Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Company of Heroes Vietnam

Company of Heroes Vietnam

We know have a mod DB page:Mod DB page

Advertising Logo:

Well I have not started working on this, but i've seen no mod so far that takes the time to Vietnam. Angleic will do skins. here is a list of ideas I have for the mod:

* Replace Germans with vietnamise soldiers
    * Make Americans stronger
    * Custom maps
    * Custom menu
    * Vietnamise soldiers would be able to Hijack U.S vehicles

I'm gonna need some talent:

A list of all the people in the team. I will edit this if we get more people (I hope we do) so yeah. I'm looking for one more project leader, that can help me manage the people, and post news here.

Corsix Modding:
    LCC
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

Coding:
    Whitby
    J-Chase
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Modeling:
    DemoSS
    Capt.Wildstar
    Risley321
    ?
    Skinning:
    Angelic
    DemoSS

Leaders:
    LCC
    ?

Post here if you want to be part of this mod. YOU WILL BE CREDITED.
    Last edited by LCC; 2nd Mar 10 at 5:19 AM.

If I find time I would help modelling some stuff,
    but that would be later on,'cause atm I am busy with WWI.

from historical point of view this will be based as an infantry mod . which will be the disadvantages
    1. weapons ,you can use only m1 carabine or tompson but not for us troops only for ARV
    2. Vehicles, you can use only M-26 ( under circumstances) and jeep ,probably P-57 (as sky raider)
    Therefor you will need new 3d models ,new weapons , new Armor /Tanks/vehicle 3d and dont mention that there is none exist model in COH that you can use it for NVA troops or VC guerrillas.
    I wish you luck this is a very big project

But still its very cool i mean many people will be happy with eastern front can you imagne when they found out that there also a vietnam expansion

and geo i think there a alot of more weapons and tank ure thinking of
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Vietnam_War Tada new pick and implant
    When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
    Jean-Paul Sartre

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

I agree with Geo on this, even to add weapons and vehicle models not in exsistance, terrains/maps would have be totally re-imagined, since there is no jungle textures or ter Vietnam had very few set-piece battles most early on in the war.. lets not forget, how would you go about making a helicopter, since this was the main mode of transport for the US. I guess you can make extensive use of the eeselshreck donkey model, they can carry supplies for the vietcong/NVA..I have to honestly say it would be easier modding a "vietnam" mod for game like World in Conflict(excellent), I've always considered that game to play like a modern COH, and it has numerous airstrike abilities, where CoH has very few..Maybe to turn this around, scrap the Vietnam idea and make a "Pacific theatre" mod, when WWII was still going...Good Luck
    (Head Beta Tester, Asst. Historian, Forums Assistant, Coding Consultant)
    http://blacksandstudio.com/forum/index.php _BSS forum
    http://atlanticwallmilitaria.com/Nor...744/index.html -N44 website

Pacific mod is already in the making: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pacific-thunder

Yes I know this will be hard. We should make a page at moddb.

Maps will be a problem,you will need realistic looking asian enviroments,maybe the pacific mod and this one could help each ohter out with statics (if it will ever get to that point)

Also contact eastern front for ww2 russian weapons,they where used alot by the VC.

You can still use the american small arms fro ARVN and or US special forces,who prefered the older reliable weapon like m1 carabines,thompsons garands and bars,the Colt 1911 was still used for roles that required a side arm (offiers,crewmen)

The jeep can be used as an mutt,the mortar is still usable and like meantioned already the p47 as an a1 skyraider,i wish i was better at moddeling and i would help,but my knowledge is too limited right now.

More suggestions
    Make 2 factions right now,north vietnam and the allied.
    North vietnam can be made out of NVA (north vietnamese army) and the VC (vietcong),minor army's in this faction could be pathet lao (communist movement in Laos) and the khem rouge (red khmer) to expand the conflict a bit,this could all be squeezed in one faction with doctrines.

The allied army should consist of mainly the US and the ARVN (army of the republic of vietnam,aka south vietnam)
    In addition to this ther ecould be minor faction that supported the allied in southeast asia,this could be:
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Kingdom of laos.

The mod should have napalm,and more importantly huey's,the biggest problem might be balance,because most of the conflict was assymetrical.

Hope you can use the info

If you're still considering your options, how about a Korean War mod? Much of the equipment would be the same as vanilla CoH for South Korea/UN forces, with the North Koreans/China using Soviet WW2 era equipment (Eastern Front mod?).

The Korean War was a massive conflict that seems to be overlooked nowadays. It would be a much better setting for a CoH mod than Vietnam I think, with proper set-piece battles involving masses of regular troops, armour and artillery. Also you'd be looking at mountainous, often snowy battlefields rather than jungle. The inclusion of Pershings in vanilla CoH seems to cry out for a Korean War mod!

If you're still considering your options, how about a Korean War mod? Much of the equipment would be the same as vanilla CoH for South Korea/UN forces, with the North Koreans/China using Soviet WW2 era equipment (Eastern Front mod?).

The Korean War was a massive conflict that seems to be overlooked nowadays. It would be a much better setting for a CoH mod than Vietnam I think, with proper set-piece battles involving masses of regular troops, armour and artillery. Also you'd be looking at mountainous, often snowy battlefields rather than jungle. The inclusion of Pershings in vanilla CoH seems to cry out for a Korean War mod!
    @Pierre70 opinion sounds much more interesting , with a small issue. You must first have the Prussian models for Tanks / armor, helmets /pilotka etc etc. Since this work will making from 0 (scratch) I don't know if anyone from EF will let you use these, but I question doesn't cost money right !!!
    In a case like Korean MOD I will be the first to Sing up .

It's up to the EF artists to make their work available for use but that's probably after EF release. I think the EF art crew won't have a problem with it...so you might as well start work on it cause it won't be long now

Remind me again why I need EF skins. I'm sticking with the concept of vietnam. I would start as soon as possible, but I need models, art. SO I have to wait for someone to tell me their in.

I wouldent mind to help a bit, but not if its going to die anyways.

All I need is some people to help me make this mod.

Okay Capt.Wildstar is modeling.

ah damn, I had was going to make one after pacific. oh well :P

That Gun is looking awesome, but remember to keep the model under 600 faces(limit for hand weapons). There are a lot of details that can be made with normal map editing, example the stripes in the clip can be made with skin etc, etc. Anyway good luck with this.

Well the high poly is just for reference of what i can do, the low poly one is only about 200 polies so 500 tris. They completely to separate models that i did, the top 2 being for the mod and the bottom so i can show some of my high detail work

The high poly weapon with bayonet looks great, good job on all the weapons by the way

Remind me again why I need EF skins. I'm sticking with the concept of vietnam. I would start as soon as possible, but I need models, art. SO I have to wait for someone to tell me their in.
    I'm suggesting EF skins/models if you are planing to use these for a Korean Mod not for Vietnam mod .
    To accomplish such a mod you need 3d devs for armor ,helmets ,guns etc etc ,It won't be easy , But Good Luck!

thanks Sirpsychoj

I'm Vietnamese, i think we need 3 force ;
    1. America 's Army VS 3. North Vietnam
    2. South Vietnam

No If such happens you need 2 basic US/ARVA vs NVA/VC or in a big mod structure 4 US ,NVA/VC, ARNV and France Forces . MOd from 1950-1973 , I know it's silly

M16 looks great.

Hi,

Very good concept for a mod.

I agree with Georider - mod from the French Indo-China period to the fall of South Vietnam - 1950 to 1973. Great idea.

Best wishes

sunray

28. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #28
    Well at least if you include the French in you'll be able to add some of the US WW2 equipment in like Jeeps, and M3 Halftracks that are already in the game. Likewise if the EF mod does share after their release, you could include some T-34 variants and Russia and China did gift some T-34s to the North during the conflict. Likewise can be said small arms, the North recieved a lot of WW2 surplus Russian weapons, mostly through China, so in addition to the AK-47 and AKM, Mosin Nagants, the PPS43 and PPSh41, and DP28's can be used too, simplifying the number of new models you'll have to make/rely on.

Please make a Hue map best of luck

Im presently working on some Guard Towers for my Band of Brothers mod, Im sure they would suit Vietnam nicely, still need to finish some small details, re-adding the flag again, an animated spotlight model for light, and I'm still deciding if I want to add an mg upgrade to it as well. Then a skin, and finally a build animation and destroyed animation. Sounds like a list but dont be too put off by that, as its not as bad as it sounds. But i"m sure through some form of agreement I'd like to see my model in other mods. Heres a cpl of pics on a test map.

To continue the thought of the period ,I agree with Ld about the using equipment, Also it is easy to use the existing paratooper models from us and GB with model mix to achieved the France paras ( colonial ,Foreign legion etc) the most of the equipment of France forces in Indochina at 46-54 was US , early para suits was the GB denilson smoke etc etc. For the most moder approach 65-73 the existing models can provide with some of the equipments and uniforms , the only modify that someone have to make is the nrm ,spec,glos,ocl in the US troop model or even can use the volks torso in the way than Normandy mod using it for 44 type uniform from Rangers. Ideas always exists , the problem is some of the base materials , and who big will this be , I thing that if Relic provide us with the new Scar utilities , some working OE and with a good knowledge of 3d programs many new mods and ideas will complete about the conflicts during the Cold War period.

Hey sirpsychoj, How are those towers going for you? I see you managed the markers for garrisons, have you properly added animations for building it and death? Have you tested anything else which I didn't give you, in other words have you found out anything else like building bridges across them?

Thank you all for contributing to this mod (This may go faster than expected) I'm not sure if I'll take North-Vietnam or South-Vietnam.

Capt.Wildstar@
    Would it be possible to make a bayonet for the low poly one?

sirpsychoj@ Awesome, they would fit nicely.

Bump, come guys, we need models and maps.

35. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #35
    @sirpsychoj: I really love the watch tower man! I hope you will allow me to use it.

Well just need a good skinner and animator. I love it too, think its GREAT!!
    "SHIT!" "Watch your language soldier!" "It's not language! It's shit! Literally..."
    Life's a bitch... and then you die... so deal with it! Any questions?
    "I went outside once... the graphics were alright, but the gameplay sucked!"

I bet that if you could get someone to merge a m1 garand and a m1 carbine you could get a nice m14

theres already an m14 model that has been made for the zombie mod
    "Float like a butterfly... Sting like a bee"
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...2010#post40872
    Zombie Mod Facebook grou.

ah, okey. I was just trying to help

Updated with logo

when will the release of the mod ....?

looking great

43. Space Marine Senior Member Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #43
    Read the new rules guys. 'When will this be released' posts are not going to be tolerated much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouk
    I'm not looking for what might happen after the Bowkers come to see this thread...
    A Lannister always pays his debt

I like your logo alot! Where did you get that pic?

@sgt.davis:http://www.picalls.com/data/media/3/...ock-Nam_67.jpg

What do you guys think of a fictional vietnam (not future, still based in same time of vietnam) I would just have fictional battles, and it would give the people working on the mod, more freedom.

I think your correct in saying it will give more freedom to the mod team without taking anything non-fictional away. It can only make it better if done correctly IMO. I often hit the same barrier in another mod, theres a fine line between playing from scripts from history and using that in an entertaining enviroment inside a game. No disrespect to the Fallen soldiers, but some statistics are a hinderance in a game enviroment such as this and affect gameplay too much and so should remain in the History pages.

I totally agree. For the same reason I chose a future environment and and ice age because then you can let your imagination run free(sort of).

Yeah, we may use events that really happended, but let them happen on diffrent locations etc.

What do you guys think our development team's name should be?

We know have a mod DB page:Mod DB page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information