Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

R.E.A.R.M. -alpha 0.0.3c

R.E.A.R.M. -alpha 0.0.3c

MODDB Homepage
    youtube

download 0.0.3c
    or
    download

-No ship is allowed to use (yet) -I don't want to see my ships appear in another mod before I even release mine.
    Last edited by Pouk; 23rd Apr 11 at 7:42 AM.

That's pretty freakin' awesome. Looking forward to this one!

Not a fan of the platforms though, it seems you weld different shapes of different ships with eachother to create new shapes, fun idea, but will you also keep in mind things to get balanced up?

Pouk (spider?), I think your ships are awesome and on par with the Homeworld@ ships. Just like MelvinVM I think that re-using parts of ships is a good idea (after all, look at today's designs in almost all areas, be it military or civilian).

I really hope you get the balance right and get the AI to work properly in MP (or even better create a single player campaign).

How did you guess what my nickname means? And you're right. Anyway, I've decided to use parts of an existing ships or just remake an existing ship, because it's how it works in a game already -all the VGR frigates or corvettes has pretty much the same aft section, so I thought there is no need to do some new. But I will make some original models later. I will think about the platforms, but they are not that overpowered, because vanilla platforms in HW2 are pretty weak. And yes, all of this is buildable by AI. I've set the antiships and ships values, so AI know exactly when to build them.

This is awesome! It's so cool to suddenly see a huge amount of new material you didn't even know was being worked on. I'm really into all the new Vaygr ships! People do so many Hiigaran ships around here, it's nice to see a bunch of new guns for the Vaygr once in a while.

Very VERY nice work for a "total beginner in modding", it seems you successfully managed to use your modeling talent in fully-implemented ingame ships - people able to do both modeling and importing ingame fully-functional ships with turrets and all are not that common you know .

The use of redundant parts is not something new in HW2 mods, but doing so it doesn't not look like an ugly assembly of spare parts is a bit harder, and it seems you managed that quite well. But 3 redundant parts for platforms may be a little too much, you'd better give those one up and create a new chassis in my opinion.

I particularly like the vaygr corvette, the two vaygr frigates and the corvette-shaped hiigaran fighter - actually all your military non-platforms ships , and your vgr frigate derelict is very nice looking too - most mods really lack ship-specific salvages.

EDIT : Are the defense platform always opened or there is a nice animation of them opening ?
    Last edited by MatthCoFreak; 17th Sep 09 at 8:41 AM.
    Lead developer of the Homeworld: Blue Planet TC.
    Member of The Apocalypse Project TC for Freespace 2.
    To all newbies : remember to use S110's clean data.
    Latest version of CFHodEd.

doci7: I actualy prefer Vaygr, so you'll definitely see much more of them.

MatthCoFreak: I will seriosly consider to rework all my platforms, but it can wait after beta release. Platforms were the very first thing I've managed to get into game, so they are little bit weaker, I know. And yes, defense platforms are of course animated.

everyone: thanks for a positive feedback!

I will say this: its great to see someone who makes new vaygr ships!!!!!!! and good ones at that! The ratio of custom hiigaran / vaygr ships is horribly in favor of the hiigarans. Good to see you're giving the vaygr some new toys......sharp and jagged ones

Quote Originally Posted by Pouk
    How did you guess what my nickname means?
    I speak a little Russian, so I kinda just assumed it. I'm a little surprised, though, as most Russians I ever met speak a terrible English.

heh, I'm not Russian, but my english is terrible anyway.

looking great !!!!

Nice dude, for some one who started, its really great! i wish i could help, but you've got it covered already HAHAHA i am actually being impatient for this mod...

Do you Remember Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Pouk
    heh, I'm not Russian, but my english is terrible anyway.
    To be honest, I would have taken you of an English native speaker who speaks Russian - which you probably are ^^. Seriously, where are you from, you little hairy eight-legged creature?

Pouk: I like these models and I look forward to your beta release! I am glad to see the Vaygr getting some serious attention. I also like the job you have done with the textures.

I am curious, there are a bunch of good model ideas by Eville Jedi in his Re-Hash mod that could do with updating (in the readme, he says the models are free for use as long as proper credit is given), would you mind PM'ing me and we can talk about some of the stuff?
    10% of life is what happens to you and 90% is what you DO about it

it seems you weld different shapes of different ships with eachother to create new shapes
    Thats the only way that Icreate my ships except that Pouk models his ship whereas I can only Rehod and Rescale different parts and entire ships to build mine.

I really like the Resource Controller because I had a design for a Vgr RC that 2 of them stacked.

Will your ship be available for use in community mods ?
    Can you take more screenshots of the ships and can I use them in my Ship Gallery that I'm creating ?

Excellent Work Pouk
    strange...as wonderfull as it may be,i'm still...up here... floating...and no one even seems to notice.

7upMan: I am Czech, you tall biped

gthompsn: Re-Hash mod?

adamstrange: I haven't thought about the ship availability for the others yet, but I can say that at least some of the ships or some number of them will be available and I will have to think about the rest.
    And you wanted some new screenshots, so here you have some damn ugly WIPs:

command frigate (still WIP)

HGN cloaked fighter (WIP)

Shape of a cloaked fighter should look like something between the old original cloaked fighter and HW2 interceptor, I hope you can see the slight resemblance.

Slightly changed assault frigate -5 turrets instead of 3

You can use any of this (and previous pics) in your ship gallery as you like, if you like.
    Last edited by Pouk; 17th Sep 09 at 5:00 PM.

Well if i may intrude on saying one thing... that fighter is gawd ugly... but i will be nice and let you have two ships, a cloaked fighter and a new Vaygr fighter that i made ages ago

here they are, they have been coded and hodded as to previous date, but this package was made ages ago, and you'll have to do one thing, just change the name of the Cloaked fighter, and replace its weapon seeing how you won't have it... just give me credit, if you use them.

http://www.filefront.com/14318635/fighter.rar/

quick picture of both..

hopefully these two models which i never used for anything else will be used someday.

I like that cloaked fighter actually, space fighters don't need a aerodynamic form.

i mean its nice, but well, i hope he uses one actually, it is ugly though i like the bottom of it the front bottom with the weird like pertrusion bumbs on it, but its the back that kills it for me, also the cloacked fighter looks a bit too extreme for hiigarans. i always thought hiigara was a little mellow on there designs, for the Vaygr i say a Shielded fighter is in order though, i have seen no mod with a Shielded fighter yet, or with a bubble effect. i've tried that but it looks like he's shitting out blue bubbles.

Ultraxwing: It's nice but it's ugly? Just say you don't like it, this kind of criticism is actualy very welcomed. It's the reason why I will rework my platforms for example. I had many concepts on a paper about the cloaked fighter and I couldn't realy find the shape. I didn't know, if to do horizontal or vertical orientation, so I've decided for this hybrid. When you think about it, it's like the HW1 cloaked fighter melted into the interceptor shape, that's the reason why I personally do like it and I am not planning to cancel it. But I will look at that back section again.

Shielded fighters are complete nuts, a frigate can barely mount a shield, a fighter barely holds a weapon.

The back looks odd yes, maybe just make it a fin and make some screenshots of other angles.
    Don't stop, this is going the right way, both for good looks and logical design.

While we're on the whole cloaked-fighter thing, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind showing it from other angles? If you don't want to show more because it's a WIP I understand, but I guess I just find it personally difficult to distinguish it's shape from that limited range of view.

This looks great to be honest, the back looks perfectly fine like this, the only real problem I see are the wings, thats all.

That's a pretty thorough look; thanks! I think it could work pretty well with a good texture job; it's thicker than I would go, but cloaking technology probably isn't very compact.

The cloaked fighter is awesome, people who doubt me I will say this: it grows on you very quickly, soon you'll love it!

the vaygr frigates have a "bump" on the bottom now, they would make actually make nice wings for frigates

Very nice indeed, the top cloaking "tower" would look nicer if a little rounder in my opinion. The whole fighter fits pretty well with Hiigaran design.

Okay it looks good actually, i just thought it was a big bump blocky bumb, actually its impressive, sorry i didn't get a good angle at first.

I think it's done:

and more angles:

cloked fighter

cloked fighter

cloked fighter

cloked fighter

Holy moly, thats good, are those... team colors? man i have been dying to make team colors,but my programs never go beyond 180 on the maps even though i need 255... not even GIMP and yet gimp was supposidly to be able to do it, so good job dude.

I am making all the textures in Photoshop and I have no problem with team colours and alpha channels for them. I am not sure I understand what do you mean by 180 and 255 -255 is maximum value of RGB, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

I use Gimp and I have absolutely no problem with team colors - check the somtaaw superacolyte in HWU if you don't believe me

Well in Moleman's tuturiol the Saturation has to be 255, mine only goes up to 180, i am using a program called Paint.net no its not windows paint, it operates just like Photoshop, but its free for us computer hobos out there.

Paint.net is awful beyond usable limits.

Looks even more awesome with textures :P nice work! I look forward to seeing your first release.

Funny thats the program i do my half assed texturing jobs with, but you are constantly telling me to make better models, my computer can't handle extreme 40k fighters cause to make a good look usually without a superior texturing job, you need to make up for in Geomotry, and my computer can't import into Homeworld 2 more than 20k. besides PAIN.NET is free, for us Hobo Computer people, you know people who can't afford jack, but abide by the law.

Google sumopaint.
    Also, hw2's interceptors aren't 40k but still look very good.

Hey MelvinVM and Ultraxwing, could you please squabble somewhere else ? Between here and the Scarwing Wars thread, it's becoming kinda annoying.

ummmmmmm.... okay, sure, so melvin any other suggestion but where else, how is it becoming annoying, wait your watching my nazi based mod!? LOL . just my last word on this whole subject, i swear when that first came onto MODDB i had over 30 PM'S saying i should go get hung for being Nazi... HAHAHA i thought it was funny cause idiots who weren't born then think they were being tortured. but in all honesty, i am done talking about stuff, i'll keep things to where they belong.. but Pouk, good job on this mod, its got really good potential.

keep up the good work Spider Virus...

Sumopaint is a great alternative to photoshop, free to use, yet its got the same powerful functions.

On the mod topic, it's looking good, I would advise you to not overdrag the gameplay too much like how the refinery now has 4 dropoff points, it should be more expensive, as well as its got a turret as far as I see?

As for the platforms, it would be lovely to have a larger variety, like light platforms, medium platforms and heavy platforms, just a suggestion but it widens hw2's gameplay.

MelvinVM: I am trying to balance it as much as I can, the 4 dropoff controller cost 1300 RUs at this moment, so when something is twice effective, it costs also almost twice the prize, or it has different drawbacks, as a low speed, less hitpoints etc. Plus, I will never make something more than 2 times effective (except things which are useless in HW2), for example: this 4 dropoff controller will never have double firepower. I am not trying to prioritize my new units, I want them to fit in there, not to rule the battlefield, don't worry. And light, medium and heavy platforms? I have some completely new heavy platforms/structures in my mind, I just don't know if I want to use them.

It's your call, these are just suggestions, balancing wouldn't be such a hard problem if you still let the modified ships have around the same firepower as loadout.

I can say this: I will be very open to any suggestion about balancing (cost, firepower...) after first release, because I still don't have any betatester for it.

Send it to me and I will test it.

You could release a alpha version, we are more than happy to help test it out.

OK, let's make a deal, give me a week and you'll get an alpha. I need to make some more models and finish some things first (unfinished models, there is almost no english text in a game for new units, almost no research for them, I don't know how to compile it back yet, just this sort of things).
    Last edited by Pouk; 20th Sep 09 at 4:10 AM.

I can help you with some of the research and with getting it back into a big file for release

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information