el_shaddai - unbanned

1. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #1

Bunny el_shaddai - unbanned

Creating duplicate accounts is bad. Normally we tend to be forgiving, if someone created a dupe because he was having technical difficulties or didn't understand that he could ask for a name change they're usually let off with a slap on the wrist.

el_shaddai however created a duplicate account so that he could enter into a painting competition multiple times, so it seems only fitting to shoot him out of the nearest ion cannon.

2. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #2
    Update: Further investigation has revealed that these accounts in fact do belong to two separate people.

Usually what happens in these cases is that we look at a number of things to determine whether two accounts belong to the same person. I'm not going to go into many details here for obvious reasons, but suffice it to say that we're not just going by IP addresses. However, and here is where I admittedly messed up, unless it's blatantly obvious that we're looking at a dupe we normally send a PM to both accounts asking for an explanation. In this case I skipped that step, and lo and behold it came back and bit me in the ass. My sincere apologies for that.

I would like to suggest however for future reference that if you get your sibling/friend/significant other to join a competition, and if they're not a member of the forum, that maybe you don't let them use your email address and your FlickR account to sign up because really that just sets off alarm bells everywhere.

Both accounts have been unbanned, the dude running the competition has been notified, and hopefully all is well now.

Thread Information