Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Defunct Community Model Project

Defunct Community Model Project

Although the Community Model Project is now defunct, most of the previously released work is and will remain available here. As before, please be sure to include the proper credits for these works.

If the file does not contain credits or technical support is required, please inquire in The Armoury and someone should be able to help.
    Last edited by eliw00d; 22nd Jul 12 at 11:20 PM.

Nice work BTW!
    Last edited by sgt.davis; 10th Dec 10 at 3:31 AM.
    "SHIT!" "Watch your language soldier!" "It's not language! It's shit! Literally..."
    Life's a bitch... and then you die... so deal with it! Any questions?
    "I went outside once... the graphics were alright, but the gameplay sucked!"

My webhost might be doing maintenance on their servers, but it should work...

Also, I just had the idea of checking to see if trucks can be made canopy-less as well. More on that later tonight (when I get home from work).

Awesome!

5. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #5

@Celestial
    I cleaned out my inbox, by the way.

Kickass! Will the new half-tracks for example have to be re-skinned, or will they work with existing skins?

They are simple edits using the Community Object Editor, so they will not require new skins. You can actually see the default skin on the halftrack in the picture.

I've forgotten what the default skins looked like. Thnx for the answer though, means I can keep my skin collection.

Nice work Eli - glad to see you opened up a thread for this. Should definately help some people out
    RIP Loran Korn - a dear friend and as amazing a person as he was talented
    RIP MrScruff - you were a true friend and a true talent
    Normandy 44 : European Theater - Project Leader
    N44 ModDB Site
    N44 : ET Website - N44 XFire Community - N44 Guide
    CoH Mods - Waffen Mod
    Eastern Front - AI Coder/Asst Coder

hey do u no anyone modeling the m22 locust or m24 chaffe?

I modeled the chaffe, its stil waiting for import and locust was barely used. Also, did any1 found out on how to import hmg's on the existing tripods (like mg42 and change it to a diff weapon) ?
    And what does he Permanent MG and Shield mean? Also I could model some needed stuff on the models and try to uvmap on existing skin, so it wouldnt need too much work,.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 27th Mar 10 at 12:12 AM.

Very nice Eli! I have no idea who decided on canvas canopies for the halftracks back when CoH first came out but this needed a fix so bad. It always bugged the hell out of me to have halftracks rolling around with the top on. They are just such a strange sight.

@Aidas
    Does this mean you can slap an MG34 on the lafette? I made a proper lafette and its done skinned and all, I am not sure when its gonna be in the game but until then an MG34 HMG would be nice.
    Dev-Team member of Normandy 44
    Dev-Team member of Eastern Front

I dont know how to do that, therefore Im asking if any1 figured out.
    EDIT
    Also Eli I think Ive fixed up my max 8 didnt test the tools ye, but if I remember correctly they installed without erros, if you could do that ltitle tutorial on how to add the slots for soldiers I could test it.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 27th Mar 10 at 3:05 AM.

@Loran
    Probably just a shortcut method so that Relic wouldn't have to worry about combat slots. Same goes for the mesh canopies for the 22X series of armored cars, having cloth on top. Just a shortcut to avoid drawing the gunner. *shrugs*

16. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #16
    eliw00d, not to rush you, but do you have any ETA for the Halftrack?

17. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #17
    And what does he Permanent MG and Shield mean?
    Aidas, Currently the StuG IV loses it's MG and shield when the gunner dies. It's something i've tried to fix with modding, but without success.

I think the things i'm looking forward to the most is the 251 canopy toggle and passengers, rear MG on the 250 variants, and the StuG tank riders.

Good work so far Eli, you've certainly written one hell of a list for yourself. I look forward to seeing some of these soonish.

Ok, thx for clearing that up, havent even noticed that the shields dissapera when gunner dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Dosage
    Aidas, Currently the StuG IV loses it's MG and shield when the gunner dies. It's something i've tried to fix with modding, but without success.

I think the things i'm looking forward to the most is the 251 canopy toggle and passengers, rear MG on the 250 variants, and the StuG tank riders.

Good work so far Eli, you've certainly written one hell of a list for yourself. I look forward to seeing some of these soonish.
    Absolutely correct! In Fortress Europe, we toggle the loader position for the StuG, and the shield/MG disappearing upon toggle was quite annoying. We've had this in for a while now and it makes a huge difference. I'll need to polish it a bit for public release, as it could use some more work.

How eager are you guys for the passenger variants? I've been holding off on additional work as I wait for the new import scripts, but if there's enough demand for the passengers I can release my WIP build and update it later...

Also, the American halftrack has to wait until I find someone who can model a new turret ring mount. It is an illusion currently that is part of the canopy, there's nothing underneath.
    Last edited by eliw00d; 28th Mar 10 at 4:14 AM.

Also, the American halftrack has to wait until I find someone who can model a new turret ring mount. It is an illusion currently that is part of the canopy, there's nothing underneath.
    Import the turret mount from a different model, such as the sherman and model mix it into the halftrack. Should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbladecr
    Import the turret mount from a different model, such as the sherman and model mix it into the halftrack. Should work just fine.
    It's slightly more complicated than that:

But, I can give it a try (when the new import scripts are out).

Are you busy right now? I could use some help with the RGM Import, it keeps saying "Improper file format".

We, well i am very eager for all of those Sd.Kfz 251 updates you have done and i would like to have them but please take your time and don't rush anything.

Oh and keep up the great work!

You could ask Halftrack from BotB mod to borrow his Halftrack...

His halftrack is a skin job, not an OE job. It would create far more work for modders to make skins for his than mine. Also, the passengers lag in his, but do not in mine.

post your error, or go on irc so I can sort out your RGM import

hey eliw00d, thats a very nice job you've done on that halftrack.
    if no one has already, i could make that rear compartment you need for the schwimm. what exactly do you need? 2 extra seats?

anyways keep up the good work

I don't have a picture of the vCOH version to compare, but this should help:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/bluepr...n-type-166.gif

I've seen a few Kuebelwagen models floating around in the forums, would be nice to get those model mixed.

i don't know much about model mixing, but i just made a 4 seat model in a few minutes. here are 2 pics:

with canvas

without canvas

i had to delete a few parts to make room for the seats. and i changed the position of the grenades (i put them on the floor) it still looks a bit empty tho, i want to add more details but i fear it may cause clipping issues with the guys sitting in the seats.

also i didnt use objects from outside sources so i think the original textures can still be used, however the model needs to be scaled, and uvwmapped (i think)

From what I understand, model mixing involves alpha'ing the parts you intend to replace, and then adding a custom model to sit in their place. So, for the changes you made, I think you'd have to delete everything around what you did, or make it a separate group of meshes and apply Relic_No_Export.

But, holy crap is that awesome! Sturm will be delighted to see that as well.

there are a few technical problems tho. some that i can think of includes:
    -out of proportion, for some reason when i import RGMs the model starts out about 1/4000 of the size it should be. this obviously causes issues since we'll have schwimms that are different sizes.
    -needs to be retextured, uvwmapped and re-attached to its bone (these are also not imported when i import RGMs)

as a note: i made the seats attached to the main chassis along with the other seats, and obviously the hull/chassis. i actually deleted the box in the rear compartment. not sure if this may cause any issues.

Very nice Schwimmwagen, can't wait to do some drive-bys with Pioneer's MP40s!

Also how about a Kettenkrad passenger or two?

@opo
    What I mean by deleting everything around it is for the custom model to be a separate group from the rest of the Schwimm, and that the area you deleted would be alpha'ed from the texture, not the model. If that makes sense.

Like the M4A3(105) custom model, for instance, is actually only a new barrel, with the old barrel removed from the skin.

@Ninja
    Well, this isn't GTA IV, there won't be any drive-by shooting.

I had planned on the Kettenkrad originally, but forgot. Thanks for reminding me. Added it to the list.

My idea for passengers might be a bit complicated, but it would be to make new crew slots, like Driver02, Driver03, etc. so that they are all sitting down. The number of passengers displayed could also be controlled better that way, but I don't know if it's possible. I certainly would like an easier way to display seated passengers vice standing ones, but Relic didn't make it so easy for us (unless I'm missing something).
    Last edited by eliw00d; 28th Mar 10 at 6:43 PM.

if you'd like to take a look at the schwimm model in 3ds max, i can upload the .max file for you. but remember that it is alot smaller than it should be.

I'm having the same issues with scale, to be honest. I tried fixing it, but I still have issues. It's kind of impeding my ability to merge certain parts of vehicles into another. :/
    Last edited by eliw00d; 29th Mar 10 at 8:01 AM.

umm scale is the easiest tool to use...
    http://www.wipeout44.com/video/3d/3d...tate_scale.asp

however if you want proper measurements you are going to have to check with one model and import it back into the game and check what the measurements are. I believe it worked for me when I scaled it up by 300% or was it 450%... don't remember, sorry.

Nice Schwimmwagen

My interest in getting passengers on the unarmoured vehicles is that many of them were used by reconnaissance or command units. Having them shoot out of the vehicle isn't really required, since an unarmoured vehicle is a very dangerous choice for a firing position, so if they're locked in a sitting animation that's fine with me. With the Jeep and Schwimmwagen there's always the built-in MG position, and the rest just have to dismount for firing back.

haha, i know how to use the scale tool X| i just dont know exactly how much it should be scaled. however i know its not 300% or 450% for me, since a tiger proportional to the models i import would be smaller than someone's foot in CoH.

If you want to understand how to scale your models do this:
    Code:
    In 3dsMax go to the menu Customize --> Units Setup

Set Display Unit Scale to "Generic Units"

Then press the System Unit Setup button

Set System Unit Scale 1 unit = 1.0 Meters.

Now to help you visualize how big your model actually is you will also want to set up your grid settings appropriately.

So menu Customize ---> Grid + Snap settings.

Click on the "Home Grid" Tab.

Set your grid spacing to 1.0. and leave your Major lines set to 10.

Yeah!! This is awesome now that I can see the pic Thats great man Ive always wanted to see that in CoH

Good luck with the rest

Here's another picture for you...

German Superman

lol!! Thats cool! I think the best he could do is shoot his buddies ass

lol nice one, how'd that happen?

Just fitting bones to the half-track trying to get the right positions.

By the way, Darkblade and I were just talking, and are you using the relicvehicles.zip MAX files by chance? If so, that's the reason for your scale issues. I just imported the Sd.Kfz. 250 from the game and it scaled perfectly.

Also, it's not perfect, needs some fine-tuning, but...

Doesn't leave much room for passengers, though.

lol nice one, how'd that happen?
    Relic uses CAT editor for its bone structure of soldiers which has an abstract bone alignment. Therefore it will look right in 3d max but ingame it will be aligned incorrectly.

"Initially 3ds Max CAT was designed to use the Z axis, which seemed logical at the time. However, many game developers requested that the software change from using Z to X. Most exporters are designed around exporting 3ds Max bones and biped, or Motion Builder characters, all of which use X. Often game physics engines would not work if the bone alignment was not X."

Some issues I'm having:

- The gunner's left boot sticks through the side a bit, only noticeable if you look for it, but kinda annoying.
    - The chassis of the 250 bounces slightly due to the engine, so the pintle moves underneath the MG42.
    - The rear gunner shoots towards the front of the vehicle instead of the rear.

I can fix the first one by adjusting the angle at which the gunner faces the rear by 15 degrees, but that would require a similar offset for the weapon's angles of fire.

Should I change his facing or are people okay with a boot sticking through?

Backwards Bullets

Here's a side by side of the 250/1 and the 250/10. It's kind of a tight fit for the /10, but this could be easily made into a toggle ability, as I doubt they'd have a guy on the MG42 at the same time as the PaK36...

Here we go:

Sd.Kfz. 250/1, 250/10, 250/7

Last edited by eliw00d; 29th Mar 10 at 5:12 PM.

Awesome!

47. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #47
    Very nice indeed, hope you can fix the bugs.

Oh no, those British Command teams are being massacred! Please think of the officers!

Anyways, the rear-firing MG42 shouldn't be a difficult fix. Check the heading in the slot_item for that weapon, and compare it to the rear MG slot_item on the SdKfz 251. Z should be negative for a rear-firing weapon.

As for the rocking of the vehicle, I doubt that can be fixed. You'll notice that some parts of the SdKfz 250/3 don't move in step with the vehicle's rocking, namely the hessian camouflage on the antenna, and some parts on the side.
    Last edited by Sturmhaubitze; 29th Mar 10 at 6:21 PM.

Also if it proves impossible to change direction of tracers you can just disable them as a last resort.

It's not the direction of the tracers, it's the direction it is firing in. However, I believe Sturm's suggestion is sound, as I didn't change that.

Edit: Yup, changing heading to negative fixed it. Thanks, Sturm!

For some reason the aiming doesn't match up. I will have to do some more testing, but it ALMOST seems like it turns in sync with the front MG. So, there are times where it is aiming to the left but shooting to the far right...

Hmm.
    Last edited by eliw00d; 29th Mar 10 at 6:53 PM.

Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information