Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

-=DoW40k2:WOA=- (ret) - Tau updates #1459

-=DoW40k2:WOA=- (ret) - Tau updates #1459

Dawn Of Warhammer 40k 2: Warpstorm Over Aurelia 1.0.0

Mod Leads:
    Horusheretic and Mirage Knight

Note:
    We are taking on Texturers and modellers should you wish to join just contact me through my profile and send a pm or email.

Readme and installation

Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6OJ1IWF

alt mirror:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-wa...m-over-aurelia

Mod Pictures

Official Forums:

http://fok.dow-mods.com/index.php

ModDB page:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-2-warpstorm-over-aurelia

Image Galleries: 1

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igS-mwR-CpY&feature=related

Steam group, join to play easily with others.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow40k2-woa

Last edited by horusheretic; 3rd Jul 12 at 8:21 AM.
    Tutorials_And_Helpful_Sites_Here <-link
    Want a 3d model commissioned? I may do so. Pm me!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow40k2-woa Join up for updates and view other members.

Holy crap.

This. Will. Be. Epic.
    There we were, ready to charge the loyalist scum, and then suddenly we were under fire from our west flank. Batshit mental. We turn to return fire, and somehow they sneaked a bunker in, right next to us! We didn't have any meltas so we got the hell out of there. CREEEEED!

Wow, and I just got on the forum for the first time in months. It's a sign!

Very nice, guys.

If you have XFire, add me: Lprsti99

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    As you all may have gathered, the plan naturally is to give DOW 2 SP and MP the old "FOK" treatment

For the SP campaign, our first target, we'll be doing a number of things:

- Bring squad sizes inline with codex but keeping them manageable with regard to pathing and such.

- Bring weapon ranges, rates of fire, and damage inline with codex while keeping in mind this is an RTS here.

- Bring unit HP, armour types, and movement rates inline with codex while, again, keeping in mind this is an RTS.

The squads you get in vanilla DOW 2 SP will still be there...just a bit different in terms of size and unit composition

With MP, we'll be using the same unit build times and costs that one can find in FOK. Due to the current nature of DOW 2's cap system, we can't use unit categories the way we used to...but we'll figure out something.

As with DOW40K and FOK, codex will be used as a baseline for keeping things consistent and balanced with regard to stats. Ultimately though, we want DOW40K II to feel "fluffy" and be playable. We'll keep you posted on developments with the mods as we get things done.

On a side note, I think it's a given that some of you have been eagerly waiting for this announcement

theres a lot more we could probably add from what ive seen so far, like playable campaign playable predators.

Well, I expected it, eventually, but as a result of Relic supporting mods more. Course, you can't keep away from a good mod idea to save your life, so it's not too surprising. Excuse the language, but when you dropped out of FoK, my first words were "Retired, my ass." Well, you know where to find me for testing and off-the-wall ideas.

A little island no one has heard of (NewZealand)
    my life is complete now
    Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!
    The Firedrakes stand read to serve.

I never thought I'd see the day FoK decides to port over DoW2!!!!!!! This is gonna be EPIC!
    "Faith is my SHIELD, my fury is my SWORD!!!"

The old Dawn of Warhammer that I think later evolved into FoK was the reason I started modding (to convert the WA mod to DC when it came out and Kroot hounds did more damage than Assault Terminators).

Good luck anyway. May I ask will this be SP, MP, or both?

noobbbb question: FoK what dose it means ??

Firestorm over Kronos.
    wow- i cant explain how stoked i am, but all i can think of is that modling for dow II will be a bitch.

12. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #12
    @ MagosImperator: read the OP.

@ MK: way to go, keeping me in the dark

"Perfect Every Time" Uncle Benny's Avatar
    Wowzers! Truly a monumental undertaking, but you guys are the some of the few that I would take seriously on an announcement like this. Awesome to see that you guys are working on the model import/export issue, you should be huzzahed by the entire community for your efforts and results!!
    Cheers!

Good luck anyway. May I ask will this be SP, MP, or both?
    Initially SP and then we'll focus on MP

but all i can think of is that modling for dow II will be a bitch.
    Tedious would be a more appropriate description

Anywho, a little sampler of what's been tweaked so far for SP...at least on my end.

The Tactical squad is now 9+1 in size. One squad member is equipped with a Flamer (perfect for burning those filthy xenos out of cover). Said squad member still retains said Flamer even when the rest of the squad is kitted out with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords or is given Veteran status. I might just have him get a Heavy Flamer if the squad is equipped with Terminator armour.

The Devastator squad is now 4+1 in size. 2 squad members get Heavy Bolters, one gets a Missile Launcher, and the last gets a Plasma Cannon.

The Assault Squad is now 4+1 in size, although that might change to 9+1 depending on feedback. Going to see about giving the squad frag grenades by default.

The Scout squad is now 9+1 in size. 4 Scouts get Bolters, the rest get Shotguns.

I plan on giving the FC a command squad comprised of an Apothecary, a Sergeant, and 3 Tacticals.

Seeing as this is SP...I'm going to opt for "fluffy" Space Marines as opposed to codex Space Marines. Your squads will be tough as hell and able to dish out a considerable amount of pain - but don't get too cocky. Later on your squads are going to face some serious challenges.

As far as the opposition the Blood Ravens face, expect to see significant buffs - particularly when the game really gets going. An Ork horde will be comprised of more than just 15 Boyz guarding a vital building. Some examples...

Slugga and Shoota Boy mobs will wind up being at least 20 Boyz in size per Mob, including the Nob.

Gaunt Broods will wind up numbering at least 16 Gaunts per Brood.

Oh yeah...and Carnifexes won't be lumbering brutes. They'll be charging at your Marines.

As I said...just a sampler of what's in store

@Gorb: It was decided last night...and you weren't on

This all sounds great! Best of luck on the new project.

If you get to the point where you could use my, admittedly, limited help, drop me a line.

PM me and we'll discuss this

Gorb : Sorry, I see it is SP first.

Mirage Knight : I second Sporx's idea.
    If you need help contact me. I can't promise much until the end of January (lot of exams), but after that, I am sure I could help in coding.

I can very safely do boring tasks like "increase the range of all bolters in the campaign by 10f", or things like this.

I admit that I can't skin, model, make AI and I can't write scar, although I can do some basic modifications.

You can check out my mod if you want to see how much can I do.

Also, you might would like to contact Jaylo and Zetrial. They both have a lot of great stuff, superior talent (compared to me), and are also very generous with permissions.

Rant over, and may the Emperor protect Dawn of Warhammer 2 !

OMG a FOK for dow2? Hot dang i swear i will have sex with this mod when it comes out :O
    I am the Almighty Fuzzy one! Never fuss me without permission or i will eat you :)

CrTy: prepare to loose a few months of your life on Dark Crusade

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=233419

DoW40k 2: WoA forums also.
    http://fok.dow-mods.com/index.php

I've already done a large amount of work in that direction, I just don't know how to add models to the game. You're free to use my work as a springboard for FoK, which was my favorite dow 1 mod. I am going to release it in a few days, as soon as I get the last of the nids new weapons done.

One mechanic I was working on was making waaagh/biomass more important for orkz and nids, making it required for teching up, and for buying tier 3 units. Waaagh is generated by orkz/banners, and biomass by nid structures.

How far along are you on the FoK treatment?

22. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #22
    Magos, my bad, read Mirage Knight's first post in this thread

23. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Modding Senior Member  #23
    btw - if you guys need any mapping help let me know. That will be a while down the pipes obviously.

ira... will do

How far along are you on the FoK treatment?
    we've got a bit coding done, though initially heavily in the planning stage. we have lots of big stuff going to hit the campaign, which we wont share just yet.

ive also got a few models ready back from Dawn Of War 1 that we can also use at a later date.

dont worry relic, its all scratch built stuff

in the mean time ill be modelling quite a bit also that ill need to work out on how to do as im not quite sure how high or low poly i want stuff, but judging from the stuff in game, the count is similar to my war master model.

Well I enjoyed FoK very much, thanks for helping out DoW 2, which sorely needed direction lol. My mod is 100% multiplayer based right now, and I will be releasing it within the week, as soon as it's finished. I am Swiley117 on steam, if anyone wants to add me and join the DoW 2: Codex Edition group. Thanks!

give me sternguard veterans and im a happy man

Well its about damn time =P Great to see a new project that everyone can focus on now that FoK has begun to slow down a bit... This looks like the kind of thing Melooo would enjoy doing now. As always best of luck! That Max guide you gave me HH has really helped, you never know, maybe I'll be able to help before this project is through!
    'I think a painful death is something everyone should experience'
    Lucius the Eternal

Add Blasphear in Xfire.

Who here likes legs? what about 11? or how about a teaser of something to come?

i do!

the heretics shall be purged

I'm dancing like a monkay~ medes's Avatar
    NICE!!

30. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War II Senior Member  #30
    Out of curiosity, how are you guys planning on implementing models in-game? To my knowledge, that's currently impossible. At best I think you can only edit animations that already exist.

Or are you just going to hold off on that until we get some modeling support?
    "You must be swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon."

im trying to find ways and programs that will allow me to get models in game, but im also not going to sit back and do nothing but coding either.

if it ends up that there is no exporter to use then i can use the models in other games. no big loss as far as im concerned. im doing something i enjoy, and whether others want to gain something from the process is up to to relic and how much people want to see these models in game.

just sitting back and waiting isnt going to motivate anyone

I for one want new helmets for everyone, I want to be able to make Black Templars and Grey Knights. I want a Techmarine that actually looks and acts like one, with a 4-armed servo harness, 2 power claws up top, one heavy flamer and one twin-linked plasma servo, I want servitors, the melee and gun kind, and some new power weapon skins.

I want some new armor schemes for Vanguard and Sternguard vets, as well as new Eldar units: Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Swooping Hawks, Fire Dragons, and Dark Reapers.

For orkz, I need Mega Armored Nobz and some cool looking Flash Gitz. Also, the looted tank should look more like a Leman Russ. Thanks!

We know about the model stuff... we are working on that side with unholy absolution
    Promythyus likes this intensely.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, you guys are *still* doing great work with DoW1.
    MODS FOR THE MOD GOD! MAPS FOR THE MAP ROOM!

to be honest though gabriel the armour for the veterans are reletively accurate as they are now a little more would be good but its the weapons and the amount they use which isn't accurate

Thanks Gorb, I re-read the post and know that this mod will focus on both SP and MP, but now the Team's goal is to fix SP first.

I also have some files I can offer : Sternguard Veteran squad and Plasma, Vortex and krak grenades, both for campaign and skirmish.

Hmm im curious will there be any chance of grey knights added in? Love those guys and in Dow2 theyd work so well with disruption attacks etc. And horus your such a evil tease! Legs indeed! But im guessing there maybe something to do with the eldar, hopefully the dire avegners there awsomes in FoK.

well, things such as those can wait till we can actually touch the models. in the mean time we will create things that aren't based on marine parts or things that can be recycled and improved upon.

@gabriel gorgutz

this isnt a request thread. we do things as we see fit just like any other mod team out there.

You guys just made me buy DoW2 in all its mediocrity. Hopefully you make DoW2 epic like it should be.

That's the plan

If this actually happens. Oh. My. God.

Looking mighty fine brotha! Now lets get custom models into DoW2 !

:o Wow. My only problem with FoK for DoW I was the path finding but DoW II solved those problems a bit. I'm looking forward to this.

so are sisters of battle going into dow2?

would i model them else is a question you would need to ask yourself

Quick Question... HOW are you going to get models INTO the game?

While I am at it, WHY oh WHY god his the cuiras got a mesh smooth on it? Make sure you use triangles not squares, it renders better. On top of that, find out what the engine uses to render. I know this isn't you're first rodeo, but DoW2 isn't the same game.

you do realise that polygons are essentially tri's right?

it doesn't matter whether i model in quads or tri's at this stage. it also doesn't matter whether the game engine can handle the current model or not either. that's easily changeable too. its not like its going to use ngons or whatever as most engines don't. its far more practical to use quads and tri's since everything can be converted easily.

for the rendering, i do not care for this flashy background stuff and probably never will. in fact showing renders in the state they are in gives other people a better sense of how other people create stuff.

sure its no ViDoc or tutorial on me going through what i do, but you can tell and learn a lot by seeing how others have modelled things.

all that matters is the end result

Quick Question... HOW are you going to get models INTO the game?
    ive answered that similar question a few posts back.
    Last edited by horusheretic; 16th Dec 09 at 12:13 AM.

Wow! Mirage Knight is back in action, HOT DAMN! Mirage Knight, Medes, and other FoK members are the damn reason I got so into WH40k and DoW in the first place. I'm stoked you're modding again!

One thing is bothering me though, and I have to get some clarity on this. Are SM's still going to be elite and extremely tough and durable? 10 Tacts per a squad seems really strange to me now after playing with 3 + 1 sergeant. I could see 4-5 + 1 sergeant, but that also depends on how many sqauds SM's can make, and their strength.

That was the one thing that really got on my nerves with DoW, were the large SM sqaud sizes, and them dieing like fodder. I HOPE this is not the plan to make them more like DoW again, all my dreams would be shattered.

So are the SM sqaud sizes going to be larger, but still elite? How many squads can SM's make in comparison to Tyranids or Orks?

p.s I'm going to hope and pray that Thudmeizer will make a badass AI for DoW II. DoW II will never be able to achieve true greatness without it.

p.s I'm going to hope and pray that Thudmeizer will make a badass AI for DoW II. DoW II will never be able to achieve true greatness without it.
    i talked to him about this the other day.

he will only consider it when we can properly get models in game and import them.

for the squad sizes its going to be more codex so large amount of orks and tyranids.

campaign will play havoc with you as you truly will have hordes to contest with

for the squad sizes its going to be more codex so large amount of orks and tyranids.
    That's great to hear, but i'm only concerned about the Space Marine squad sizes. If Tactical Marines are going to be 9 + 1, will they be appropriately tough and elite, and how much will their population cost be?

As for Thudmeizer's proposition, I hope you guys can find some way to get models in game. Have you talked to Corsix about this? He'd be the guy that would know the most about this right?

i'd imagine the same method we used in fok. im not sure yet because MK mostly been doing the coding. im mostly model making at this stage

Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information