I think the problem is the actual durability of the buildings, in CE mod even a humble bolter can eventually bring down a building, id say just increse HP or armor rating of a building to make it more durable
I think the problem is the actual durability of the buildings, in CE mod even a humble bolter can eventually bring down a building, id say just increse HP or armor rating of a building to make it more durable
Regarding maps, once the races are done I will be adding custom maps based on the battles described in Imperial Armor and conversions of the popular maps from DoW 1.
OOO, which Imperial Armour? I have them all, and it would be nice to see what ones you intend to use?
My number one priority for campaign/new map projects is to get the Siege of Vraks implemented into CE. The Doom of Myrmea is my second fav.
Are IG going to be available soon?
The Emperor protects.
Courage and Honor!The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!
You should put in a "seige" mode in CE and have an attacking side kill a HIV or destroy a certain thing and have defenders "hold the line". Doomsday beach on the maps of war is a good 40k d-day map
Are the lascannons on the Land Raider working correctly? I watched a Land Raider shooting a base and only every fourth lascannon hit did some damage.
And Blessing of the Omnissiah isn't working. It didn't heal the vehicle.
Problems with CSM, now i know Chaos isn't implemented yet, but this is for future references that won't need play testing to find out.
Global: some globals are unusable, others are just rubbish, should really change majority of chaos globals
CL: Terminator armor costs too much for what it actually is
PC: Should get termie armor upgrade, "manreaper" im sure shuma has a model for it, in general terms of nurgle army the blessing of nurgle should heal instantly, rather than over time
Sorcerer: Extremely squishy and some spells dont work, dosen't do enough damage with any thing even doombolt dosen't kill any eldar
Heretics: Provide no battlefeild role at all, too squishy to engage in combat (nor do they do any damage even if they were engaged) buying nade launchers is the only way to use them effectivley as their doomblast dosen't suppress
CSM squads: ARE NOT GETTING POWER ARMOR STATISTICS!!!! Scout shotguns easily tore through them like paper, should get bayonets on their weapons
Havoks: In general are pretty balanced besides the fact that their also suffer from power armor problem, mark of nurgle should give them decreased weapon set up along with health, Khorne gives them more melee resistance, Tzeench gives mroe acuracy and damage, Slaanesh allows them to sprint and have no set up time for a duration
Raptors: Don't deal enough damage, power armor problem affects their durability, have no real upgrades to combat infantry of vehicles
Bloodletters: one word, SHAMEFUL, for a demon you'd expect some sort of poweress, with them they get cut down way too damn fast and don't deal damage to average tacs
Rhinos: Firing ports don't work, do you even have firing ports incorporated? Increase overall durability and add daemon possession upgrade
Faction exclusive units: Khorne breserkers are fine in terms of damage, although power armor problems affect their survivability, plague marines need to get a "plague shot clicky" and it does damage over time, make plague much much much more durable, power armor is still an issue, Rubric marines need to be a ton more shooty, power armor needs to be fixed as well.
GUO: make it more of a equivalent to a "fat" avatar
Termies: need more damage and overall durability
They're not in the game yet. The chaos update will be after IG/Nids in a week or two. They will have the same stats "under the hood" as loyalist SM, so use the current SM heroes and troops as the baseline standard for what chaos will be like. Demons will be carapace level armor, but have a chance to avoid 10% of incoming shots just like terminators. There will be special anti-daemon/psyker weapons and powers like Null Zone and the Daemon Hammer, as well as special synergy between the new Chaos globals and the Marks of Chaos of a particular god - for example, units with Mark of Nurgle can carry blight and spread it to other units, but take no damage from it. Plague marines heal within the Plague Cloud while it's active.
Siege of Vraks eh?
Wont that mean you need Malcadors and Macharius? In addition, wont chaos cultists need to be more various.
The Traitor Vraksian Militia could actually be added as a light infantry seperate squad while chaos cultists can be made more diverse, depends on if gabe would be willing to do it though, but those are just my two cents
Damn It Ravenor, im a chaos worshipper, not a loyalist
They mapped for our sins: http://mapsofwar.info/
Nice to know gabe, i have a army list too some where along the fourm, you should see how that would work
I have been thnking bout the PC and PM (If i ever fallen to chaos it would be Nurgle) I do like the idea of the PC getting termi armor. that would be sick....(prolly a bad term to use when your talking about nurgle) Why not give PM a melee weapons. Powerfists would be cool. I would like them to be slowed down quite a bit. When i messed around with them. they seemed to move quite quick for decaying lumps of flesh right?
A few thing i wanna show and ask about.
Dev Seargent (It would be cool if you did this!!!)
What about Nurgle dreads like these?
Now you see, Here at the Imperium of Man. We only use, propane fueled Promethium. Thats a flame burning heretic i tell you Hwat!
There is such thing as a nurgle infested dude in termie armor, his name is typhus, which i think should replace the PC model once he gets termie upgrade and can get shuma's manreaper
Nurgle dreads like that would take forever to texturise and make
plague marines in general should get the PC's power weapon upgrade, that would be so sick
@Zoggfist i know that there are Nurgle termies, its just that nobody has implemented it into any mod, besides Shumas Plague Lord changing the Chaos lord over to it. But thats what i ment. I am sure either Horus or Shuma, hell i am sure that Shadowninja could make a nurgle dread.
Would take hella time, im not against it im just skeptical about the work that needs to be put into it, but hell if i can be implemented into CE that would be cool
Chaos god themed terminators will be in, but dreads don't get marks of chaos in 5e.
Ok, if anyone is serious about testing the mod, talk to me in steam please.
Also they shouldn't come into the chat if they don't want to play codex. What is the point of showing us you don't want to play codex because you are playing something else?
Last edited by SmokingJoeNL; 28th Feb 12 at 7:43 AM.
Aswome news ! New Tyra models are being released lately and its the Tyrannofex / Tervigon models xD
Great new pictures and 360° views are up and I will use them and TRY to get some models for them done...I also asked a friend of mine ( hes a professional modeller ) wether or not he could make us some tyranid WINGS ( for Warriors or HT even ) and he said he will make em ^^ so I hope there are new nids models to come in the future
That would be great, as wings are sorely needed for warriors and the HT. I also need deathspitters for the Warriors and the Carnifex, bone swords and lash whips for the Warriors and HT, a Tyranid Prime, a venomthrope, a pyrovore, biovore, hive guard, tyrannofex, tervigon, trygon and mawloc. If we could get them all you'd see the most awesome representation of tyranids in all of gaming.
hmmm Deathspitter should not be much of a problem whyn modding any other weapons...bonesword could be "stolen" from hive lord...whips could be hard to make i guess...especially the animations....lets see
The bone sword for the hive tyrant would look different than the one for the swarmlord though. Also I did want to pair it with a lash whip.
why different? biomorphs are mutations with a fixed code for every tyra creature...there are no differences ^^
Boneswords and bonesabres are different, check out the designs in the new codex.
Just signed up to the forum to say damn good job old chaps. Really looking forward to seeing your Tyranid and IG releases as they are my favourite races. I was very disappointed when there were no winged 'nids in the base game, I had really hoped at least the HT could get them as an upgrade. I have only played vs. AI games so far to get used to the new units, and if anything the Eldar seem a little weak in comparison to Space Marines and Orks, but I'll give you some proper feedback once I've tried them out more in human matches. Once again, great job!
Edit: also, as a suggestion for the 4th commander for 'nids (if you do implement them.) I would love to see a psyker, perhaps the Doom of Malan'tai. It's Spirit leech could work similarly to the Warphead's 'Eadbanger ability, and as it deals damage, it could store it and release it in the same way as the Mekboy's electric armour in the campaign to represent it's cataclysm ability. Just something I would love to see, obviously I have no idea how it would fit balance wise, or even what upgrades it could have.
Last edited by WasteofBiomass; 28th Feb 12 at 1:12 PM.
I want to keep my beloved LA plz dont kill that awsome hero -.-
Lictor Alpha, or more appropriately named Death Leaper, will remain as a Tyranid commander.
Hey for the defiler there was one in soulstorm, perhaps you could use same model and animations, just "retribution-ize" it, hell yes i just made my own word!
sorry Zog we cant use the defiler model from Soulstorm cause its rilic made and we cant use company made stuff from any other games except we have the permision from of there respectiv owners even if its the same game series
Balance Roundup 1.6.1 (Orks):
- All Walkers need to deal more damage to Commanders. It is to easy for many Commanders to tank Walkers and get a solid kill without really being in danger.
- Reduce Damage taken while on retreat. Things die a lot during retreat. I think this is more important than a 10% Damage resistance against ranged attacks. Most of the time one has to retreat pretty soon and with a lot of HP left, to get out alive.
- Give all Tanks a 10% Melee Resistance.
- Move FC's Thunderhammer and Chaplain's Powermaul to T3. These (and the FC's Lightning Claw) are still the only weapons that are taken. Since they are available in T2, there is no need to spend money on other weapons. Furthermore, they are the best Anti-Tank Weapons available for SM in T2, making it unnessassary to build any other Anti Tank units. Moving both upgrades to T3 would open up more possibilities for the enemy and for the SM player.
Heroes: Weirdboy > Warboss > Mek (general opinion)
Balanced (my opinion)
Metagame Trivia: I seem to be the only one who acutally likes the Mekboy. He could need some buffs, but in general he is the most versatile Ork Hero.
- Slugga Boys (Medium): Sluggas are kinda are good to have, but you really don't need them, since shoota boys are more useful later on (Rokkits to help Orks against vehicles). There is no need to change Sluggas big time, but a small damage buff in melee and an upgrade option to give the Nob a Powerclaw or a better hammer would be great to make sluggas more useful later on.
- Shoota Boys (Useful): Shootas are the backbone of every Ork horde right now. All upgrades are good. The Big Shoota is good, but it gets overshaded by the need for AV in T2. If Orks gets more rokkit options, this problem will be solved.
- Burna Boys (Low): Burnas are good on paper, but bad in practise. They cost a lot and die rather quickly. As already suggested, lower cost to 320/0, make Nob available in T1 and increase Fire Resistance a bit further (since they get roasted quickly by other flamers).
- Nobs (Low): NObs are like Burnas. They look good on paper, but when it comes down to practical use, they are slow, sluggish, mess up Ork Build Order and do not really kill stuff. Reduce cost to 350/0. This will make them a better alternative and it is not desastrous, if you loose the squad.
- Stormboys (Useful): Stormboys are good, though they seem to be more resistant against Supression than Sluggas. It could be because of the jump. Make them invulnerable during jump, but not supression resistant. The bomba man upgrade is kinda mandatory, so I'm not sure what to do with it.
- Loota (Useful): Lootas are very useful. When the red cost is removed, the squad can be included in good Ork builds.
- Tank Busta (Useful): I personally dislike Tank Bustas, but they are useful. The Melta bomb equivalent is hard to use, because Tank bustas are slow and have a hard time to close on vehicles. But it prevents Walker to charge in.
- Deff Dread (Useful): The Deff Dread is very powerful in melee vs. Infantry and is often underestimated by enemies. He is rarely seen, because he has no AV options. When this changes, he will be seen more often.
- Trukk (Mandatory): I'm not really happy with the Trukk, because there is no choice to make for Orks to build a Trukk. You need it. I'm not sure how to solve this problem. Orks probably needs another option to reinforce in the field besides the Trukk.
- Kommandos (Useful): A very good unit. I see them more often now. They are also very good to help killing enemy heroes.
- Looted Tank (Medium): Although the Looted Tank is a strong allrounder, he lacks specialization against tanks, which is needed in T3. This is not a huge problem, but makes the Looted Tank just medicore.
- Battlewagon (Low): The Battlewagon is by far the weakest Super unit. It needs other Ork units to use all it's weapons, which hinders the other Ork units to use their native weapons (like rokkits). The Battle Wagon should be able to reinforce squads and needs a larger array of weapons and more clickies to wreak Chaos. It does not need to deal insane damage, but it should at least disrupted the enemy line. The ability to kill tanks is king in T3. Having a huge vehicle that eats your own troops and deals medium damage is just not great.
- Mega Nobz (Useful): Mega Nobz deal good damage, but are still not as useful as Assault Terminators. This is because the lack of teleport (which is ok). But the real reason why Mega Nobs are so hard to use is because your own boys stands in their way. Since they lack teleport it would be good to have a charge ability to go through enemy troops to the juicy things they hide behind.
- Flash Gitz (Medium): Before I forget it: Remove red cost from Flash Gitz weapon upgrades. Flash Gitz got a lot better since the buff. They are just medium useful because they have only one upgrade, Orks need in T3 = The beamy Guns. Anti Infantry weapons are just not really needed in T3. I suggest to increase the range of the Dakka Guns, making them long Range support and make the explosive shot deal solid anti tank damage.
- Bang Bang Hammer (Medium): The Bang Bang Hammer is not a bad weapon, but the Warboss needs Powerklaw in T2, so spending anything in T1 that is not absolutely necessary seems like a waste of money. Making the hammer upgrading his stomp to Stun might help. We will see. Maybe increase the buff the hammer gives on hit as well, to make it more like a COmmander item instead of the PowerKlaws raw power.
- Power Klaw (Mandatory): If you chose the Warboss, you chose Power Klaw. IMO the Warboss needs a third weapon. Either a big choppa, which is a power weapon and grants a good ability (Stab 'em good or which has the chance to teleport the enemy around like in the Last Stand) or a ranged upgrade to either Kustum Mega Blasta or just a upgrade to increase damage output on the standard shoota and makes it deal more courage damage.
- Cybork Parts (Medium): I like the item in general, but it has a minor flaw, that the +50 Energy is not needed, since the Warboss has not enough abilities to choose from. Creating a third weapon with an ability would be a wonderful synergy.
- Spiky Armour (Low): The Spikey Armour is not very useful right now, but that might change, when more Horde Races are coming. So we will see.
- 'Eavy Armour (Useful)
- Angry Bitz (Useful)
- Boss Pole (Useful)
- Trophy Rack (Useful).
First of all, I think the Weirdboy has the worst collection of wargear weapons. Not because its not useful, but because you need it to make him useful. So buying these Wargear is not a choice. I strongly recommend to create at least one additional weapon for the Weirdboy (i.e. Rod to increase the AoE Radius of his Lightning attack; a Rod to call temporary slugga Boys; a Rod to call a big Waaagh which increases the speed of all units in a large radius; a Rod which leeches energy on ranged hit etc.).
- Frazzle Rod (Mandatory): This is probably the first upgrade a Ork player with the Weirdboy gets.
- Zzap Rod (Mandatory): In T2 you get the Zzap Rod as well to combat vehicles. No choice here at all. Besides that the Zzap Rods standard Artillery attack needs a buff. It does not knock down infantry and deals nearly no damage to vehicles.
- Bitz of Mork (Useful)
- Bigga Brains (Useful)
- Warphead (Useful)
- Over There (Low): Remove red cost! This ability is hard to use and since right now Ork armies are ranged centric, one does not need this. But this might change when Burnas and Nobs are cheaper.
- Guts of Mork (Medium): Remove red cost!
- Foot of Gork (Useful): Remove red cost! THe radius indicator seems to be misleading since the actual damage is dealt in a far smaller radius. So either reduce the size of the indicator or increase range of the damage.
The Mek is probably seen as the weakest Ork hero, since his initial combat prowess is near to non. His dakka damage is far lower than the standard ranged damage of the Weirdboy and the Mek can't even really bind enemy squads in melee, since he is really squishy. He seems to be a supporting hero, but he cannot support in the first couple of engagements (although he is a incredible capper). I would suggest to grant him the "Aiming wats dat?" Ability from the start, so he can supress one squad and makes him more supportive in combat. This has the nice side effect, that he will stop teleporting around to cap the whole map, since he needs the energy to supress something. Furthermore the Mek needs a third armour that grants him Energy. At first the Mek needs near to no Energy but later on he starves for energy but has no chance to get some.
- Flamer (Useful)
- Deff Gun (Medium)
- Kustom Megablaster (Medium)
- Beamy Deffgun (Low): This weapon needs to be T2 and it's setup and teardown time needs to be reduced. Or maybe just replace it with the Rokkit Launcher from the vanillia Kommando Nob Hero.
- 'Ave a Taste (Medium): With reduced cost on Nob Squads this wargear will become more useful. Make it possible to heal vehicles as well with Ave a Taste.
- Mega Rumblah (Useful)
- Mines (Medium)
- Kustom Force Field (Medium): Remove red cost!
- Beamy thing (Medium): Remove red cost!
To be continued...
Anybody got a mirror other than filefactory for 1.61
I will upload it somewhere else, when you can name me charge free server. The file is around 250 MB.
let me know where u uploaded it
it's a pain to get anything off filefactory or nearly impossible been trying for 3 hours
Desperate to play as anything but SM, Orks and Eldar!
Looks like it won't be done tonight, but I am working on Chaos now and it's going to be like this:
Mark of Khorne: Timed activation, 12 or 15 seconds, works like ATSKNF does now but does not cancel retreat. Grants instead, a 20% melee damage bonus and +1 speed while active.
Khorne Worship: Grants +5% melee damage, +1 % melee skill, +1 speed, some energy regen and small hp regen. Demons get bigger bonuses, including a significantly better hp and energy regen. Worship grants less hp/energy regen to normal units than the SM Command Squad's chapter banner, but it's cheap on cultists and you can have multiple squds covering a larger area. Worship bonuses do not stack with themselves. Units with Mark of Khorne gain +1 weaponskill as well.
Chaos Globals of Khorne: T1- Bloodlust, T2 - Blessing of the Blood God, T2 - Blood Sacrifice, T3 - Deepstrike Khorne Terminators, T3 - Empyrial Abyss
Bloodlust - grants the whole army the equivalent of Battlecry. Units with Mark of Khorne will recover HP on a kill (like Berzerkers) and gain the equivalent of Improved Battlecry. These bonuses stack with Mark of Khorne and Mark of Chaos Undivided. Lasts 15 seconds. Maximum buff from Bloodlust is 20% damage bonus, 25% for units with Mark of Khorne. Applies to melee attacks only.
Blessing of the Blood God - Similar to the Chaplain's Angels of Death, this makes one squad invincible but inflicts Dreadnought Rage on them, and they are out of the player's control. They get big bonuses and will still lose hp, but won't lose models until the ability ends. It also forces melee stance and grants a charge bonus. Units with MoK get their MoK damage bonus automatically added to the frenzy effects (essentially it activates MoK for the duration, even if it was on cooldown or the unit had no energy - Khorne directly "touches" their souls). Frenzied units can be knocked down but cannot be suppressed and will almost certainly not receive special attacks from enemy units, as it provides a strong weaponskill bonus. Runs the risk of a frenzied unit winding up deep behind enemy lines and with 15 hp left (the invuln threshold) when the ability runs out, leading to possible "after action" squad wipes - a serious risk.
Total bonus possible with MoK running, Khorne Worship and Bloodlust = 150% of base melee damage with +1 weaponskill. The only way to get higher bonuses than this is with Icon of Khorne on the Chaos Lord, which provides another +1 weaponskill, a longer charge range, +5% melee damage, and +10% damage resistance to the units near the Chaos Lord.
Khorne is the king of close combat.
Mark of Nurgle: Still debating on final bonuses, but the self-heal clicky will definitely stay. MoN grants 50hp per model and -0.5 or -1 movement speed and 25% suppression resistance.
Nugle Worship: This will provide a healing radius similar to the SM Apothecary. Units with Mark of Nurgle heal faster, are immune to suppression within its radius, and regen energy as well. Nurgle Demons get similar damage and healing bonuses to what Khorne demons get from Khorne worship, except they do not get speed bonuses - they get damage resist. Nurgle worship is defensive and focused on toughness and out-lasting the enemy, rather than quickly chopping them up.
Chaos Globals of Nurgle: T1 - Touch of Nurgle, T2 - Summon Plague Bearers (not in yet), T2 - Plague Cloud, T3 - Deepstrike Nurgle Terminators, T3 - Empyrial Abyss
Touch of Nurgle: The AoE will grant full hp and 15 energy restoration to units with MoN, so every unit that dies with a "pop" will heal allied units for a decent amount, and heal units with MoN to full with bonus energy gain. MoN cast on Nurgle units will last 5 seconds longer and make them immune to suppression while they go to their deaths with glee.
Plague bearers are slow, tougher than Bloodletters vs normal weapons, can phase but not teleport, and deal AOE poison damage. Their weapons are not power weapons, but they do great DoT and snare infantry with their plague swords. They can tarpit an entire swarm and explode on death like Plague Marines. Vulnerable to being shot up unless they waste their Phase on approach, and without support are fairly easy to see coming and avoid or gun down. Thus, they are best used in flanking maneuvers, in chasing ranged troops around, and especially when deep-striking directly into or behind a ranged army.
Plague Cloud - This ability is easier to spot now, but is similar to the way it works in vanilla. It deals friendly fire damage, unless the units have Mark of Nurgle - in which case it has a minor healing effect and reduces incoming ranged damage like Smoke Grenades. Plague Marines and Demons of Nurgle also are healed/protected by the cloud while it is active. The cloud has a negative effect on enemy units' ranged accuracy and deals constant damage over time.
Nugle is the hardest to drive off the battlefield.
Mark of Tzeentch: This is a toughie. I wanted it to synergize with Curse of Tzeentch, so the only "active" buff you get while it is runnign is a 10% chance to avoid damge like terminators get, and a 10% damage bonus - a fairly balanced buff for the Lord of Change.
Tzeentch Worship: Grants energy regen, small hp regen, 10% ranged damage bonus. Any ideas on further effects for this? I don't like mass invis for a t1 worship power.
Chaos Globals of Tzeentch: T1 - Curse of Tzeentch, T2 - Summon Horrors (not in yet) T2 - Mass Teleport, T3 - summon Tzeentch Termies, T3 - Empyrial Abyss
Global warpfire is out, since it will go on the Warpfire staff instead.
Curse of Tzeentch: Acts like Mark Target, enemy takes 10% more damage and suppression damage, and units with MoT (even if it is not active) have a chance to crit units under the Curse with bolter/basic weapons and melee attacks. A crit deals aoe damage and suppression in a burst of chaos energy, and units under the Curse also explode, dealing aoe damage and knockback to nearby units as well. Units with Mark of Tzeentch drain energy in melee from units under the Curse, and on death the explosion does no damage to Mark of Tzeentch units - but rather recovers a large amount of their energy and makes them immune to suppression for 8 seconds. Cannot be cast on allied units, of course, so it functions opposite to Touch of Nurgle.
Horrors will be able to teleport but not phase, they are ranged units that deal aoe/dot damage to all targets (even vehicles) with Warp Fire. Their projectiles will be similar to the Librarian's avenger staff (exploding fireballs). They have melee resistance, since they are demons and have strange physiology, but have low melee skill and normal melee damage. They are, of course, vulnerable to melee and don't explode on death or anything.
Tzeentch is difficult to out-shoot or out-maneuver, especially if he has worshippers in the right places. Close combat is not his forte, but he can cast Curse of Tzeentch on his enemies if they make it into CC and turn the tide to a degree, if his own units have Mark of Tzeentch.
Chaos Marks: Any unit can take the Mark of his leader's god, or the Mark of Chaos Undivided. They cannot take marks of chaos gods other than their leader, nor can their cultists worship other gods.
Chaos Undivided: This is a Mark of Chaos that provides 20% ranged resist and suppression break for its duration. It cannot be used to break retreat.
Chaos will not get a "retreat breaker" since they do not have the "and they shall know no fear" trait in the Codex. Also, in the fluff, chaos is not particularly loyal or self-sacrificing; their powers are strong but tend to be selfish and demonic in nature, not noble or heroic.
New Chaos Units
The vanilla heretic squad is replaced with Cultists, who will eventually have a look appropriate to their patron chaos god.
Chaos Cultist: 8 men with carapace armor, equivalent to IG vets. Armament = lasgun or autogun, can worship and set up shrines. They aren't "trash cultists" like in dow1, but actual chaos initiates of some quality, similar to the adepts presented in Dark Heresy and Black Crusade. They are still fodder, and don't get special weapon upgrades like Guardsmen do.
Cultist leaders: These die last and can specialize the squad.
Arch Heretic - this is an evil arch-militant, strong hp, heavy carapace armor and grants grenade launchers to the squad. He dies last and has a tainted auspex, allowing him to detect infiltrators. Improves ranged damage to be competitive with IG vets.
Dark Mechaicus Adept/Heretek - this guy is an evil tech priest, similar to the Samech hereteks. He's tougher than the arch-militant, and has a servo-arm. He can repair vehicles faster, can heal vehicles, and can build various turrets like the tech-priest or Techmarine. He improves the squad's lasguns, but does not give them GL or any special weapon.
Mutate Heretics: This causes the cultist squad to hover in the air and be infused with the power of Chaos. After a brief duration, during which they are vulnerable, they are transformed into large mutants with more hp and better melee stats. Their weapons are melee implements and mutated limbs. Now they are a new squad, and can Doomblast, still build shrines and worship, and they can get the following upgrades:
Aspiring Champion - the CSM champ dies last and is very strong, the strongest leader you can add to a heretic/cultist squad. Has a chainsword and bolt pistol.
Warp-tainted weaponry - arms the CSM with a power sword, and the heretics now get warpfire/chaos magic damage added to their melee attacks, making them a threat to heavy infantry - even SM/CSM. Previously they were more of a threat to swarms with doomblast and their weapons did less damage to heavy armor. While still not as good as a Raptor squad, they are a cheap and potent threat to enemies in melee, plus they can still worship.
Chaos Shrines - will all produce temporary demons of the appropriate type, and act as a forward base for demon units only. That is, demons of the appropriate god can heal/regen energy and reinforce near shrines. They cost 200/20 and 5 pop, limit 3. Destroying the shrine will destroy any temporary demons it spawned.
So that is what I am working on. What do you think?
Last edited by Gabriel Gorgutz; 4th Mar 12 at 1:23 PM.
I think there should be disadvantages to the marks as well. (For example) Choose Khorne and your CC-abilities are better, but you marksmanship suffer under the urge to close with the enemy and collect skulls for the skull throne.
HERESY! Where is Slaanesh? :3
Slaanesh will be in once 4th commanders are in. After all 6 existing races and their commanders are done.
slaanesh will folow wehn 4th comander works cause chaos armis are based on wich champ u pick but be sure IT will come
Edit:lol silmultaniusly answer
I believe that slaanesh will close the gap between Khorne and Tzeench as codex-wise they can shoot AND assault, being proficient in both...
Propositions for 1.62
Eldar reinforcement gates get increased from ? to 100
Scout snipers dont fire a volly as fast, more of a 1..2..3..4..5, instead of 184.108.40.206.5 (as small squad light infantry units, such as scouts, get raped in a single volley)
Nobs need more toughness, and preset meaner 'n greener ability, leadership qualities (suppression resistant, inspirations on kills)
Warboss's hammer needs more dps, make it similar to klaw but more of an infantry killer as i can swing faster but won't do as much damage on vehicles
Cybork armor gets Big stomp
Tacs get their rocket launchers back, tacs get chains swords and bolt pistols upgrade to make them CC friendly
Devies cost 450 req instead of 500 req
Stormboys are a little bit more choppy and tougher than their slugga counter parts
Big shoota upgrade allows them to damage heavy infantry, as well as suppression
Libby's smite gets more AOE, the power remains the same, it just affects more units
Eldar guardian suppression plats need to be "economized" so its not so spammy
Sorry this isn't in order of races
Last edited by WarlordZoggfist; 4th Mar 12 at 11:19 PM.
stormboys are tough as hell a lot tougher than sluggas and the thing with there bug supp immunity needs to be fixed think of them as the gratest pain in the ass orcs has on t1 right now
Put a limit on how many Carnifexs can be built... Played some Vinilla for shits ang giggles and was getting creamed by 6-7 damn fexes...
Master Flagg that's at least 2 fexes for a team of 3 nid armies, in vanilla them being a t3 unit makes them a tank or terminator equivalent in most cases. Plus fexes already take up a good 30+ pop each which doesn't really work out for a swarm army. The number of fexs should'nt be capped in CE although idk who in their right mind would ever spam fexes when you can only have 3 on the field when you have an entire selection of artillery (zoanthropes) and beast melee (genestealers), in the addition of them costing biomorph and the t2 versions being as good as maybe an organic walker
I was fighting the CPU. the reason for these, is that i can not connect to steam, because of recent computer problems. also it doesnt help that i cant logon to my mediacom email for whatever reason either. But shit happens.
@Gab, Can you increase the rate of sync kills? that would be badass if you did so
@On Eldar Webways:
Eldar Webways are strong, but to increase the red cost would mess up their MU vs. Space Marines. Eldar need early Webways against SM, but they push back Orks to easily with it. This is a problem because Orks rely on T1 and T2 to win the game. As soon as Eldar or SM hits T3, Orks start to get pushed back. When Eldar can hold their ground on T1 and T2 with Webways and still fast tech, this is major problem for Orks. Increasing the Red is not the solution. IMO, since this problem is very specific and only occurs in the Eldar vs Ork MU. Their are different solutions to it. Either Orks need a forward reinforcement opportunity in T1 too (which might be too strong), or the refinforcement time of Guardian Squads need to increase by around 50% (so it's much harder to win a War of Attrition against Orks) or the refund of Eldar Guardians have to be reduced, so Attrition costs Eldar more req and preventing them to fast build Generators. Right now Eldar are more Orky than Orks, because of infinate reinforcement.
@On Shurican Cannon Platforms:
I think they are fine, since Eldar really need them against every race and it is a very Eldar like way to fight. They do not deal insane damage and are more annoying then dangerous. The reason why Shurican Cannons are perceived as so strong is because of Webways, so it seems like they are invulnerable. When GU bleed more req or reinforcement time is increased, this problem will be solved and Jump infantry can dislodge Platforms more easily. If the cost of Platforms are increased, increasing power is not the way, since this only delays the appearance of plats a little bit. It's req, that needs to be increased (like to 75/15). Eldar can build Generators earlier than any other race because of Fleet of Foot capping power, fast reinforcement and nearly no req bleed.
i generaly dont think that nerfing eldar is the right way to fix that problem cause they feel pretty good right now vs SM maby incrasing reinforcement time of GU would make sense but i think we should focus on incrasing reinforcement of orcs like double reinforce on t1 or decrasing reinforce time for fooder units the teleporta plates will help them for sure but there should be very vurnable to enemy fire so they souldnt be able to be build on the direct front orcs should swarm the front take heavy looses pull back a bit and come back with MOAR
is there an eta on the next patch yet? that one will just have ig and nids yeh? and when can we expect chaos to be done? im not even fussed about dedicated deamons would just be nice to have some more variation in games apart from sm :P
I uploaded a fix for ork costs, weirdboy abilities, and a few other things like rangers getting stuck. It seems to work now, so give it a try. Link is on the front page.
This is NOT 1.7, just a quick bug fix.
Also, Nightwing's upkeep idea is implemented, so give that a try and tell me what you think.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)