Well, with the project picking up some steam (as well as a few new members), I thought it might be a good idea to drop an official thread in the "In-Progress" forums so those not familiar project can get a look at our progress.
For those of you not familiar with the TC, take a look at our webpage;
Official AFF: TC Webpage
The features and goals of this project are as follows (lifted from the webpage):
To date we have a majority of the AI scripting finished as well as several models (which can be seen on the webpage or here ).::Features::
*' denotes a tentative idea which may not be possible based on the constraints of the HW2 engine and/or modding tools available
- Completely original storyline
- Over 70 original ships of all sizes
- Completely differentiated research tree
- Realistic scale
- Robust fighter-fighter dogfighting
- Well-defined roles for vessel classes
- Highly Tactical approach to gameplay
- Brand new AI scripting + Ship AI tweaks
- Divergence from cookie-cutter craft (read: vessel vs vessel combat is based more closely around tactical circumstance then exists currently).
- Capital ship particle shielding (heavy protection from energy, low protection from reaction/kinetic)
- More fully realized emphasis on positioning (read: broadside vs nose vs chase armament/positioning)
-*Additional Fleet Formations
- Fully differentiated weapons blocks (Missile, Torpedo, Energy, Kinetic)
-*More robust stealth and ECM considerations (read: aiming for most capitals to have some sort of ECM ability).
- Counter-Missile and Point-Defense systems
Heres a look at our team so far:
Alex_Drake (myself) - Project Lead + Scripter + Modeler + Storyboarder + Fiction/Content-Writer
BurningFeetMan - Musician and Interim Texturer
Erai_Hiryuu - Concept Artist
To date we could use the skills of atleast one more dedicated texturer/modeler and scripter.
Enough with the history lesson , to give you a taste of things to come, heres an *exclusive* render straight from Unicron himself.
Close-in Shot of an AFF Station:
Though the mod is still under construction, we desperately need modelers and texturers to help diffuse of the immense backlog of work.
EDIT: More shots on the second page, including in-game pics!