Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Titanium Wars Mod. New view on Dark Crusade.

Titanium Wars Mod. New view on Dark Crusade.

====================================================================================================
    Titanium Wars Mod for Dark Crusade
    =================================
    Grumbling Orc Game Development,
    Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - December 2013.
    =================================================
    NB!: This Mod only for Dark Crusade ver.1.2 (not for Soulstorm)!!!
    Soulstorm version see here:
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?265263
    and here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/titanium-wars-mod-ss
    Please don't write in this topic about Soulstorm version. Go to the appropriate topic.
    ===============================================================

Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.

This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!"

See Mod's readme-files for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!

Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!

Screenshots

Team Colourable Warhound

Battle Screenshots

Titanium Wars Army Painter

---------------------------

Mod's files:

Visit Titanium Wars page on Mod DB, and download mod files there:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/titanium-wars-mod

Setup

Note about known software problem under Windows 7

Change Log

Titanium Wars FAQ

Features of this mod:

- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree.
    - Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
    - New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
    - RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
    - Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
    - And finally Titans and Titan-like units!

Important remarks:

- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
    - This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
    - This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
    - This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
    - A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
    - This Mod is new view on DoW Dark Crusade campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).

Current active Team Members:

Grumbling Orc.

I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:

- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
    - Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
    - Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
    - Dawn of War Texture Tool 1.8.1 and its creators.
    - Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
    - Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, and Craftworld creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod. All permissions for using models were received from corresponding team leaders.
    - Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
    - Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
    - Special thanks to Catwell as author of Great Unclean Ones and Keeper of Secrets models.
    - Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
    - Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
    - Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
    - AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
    - Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me.
    - Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
    - My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
    - Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
    - And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.

Also many thanks to our donators (look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder):

1. Manny Sandoval (especially)
    2. Strawberry Lisa
    3. Daniele Onizzi
    4. Sinisa Kusan
    5. Jared Terwilliger
    6. ...

Donations remind modders that modders have to work.

Sincerely yours,
    Grumbling Orc.

Grumbling Orc Great Hall, November 2009.

P.S. Some important remarks:
    - For gamers. Before ask me about features of this Mod please read my Titanium readme file carefully. It is huge but it consist of many ready answers.
    - For beta testers. Look on damage info HTML-files. This is very useful information for balance tunings. Looking forward for your observations, remarks, and considerations.
    - To authors of DoW models. If you author of DoW models, and you see your model(s) in this Mod, and you want personal copyright in my Titanium readme file (or in first post of this thread), then send me list of your models used by me with confirmation of corresponding mod team leader where I found this model(s). We can make authors' huge list together if it is needed for you.
    - For modelers and texturers. Version of Titanium Wars Mod will stay 0.99.xx (pre-release status) while placeholders are present in it (Lord of Change Greater Daemon of Tzeentch). I invite 3D-modelers and artists for collaboration (see Needs List). This Mod is a kind of a public megacollection of your best artwork. You may test your new models in this Mod framework with my help. May be I'll able to fix some problems of your models, especially on WHE-file level. See Titanium readme "Fixed bugs" section and "TWM_Change_Log.txt" for details.
    - For other modders. You may use my work without special contact with me. My work is free for all true lovers of DoW game series. Just mention about me and Titanium Wars in credits section of your readme files and forum tread start messages. Of course you must receive permissions from true authors of DoW models and only then my additional work over their models and OE-code is free for you. Some of my work is only mine and some other my work is over DoW Community ready-made models and other DoW stuff. Consult with me if it's necessary.
    - At finally. I repeat that I am not a 3D-modeler and artist. I never pretend to any authors rights of any DoW models. Actually all rights and renown belong to artwork creators. In my humble opinion I think that all created ready-made models belong to all International DoW Community. We all work with love to Warhammer 40000 Universe. We all work for each other. My work is free for all true lovers of DoW game series.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 2nd Jan 14 at 2:55 AM. Reason: Fine-tuning the page.

downloading now... let me be the first to say thank you... but are the emperors children in it?
    Studio567 Graphic Designs
    Vorona Clothing Design Company
    www.myspace.com\vcdc567
    Email: Studio567@yahoo.com

See readme file and/or load game. ;)

My readme file is very huge. See all information there. Spoiler is not my concern. Pleasure from game must be pure.

My only spoiler is name of this Mod.

Ok just tried, really like it but cant really give feed back yet did not play long enough. Just wanted to see the units. I dont know how to critique a mod. I critique portfolios artwork...But my wife says I should keep my mouth shut and just play it.. Never seen a titan in game before WOW!!! But I clicked on the keeper of secrets but I did not see him in game, is he there? Again thank you... and please keep up the good work...

5. Space Marine Senior Member Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #5
    After investigating this further GrOrc was not in the wrong. I have since re-opened the thread.
    Last edited by Bowkers; 15th Nov 09 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouk
    I'm not looking for what might happen after the Bowkers come to see this thread...
    A Lannister always pays his debt

Ahhhhh..... Ah good then. Glad you got that figured out quickly GrOrc.
    There we were, ready to charge the loyalist scum, and then suddenly we were under fire from our west flank. Batshit mental. We turn to return fire, and somehow they sneaked a bunker in, right next to us! We didn't have any meltas so we got the hell out of there. CREEEEED!

Glad to see it's being sorted out. It sounds promising.
    -It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end (Douglas Adams)-
    -Make something idiot proof and nature will create a better idiot.-
    -Me fail English? That's unpossible!-

Hooarrryy.. glad things were ironed out.

Now we need a d/l location.

Good news

So many-many stuff I used from other mods! I was thinking that teams leaders have all rights with his mod's stuff and their permissions are enough. It is true? I hope that it is true. Creation of full model authors list in readme file is unreal for me.

I hope that all my "permissions problems" are solved now. And I can present Titanium Wars for DoW Community. It is good news for me and I hope for all DoW gamers. Now I invite all to Titanium Wars Mod arena. Mod files will reloaded soon. Please wait my new updated link.

And huge thanks for our moderators for their quick correct work.

Yes a few PM's were traded, so if any other problems arise GrOrc should be able to iron things out very quickly.

is there a download link?

WOW thank you... I read this this morning... and when wow WTF, and was wondering if I download something I should not of. I am glad to see that it has been all worked out. it is great to see a titian in game even if it is very rough anim

I think that Warhound Titan model is good. May be you say about my temporary models such as Eldar Titan then I agree with you.

Okay as much as I was told by my wife not to critique it, it is my nature, Please dont take this in the wrong way. I played chaos..my favorite, if the Emperors Children ever get done..... brought out the titan. the walking anima was a little choppy. it did not flow smoothly.. It seemed to be missing some spots in its movement. I really did not pay much attention to anything else. it was getting late.. and I was told to go to bed... Haha very funny.

If you like I will be more then happy to go through the mod and point things out that could use some fixing. Im not a game reviewer. But I have put some college students, and some other people in some very high place in the graphic field.

My critique are a little hard and seem like a slap. But they are not intended as that. and I always get the best out of the people I am reviewing. But then tend to hate me until the end.
    and that goes for anyone looking for a little critique of there work..

Thank you again for the mod... Peloquin

This is beta test. Any criticism and suggestions are welcome.

Will test it asap, titans and shit sounds fun. :=)

Is there any other mirrors? cause i can't seem to download from MegaUP

I just.. wow.. this is really sweet, applause to you for dooing this. So far ive only tested out IG but hey it had every unit i can think of, i really like beeing able to actually field an army instead of the normal 20 20, loved the titan.
    As for feedback at first glance it struck me that titans were vulnerable to beeing shut down by those abbilities that shuts down vehicles, like Psykers/orc boss with that zap abbility etc, maybe an idea to remove it beeing affected by that if possibly as its hardly "just" a vehicle.
    Also i love the PSY towers.
    Another issue is that the heavy bolter turrets can upgrade to missle turrets, guess thats maybe a bug seeing you can build missile turrets as stand alone?

EDIT: tried out IG, SM, CHAOS ELDAR now, youve done a good job putting all this together and adding your own unique tweak on the gameplay, some balance work is prob needed to balance units cost and cap but its all very playable.
    Really need some real models in place of the placeholders for the titans though, eldar titan, orc gargant and chaos titan. Chaos titan dont really need much work, just put some symbols and chaos banners and stuff on it and record a new voice, its kinda silly when it goes for de emprah lol.
    Didnt ShinGouki make a revenant and a phantom titan when he worked with the craftworld mod? I think what he made can be used in other mods so... might have your eldar titan model there. Or maybe the guys currently working on completing the craftworld/harlequin mod have one.

Another thing i notice is that you dont have a melee charge modifier or a snare as they do in fok for melee combat. Maybe an idea to implement one of them as without it melee units are useless for anything but bashing buuildings and interupting ranged units IF the enemy dances/kites with hes troops like the AI do all the time and every good player will.

I was playing a little campaign with the eldar and i noticed that when i went up against a space marine dread i could not attack him with my melee troops (striking scorpions, howling bainshee, farseer) they just shyed away from hes path. i noticed that my wraithlord could engage him hovewer, dont know if this is a bug or intended, i just mention it. Sorry for wall of text by the way. :O
    Last edited by Pedro; 16th Nov 09 at 5:21 PM.

was curious, Did you remove it for d/l? megaload says not available
    Insanity is the exception in individuals. In groups, parties, people, and the times, it is the rule.

- Nietzche -

Nope it's still there rev_draconis, try it again if it still comes up as unavailable try refreshing the page a few times.

Regards Hawk.

tnx hawk will give that a try

Ok guys. I'll try to make another link soon. Although Megaupload link is fully working and we are unneeded with new links.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 17th Nov 09 at 5:13 AM.

I have a suggestion for new stuff. There are alot of "effects" out there in other mods, like spells, bombardments etc, like tau manta strike, warp storm, the various spells from FOK, eldritch storm from legions etc. Could be an idea to implement those if possibly. Always fun with more Effects.

Gr0rc, you are welcome to any of my FX from Legions. Dig in.

I also have PM's in my inbox from (importantly) ORIGINAL members of the DoWXP team which indicate they have no limits upon the use of their assets so long as due credit is given. To be clear, thats not just permission I gained, but permission granted to anyone as per FoK's open source policy so long as you credit them.
    Soul Storm Legions Mod, 0.95, 05 April, 2013
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?267803

Sweet stuff Gerberman, warms the hearth to see charity among modders.

got megaupload to work for me finally will be trying titanium wars in the next day or so, but sounds like fun.

working on a mod of my own for soulstorm called ' Rogue Trader ' whichs sounds like it is along the same lines as yours.

Would be much better if people worked together on these things hehe. If someone want to get something going why dont they just ask to help one of the allready established mods if they/he need help if its something both can agree on hehe.
    Right now there are several mods out there that have most if not all their models from free stuff and are focusing on the entire game without any special direction and are working side by side. But hey, im not gonne complain, im having a grand time playing all these.

Hotfix 001

I replaced chaos terminator aspiring champion model in last moment before beta release and I forgot about adding possess animation. This hotfix solve this little problem and fix some errors in Titanium readme files.
    >>> Titanium Wars Mod <<<

The link is a no go for me... Locked up my browser... several times! I'd love to give this a try!

Sometimes they locked their links. Simply try to download later.

I have another suggestion. Do away with the stealth as it works in normal dow, its rediculous imo, invisible while meleeing, its so far from what its meant to be in the warhammer universe as possibly, this is no D&D with invisibility spells. :O
    I prefer the stealth variant where stealth breaks when you attack anything, that imo is the one that most accuratly represents stealth, it gives you first shot and lets you move unhindered around, not lolz invizibility, me no killah!
    Just making a suggestion offcource, maybe you like it the way it is now, in that case feel free to ignore my ranting.

There are two options for breaking stealth when meleeing:

1) Each and every unit gets a small keen sight range (my mod, each unit has 3)

2) Each and every unit that infiltrates, has an in_melee modifier that turns off stealth.

I have not tried no 2, personally, because I did not like the idea of any unit being able to stand on top of any other unit and not reveal it!

I agree with Pedro about stealth. Now I simply use classic variant as most usual for all DoW gamers.

Hey grorc, I'm really diggin the beta right now, very good. I imagine you still have some balancing to do and such but one thing I have noticed that is different is the Stormblade is this mod has a different ammunition effect then the one in The Steel Legion Mod. Did you modify the Special FX? For some odd reason whenever that plasma shell hits the target and taxes my system hard core haha and my rig is not a whimp, to say the least haha.

Kudos though man.

I was wondering if some faction having titans are maybe a bit unneccesary. Imperial guard, chaos, eldar and orcs all make use of titans (just need gargant, phanton/revenant and chaos warhound models) so i love that.
    The Psylon do the trick nice for the necron but that leaves tau and space marines.
    Those are the two races that never makes use of titans, space marines are so small in manpower and wehicular power than i doubt any titan would ever be delegated to somewhere they waged war alone(without IG also beeing there) and as for tau, sure they could convert some gue'la to the greater good, but subverting a titan would need for them to convert a whole titan crew, which is not really fluffy. I have a huge crush on titans but i also love fluff and tau and SM having titans just feel kinda strange i guess..

I love the fact you have actually taken the time to spell out that the tau titan are there because human allies of the tau are running it though, great work for detail.

So overall its livable even for die hard fluff person such as myself hehe, and i cant come up with a good suggestion for what to do for Tau and SM without the titan.

Strange words. Astartes are the part of Imperium. Imperium use titans. Therefore we can see titans in any epic battles with Space Marines, Imperial Guards, Whitch Hunters and Daemon Hunters. Chaos SM use titans with their origin from Imperium. They capture titans many centuries ago from Imperium. Many titans are hided in secret places since ancient time. Any who find this great treasure can use it for own goals. Any races. Rise up your artistic imagination! See legends of W40k Universe. Tau have not own style titans in current version W40k rules. It is pity. But they can capture titans from Imperium. And they can attract some of techpriests to Tau civilization for loyal service. Big human enclaves serve for Tau. This is some kind of a "mini-Imperium". Any of Imperium-like stuff are possible here and available for Tau.

Yeah astartes are part of the imperium. And astartes could be part in a battle where titans are fighting. But titans would not be deployed together with astartes only, as astartes never act in large enough quantity alone to warrant titan deplyment, also their fighting styles are vastly different, arstartes excell at lightning raids into the hearth of the enemy while titans are more for ordinary protracted warfare (takes time to get them down to surface, they need extraction aswell by a clumsy orbital lander), Mars watches over its titans jealously and do not like to loose them in "trivial" skirmishes. It can be summed up pretty easy, you dont deploy a heavy artillery tank alongside a bunch of commando troopers, it just dont mix well.

Alot of factions in warhammer 40K is really not an army in itself, factions like the inquisition, space marines, sisters of battle etc. These factions are more like a special branch of service with specialists used for special assignments and such, used alongside normal forces in case of war never alone. Thats why i feel that titans supporting these forces alone are strange as these factions are not really an army but more a special forces organication. English is not my native language so im having a little problem explaining what i mean, hehe.

Take for instance the 40 k novel Storm of Iron, there the iron warriors chaos marines assault a world with the intent of sacking a great citadel. But its not 1000 marines and some supporting vehicles like a normal chapter, its a great army, thousands of vehicles, maybe 50,000 supporting soldiers, artillery AND titans. A space marine chapter is just 1000 marines, they dont have armies besides their battle brothers and as such they are alone incapable of waging a war to the fullest (they can deepstrike down onto the enemy leader and kill him though, they just dont have the capability of killing hes whole army without blasting them from orbit) meh dont know if i im getting my point here and this is just becoming longer and longer. Haha. Great wall of text FTW. :P

And offcource, everyone like to feel unique/special. Sharing the same unit between so many races is
    just a little booring, would be so much better if they all had a different unit/different game play hehe.

Mod is great though dont get me wrong, im just picking at the small personal issues i have hehe.

By the way how long have you been working on this mod? Just curious seeing your alone on it.
    Last edited by Pedro; 20th Nov 09 at 2:51 PM.

HOLY SMOKES!!! I stumbled across this mod and it SOUNDS like everything ive dreamed of in a mod!!! Can it be true? (Still downloading)

Apart from Titans, are Forgeworld units in? Just how GW updated is it?

P.S. The core files are not available on Megaupload. Fix anyone?

I was working very densely in December 2008 - June 2009. Then in summer time I had some rest. Some of last changes were made in October - November after releasing FoK 3.5.

Hehe, so are you planning on releasing small updates when you add/fix things or a big one when you have lot of stuff done? Have you got people testing it for you, gameplay/balance way by the way or do you need a hand there?

I'll add any important hotfix in future. Mod was released only one week ago. Not so many people saw and played it now. I keep my eyes open. Testers are welcome. I hope that this mod take care of itself.

I add some screenshots today for eyes' pleasure. Sorry for parade style. May be I'll add more combat screenshots later.

Looking good GrOrc.

This is great! Are there plans for a soulstorm version?

ok i put everything in my dc directory, and it's not working. any idea what i could be doing wrong?
    For the Greater Good!!

DoW DC ver.1.2. Patch must be installed.

i reccomed trying to get in touch wiv the thousand sons guys, or asking hourus 'bout some greater deamon models

need 4 models right? bloodthirster allready in and the rest much needed: lord of change, keeper of secrets and the nurgle thingy.. and a chaosspawn for undivided. Thats pretty much how it goes i think.

Looking nice. You really should have asked me for permission for the Titan though (given!). Zany Reaper was responsible for the FX and OE of it. I did the modelling. Please add me / Dogs of War Mod to the credits and all is sorted.
    Now taking commissions! PM me for information.
    Vote for my stuff on CMON: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/winterdyne
    Check out my blog: http://winterdyne.blogspot.com/
    Follow on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/winterdynecommissionmodelling/

Now that is among the nicer reactions ive seen.
    Cheers for winterdyne.
    You going to continue with your magnificent mod by any chanse? I think GroOrc here among others would love to be able to field more titans in the future, and your models are most excellent.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information