Edit: (22 march 2011) HOTFIX 1.3 ! and new 8 Players version
I want to apologize to those of you who have downloaded the "Final" version of my map, thinking it would actually be the last (as I though)..
But as you can see, things can always be optimized!
Changelog for 1.3 :
- real "cut-off" points added surrounding bases. better for gameplay.
- 8P Added !! 2 sectors have been fully reworked to complete the sector changes for this.
- some sectors ressources has been also merged/moved/swapped to ensure a better ressource repartition in both armies.
- lots of little fixes, object placement, cover better placed
- some trees has been removed (about 1/4), and also several walls (better framerate).
- Tile number drasticly reduced (ty Cam51!) (that also improve a lot framerate)
- many paths has been cleared from their obstacle pollution (bot flows better in the map, better pathfinding)
- Allied base SLOT 2 has now much more space, bot now builds all buildings in that slot. this fixes the bot slot idle bug. (but if you play PE on allied beach, still need to play tetris but now you have a chance to fit all PE buildings in there)
Edit: 4v4 version (22/03/11) :
DOWNLOAD SGA - (8P) Veules-les-Roses 1.0
DOWNLOAD SGA - (6P) Veules-les-Roses HOTFIX 1.3 (file re-uploaded jan/2013)
Changelog for 1.1 :
- 1 tile removed (=little more fps )
- few houses removed, those where i never seen anybody go in.
- some gardens have been redesigned on allies side
- North-hill field is now again accessible for light vehicles.
GR's forum topic here
(Tactical map from previous version)
Previous changelogs :
- fixed pos3 entry point (my bad, sorry ^^)
- minor details added
- enhanced a bit map loading pic
- lowered the whole south hill
- white square bug in radar fixed (thx to Jadgpanther!)
- moved back the map entry point N° 3 to the beach
- Deleted/opened some walls
- minor details added
- brightned the night, and removed lot of rain in 'daytime'
- new athmosphere phases added in both cycles
- Pathfinding arround building fixed (for paras and fallschim)
- New atmosphere effects avaliable ! (thanks a lot to Rishad for his help) .SGA must be include to the game with GR's .exe to make 'em work ingame.
- New grass effects
- Many paths improved/fixed again on the whole map
- Shingle can now be used by most of tanks, as most of axis trenches.
- Night details and lighnings
- Minors debug / improvements / deletions
- Major fixes for pathfinding (most on Allies side) : larger Doors / some walls and fences removed
- Tons of splats added (again)
- Sectors : Second line of cut-off points, on both sides
- Several Houses/trees deleted or moved
- Minor fixes for rendercalls (2 Tile-sets deleted, replaced by splats)
- Allied bases space fixed (now better if PE starts there)
- All cliff bunkers replaced, they are no more upgradable.
- Minor details added, as roadsigns, white lines for crossing roads, guard-posts for axis base.. etc..
- new sectors design : added better cut off points
- New lightning presets
- Axis south Fuel has been moved closer to their base, to make it more equal to allies fuel.
- Axis pos. 5 is now bigger, just in case if PE starts there
- Allied northern Fuel point's trenches are now accessible to tanks, not only inf.
- minor changes to the sectors.
- minor changes to tiles/splats stuff
- loading screen changed. still not made with NIS tool, so i dont know if it will be the final one.
- new loading screen :
Jun 1940, Veules-les-Roses, Normandy.
German troops has invade France, and English and Scotishs sections (members of the 56th Arty regiment) are still stuck in the small village (located near St Valery), circled by Germans (7th Panzer Division, co-leaded by Rommel).
Saint Valery-en-Caux has been taken, 46000 allies prisonners are captured.
At 6 miles from there, in the small town Veules-les-Roses..
After an heroic resistance, with a hard street fight, last English troops retreat to the beach, litteraly pushed to sea.
Final memorable violent ultimate resistance of an allied ammo ship, the "Cerons", shooting untill the end. The ship was scuttled just in front of the beach, with tons of ammo vaporized, to not fall into enemy's hands.
50 years later, the Ceron's wreck that scuplted the sea-sight during so many years in Veules-les-Roses was finaly destroyed.
Thanks to google map, here is the real place (and ingame references) in our day, and the map scheme, and some screens of the map.
blah-blahI don't know when they'll show the result of the contest, but i don't expect to win, since my map design is a bit odd for a Coh map.
They also told that they'll focus on maps for automatch mapcycle.. i'm not sure to fit in this case ^^
Anyway its the first map i really finish, so even if i loose, im happy