Runing homeworld 2 on windows 7

Runing homeworld 2 on windows 7

Hi homeworlders.... I am having problems running homeworld 2 on win 7... I have tried evrything and nothing works....

Ive tried:

-Running as administrator...
    -cmd command "debedit" (i think thats how the name is)
    -compatibility mode, and frankly im getting annoyed...xD

Could anyone post here to help me (and quite possibily other players) what to do to make it run on win7?

Ill give you a cookie.....xD *shakes the cookie jar*

-cheers
    Nuno Saldanha
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/homeworld3tobe
    Sign this plz...............that if u want HW3 on stores......

watch my modeling galery.... http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/NunoDRKS/

My problem with this was that Homeworld 2 Didnt want to run on the default drivers that windows 7 installs, if you are running on those drivers still try updating your drivers to one from the manufacturers web site

do u have a link?

HW2 gives me driver issues on windows 7, a number of incorrect warning screens on startup, but otherwise runs. I have no idea how to get it running if my situation was worse.

Core2 6600 @ 2.40ghz
    4gb Ram
    Nvidea GeForce 7950 GT

Doesn't windows 7 have a virtual machine to run homeworld 2 on?

----> Doesn't windows 7 have a virtual machine to run homeworld 2 on?

yah but it runs very slowlike, and i found the solution to the problem sometime a while back. Now this might not make sense but ill try to make sense. Windows runs off executable files and .dll files which i dont know what they stand for. Homeworld needs some of the .dll files that xp had or i think its just the DIRECT X. Try updating direct x or installin the old direct x in order to make it work...i messed around with it enough and it works fine on my quadcore pc

BTW this might be the wrong place to post this but...how do u quote someone?

use QUOTE in tags, like [ quote ] [/ quote ]

i just like to say i FINALY got it to work... after some tweaking in cmd i finaly managed to play a decent game...

I just would like to say thanks to everyone involved in helping me....

Really THX guys.....

nothing more to add....

Cheers

-Nuno Saldanha (freelance modeler)

9. Forum Subscriber  #9
    I'd like to point out to anyone having these issues that it is imperative to ensure you have the most recent drivers and updates before troubleshooting. In order to effectively ask for help, you also need to provide a DxDiag textdump and any warnings.log textdumps that are generated for specific troubleshooting.

Once your solution is identified, please post it so that others who are smart enough to search will find it without having to post another thread.

hmm never had problems with hw2 and win7... but i replaced the graphics driver with one from the ati homepage.

Yeah, thats what fixed my problem, well before my hard-drive bursted into flames... i am back on windows xp, so yep... but hey, now when i get windows 7 back, well atleast for my new machine, i can just do that than messing around for 7 hours.

Do you Remember Love?

Thread Information