Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[MAP] Veules-les-Roses (6P)& (8P) - 8P added! + Update for 6P

1. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #51
    Wow, those look really nice Xalibur! Can you explain me how you make those?

hi
    Thank you very much Xalibur, i tryed to create em, but your's looks definitly better than mine !
    Also am curently working on the OOB (*unplayable area, out of borders) so i can pack a new version very soon, with all this inside.
    Thanks to Jagdpanther and Nobody, i should now be able to pack a loading screen too..

Edit : Package v0.8 done!
    thanks to all of you for your help, i got loading screen, tactical (unfortunatly its not yet Xalibur's).
    Lots of other small correction / polish / details..

Ingame Tactical map* :

* tactical from rev. 0.9

And 20 updated pics :
    Last edited by Playmobill; 12th Apr 10 at 9:58 PM.
    " Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "
    George Patton

Revision 0.9 (edit : old link)
    - new tactical maps from Xalibur
    - many changes to ressources repartition.
    - small pathfinding fixes
    - splats fixes
    Last edited by Playmobill; 16th Apr 10 at 7:24 AM.

Hi Play,

I think the Bloom in the Atmosphere is too striking It would look good if it was reduced ...

Look at the Reflection on the fence and buildings in the Screenies , a liitle less of the reflection would enhance the looks ..

Regards
    funnyme
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.

I am just an ordinary player and I think this is a great map but I agree with Funnyme. It is just too bright.

Cheers

Hi folks
    Thanks for those advices, be sure i pay really attention to each
    Here is some testing i've just made to lower the light's reflexions:

Old light presets

New light presets

"Bloomy morning" effect killed.
    I've tryed to keep the athmosphere without it, but i wanted to keep this tone for colors.. Veules is a very colorfull village IRL
    Last edited by Playmobill; 13th Apr 10 at 2:59 PM.

7. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #57
    That looks way better Playmobill! Great work.

Hi Play,

Looking good, I am also a fan of the moring 7 to 7.30 sun .....

Regards
    funnyme

It's a very, very nice map and it makes really fun to play they. this map has all, what I need, place for buildings, a town for capturing and streetfighting and place for tank battles. Only the allied landing place is limited, but that's historical correct. And the look is great. I wish the map would be bigger, but it's ok. Very good work!

10. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #60
    Looking at the newest screens, and I see that the Pantherturm and Mortar Bunker are both burried, that their doors are half underground. Maybe you can fix this, that would be great.

Post 56. Now very much better. Thanks for this implementation.

Cheers

Thank you all for your help and for the nice comments, I really appreciate!
    Celestian, I will check the height of the bunkers, it was in my list of things to do and I completely forgot to take care of it.

The next step is to recheck the allocation of resources, and improve as much as possible.
    I also posted the map on the topic of the GameReplays map contest .

Edit: new version with new lightning
    Revision 0.9.1

v0.9.1 changelog:
    - New lightning presets
    - Axis south Fuel has been moved closer to their base, to make it more equal to allies fuel.
    - Axis pos. 5 is now bigger, just in case if PE starts there
    - Allied northern Fuel point's trenches are now accessible to tanks, not only inf.
    - all bunker's height fixed
    - minor changes to the sectors.
    - minor changes to tiles/splats stuff
    - loading screen changed. still not made with NIS tool, so i dont know if it will be the final one.

Edit²: About the GR mapping contest :
    This is a very precise comment made on the map on GR forum, and i agree with it.. I'll try to work in that direction now ^^

[...] The map itself has some big problems in terms of competitive multiplayer, as an Ai comp stomp map it would be heaps of fun, so it depends on what your trying for, but the GR map comp is mostly about high level play...and at this stage its just not there. please take this as constructive feedback from a player who loves 3v3 competitive play.

Here are some of the issues

- there are heaps of wrecks which can be harvested for resources
    - You have bunkers on the beach side which can be upgraded to medic/mg/repair
    - Panthertunrs and mortar bunkers are generally frowned apon, and in the places you have them can cuase big balance issues
    - There are no real cut off points
    - The map itself is too tight and compact, pathing for vehicles is a nightmare, and the actual line of sight is impacted due to all the height you have in the map. Infantry get lost behind all teh walls/trees/hills/biuldings. this I believe is the biggest problem, but as its the theme of the map im not sure if you can fix it?
    - its way toooo big for 3v3, better as a 4v
    - the map itself dosent look finished, use of splats/splines and textures isnt complete
    - the load screen is a pisser...looks like something out of tomas the tank engine
    - The resource distibution seems ok, maybe tone down the +10s
    - Fantastic work with height modes, its really difficult to get trenched ect to look right put you pulled it off.

cheers
    As you can see, they agree with some members of this forum, pantherturns and neutral bunkers should probably be removed. Wrecks must be removed to, or i must block salvage (with scar?)
    if you see other things that can disqualifie the map, plz tell meh ^^
    Last edited by Playmobill; 16th Apr 10 at 7:30 AM.

Please check this part in your map. It has not world as owner and is attacked by the faction of the upper left HQ.

Map version 0.9.1.

btw.: The older loading screen looks better then the newer one (for me).

Greetings ...

lol this fuel point on that screen doesnt have to be there oO

its a mistake this is a ammo sector, this fuel has probably been moved from elsewhere.. lol
    And i agree for loading screen, this one is too much granny-style.

Edit: fuel was the problem, they where attacking the point itself noob mistake my bad

Edit²: ok, noted (for bigger tanks)
    Last edited by Playmobill; 17th Apr 10 at 2:16 PM.

Ah, now I understand, why I had have in one skirmish (PE against PE), an german secured fuel point (PE can do this in my mod). But that this point was secured from begin, mhmm, very mysterious. LOL.

Make more maps like this. It's very nice and very hard to fight on.

Edit: Oh have forgotten to say. The road to this point, down the hill, is not passable for bigger Tanks like Tigers.

hi folks!
    quick update : revision 0.9.2
    - new sectors design : added better cut off points

- new loading screen :

DOWNLOAD v0.9.2
    complete changelog in there

17. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #67
    Hey! That looks really good, did you also fix the Mortar Bunker and Pantherturm?

In the pic in Post #63 above the Tac Map has a white square on a house to the south of the middle of the map - near an ammo point. I have this too, when I play the map.. Any reason for this? What is it? Is it significant to one side or the other? Can you remove it?

Cheers

Hi Celestial, i'm sorry I fixed em in previous version, but i had to remove Mortar Bunker and Pantherturm in this version, due to the map contest.. that wasnt good for gameplay against humans...

For the white square in Axis, i have absolutly no idea of where that comes from, the building is onwed by world, as usual, so i don't know why it appears like a barrack-house in radar..

Im also working on cliff bunkers, to prevent units from convert em into repair bunks or something (i think i used the wrong bunker model).

edit: sry mate ;p
    Last edited by Playmobill; 24th Apr 10 at 11:45 AM.

20. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #70
    Good, I like it better without them. About the Bunkers, use the Point Du Hoc bunker (ebps\environment\art_ambient\objects\defenses\concrete), these cannot be upgraded into Machine Gun Bunkers, Medic or Repair Stations.

p.s. It's Celéstial

For the white square in Axis, i have absolutly no idea of where that comes from, the building is onwed by world
    When you look from inside the game, it seems to be the square not the building itself, but somewhat around (more in south of them). Could it be the edge of the wall?

hi people
    Thx for comments

Updated SGA file - v0.9.3
    !

1 week left for the contest, so i desperatly need more playtesting !

Changelog for rev. 0.9.3 :
    - Major fixes for pathfinding (most on Allies side) : larger Doors / some walls and fences removed
    - Tons of splats added (again)
    - Sectors : Second line of cut-off points, on both sides
    - Several Houses/trees deleted or moved
    - Minor fixes for rendercalls (2 Tile-sets deleted, replaced by splats)
    - Allied bases space fixed (now better if PE starts there)
    - All cliff bunkers replaced, they are no more upgradable.
    - Minor details added, as roadsigns, white lines for crossing roads, guard-posts for axis base.. etc..

Edit: lol Jagdpanther, sorry its was a copy/past from GR forum, that's why ^^

known issue(s):
    - If AI is P.E, and in Pos 1 (upper left corner), it build sometimes in other's bases oO (will be fixed asap).. I don(t know why, because they got enough space to build in their own base.
    - the white square still appears on radar (in axis only), on a building NOT owned by anyone.. i'll delete it if I really can't fix it
    Last edited by Playmobill; 24th Apr 10 at 2:36 PM.

1 week left for the contest, so i desperatly need playtesting !
    Is done ...

- If AI is P.E, and in Pos 1 (upper left corner), it build sometimes in other's bases oO (will be fixed asap).. I don(t know why, because they got enough space to build in their own base.
    This (or PE built nothing) we have seen on other maps too, because the ai uses the available place not so effective as a human player it can do. So you have three options:
    - let it as it is (it's historical accurate) and only allies can built here
    - live with it
    - increase the available size in the starting position

For my own mod the size is for all starting places too small, but I have no problem with the fact.

- the white square still appears on radar (in axis only), on a building NOT owned by anyone.. i'll delete it if I really can't fix it
    Yes please delete it, it's an odd thing for your nice map.
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 24th Apr 10 at 5:32 PM.

Quote:
    Yes please delete it, it's an odd thing for your nice map.
    I'm so sad, it seems to be a bugger relic of a tiger (it's icon), the problem is that the unit is not more visible, and no more deletable (already deleted, i used it for makin the loading screen)
    So i'm stuck, and got no solution to remove this white square..
    arty seems to destroy it, but its not any building or item in the map (ive checked that for hours), its invisible in WB and ingame
    - Arty can destroy this white square, even if it not visible oO !
    Otherwise, i'm trying to fix this last bug to release a new revision.

in next rev. :
    - A lot of heightmode work, especialy on beach. PE can now build a correct base on beach, they got more buildable space.
    - Heavy tanks (except tiger and m26) can now use the upper left shingle.
    - for medium tanks : the lateral trench that goes from pos2 to pos 3 is now enough large to use it.
    - Allies side: Many paths are now easier for infantry, and for light and medium vehicules (heavy's dont need, as they crush everything) .

Hoping i'll manage to remove this bugged tiger entity or whatever it is.. help welcome
    -
    Last edited by Playmobill; 26th Apr 10 at 8:30 AM.

its invisible in WB and ingame
    That's a heavy thing (bug). I hope you find a way to solve it. Anyway, there are still a few traps exist that units are pinned down next to buildings, because they find no way out. That's bad for paratroopers and converted ambient buildings they spawn in this direction.

Another thing is the drain beside the upper left street, so many vehicles have problems to find a way, if there are more than once. Can this blocking be eliminated without deleting the drain itself?

MAP UPDATED !
    Revision 0.9.4

DOWNLOAD latest SGA (v0.9.4)

Changelog for rev. 0.9.4 :

- New atmosphere effects avaliable ! (thanks a lot to Rishad for his help) .SGA must be include to the game with GR's .exe to make 'em work ingame.
    - New grass effects
    - Many paths improved/fixed again on the whole map
    - Shingle can now be used by most of tanks, as most of axis trenches.
    - Night details and lighnings
    - Minors debug / improvements / deletions

In my house(duh) proudly Mexico,Mexico City
    @Playmobill,awesome work in the update mate,this is a great and the new weather effects will make it more realistic
    R.I.P.(Requiescat in pacem) loran korn & MrScruff
    Normandy 44:European Theater Team Member (s0uNds t3sTeR,fOrUmS Ass!stAnt,c0d¡ng c0nsUltaNt)

.SGA must be include to the game with GR's .exe to make 'em work ingame.
    What do you mean?

Normally I use only the extracted sgb version.

@Gamerisin: thanks a lot

@Jagdpanther: yes you can also do like this.

else you can include the SGA to the game with GR Maps program (can be also found on this forum).

It allows replays & atmospherics without -dev

@OK, thanks for the info, but this tool works not for me.

very nice map!
    It gets really dark sometimes which makes it hard to play at times. But ofcourse it adds to the atmosphere

Yepp, sadly, if it is night (moonless), then I even can see very less details and nothing of the skins.

ok DW i need those feedbacks
    Sorry guys first time i play with atmosphere optIons, im not familliar with.
    i agree its too dark. i'll brighten it in next version.
    If you see other issues or bugs, tell me here or mp me

i think i've lost hopes for the contest, my map is too 'comp stomp friendly' and not enough strategic for hardcore gamers. New maps for hardcore gamers (especialy for automatch) was the GR contest objectives.

So i'll try polish and finish this map for us instead of loosing my focus on things i will never reach
    Last edited by Playmobill; 2nd May 10 at 1:17 PM.

Sorry guys first time i play with atmosphere otpitons ...
    No need for an sorry. It's an great idea and it works like a charm, but it is sometimes a little bit too dark.

my map is too 'comp stomp friendly' and not enough strategic for hardcore gamers.
    That depends on the mod. I had just a very strong fighting. Puhh. But I think, it's my personal view, the resource points could giving more resources. Most of them having only 5. But they are well distributed, so it could be very hard, to defend them.

i think i've lost hopes for the contest
    Why, for me it's one of the best maps I ever seen and I played they longer as any other before. It is irrelevant what the contest has to say about.

I agree with @Jagd here,no need to be sorry,this is a wonderful awesome map,now...are you kidding me with not using it for the map contest???

you should put this map on the contest,of course,give it a try

Thank you for all your support, guys, its good to hear
    So many or you helped me since i begun this map, it would never have gone so far without this mappers community

I'm now working on those problems, that have been repported here, and also in GR's forum.
    - lowering the height of the south hill
    - brightning the night phase
    - pathfinding issues (especialy arround some buildings)
    - more optimisation the map (ouch, not again, what more can i remove )
    and some fx & athmosphere tweaking
    perhabs next revision will get a new loading screen, by the way.

- pathfinding issues (especialy arround some buildings)
    A tip here: have in mind anybody use paratroopers and all those want fighting ...

perhabs next revision will get a new loading screen, by the way.
    Oh I find the last very good, but it could need a little bit cosmetic, so it looks like the old one with the old car.

Wow this map is awesome, never looked in the mapping section but since it's been included with next patch of Blitzkrieg I've been looking up all the new maps for it. Really like that bright lighting before (probably a bit too bright) but gave the map a nice evening feel, if you could make a dusk setting that was a little like that that'd be really nice. Nice to see a proper dark night setting, probably a bit too extreme like people have said but keeping it pretty dark as opposed to a more twilight like effect that most maps have would be cool.

Not very experienced with modded maps like I said but it's also nice to see something with a nice amount of detail and varied terrain. Most maps seem to just be fields with the odd building scattered about, this has nice rolling hills and cool little disconnects in the territory.
    Join the Blitzkrieg Mod Gamers group:
    http://www.xfire.com/communities/blitzkriegmodgamers/

I have a big request. Can you please in your next version move the map entry point (call in) for place 3 to anywhere on the beach. The actual place kidding me, when a call in can't drive up the hill (like a panther) but other vehicles can do it. Then nobody can drive, each unit is blocking the other one. The ai is too dumb to realize such. In addition on that small pass is an mg-nest, so the place is narrower.

Greetings Jagdpanther
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 11th May 10 at 2:49 PM.

41. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #91
    Looks really good Playmobill! Keep on the good work.

Thx Celestial Next revision is nearly ready, so i will upload it tomorrow after a last look on what can be remove.

To Jagdpanther > I was affraid of that. You confirm it, moving this entry point was a bad idea! I'll move it back to the beach, near one of the "d-day" boats (sorry i don't remember their name!).
    Other important point, man i would like to thank you for the fix of the 'white square' bug, i still don't understand how happenned this bug, but you found how to fix it, so thanks a looooot !!

Pleasure!

moving this entry point was a bad idea!
    The idea to use this pass for the reinforcement hq's is good, but the entry point between the pass and the mg_nest is not practicable when the reinforcement can't use that pass. So it's better to have the entry point near the water.

About the white square: This building itself must be buggy. By trying to use the same building as an replacement for the other one, I had become the same problem.

Btw. "d-day" boats are Higgins boats.

I'm curious on your new version.

UPDATE !

Download rev. 0.9.5

- lowered the whole south hill
    - white square bug in radar fixed
    - moved back the map entry point N° 3 to the beach
    - Deleted/opened some walls
    - minor details added
    - brightned the night, and removed lot of rain in 'daytime'
    - new athmosphere phases added in both cycles
    - Pathfinding arround building fixed (for paras and fallschim)
    Last edited by Playmobill; 13th May 10 at 8:44 AM.

Cool - all my wishes fixed! Try it now.

Edit: Mhhm, do you have forgotten to move the map entry point for starting place 3 or packed the wrong version?

The atmospheres are now top!
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 12th May 10 at 10:48 PM.

oh oh its my bad.. in fact it seems that i just copyed it down the beach, instead of move it.. now pos3 has 2 map entry
    It will be fixed in final version tonight or tomorrow..
    shorcuts habits die hard, sorry ^^

ps: i've just fixed it. thx a lot for the report of this bug, mate
    Download rev 0.9.6
    Last edited by Playmobill; 13th May 10 at 8:44 AM.

thx for the fixed and updated version!!!

Thanks for the fast fix mate!

Hi Playmo,

Only 7hrs left for the dead line to expire , Just thought would remind you ...

Regards
    funnyme

FINAL REVISION !

Topic Here

I don't know when they'll show the result of the contest, but i don't expect to win, since my map design is a bit odd for a Coh map.
    They told that they'll focus on maps for automatch mapcycle.
    i'm not sure to fit in this case ^^
    Anyway its the first map i really finish, so even if i loose, im happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information