of the odd German stuff), it was just plain garbage.

Any chance you guys will revisit the Jagdpanzer IV/48 and add schuerzen?

Any chance you guys will revisit the Jagdpanzer IV/48 and add schuerzen?
    Halftrack is preparing its jagpanzer L/70(the one in BotB) to get animations, also I ask him to make the L/48 version in the same vehicle(he kindly agree btw). So he probably its going to make a better model than mine, that means that my version will not be updated anymore. Models that will get an update are the Comet, Achiles(to use m10 skin at all) and probably a quick fix for the churchill/cromwell 95 mm to add a proper recoil(more fast).

Excellent news! Will the JPIV/48 and /70 have schuerzen?

29. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #1179
    The File-Upload.net link for the Brit tank pack is broken, does anyone have a mirror?

Edit: Works now.
    Last edited by Lethal Dosage; 22nd Jan 10 at 11:44 PM.

Any1 thought about a Valentine Archer Tank Destroyer?

Spoiler

655 Built, from 1943 till 1945, had 76.2 mm mm gun (17pdr), but low armor (15-60mm), also hada 303 Bren mg against infantry ( I think its in the back of the turret)

Production started in mid 1943 and the Archer began to be issued in October 1944, and saw combat in the Western Front and the Italian Campaign. By the end of the war, 655 of them had been produced. The Archer was classified as a self-propelled gun and as such was operated by the Royal Artillery (RA) rather than a Cavalry or British Tank Regiment. The 3in SP, Wolverine and related 17pdr SP. Achilles in British service was also operated by RA units.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 23rd Jan 10 at 1:43 AM.

31. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #1181
    Hmm, if you ask me I'd like to see the most wanted vehicles first.

Like what?

33. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #1183
    Wespe, Panzer III, Sd.Kfz. 251/22 Pakwagen and so on.

Wespe is being modeled by someone, Panzer 3 is done by EF, and Pkwagen is done to by Loran..

i would like to see the m22 locust just because i have a thing for airborne tanks

as it was used during the rhine crossing in 45, and as im a great believer in leave the germans alone they have enough stuff ill model an m22 for you, assuming no one else is doing it. as to if it gets ingame or not now thats another matter

The vehicles that was used in Normandy and must be created first so everyone can have a good and accurate mod, exciting mod etc etc. are:
    1. STUG III Ausf G ( the backbone of all German Armored Divisions, the Stug IV was used only by 17 SS and the Stug H by 1 and 2 SS)
    2. Panzer III as command vehicle and as elemend in 21st pz div.
    3. Wespe
    4. Grille
    5. Sdkf 251 variations
    6. Sdkf 234 variations
    7. the mobile artilery modifications with leH18 on a H-39 chasis
    8. jagdpanzers IV l/48 ( latter l/70 versions at BotB)
    9. Pack 40 AT gun
    and many more minor tanks and armors
    As for the Allied units the WIP is almost complete the new models ,I figured that Halftrack may done and include the Shermans variation in future versions of BotB like his M-36. Also some more vehicles may be done by others as I saw around
    I said it before and I'm going to reply for once more , they are excellent devs in these projects , @Celestial already know , that are trying to make new desires possible . If you ask I'm not one of those since my work as a self learner work is nothing compared with their work . From what I saw the last months in mods , individual works , old and new ones devs are willing to give to this community excellent projects. I wish good luck to all and every happiness to what they doing and what the give to YOU , I'm only asked Patience.
    For me My decision is taken by 99% I WILL QUIT after doing the unfinished WIP and i mean I will help TD and Loran but I must Quit , resends events heart me too much ,and I can't going through the same emotional again and again , So see You LADS and as I said Patience .
    PS when I said to quit I 'm not quiting only from here ,I'm quitting everything,and this nothing to do with this team or any other teams that I involved with.
    Last edited by georider; 23rd Jan 10 at 3:05 AM.

38. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #1188
    Very sad to hear this Geo, the community will feel a great loss when you leave.

@TD: I think it's because it uses American voices. I'll try editing it to the firefly's and will see what happens. Also, I've tried doing the same to your cromwell and it didn't have that problem.

@Geo: That's really sad indeed, but I can actually agree you.

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    Best of luck Geo - and thanks for all your hard work

As I said the quit will be future , the exciting projects will take a wile and I have my time to reconsider. Thanks you for your interest ,I appreciate it.

In my house(duh) proudly Mexico,Mexico City
    what?! damn...damn geo...we are gonna loose one of the most important/best skinner in the forums...first,Scruffy,then Widow...and...now you...well mate,is your decision and everyone here should respect it as I do...and as a CoH player and as your friend I'll support you on your decisions...so only thing to say....keep up the great work until you quit
    R.I.P.(Requiescat in pacem) loran korn & MrScruff
    Normandy 44:European Theater Team Member (s0uNds t3sTeR,fOrUmS Ass!stAnt,c0d¡ng c0nsUltaNt)

Understand that Geo is a VERY GOOD friend of mine, and I spoke with him about this this morning.

One of the driving factors behind his decision was the constant suggestions both in this thread and Lorans.

We understand your desire for new models and suggestions - it's a fairly new concept in CoH modding.

However....

We have a huge to do list. We have people who care about the history of the war creating these lists, and we have people that care about the game creating these lists. They are LONG - and they will be very useful. The process will take months to complete.

Please - I'm asking very nicely - allow us to finish what we have on our lists. I promise there will not be a single model that is not important. We have to prioritize and we have. Our to do list will be useful - I assure you. Just give us time to finish what we are doing.

Thanks
    RIP Loran Korn - a dear friend and as amazing a person as he was talented
    RIP MrScruff - you were a true friend and a true talent
    Normandy 44 : European Theater - Project Leader
    N44 ModDB Site
    N44 : ET Website - N44 XFire Community - N44 Guide
    CoH Mods - Waffen Mod
    Eastern Front - AI Coder/Asst Coder

Nobody is demanding these models of you, you are doing the work voluntarily and we are all very grateful for this. It may seem pressuring, to hear all these requests, but you also have to understand that custom models are still such a new thing for this community, so we are going bonkers for it.

But, there are so few of you, and so many vehicles out there to be made. Certain models will take priority, and others will have to wait. I'm sure we all understand that.

Don't take it personally when we suggest or request these, it's just a matter of excitement on our parts. If I were even half as talented as any of you, I would be making models to help; but I couldn't even figure out how to get all the viewports to show up in 3DS Max 8, so I am extremely grateful that our community has been blessed with such refined talent.

But, there are so few of you, and so many vehicles out there to be made. Certain models will take priority, and others will have to wait. I'm sure we all understand that.
    You are absolutely right . i did mot take anything personal your suggestions are right and I'm agree with most of them , the point is simple is on your statement . Besides as I have said in the past we must eliminate conflicts or double works. I.E we are not make US custom models because Halftrack already working in BotB , we are helping him and we also get them sooner or later after new BotB versions. The problem is on German faction because the variations are many and we must make priorities. What units do we need ?are these units fit in Western or Eastern front ? EF mod team will make the needed Armor. Is there something else that we missed ? etc etc .These are only some of my questions , we must do what we need in an order and believe me me and TD we already make these priorities . Loran's Current list is very good and we will make this one possible .
    I must thank in public TD and sweeten for their support ,nothing would be possible without TD work and sweeten suggestions and coding . Thank you both .
    Thanks Loran for his professional work I wish my work to be in the desire standards.

We do understand eli, and it is certainly nothing personal.

However, we really do have around 30 models on our to do list now. It's like if you are at work or school and have 30 difficult projects to do and the boss/teacher is asking/telling you what to do next.

Basically, in lamens terms, we are no where near ready to figure out what to do next. We are at least 6 or so months from getting done what we already know we are going to do.

Does that help clear it up some?

cool thanks DMZ

these are hard times for the forums and even more CoH skinning/modelling but as @geo and @sweeten posted,we must have things organized and in order to know wich things are priorities...as I always say to my friends here in México..."La paciencia es una virtud" wich is basically translated to "patience is a virtue"...so hold on guys...making a model takes time,then the animation I think is the hardest part...and then skin the new model

I think is the hardest part.
    All 3 parts are difficult but skinning from scratch is must more difficult than the other 2. Of course TD will tell you the opposite but one way or another all have their price.

let's say the 3 parts are damn hard as hell...wait..that didn't sounded right...let me try again....the 3 parts are very damn hard,there ya go..I think I already made my point here and everyone understands
    Last edited by Gamerisin; 23rd Jan 10 at 9:40 PM.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information