Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wave 20 [spoilers]

Wave 20 [spoilers]

Finished up wave 20 a while ago and thought idé share a picture of the goodies, maxed settings =D

enjoy... oh and P.S i added a picture of my farseer... Because its awesome.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The unit movements were amazing and the

Spoiler

had an amazing fireball attack aswell, all the characteristics of

Spoiler

are there, and the animations are pretty much perfect along with the sounds...

Anyone else make it to 20? impressions?

(P.Sx2 games on ultra and high res, sorry about the poor quality images :S, dunno why they are)

I haven't, been stuck at Wave 16 because it's so fun when my Space Marine meets his doppleganger and they just sort of slap fight each other until I decide to quit.

"Blessed is the Mind too small for Doubt." - Chaplain

Wave 16, try to get a farseer on your team with confusion, and spam it onto the weakest commander, it gives you an easier fight and stops them from reviving allies when used.

Can't tell you how many times they went to revive...

Oh, I know what NEEDS to be done to beat 16. That doesn't mean I WANT or ENJOY doing it. Any team should be able to beat wave 20, much less 16, not like it is now where you need to spam confusion, globals and knockdowns while having as crappy a load out as you dare.

Remove their ability to revive, problem fixed.

I think the challenge is necessary, use the abilities each commander gets, you chose to double up on a commander, deal with the outcome.... i lost that round twice... doesn't mean i didnt enjoy it, we had all three commanders and they work well together and each depend on the other.

Too many people are uptight about the difficulty... Plus wave 20 is ment to be hard to get to purely because of the suprise, you cant expect this mode to be clocked in 10 minutes first time... no one would play it a second time thus making it useless?

A dragon's tooth in a mortal's hand, I kill, I maim, I rule the land!
    I wounder that now Chaos are in the standard game then players of "Chaos rising" can play against normal DoW2 players who don't have the expansion?

Nice shots, Voltron.

Still haven't managed to get past 16 because my key ability (the Warcry that causes mass retreat) doesn't work on Heroes.

I will admit, the Dopplegangers probably shouldn't be able to revive. It prolongs the battle to absurd levels and isn't "fun" when you have to kill the same guy 10 times.
    Semi-Retired

I've gotten to/past Wave 16 5 times now, and was only defeated once. None of those victories were marathon battles, either... just have to have a strategy :P
    DoW II - Saunders
    CoH - CommanderNewbie

Wave 16 isn't all that difficult. Just kill the weakest or most mobile doppleganger (Probably Mek). Use knockdowns/confusion, etc to take the next weakest/mobile off of the revive and kill them (probably Eldar). And then kill the marine while tanking him with yours.

yeah, i find wave 16 easy... i just am wondering if you can actually beat wave 20? or is it impossible... because i'm pretty sure i saw most of the commanders self reviving... and they would all teleport everywhere... was absolute chaos! (bad pun)

But yes, i'm almost at level 20 and i'm going to go for elite status and start over, gives you more points with your multiplier ;D

When one of the wave 16 is a solid marine capable of insta ressing his two team mates who are spamming Rok drops and eldritch storms, it gets hard to stop the ressing as it takes forever to kill him, and when you get close to kiling him, his team mate pops up and storms you so you cant finish him off lol
    Originally Posted by Worf
    You know, I would tell you lot to get a life. Except that would be quite some hypocrisy coming from a gaming board administrator.

Wave 16 isn't all that difficult. Just kill the weakest or most mobile doppleganger (Probably Mek). Use knockdowns/confusion, etc to take the next weakest/mobile off of the revive and kill them (probably Eldar). And then kill the marine while tanking him with yours.
    Because I love having the game dictate my squad and gear loadout just so I can beat it....uh...no.

Exactly TornadoADV, it defeats the whole friggin purpose of giving us all these different wargear decisions. The majority of the wargear is worthless to get past wave 16. Only a few select builds make it possible to progress.

If they removed the ability for them to revive it would make the experience much more enjoyable, and most builds possible.

Wave 16 isn't all that difficult. Just kill the weakest or most mobile doppleganger (Probably Mek)
    Come tell me that after you beat a Mek with Tuff Armor, Cybork parts, mega rumblah, Terror pole, health regen/heal choppa ect. Not to mention a SM captain decked out with crazy healing gear ect.

Some builds are impossible to beat.

Best part about Doppledangers is when you have 2/3 Megarumblahs on your team.

I had the joy of being a melee damage oriented Captain with the Jump Pack and the Revive accessory. The whole fight lasted 5 minutes and the percentage of non-rumble time was like 5%. The outcome was equally sad, they eventually caught all of us, and the Captain killed each of us in 3 hits.

My poor computer...

wave 19 is madness

edit: WAVE 20 IS MADNESS OH MY GAD IT BURNS!
    Last edited by zan1101; 15th Oct 09 at 11:00 PM.

So is wave 20 the highest wave you can go to and when you beat it you win the game?

Also what is the highest character level you can get to?

I have never gotten pass wave 11.

20, then you can opt to exchange all your levels for an XP bonus accessory and epeen size boost.

Wave 11 is the Stormboyz, right? It's fairly easy compared to wave 10, just have at least 2 heroes with mobility (Mekboy TP or Jump Pack), instruct them to go all over the place, and revive those who die if/when neccessary.

Farseer can group teleport downed teammates, which comes in handy when needing to revive in safety... just a handy tip.

Chaos lord's voice is Steve Blum, at least this MP one is.

you have a good ear my friend... i couldn't tell lol

20, then you can opt to exchange all your levels for an XP bonus accessory and epeen size boost.

Wave 11 is the Stormboyz, right? It's fairly easy compared to wave 10, just have at least 2 heroes with mobility (Mekboy TP or Jump Pack), instruct them to go all over the place, and revive those who die if/when neccessary.
    What is epeen size boost?

Yeah its the stormboyz. I find it quit hard because with the tactical marines they suck on melee and i use captain. With stormboyz i hate them more than banshees and thus they just bum rush my captain and i try to jump out or merciless strike but there are simply too many of them

epeen... E-Penis.

Elite status ladies and gents

(hope they dont mind their names are in)

wave 19 is madness

edit: WAVE 20 IS MADNESS OH MY GAD IT BURNS!
    ROFL! You made it then Zan?

GFWL: James hatesXbox

Edit: on topic, id love if anybody could link or make a video of wave 20.. seeing as when I finally do get there ill be far too busy running about concealed to notice the chaos.

Played an excellent game yesterday; me as Shooty Marine (I love the plasma gun) with +75 health, jump pack and the instant revive, a choppy mekboy with all the armour he could get and a mega-rumbla, and a level 1 (!) Farseer, the first time he'd played.

We got to Wave 19. How does I killed horde of Spesh Mehreens?

wow good work, you kill the space marines by constantly confusing and doing laps around, confuse the dreadnaughts and teleport after it...
    works well... but be careful when reviving, make sure u kill most of the units before attempting

Voltron, you have any tactics for me on wave 12 with the mass of shruiken platforms and 4 wraithlords?? I use a mekboy - big shoota, speshul tools, 'eavy armor, roks, sturdy bits and mega rumblah... it do pretty good but somehow end up gettin suppressed and wraithlords jump my ass

Cheers. The farseer went down like a sack of 'taters though, although we're hoping that once he has some more wargear he'll be a bit less squishy. The thing about that run was that we were very co-ordinated; all 3 of us on voice and we play together a lot anyway.

I'm liking that PlasmaGun though; one-shots most enemies and awesome against dreads/wraithlords/carnies and the hellfire grenades are awesome against groups of enemies. I combine it with the jump pack for extra kite-iness.

I passed level 12 with running around. You have to prevent them from meleeing you, so draw them away by running around while others take potshots at them. Or, you could hide in a corner and do a rok or storm, then teleport out when they get too close. (use a ave a taste to restore the seer's energy)
    "ALIEN BEANS!!!!"
    "The point is ours, NONE SHALL TAKE IT!!!"
    "You shall not die until I say so, Tyranid."
    "My face is my shield, my furry is my sword!" - Force Commander
    http://1d4chan.org/images/4/49/Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg - ANGRY MARINES FTW

Whats a good farseer load out for getting past wave 9 and 10. I rarely get past 9, but if we do, we get slaughtered by the tacs in wave 10. Its very frustrating.
    I've tried going melee orientated and then blasting them with eldritch storm, or going all spell and using confuse, bolt and conceal, but its not enough.
    "Terrain is said to be moderatley contoured with moisture, which I think is Tactical's way of saying precipces with waterfalls." - Hetman Bronzi

@RegsSearlon

I play with the farseer and you can easily get to 20 with 1 farseer + 2 meks or 2+ farseers. You just need the level 15 command slot item (mass confuse) and the group teleport rune. The meks have an item that can feed energy to any ally so basicly it´s just mass confuse + teleport (to one of the four spawning locations), if there are too many enemys just teleport away rinse and repeat (feels a lot like cheating).

the only problem is wave 16 (not if you have 3 farseers) and perhaps the warboss (i could not defeat him onetime because he was faster regenerating health then we could damage him.
    edit:
    wapons: pistol of the skyseer + witchbalde of isha
    armor: armor of eldanesh or armor of vaul
    runes: runes of vigor + runes of warding + runes of the warp
    command slot: sprirt stone of illusion

how to play:
    easy enemys: just run into them and lift them (wave 1-8)
    harder waves: wait with your teamates at one entrance and hold out /kill as many enemys as possible then use mass confuse and teleport your team to an other spawn location (behind the walls), now kill aproaching enemys ,mass confuse again, teleport out, rinse and repeat.

when your teammates die you can teleport next to their bodies and teleport out again their corpses will be teleported with you so can always savely ressurect.

i seldom fight myself i either buff my allies. usualy i am kiting / capping /killing targets of opportunity (like a cluster of units ready for airlift.
    Last edited by TESB; 16th Oct 09 at 7:29 AM.

Finally made it to 20. I was a marine sporting a plasma gun, jump pack, and Larraman's, we had another assault marine with the power axe, plasma pistol, and dreadnought pod, and a mekboy with a big shoota, teleport pack, and trophy rack. We'd be trying hard for a while and were pretty determined to at least consistently make it to 19. When we finally cracked that last dreadnought, we were thrilled. Then again, we knew what was ahead of us, so...
    At that point, I was just sort of expecting everyone to keel over of heart attacks and strokes after the introductory cutscene.

Then again, they might as well. What with the fact that they revive the doppelgangers and the warboss, lictor, and terminator, you're just plain fucked. No questions asked.
    I'm not complaining, though. It's an achievement just to make it past wave 18 and 19 (DREADNOUGHTS LOL), let alone keep your heart from stopping before that magical number 20 hits the screen.

I can already see what the Last Stand will be like when Chaos Rising finally comes out.
    You're pumped that you made it to wave 20 again and expect the terminator statue to fall over, then bam.
    A Baneblade busts through a wall and massacres everyone in a split second.

Either that or a titan steps on the arena, accompanied by a cartoon splat noise.
    What?

^ That would be so damn Monty Python xD

I do hope though that with the Chaos Rising exp pack we could get some new maps for Lasr Stand and... perhaps a chaos hero? ^^
    My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Akagi_Ryu/
    Ruined:FYI on the bug fixing front a Steam patch can be applied in a matter of hours, most of which involve making coffee, chatting about the latest season of Survivor and pressing the upload button.

Kite around a bit, get them all to gather then confuse the chaos lord or any other heavy tank like unit so that they attack him, hopefully. Then just nuke the shit out of their location, Storm, Roks, OB. Then... kite some more.

Guys my load out is mass confusion, confusion, mass teleport and a special pistol that gives me levitate with that tought armor that allows me to dodge supression.

A friend of myne just finish level 20
    MACROGOD
    Orangepulped
    Edit: Happycatchopsticks
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...56a41efb06.jpg
    Last edited by The Voltr0n; 16th Oct 09 at 4:23 PM.

Yeah, finally got to 20. (It's such a cool feeling when the cinematic plays)

Took so many screenshots...lol

I was the Captain and let me tell you, I've tanked quite a good deal getting up to 20 but I couldn't tank a Warboss, my "self", the LA and the Terminator. My buddy had the Chaos Lord by himself but me and my Dread got wiped pretty quick. Really need mass confuse for that.

wish i could get to 20, 19 is the furthest i made it and only once.

my GFWL is B4URaddish

Wave 20 is indeed MADNESS.

We had a Farseer with Group Teleport, and the Chaos Lord + the Clones TP'd directly on top of one of our players DURING THE CINEMATIC.

The Bloodletters are cool. They will be a pain if they TP like that during the campaign though. xD
    Last edited by TheDeadlyShoe; 16th Oct 09 at 9:17 PM.
    Remember: you're a blogger. Pretense is your co-pilot.

LOL. yeah I was the unlucky player, and had it not been for my dread sacrificing himself I would have died. I don't think either time we got to wave 20 we lasted for more than a minute.
    What do you do when there is a evil that you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil or do you remain steadfast and just, even if it means surrendering to evil?

How do you survive level 20? Has anybody managed to?

Also I saw alot of demons and heros when I got there, but no chaos marines, do they appear?

I believe that you must assassinate the Chaos Lord and you win. If that's not true, you pretty much have to butcher your clones before they rez the warboss, the lictor, and the terminator. Or you have to be VERY on the ball with Confuse and/or Taunt to stop your clones from rezzing.

Both are theoretically possible, but very difficult. Especially given that the players start outside the arena. It took my third run at level 20 before I even noticed that the Warboss/Lictor/Terminator didn't start revived.

Actually, the lictor, terminator and warboss all start at the place of their death in earlier waves, perhaps this can be used somehow?

Maybe we could gather them up in one point and then protect it from the clones?

ALSO: After killing any heroes during 20, do the other heroes try to ressurect them again? If so, that wave is total madness >_<

we did wave 20, yes that is right we beat chaos:

i did not die once:

kudos to my awesome teamates!

Curse you TESB for being awesome haha

Do you need to kill everything or just the Chaos Lord?
    Any strategies or ideas you'd care to share?

Also, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Akagi_Ryu
    Curse you TESB for being awesome haha

Do you need to kill everything or just the Chaos Lord?
    Any strategies or ideas you'd care to share?

Also, congrats
    I second that

I do NOT know how to beat the Chaos lord. I have enough trouble beating myself and my team mates let alone a chaos lord helping them with all the other commanders from previous waves joining in the fun to help chaos. Not to mention the Bloodletters (i THINK that's what they're called).

By the way, do you win when you eliminate all the enemy guys or do you just win when you kill the lord?

EDIT: I love everything about the Chaos Lord but what stood out for me was his voice. It falls under my top 10 favorite DoW voices. But unfortunately after i found that his voice was awesome i realise through concentrating on the voice i didn't really hear what he says when he first appears out of the terminator statue (its some thing "face the powers of chaos!" but i don't know).

I knew there was something fishy about that statue and why the bodies of me and the other clones weren't disappearing. I thought maybe just a game glitch. Oh, how not bothering to incinerate the bodies came back to haunt me.

Actually... if the only thing you need to kill is the Lord, then than wave just might not be that dificult afterall. I mean, it could be limited to clever use of conceal and confusion to make them kill each other... but now I'm marely theorycrafting.

i do not know if you just have to kill the lord we killed everything, the lord was last.
    it was basicly a bit of luck with massconfuse and constant mass teleport picking isolated heroes. the lord itself is rather weak.

the mek kept feeding me erngy with 'have a tase' and i always shielded allies that tanked. i seldom fought myself.

edit: the bloodletters stop spawning after a while so first hold out and kill them, then kill the heroes and last the chaos lord. without massconfusion and massteleport i don´t know if it is winable.
    Last edited by TESB; 17th Oct 09 at 1:29 PM.

But that's the thing. Even IF you only need to kill the Lord that STILL doesn't help me very much because its hard enough to kill him (for me), he's like tougher than the warboss. I'm not good enough to win

Im wondering about a plasma cannon, farseer (mass tele and mass confuse), and a sm tank build. Hmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information