@Sweeten Well then why not simply remove the Cap entirely?
@Sweeten Well then why not simply remove the Cap entirely?
Check out my stream!: http://www.twitch.tv/myriax
"Torch Bearer" AKA Leader of European Theater: 1944 Modification (NEW THREAD)
yeah sweeten the light pionners are only limited to "defence" docs , so you prob dont need to add it to everyone , just the ones that need a bit of defensive buff to the game play
Proud member of :Normandy 44 : European Theaterhttp://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=233474
As Technical Advisor AKA : Crazy professor XD
Hey sweeten - never ever surrender! Gott beschütze dich!
1) Binos - that should be allright (switching it to what it was) - my last fought is that in the end the micromanagement will be some limitation on exploiting the recon unit.
2) I would agree with adding shitty pioneers to the HQ building (uncapable of taking points though) or to simply add 'doctrine' (irrespective of whether they have them in the given sub-sub) pioneers to the HQ. This is would be reality based - all in all in Normandy and in Bagration most of fights were around some dug in defence points. I really do not understand the idea of not having ability to lay mines (4-5 hexes is not that much but it can support your basic line of defence - strategic resource point) and sandbags - which works both ways It would not turn into stalmate Sweeten - I have tested it - eny tank or SPG or heavy mortar can really mess up your dug in troops. But you can lay some mines on the bridge (ability to put a demolition charge from the begining would be also welcomed) or VP or hughe resource point can be a big tactical gamble (it those cost ammo which is not in abudance at the start). If it works it will slow down your enemy a bit which might help you to take one step ahead of him. That's my point - the defences are not there to do the turtle tactic - they are there to help to preper for an assault
3) LOS - the ranges are not so good (well on small maps they are to large when on large maps they are absurdally short). Though nut to crack - I'm not happy to say this but this is unfortunatelly how it is with this mod - it is NOT ment for small maps... Honestly this was made for larger maps (medium and upwards) due to the scale and the historical accuracy. The small encounters on small maps should be entirely to infantry and light vehicles. I can understand the compatibility issues but it DOES works on anything with from GT8600 and CoreDuo and 4GB ram on medium maps with two players. I have tested it and never experienced any problemes (resolution 1366*768 all on medium with 2AA). On my laptop with Pentium t6100 4GB and GT420 it works on the same resolution with high details ans low effects on XXL maps and four players. Again I'm saying this just to point out the scale size. We are constatly tangled up in downgrading this to fit it to smallest of maps. It just ain't the right way in may opinion. But I'm only giving my opinion on this matter - you'll do as you please.
Keep up the great work and may the force be with ya
Check my IIWW art:
Having some trouble getting the original to work on my computer. I tried both the full installer and just the .rar file. Any ideas or steps?
How can one sign up to be a tester?
@InukShuk - By joining our Development team and having something to offer, of course.
Of course. I see. The only thing I could offer is skins and I think you have plenty of those. Do you know my skins? The Eli thread in the Armoury has some of my work.
@InukShuk - PM Sweeten, if we need some stuff skinned/textured, he'd probably be the one to talk to about it.
Well you were correct, The CTDs I was experiencing were because of my computer specs and bottle-necking. A few days back my CPU fan died, which in turn overheated my CPU and fried the motherboard & memory.
Good news is that I am purchasing a new parts today so I should be back up running better than ever. Specs as follows.
CPU: Core i5 2500K
MOBO: Asus Maximus
FAN: Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
DIMM: 8G(2x4G) Crucial Ballistix - Matched
PS: Coolermaster Silent M Pro 850W
All for just over six bills (I know a guy, who knows a guy )
These things just happen, and when they invariably do, you have to "Roll with the changes".
It will be nice to test this beast of a mod again, but with proper equipment.
Few more thoughts:.
1) Snipers are the biggest issue - they have the longest LOS and are mainly used to increas the LOS of other units which is totally not historical. I'd rather not have them at all in game or have them with the bino abilities (maybe 50% longer time for them) and defo I would limit them to 1 per game.
2) I played couple of games with the reco/spotters as reco or spotters (I did not uptaded the svn this week so I was sipmly not using them binos). And I must say some of the units are very very good. It is sometimes hard to do reco against the tanks sub-subs but still the units are cheap and quite good against normal infantry. The spotters in hiding can be of real help. But the artillery flares just give them up. I think this should be removed. Anyway on second barrage the player most probably will guess what is happening
3) The AI is really dumb if it gets the call-ins it will ONLY use them (case of 5 last games with AI - USA Recon and Armour and SS). I personally find it neither demanding neither fun to play against AI.
4) Tigherphobia pointed out to me that with high resources you may simply use the brute force of numbers against any tactis. Although I tend to disagree (you'll still need tactics) there is a problem with blobbing. Apart from AI doing it constatntly when you are getting a call-in in some cases there are more or less win buttons. Most SS sub-subs or Russina sub-subs (heavy on tanks) are like this. If you can amass 3000-4000 manpower (which is not that hard one-on-one on 4-players maps you can turn the game around with not so much of tactics but with numbers (no fuel or ammo needed). Many games played hardly any that ended with any side unable to take any of its call-in from the tree...
5) As for the pioneers - it's all about placing them in the first building. In 10 minutes you most probably will have them anyways and then you can build all the trenches, bunkers and do the turtle tactics if you want (especially with tanks sub-subs). So I think all Infantry subs shuld be able to build the pioneers from first building.
PS> I will not have much more time before my bar exam on 24th September. But I have promised to deliver the maps of each given sub-sub. Hopefully it will be finished before the November (It is quite a task).
Devastaded to hear this about your health, sweeten. My thoughts are with you right now. Hope you get better; I'm sure you will. We are all here to support you.
To tell you the truth I didnt actually tracked back in the thread and only found the post about sweeten's health.
I dont know what to say, I am literally speechless.
I will pray for you Sweeten, dont give up.
I feel so jealous when I see you guys discussing the Alpha like that, wish I was a tester... Anyway, is there a list of the upcoming docs/sub-docs somewhere?
just a question .
why you don't punt in the ATC capturage method? far more realistic and funny. I'm quite tired of making my man run for a flag. xD
@NoHant - Because it requires even more SCAR coding on ever map, and honestly is more tempermental.
what is scar coding?
i play botb on the map downloaded on internet and works whit all.
if there's something wrong, i didn't noticed.
@NoHant - SCAR Coding is the coding for the maps and missions themselves, if I remember correctly.
BotB recoded most of their maps, and to be honest the system itself is...rather stupid. One can simply send a small unit to the very, very edge of the sector and if there aren't enemies in it they automatically get it. There is no way to scale the sectors themselves without tampering with the maps, and that requires even more work, especially if we want to include custom maps.
Plus, factor in the amount of coding for all of this and how big the mod itself is.
Also, factor in the fact of how big the units are, and that the entire unit itself needs to be in the sector for it to work. Honestly, it's more trouble then it's worth right now.
Sorry to be a Mr.Negative, but it's the truth at this point in time.
I'm hoping to make a trailer for v2.0 but don't have the time to take all the in game footage on my own.
Can any members of the team that have the SVN please message me or reply to this post. Pending the number of men willing I'll have a basic list of doctrines/units and abilities posted here that can be signed up for individually.
So you can take footage of the units you enjoy to make it even less of a chore.
If each man films three items of the list each it would be a huge weight off my shoulders.
Thanks for reading!
Normandy '44: European Theater
Webführer, Historian, Public Relations & MODDB Leader
Ich hatt einen Kameraden - RIP Loran Korn & MrScruff
Get out of your game and into the action! WWII Historical Re-enactment Society
Deutsche Soldaten! Komm mit uns!
I found a bug and a fix for it.
The sdkfz_232 model (in art folder) is an sdkfz_231 in the Attribs. It has a 232_state which ads the cage and the front plow to it. If set 'on' the vehicle crashes the game when destroyed.
The fix is in OE. In Meshes add the plow and the cage manually to the model and delete the whole 232_state. Thats the buggy one. Then replace the rgo in the model's folder in Art. Now the vehicle has the cage and the plow (can even be set with a damage modifier because the plow is added frontal protection, but now the vehicle can be destroyed no problem. Hope this helps, or, anyone cares. lol
@InukShuk - I certainly care, I just don't have the ability to even go into the OE. It'd be lovely if you uploaded a hotfix.
@ inukshuk - we are only using the 231 "version" of the model which didn't have the cage and plow from all the pics I have seen. AKA we don't have a 232, which is the version with the plow and rails (radio FU version). So pretty much for the mod there is no reason to have the 232 state. I am assuming as long as the state is not turned on (which it is not anywhere in the ebps/sbps files in the mod) there is no crash? I did test it when I did it, but I wanted to make double sure.
The 232 version was pretty much just a 231 with antenna array, roll bar, etc... - it was the radio car and we are using the 223 as the radio car in the mod (as well as the 250 radio car version).
In our "scheme and design" and where it is used, by whom, and through research the 231 was the better option - the 232 was just the only model I could get from MoW, so I had to delete the roll bars - I know some had push bars, but most I saw did not.
Last edited by sweeten2213; 10th Sep 11 at 6:30 AM.
RIP Loran Korn - a dear friend and as amazing a person as he was talented
RIP MrScruff - you were a true friend and a true talent
Normandy 44 : European Theater - Project Leader
N44 ModDB Site
N44 : ET Website - N44 XFire Community - N44 Guide
CoH Mods - Waffen Mod
Eastern Front - AI Coder/Asst Coder
Glad to 'see' you sweeten! How are you doing?
With the fix , now you have a 232 in other words but I dont wanna push the issue - I was just saying.
I have a habit to check new models in OE and this was what i found thats all. Using the mod as is, the model works fine without the bars and the front plow.
I saw you have the Sexton in game but without the textures. Is that model uv mapped at all? I am also enquiring about the Chuchill Mark VII which is using the Mk. 4 model in game whereas it is animated. And UV mapped. I would be glad to skin those two!!! Do you have an imported model of the Mark VII for me in return? I have the max and the UV but I cant import it ingame as I would have to animate it which I cannot do. Provided you have the time at all...
@ Inuk -
The Sexton is not uv mapped, but obviously we are in dire need of having it skinned. Let me know if you can help with it - if you can help get it uv mapped and skinned, I can just plug in the stuff and animate it quickly (as long as the model parts don't change names and stuff - pretty much I don't want to reanimate it but I can re-attached the bones to the uv mapped model). Also, we only need the body skinned for that - we are using roo tracks which fit perfect.
I am using the IV model rather than the vii because I didn't expect to get it skinned. If you would like to skin it, feel free I will send you what you need as far as a max file or whatever you need, or if you can send a skin I can plug in the skin and import it - however you wish to work.
Just let me know what you may need for both in a PM and I will upload them and send you a link (or maybe just upload into svn)
Hey, I got a question.
I downloaded the V1.7 auto-installer from moddb.com and I installed it and created the shortcut and everything fine. However, when I get in the game there aren't any multiplayer games showing up. So either no one plays this game online or there's something wrong. I have CoH and CoH:OF both bought and downloaded via steam store. Both installed and cd keys used and I've gone into the game and played them both. So I don't know what the problem is. Maybe the N'44 mod is running on an old build of CoH or something. :/ It's probably my own stupidity but some help would be appreciated as I haven't seen any help on this problem on your site, moddb, and I havn't really checked thoroughly here. (Where it probably would be I know lol)
Are you running latest CoH patch?
2.602.0.199 is my current build I have installed for RelicCOH. So I believe that's the most recent one. I've been able to play EiR mod and BK mod online perfectly fine. I believe they are more up to date with the current build. So if you guys can play MP and I can't then maybe I should just reinstall it or something.
the only issue i have with mod is that its 100% dead online compared to blitz mod which even though is low numbered it allways has some people online which a shame as this a good mod.
hopefully when the latest update is finished the "buzz" will draw more people in
Same, it's so much better to play with people than comps, lol, but there isnt anyone online, it seems there's a few of us here though, if ya'll want to get together sometime and play id be happy to...my name on CoH is the same as on here
@Khannis - Probably about the same or abit worse as the current version, I'd say.
Here is a sneak preview of the Sexton. Very raw still but it gives you an idea.
@InukShuk - Well damn, What a Sexy looking beast that's going to be!
I am glad you like it. The finished product will be a class over this.
Next is the Churchill Mk. VII and the Lorraine Schlepper 10.5 cm. Coming up soon fellas. I hope you can slam them in the game Sweeten, right in the middle.
Here is a link to the finished product. I am sorry but I dont know how to upload it onto svn. I read a how to but I am a complete knobhead i guess.
I am asking everyone to leave this .rar alone, as it has no value to anyone. Its a .max file and texture maps for export in game.
This is the finished Sexton.
Last edited by inukshuk; 21st Sep 11 at 12:55 PM.
I had to redo the uv map but I am finished with the Churchill Mark VII. This is as final as it will ever get. I used an existing skin (I dont know who did it) modified it to fit the new Churchill and skinned the turret from scratch.
Hope you like it. tomorrow i will upload the .max and the map pack with all the textures.
Just do me a favor and don't use the svn - I try and avoid updating on my end to make sure I have a "clean" copy. You can use Eli's FTP or a regular upload.
I will get them in game as soon as time/health permits (which shouldn't be too long - maybe even by the end of the weekend)
I am sorry but I could not fix the beast with a name from Scot Guards 3rd Battalion. Everything is one sided on the Churchill or the UV map would not fit. That means one side would read backwards!
Here is the Churchill package
It contains the max (I had to edit it but I did not touch the groups or bones, markers, nothing. I had to turn one turret hatch over because it was upside down) a diffuse map and an edited normal map. The Churchill has no real glossiness or specular maps, just use the one Relic used. It does have an occlusion map but that will not fit right, so just use a plain occlusion of about 18% grey ('a little grey' -lol).
small bug , all the trucks / half trucks in the soviet tank / calv doc cant follow tanks (only infantry)
ps: Sweeten , when you have time can you add in the light builder unit (for basic defensive structures) we talked about last time to all the infantry based doc for testing ? i can test out if it helps the doc to survive better
I sure am looking forward to seeing those in-game. Great work there!
Good luck. As I just found out these models (and I am almost done with the LrS too !!!) dont have a wreck model.I sure am looking forward to seeing those in-game
I am asking you sweeten to release it with the Priest, Chruchill Mk. IV in game and the Geschutzwagen wrecks. They will do for now because I doubt DMz or anyone else will do three wrecks on a hurry. We all put some hard work into this, and I dont wanna see our work going down the drain either.
I mean who gives a rat when you have an ongoing battle what wrecks litter the map? Or for those who do care, well - dont use these puppies then !
Or just use the healthy mesh and I make a wreck texture for it. It is totally okay to use a healthy mesh, its Relic's trend to use these blown-into-pieces inaccurate models for wrecks, like if that happen often on the field of battle. The only thing against it the poly-count, these wrecks will have the poly of a healthy mesh. But I mean three -four of these will do on a map I think.
Last edited by inukshuk; 25th Sep 11 at 12:25 AM.
@InukShuk - Yeah, I think just using the wrecks of the default units is fine, honestly you've put in tons of work into these lovely things and it'd be a shame and a piss off for you if we didn't include them because of it. A Wreck is a wreck. Honestly, I highly doubt anyone would object.
Please can someone help i have downloaded your wonderful Mod, but cannot get the shortcut to work. I have windows 7 and have purchased all 3 games via steam. I currently have the game installed in the program (x86) folder. I have tried changing the path to point to that folder but it still will not work. Cheers for any help. If there is somewhere else that i should post please can you advise. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post. Cheers
go into your coh folder right click on reliccoh.exe and create shortcut, go into the shortcut properties and add -dev -nomovies -mod EuropeanTheater1944 to target after the "
In the Steam windows, Games menu, View Games Library, right click over Company of Heroes;
In the down pop menu, left click over Properties;
Left click in the bar Set Launch Options;
In the empty bar, write -dev -mod EuropeanTheater1944, and click OK(*).
That's all, now you can play the game with this mod.
To change the mod or remove it, do the same with the another mod name or delete -dev -mod EuropeanTheater1944 to play without mod.
(*) Respect the space bars.
Cheers Pajeu and Brandon much appreciated, it's sort of working but the objects aren't there such as the supply trucks,objectives, emplacements, and artillary pieces etc, in most cases just the shadows, can still capture the points though, just can't see them.
Sexton looks historically accurate....according to my drawings and pictures...i scratch built one in 1/35 scale many years ago for a museum in Ontario and one of the old fellows that used them told me i had it right down to the last nut and bolt......now if you could turn a bren carrier into a WASP....
Is there any chance to combat the dreaded 3 panther call in you could greatly reduce the strength chance of shot deflecting off the panther front, side or rear armour, jagdpanther etc.Im sure we all agree the crack 12SS division had incredible tanks and experienced crews. But that would not increase the armour of the tank? Another thing you speak of realism how many panthers used the AA mg on the commanders cupola? There is no way a commander would be using that weapon completely exposing himself to small arms fire while making an assault.
Love the mod and what you have created, but I feel the 17 pounder is underwhelming 2, 3 shots on a panther with no penetration, maybe adding apds rounds for the British tank crews would even the odds? The side armour on the german tanks is too good flanking an emplaced tiger and hitting the vulnerable side armour results in no penetration against the tiger,the mighty Michael Whitman was killed by a standard Sherman. Not the up gunned 76 hv from 450 yards in the side of his tiger. History denotes the side armour was weak on all tanks of ww2 please incorporate this into your mod
@Luque13 If I remember correctly, Armor values in CoH go as follows
So I think it actually counts the sides as the back.
I could be wrong, but still.
Also do you happen to have the current Alpha? Or are you running off of 1.7
If it's the latter, I'll do acouple of tests for you and see how these tanks fair.
You are correct about the armour values, the only difference between side and back is that on the former you won't get criticals IIRC.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)