Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Titanium Wars Mod. New view on Dark Crusade.

Somewhere on a feudal world. I.E England South West
    what do you mean with LOC Lord of Changes? and KOS u mean Keeper of Secrets?
    Yes to both.
    All is dust...

Oh Grorc you might want to re-upload your mod to somewhere else since Megaupload is no longer a viable option due to recent events.

DEATH TO THE CLOSERS OF MEGAUPLOAD
    It is a bird! It is a plane!
    NO!
    IT IS THE BANEBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!
    [Cit. Diomedes]

Ah nothin' GP told only that when i was writing the message were the 01.36 in the night, so i was tired, eheh, and i hope as u that will be made LOC and KOS, should be awesome!!! I wanna inside the game Soul Grinder and Skulltaker i luv tem! Guys could be possible put into the game them as units?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    .., and i hope as u that will be made LOC and KOS, should be awesome!!! I wanna inside the game Soul Grinder and Skulltaker i luv tem! Guys could be possible put into the game them as units?
    Yes, just need to find a free modeller, animator and texurer. Can you do any of this jobs to help GrOrk to add those units?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike_Power
    Oh Grorc you might want to re-upload your mod to somewhere else since Megaupload is no longer a viable option due to recent events.
    Yes, I see it. However I do not reload 11th version now. This old version can be found on some torrents if someone is needed with it now. New version 0.99.12 is almost completed and it will come soon.

...And some great surprise will come soon too...
    Last edited by GrOrc; 24th Jan 12 at 12:45 PM.
    >>> Titanium Wars Mod <<<

A great surprise eh? Is it a tap-dancing ork or a Space marine playing minute waltz in 45 seconds?

Looking foward.

Ver.0.99.12 essential update.

Great surprise will be not in this topic. Look around in near future...

----------
    ...while looking at this:

Version 012

- Eldar Titan Revenant was added. Thanks to old Craftworld team for good model and textures.
    Thanks to Thudmeizer as keeper of many interesting DoW 3D assets. Thanks to Andrei354 for base
    comlex animations (idle, move, jumping). Other animations, OE-code, AE-code from GrOrc. Thanks
    to MonkeyXXL for team colorable textures (fix and remade by GrOrc).
    - Max pop for Orks 250 now.
    - Jump ability added (and OE-coded) for Skull Probe.
    - Flag motion action was added for Techmarine.
    - Flayed Ones, Immortals, Pariahs receive health bonus from Disruption Field and Enhanced
    Disruption Field now. Corresponding visual effects were added for these units.
    - Fixed special attacks for 'Ard Nob Leader (OE- and AE-code).
    - All ordinary turrets (except Ork Waaagh Banners) have restriction 16 per HQ now.
    - Fixed some little bugs.
    - Some rebalance overpatching was made.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 25th Jan 12 at 1:29 PM.

I am wondering if you had any information on the following to matters as well: 1. Can the Titanium Wars mod be combined with the "new races mods"? Since the Titanium wars mod changes so many values, will it contradict with the other mods? 2. Do you know of anyone who could email me a live link (or the actual compressed files) to thedancemacabre alpha mod for DC (Harleguins mod) (in the same line, does the craftworld mod include the harlequin race?)?

Quote Originally Posted by GloryToTheFirst
    Can the Titanium Wars mod be combined with the "new races mods"? Since the Titanium wars mod changes so many values, will it contradict with the other mods?
    1. Technically easy to combine any DoW mods by editing module files. However, their adapting on the balance and general gameplay, it's actually making a new mod. Titanium Wars Mod (TWM) is not advisable to combine with any other mods, because Titanium Wars has a unique balance system and gameplay on the whole. Any new race from external mod will be imbalanced with any race from TWM. So it's recommended for players wait until the new races will be developed within the TWM framework. I'm constantly working on that direction. I have... something... in private... now...

2. Do not spam about another mods here, please.

Some screenshots form new version.

Some battle screenshots...

Titanium Wars Mod on Mod DB now:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/titanium-wars-mod

Vote for TWM there.

Yes, just need to find a free modeller, animator and texurer. Can you do any of this jobs to help GrOrk to add those units?
    Sorry but i'm not in these fields, i'm studying to become comic srtist if i can be useful in other ways, qrite me no problem

well done on the new version of the mod its kinda like what dc was meant to be after all but i find it quite hard on campagin even on easy i mean i havent tried on hard yet cos im worried that as a noob on dc ill get landslided the first step i take on there lol but still a good mod 10 outta 10 in my books
    I was once like you thriving on life, living large is what i used to say but now im a necron and all i can say is: I can never be bargained with, I won't see reason, I don't feel pity, or remorse nor do i feel fear and i will never stop until you, my human friends are dead

Awesome screenshots!!! waiting for new races !!

Emperor of Yu`Vath Count Bagatur's Avatar
    Great project, it is one of my favourite mods!
    My own mods for Dawn of War game

Red Necrontyre
    Genestealers Campaign
    Horus Heresy Operation Istvaan
    White Scars Mod
    DoW Rebalance
    Laurentian Hussars
    Dawn of Immolation
    DC Updated Campaign

co-author of:
    DoW Realism SS
    Perun Warhounds
    and a lot of other mods :)

also i was tester of Ultimate Apocalypse mod (in august 2011)

Tester and skinner of Codex Mod :)

This mod is awesome! Thank you, GrOrc, for not letting this great project be dead! Waiting for new races

I was wondering if the Blood Ravens stronghold mission is glitched or broken.. I have tried about 16 times with varying strategy no luck. Destroyed the reinforcement base objective but the reinforcements keep coming in large amounts. Huge waves that walk thru my 30 guard towers and troops. I never had problems before in different mods or vanilla. Maybe my strategy is bad.

Great Mod the best I have played on Dark Crusade. Keep up the great work.

What difficulty do you play on? I don't know if it's a glitch, but I can tell you for a fact that the SM stronghold is one of the hardest ones.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.

Thanks for responding Rytlock..
    I was using normal level but just switched to easy and heading straight for their stronghold to test the difference.
    Not joking, I was overwhelmed seeing up to 4 special land raiders along with hundreds of units pouring in. The reinforcement mission even after completed along with the temple moral mission never slowed down the Drop pods that were landing like rain. I tried to bottleneck them in different choke points and still was overwhelmed. They blew thru my titan and troops like butter. LOL
    thanks guys and I have been playing dc and ss since the beginning so kind of familiar with the engine. Again great mod.
    PS I even had 4 bases going at once to produce more towers did not help.
    bckh4

I remind all that TWM is a hardcore Mod. However, there are no critical problems in the campaign game for experienced players. Problems of playing skirmish determined by the size of map, game conditions, and the initial placement of players on the map.

Get pleasure from the complicated game.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock
    fact that the SM stronghold is one of the hardest ones.
    I tried to make the SM stronghold was one of the most difficult strongholds. However, I hear complaints about the Necrons stronghold much more...

Emperor of Yu`Vath Count Bagatur's Avatar
    Eldar Revenant Titan is the best

I hear complaints about the Necrons stronghold much more
    Really? I know it's hard, but it's far from the hardest. If you survive the Pylon and Deceiver charge, then you've basically won. Sure, it's a slow map (the necron end base is a god damn slaughterhouse) but I wouldn't call it hard. I recently played against the eldar stronghold with SM on hard, and damn is it hard... I thought that killing the chaos sorcerer would end the Chaos threat, but lo and behold, they starting spamming me with defilers and land raiders!

Great mod though.

Okay Guys, I tried my test as Tau on easy taking the Blood Ravens stronghold and had no problems at all, a cake walk. The space marines reinforcements stopped after taking the objective mission. The difference from easy to normal is a completely different stronghold mission. When I switched to normal level and tried again, the pods started pouring down again like rain. Very strange, anyone attempt a quick attack of the ravens stronghold with tau on normal please reply. Maybe my combination is flawed along with my strategy.
    Best Mod ever for DC.
    And GrOrc no complaints just trying to overcome a huge hurdle...feel like 200 texans at the alamo. LOL

To bckh4: You must feel yourself like the Soviet soldiers at Stalingrad and Kursk, where they saved the whole of our World. Hard to defend in the early, wear down the enemy, build up your own strength, and then switches to a counterattacks. Titanium Wars Mod has a tendency to battles of this kind.

Surprise...

Last edited by GrOrc; 4th Feb 12 at 9:47 AM.

That was quick. Good job man, good job indeed.

I can see the Inqusition Deamonhunt race, but which is the other? Steel legion?

I have a question: will you keep adding units to the DC version if and/or when you recieve new units worty of you mod?

Hi there !!! It is great to see that you bring your mod in SS and add two new race !!!

Is the THUNDERHAWK a playble unit ? I think that the best implementation of air unit in all Dawn of war is the way taken by Jones1979 whit his firing thunderhawk deep strike.

Do you think you will implement something similar ? And the new races will be avaliable also in DC version of your mod ?

It would be a reason to reinstal DC after that I've Changed Pc )

Thank you there !!

Great news GrOrc.
    Really looking forward to your soulstorm version. Im wondering what you have done with the sisters and dark eldars. As far as i know not that many new models and stuff for them out there, besides the witchunters mod. Im hoping youve turned the sisters into the Inquisition with multiple branches. But well see, hehe.

To Pedro and All. Whitch Hunters (WH) Mod is not yet available for free use and it are not available to me officially now. I have repeatedly sent requests for permission to use the WH-models in my project. WH team never respond to my requests. Maybe someday they will answer... This is my dream to use WH-models in the Titanium Wars Mod (TWM). I would be very happy to add the WH Mod to the list of Mods used in the TWM.

P.S. I did a lot of work in private over OE-code of WH-models. A lot of useful fixes were made. I am ready to use the WH-models at any time.

----------

To Rytlock and All. About Inqusition Deamonhunt (IDH) Mod. I have repeatedly sent requests to Compiler for permissions to use his IDH-models as part of the TWM. Compiler rejected it. I would be happy to add this race in TWM, but I do not want to do it without the wonderful 3D-assets of the IDH Mod. We must wait until Compiler will change his mind.

That's... unfortunate. But if you haven't been given permission, where did you get the Land Raider from? Isn't that part of IDH? And what kind of tank is that one in the top left corner in the last image? It looks like something out of Steel Legion, or am I just misseeing something? It's been a while since I played the SL mod, so I can't say for certain.

To Rytlock. All inquisition models from public free version of FoK.

I see. Well, it's nice that you managed to put those models in the game. The sisters really needed a heavy vehicle, the Penitent engine just isn't "heavy" enough.
    BTW, what is that Thunderhawk I saw? Is it the sisters version of the SM Thunderhawk drop ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock
    Is it the sisters version of the SM Thunderhawk drop ability?
    Yes. With proper textures and sound events.

Well you have the standard sister models for ordo hereticus, and there should be grey knight termies and grey knights, grey knight captain and grey knight land raider from fok i believe. Then its ordo xeno which would just need some exotic weapons and some alien mercs. All the models are availible i believe. Dow Pro made a pretty descent inquisiton faction without i belive the IDH or WH mod. So its perfectly doable. I just dont think you should count on the persons you named to change their minds, they have been adamant for a long time.. but hey who knows, one can always hope.

To Pedro. Firstly, Grey Knights are not Ordo Hereticus units. I'll realize Whitch Hunters classic W40k race as Codex say. Secondly, DoWPro Mod have WH Mod permissions. WH models can be used there officially.

I know grey knights are ordo malleus Grorc. I just left it out of the sentence. I meant to say grey knight models for ordo malleus.

To Pedro. I don't want to realize the Daemon Hunters race (the Ordo Malleus factually) without IDH Mod stuff. See second part of the post #631. Thus, the Grey Knights are not using as separate race while I have not IDH-permissions.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 9th Feb 12 at 10:53 AM.

Great news! Catwell opened free access to his models. It means that KoS will appear in the next version of TWM. I am already working on it. Another one of TWM-placeholders will be reworked to true form...
    Last edited by GrOrc; 11th Feb 12 at 9:08 AM.

what does KoS stand for?

Keeper of Secrets. It's the greater deamon of Slaanesh.

Celebration of Slaanesh.

Now Keeper of Secrets is present in the Titanium Wars Mod in the true form. Great thanks to Catwell for model. Additional animations, needed markers, events, OE- and AE-coding were made by Grumbling Orc.

Screenshots

Now only one placeholder remains in TWM. This is LoC.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 11th Feb 12 at 9:11 AM.

GrOrc:Who are creating slaneesh god?
    Your mod team or UA mod team?I'm asking because it seems that your model and theirs looks the same.
    Thanks for answer.I'm just interested in your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by dowman View Post
    Your mod team or UA mod team?I'm asking because it seems that your model and theirs looks the same.
    Both mods use this KoS model under persmission of original model's author, known as Catwell. You also know other his models, like Great Unclean One for example. Also you should look here http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?255766 and here http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...ler-been-up-to

Quote Originally Posted by dowman View Post
    Thanks for answer.I'm just interested in your mod.
    No need to rush when you think about the authorship of models which you see in modern DoW mods. Most of good quality homemade models were made long time ago by respected masters of DoW Community such as Medes, Horus Heretic, Catwell, MaestroRobertus, Winterdine, Zany Reaper, and some other persons.

New good quality DoW-models are very rarely appearing now. The young modding teams had not yet reached the level of the old masters.The young modding teams simply use their great hardwork. So do not praise those who are simply using someone else's hardwork...
    Last edited by GrOrc; 11th Feb 12 at 3:38 PM.

So do not praise those who are simply using someone else's hardwork...
    I'm sorry, but I must have missunderstood something here. First of all, I can't find any praise from either dowman or jONES, so just what are you talking about?
    And secondly, if someone praised the FoS model then your argument does not make any sense. You said yourself that the older modders are the great ones, and you name Catwell as one of them, but you also say
    The young modding teams simply use their great hardwork.
    , which would makes us (me) belive that you think Catwell is one of the young modders.
    Or do you mean that we shouldn't praise others for using the models made by the old masters, catwell being one of them, and if so, are you saying that we shouldn't praise YOU for your great mod, since it uses the models of others?

Sorry if tl;dr, but please clarify. I'm feeling confused... Oh, and no offence intended to anyone. I love all of you who help make DoW into an even greater game.

To Rytlock. Do not confuse age of modding with age of person in the real life. "Old modder" is a DoW-modder who is working for a long time over DoW projects. Since 2004-2006 for example. Catwell is very old modder as I know. I have great respect for him. "Young modder" is a modder who works less or a little over a year on his first DoW-project. UA mod as example of young modding team without own big independent 3D-assets. (I'm just telling the naked truth. I hope that the UA team will not be offended by the truth. )

I just do not like it when some people ascribe merits to men who do not have them. Players must respect the 3D modelers, texturers, OE-coders first. Not naked AE-coders who make just combiner mods...
    Last edited by GrOrc; 11th Feb 12 at 11:57 PM.

Do not confuse age of modding with age in life.
    Yes, I know that. I was merely using your way of language to get my point across without having to explain to much. I should have written "Old modders", instead of older modders.

And thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Rytlock; 11th Feb 12 at 2:26 PM.

I'd like to disagree. There is one more modder in the UA mod like Cosmocrat who is REALLY GOOD at 3D design. I'd like to also concur to the fact that the UA mod is no combiner mod. If you play their mod, you'll see that there are SEVERAL things that came from no other mod.

100% respect to GrOrc and his team.

More on topic:
    I got a sudden crash to desktop on TWM. I was playing Tau and I was in the middle of a battle and the ai must have ruined my game by reading an unrecognized blueprint linked in their system which GrOrc coded.

Enemies were: Tau, Necrons, Space Marines.
    Me and Allies: Tau, Eldar, Eldar.
    6p map on Pavonis.

winconditions are Annihilate and Game Timer.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information