Welcome to the Warhammer 40k: Space Marine section of the RelicNews forums. Please take a moment to look over the section guidelines before posting.
- All of the rules of the RelicNews forums still apply, and will be enforced by the Space Marine moderation staff. If you aren't familiar with the RelicNews rules, they can be found here. Pay particular attention to the Posting Guidelines.
- The section is for the discussion of Warhammer 40k: Space Marine ONLY. If you wish to discuss other Relic games, please do so in their appropriate sections of the forum. If you wish to discuss non-Relic games, please use the Gamer's Lounge.
- Use the search function (located in the user toolbar near the top of the screen) to make sure that you aren't posting a thread about a topic that's already being discussed. This is especially important when posting news items. Duplicate threads will be locked.
- Post responsibly. Try to keep discussions here civil, and avoid posting direct or indirect insults toward other members of the community or the developers of the game.
- No rants. Posts should have some content other than "Man, this friggin' sucks!" or "I lost so such-and-such is OP/UP/crap!" If you want to make a point about something in the game, make sure that your post is well thought out and has examples to support your point.
- Respect the opinions of others. You are allowed to like the game, and you are allowed to dislike the game. You are free to express either of these opinions. You are not free to do so in a way that derails threads or insults others, nor are you allowed to consistently make posts that serve no purpose other than to express how much you love or hate the game.
- Don't backseat moderate. If you feel that a thread should be locked or that another member is behaving inappropriately, use the report button () to inform the forum staff of the problem. Don't take it upon yourself to give instructions in the thread.
- No console vs. PC debates. At all. This has been discussed to death and always results in an argument, and any "consoles suck!", "PC's suck!", or "consoles/PC's are better than PC's/consoles" posts (or threads) will be treated as rants and deleted/locked accordingly. The only possible exception to this rule would be a direct comparison of the PC version of the game to the console version, and even then it must be restrained to actual facts about the two versions.
Until the game is released, the Warhammer 40k: Space Marine forum will consist of a single forum for general discussion topics. Once the game has been released, additional subforums may be added as needed.
Contacting Relic Entertainment
While some of the staff from Relic and THQ do visit this forum occasionally, we are a volunteer-run fan site that has no official affiliation with the company. If you would like to contact Relic directly or have issues that you specifically want brought to their attention, you will be more likely to get a response by e-mailing them or using the contact form at the Relic Entertainment website.
Thanks for taking the time to review these guidelines. Here's hoping that you enjoy your time here in the Warhammer 40k: Space Marine section.