Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Engine Trail MODs/Enhancements (Image HEAVY) Adv. WaterTrails RELEASED

Engine Trail MODs/Enhancements (Image HEAVY) Adv. WaterTrails RELEASED

Here are all the engine trails I have released currently.

WATER TRAILS

These are the newest released trail that gives all ships a waterfall/water like trail, similar to the alpha trails but, it works on ALL SHIPS, including missiles.
    Get it here

ALPHA TRAILS

This is a BETA version, it only changes the interceptor for the moment. However, this is a new kind of trail based on the style from the Pre-alpha version of Homeworld 2.
    Get it here

PLASMA TRAILS

These change the trails of all the ships to a glassy plasma look.
    Get it here

NO-TRAIL PATCH

This patch turns off all ship trails and leaves a afterburner look (I did not make this afterburner look it is encoded in the game) However, the trails seem to show them selfs minorly if you zoom far out, it shouldn't be a problem.

Get it here

DustWars/Homeworld 1 Trails
    This mod changes all the trails in the game, including missiles to a Homeworld 1 effect based off the DustWars trailers.

Get it here

Advanced Water Trails

This mod changes the interceptor trails to a new more advanced water trails effect.

Get it here

HOW TO INSTALL

Step 1: Unzip all contents of any of the packs into your homeworld2/data folder
    Step 2: Create a shortcut to the Homeworld 2 exe file located in Homeworld2/bin/release folder
    Step 3: Right click the shortcut and press properaties.
    Step 4: (This is a example, it should appear remotely like this) Rename the shortcut from
    "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe"
    To
    "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -overrideBigFile

Step 5: Its installed, now run Homeworld 2 using that shortcut

Comments and Suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Tefeari; 1st Sep 10 at 8:00 PM.

2. Child's Play Donor  #2
    Guilty. Of being in space! Captain Pierce's Avatar
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    They all look so good, I don't know where to start...

I demand pictures of the no-trail trail!

varis
    Are they freely usable and redistributable by other modders?

6. Child's Play Donor  #6
    Guilty. Of being in space! Captain Pierce's Avatar
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    I'm gonna have to say that the no-trail trail is my current favorite.

I rather like the plasma trail and the water trail, but the notrail has something to be said for it.

Does anyone else think that the water trails completely own the alpha ones?

Uranium - 235
    God I can't imagine how the notrail one would be possible without nlips
    Originally posted by varis
    Are they freely usable and redistributable by other modders?
    According to the readme he wants you to ask permission first, which makes me question what's the point of releasing them then, but... whatever, I guess it's his right.
    Last edited by Uranium - 235; 21st Jan 04 at 10:31 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, he's released them so you can download them and play around with them on your own computer.

Uranium - 235
    Oh oops, thought this was in the main tanis shipyards listing.

fearing
    they are all good but my favourite is notrail cause with it the game runs better on my not so new pc.

I just like knowing where my materials are going. So if you want to use it in a mod ask, pm me or something. Thats not asking much right?

I'm not going to hunt you down if you play around with the scripts or textures on your computer, just tell me if you want to release it.
    Last edited by Tefeari; 22nd Jan 04 at 2:07 PM.

omiwan
    I like the option they do look nice but not fps nice Thank you for this release

Coffeebean
    just a minor point from a guy who doesnt really know what hes doing....where do i put the rot files to get this to work? (the no trail one for example)
    cheers for any reply chaps

Just extract the zip into your homeworld2/data folder

Seb
    Hi everyone this is my first post.

Tefeari, I tried the Alpha trails, and they're simply amazing. They make watching battles so much better. Great job.

Are you planning to add engine trails to capital ships (like in the Dust Wars trailer)? Is it even possible? (I don't know anything about modding.)

It depends on the ship. Check out my thread in the Mods in Progress forum (Here http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...threadid=21201 ) For developmental screenshots and such.

I have some of capital ship trails in there. And I'm trying to get a carrier with trails released soon.

The Casualty
    Hey guys, the trails look great, I just can't decide! I really like the no-trails but as someone who plays with NLIPS off that's just inviting disaster

Any word on when the Alpha trails will be fully completed? I was thinking of using the Alpha's for my strike craft and frigates (is this possible?) and the water trails on all missiles.

Are you making the strike craft and frigates? If so, yes you could use them, you'd just have to talk to me first so I could tell you how to make the hardpoints support them (The hardpoints have to be a certain way for it to work). If you mean regular Homeworld 2 ships, the only other ship I can add the Alpha trails to right now is the Hig Assault/multigun Corvette (whatever it's called). I might release a new version of the alpha trails with that ship supported.

BigBonsai
    Originally posted by Tefeari
    Just extract the zip into your homeworld2/data folder
    I keep reading in here and it is really amazing what you guys develop here!

So I guess its my stupidity that doesn't make this mod run. I extracted the files into the data folder, but nothing will change. I should add that before this there was nothing but the Animatics-Folder and the known *.big files in the data directory.

Forgot to mention that no mod files (of whatever mod) I extract into the data folder will work. Got the german version, btw. But this isn't it, I guess.

What am I overlooking?

Guess I make a fool of myself now...

BiB
    Last edited by BigBonsai; 25th Jan 04 at 4:06 PM.

HOW TO INSTALL

Step 1: Unzip all contents of any of the packs into your homeworld2/data folder
    Step 2: Create a shortcut to the Homeworld 2 exe file located in Homeworld2/bin/release folder
    Step 3: Right click the shortcut and press properaties.
    Step 4: (This is a example, it should appear remotely like this) Rename the shortcut from
    "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe"
    To

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -overrideBigFile

Step 5: Its installed, now run Homeworld 2 using that shortcut

There, I took that from one of my readmes... Hope it helps
    I think you forgot the overridebigfile

BigBonsai
    Great shot! That was it! Thx a lot! :howdy:

BiB

Creator of PDS&NGCS Tel'Quessir's Avatar

Just one of my own, alpha Interceptor trails in PDS, of course

Coffeebean
    top stuff! got it working now and wow.....its so pretty! damn, good work!

The kids can call you HoJu! Homer Jr.'s Avatar
    "Top Stuff"? I've never heard that one before!

beginner
    Cna you do a japanese anime style missles trails? (unless the game already does it)

SlipStream
    'WOOT WOOT'

Itss finnaly done.

I will check em when I get the chance.

LOL angelfire=NO pic

wtf..? There are no Angelfile images posted on here.

Dpath2100
    In slipstream's sig...

Ok, lets keep on topic for now though.

SlipStream
    lol, thats mine is a link to my old website i never updated my profile here thats why its a dad link. I got a nouther website with them.

Anyways, I am haveing trouble getting the trail mods to work. can anyone help me. i have them in the right folder but when i go to reset the path in the folder i cant remember. It dosent work.

need help.

Did you do the overridebig command on your shortcut?

SlipStream
    Ok I need help here

I didnt get the chance to over ruide because I messed the shortcut thing up. Then i had to use goback and go back in time in my comp so i could restore it. it was faster than reinstalling the game.

Is there a possible self instaler for the mods ?

If i override anything i am sure i will do some unrepairable damage somewhere

For some reason the Installer in the RDN package doesn't work for me. So no, there is no installer, but, luckly, its not that hard. All you do is unzip that zip. Then make that shortcut. IF YOU MAKE IT A SHORTCUT, messing it up will do NO HARM to your game. O_o

Creator of PDS&NGCS Tel'Quessir's Avatar
    As stated in another thread, do you still need modified Frigate HODs to add engine trails to?

FlyingPenguin
    Tried out your trails, loved 'em. Quick question: Where can I find that 15 badge?

Thanks... Um.. I never released that 15 badge, I guess I could, I'll upload it to my server later. Its not quite perfect though, thats why I never released it.

Yea, Tel, I still have to get those modified frigates.

Homeworld 1/DustWars trails added.

hwmodder
    Is this a client patch? Wait, thats a bad choice of words. Is it a gameplay modification, i.e. in MP, do both people need it for the game not to synch?

If the texture is changed to a ROT it might not be needed on both sides, however, I am unsure. Though elsewise, yes both sides need it.

varis
    The water trails are my personal favourite. :-)

Is there any detailed knowledge on how these trails affect framerate?

All the trails but the Alpha and Adv. Water trails take pretty much the same cpusage as regular trails. The Alpha trails take about 33-50% more cpu.

Ardak
    I have thought that why there's engine trail mods. Well, now I know.

psykoticusmc

problems

I have tried the water trails mod and nothing. I followed the directions you posted and still nothing. Does this not afffect the coll, interceptors, and scouts or should it do it to all ships that have trails? Help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The Monkey

Help for pys

YOu put it in the right folder then you do -OverRidebigfile in shortcut.

The Monkey
    :monkey:

Dpath2100
    What he means is "-overrideBigFile"

The bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread explains how to install these mods. My modpackager isn't working on my computer and it isn't that hard to do.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information