The "Receive Wargear" thingy

1. Tabletop Senior Member  #1

The "Receive Wargear" thingy

It happens that you got two chances of getting a free weapon in the campaign by donating some sort of stuff, but do anyone know what it's going to give, to be precise?
    And usually what will you give this chance to?

I found I'm in grief since I didn't get the Neverending Hail of Destruction in the imported campaign but I wasn't sure if I should risk it.:-/
    LET THE GALAXY BURN!! IRON FOR THE IRON GOD!
    Arise, my Iron Legionnaires!!
    Only argue with me about 40K gaming after reading this, about Tau after this, this and this, and about Space Marines after that.Remember!

2. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #2
    I give it to whatever squad is lacking in weapons of the type that the shiny little donating trinket gives. There is no way to know for sure; I think it gives you a random item based on the squad you donate it to - however the type (Thunder Hammer, Plasma Gun, etc.) of item it gives you is outlined on the reward's description.

Actually THERE IS a way to know for sure what can you get.

Backup your savegame and donate. Restore the backup and donate gain and keep repeating. Eventually, you'll know all the available rewards.

Yeah, it's very not random. In some cases, you get a very specific unique item you can't get otherwise.

In other, you get a generic green that you can probably find elsewhere, but it's always going to be that generic green.

The second one you get gives Avitus a heavy bolter that is better, in terms of damage, than the Neverending Hail of Destruction. So switch to Avitus on the squad loadout screen, then donate the thing and you'll get the heavy bolter.

I used it on Tarkus in terminator armor and he got some piece of crap green stormbolter that only did 3 more damage than a white relic bolter, plus something like a 17% chance of an extra 38 damage.

Should have save haxxed.

the first gift of the artificers is almost always a bad item in my experience

So more point to give it to "lacking" squad - bad item is better than crap/no item at all
    "I know, within, you tremble and cry!"

GFWL Gamer Tag: DressedForDeath

if you wander through the data files it's actually fixed, what you get per squad.

RECEIVING WARGEAR, BIG SPOILER, READ AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY

Last edited by JackCrow; 23rd Mar 10 at 6:51 PM.

How dramatic of you, Jackcrow. I seen major plot points treated with less vodoo and reverence.

People did not pay for the game IMO for the few of us ready to experiment on it, spoil their experience by announcing everything.
    Also the thread does not have a spoiler tag on it, so people need to be made aware of spoilers before they venture in ( as several already happened ).

Different however people treat different things in different ways, some do it carefully, some do it fully, some are vague.

I did it in a way I'd like to see and read it, following the forum strict rules and proper hiding for it, in the end it is up to each and every one of us to find out for himself what treats are there, little help if stuck or uncertain can but not necessarily is a benefit.

People who get traumatized by finding out what gun they get 4 missions in generally learn to not read forums in the first place, but I digress, it was thoughtful of you.

spoiled stuff

15. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #15
    Yeah, I got that wargear. The squad in question I felt needed something decent (he was using a bog standard "white" version of the weapon) and the upgrade I got was just amazing.

1st one I dontated to Cyrus and got a pink sniper rifle. It was far superior to anything he had available, and since I have not come across a single shotgun, or a better rifle (that wasnt tainted)

So, I'm going to list out what the "Second Gift of Artificers" gave me. I have a feeling that this will be true for everyone.

Second Gift of Artificers

I don't have any save files with the other trade in items. I'll post them when I get them again. Unless, someone wants to post them.

18. Dawn of War II Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #18
    I love the dildo cannon Hirmetrium's Avatar
    Anybody used the armour and weapon upgrades too? I.E the "Titan" weapons gained from the Save Martellus mission? I figure they are also locked.

From my playing around, theres several "donate to receive stuff" things going on in the game.
    Below is the list, which I shall include items collected from certain.... targets of interest which you exterminate before the final mission.

Late game story/item trade ins

You should check out DoltsDay 2014, an epic adventure!

tarkus gives the blighted bolter that can be turned in for a blighted bolter that everybody can use (if he can use bolters)

Wargear

Jonah
    The Librarian's Snare - purple corrupt force staff
    for
    Deathmask Of Jonah Orion - purple assesory that does MASSIVE damage to nearby daemons and redeems squad.
    If you think things can't get any worse, it's probably because you lack sufficient imagination

I sure wouldn't mind having all of the items that aren't drops all in one thread.

If we can continue to fill out this thread and get all the information in one place, that would be great.

Spoiler

Nice

You beat me to it.

One thing I didn't know is that some of the items can actually appear as a drop. For instance, I got Mark of Exitus lvl 23 legendary sniper rifle as a drop. So, some of the items aren't unique to the trade in.

Very nice thread, very helpful. However, if someone could merge in the "colors" (green / blue / omgpurple), that would be even more helpful ;-)

Wait, what are these Salvaged Armor and Salvaged Weaponry exactly? I've played through CR twice as Pure and never found such things in either run...

You get them if you do the bonus objective when you rescue Martellus on Typhon. Martellus tells you there are some weapons round the corner and you have to kill a weirdboy and his retinue.

Oh that. I figured that was just for Redemption points, as I've tried to do it but it's tough to get there when Orks are pouring through that very opening needed to get to it, as well as some Chaos troops are near there also fighting Orks. I can't seem to do both that and main objective no matter what I try and do. Probably why I've never found them.

i dont get it how is it possible to get this here?
    Martellus' traitor item
    Gift of the Iron Traitor {Level 25 Purple Servo Arm}
    Can be traded in for
    Blade of Steel {Level 28 Purple Power Sword}

can he become a traitor too? without playing him?
    LSA|Eternal

--- I just noticed i posted the wrong info to thread ill delete if anyone wants me to. /threadjack

Easy way to farm those maps for wargear i found last night, Kinda of a cheat/glitch

Spoiler

Last edited by dingobite; 2nd Oct 10 at 6:22 PM.

Why the hell would you alt-tab? You can just quit regularly, it saves the item. Also:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...=1#post3859090

Shameless self-plug. Later post in that thread has most of the guaranteed Wargear.

Oh, and you are trying too hard dingo:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...tem-Farm-found)

Another shameless self-plug. Destroying buildings is far faster. Takes about a minute once you got the routine down.

@Misaki
    Don't corrupt any of your squads.

And just to complete the random dumping:

Traitor Wargear:

Spoiler

Interestingly enough, the Tarkus variant is the only Wargear you don't have to purify before using. You can select to use the Blighted Bolter rather than purifying it if you wish.

I haven't noticed you could trade in 'purify' traitor items. I will check it out.

Kind of ironic you can still use the blighted bolter if Tarkus is the traitor, given that the implication is it's the weapon that makes him fall.

Thread Information