A while ago we asked you (and I will admit that asking you lot for input is usually where things start taking a turn for the worse) to nominate people for senior membership.
Fleet has been working diligently on the names you put forth. It took a while to run all the detailed background checks - by the way, you guys should see the amount of horse tranquilizer we found in ORCACommander's urine - but we're all done now. In the end it came down to people drunkenly pulling names out of a hat, and then pulling a reason for promoting that particular candidate out of their asses.
Well, we're not all done actually, but here's the first batch of promotions. There are a few more names on the list and we'll get to them eventually.
Announcing promotions like this is a new thing that I decided to try out, so plz not to be fucking up my experiment. And now, behold the list.
- n0z3k1ll3r - he had a little run-in with The Law a few years back, but has kept his seniorishness attitude - senioritude, as we call it - and so it's time he got it back.
- Yurdle The Turtle - his calm and level-headed posts in the more heated sections of the forums in combination with his guides really convinced the jury.
- roflmao - roflmao has not only tolerated way too much abuse on IRC and the forums, but he is one of the very few people who are actually genuinely capable of changing their mind when presented with convincing arguments instead of adhering to their opinion no matter what. He's made a lot of great posts, particularly in GD, and he's been on our internal "people we really should promote one of these days right after this hangover subsides" list for a while now.
- Kirjava - a solid contributor to TGL, he's helped foster community spirit through gaming. And by gaming, I mean the "hey lets all play a fun game" thing, not the "fuck you asshole orc abusing allies are overpowered" thing. PS look for Orcs vs Allies - The Board Game in stores soon.
- Celéstial - another great poster from the CoH section, Celestial has helped many people in The Armoury, teaching them the ancient art of Kung Fu Modding.
- CaptHurricane - both CaptHurricane and his esteemed colleague one line over have been very helpful in the tech support section. Nowadays I try to not touch it with a ten foot pole, but back in the day I fondly remember going batshit fucking crazy in there trying to help people figure out the weirdest problems. The fact that these guys continue to do so in a polite and almost inhumanly patient manner makes them prime senior material.
- ORCACommander - similar to CaptHurricane, this multi-capsed dude is a steadfast pillar of sanity in the whirlwind of technical problems that are the support forums.
- Gorb - we were going to ban him because he's such a nuisance, but then he sent the following report:And since I'm a sucker for XHTML compliant pages, I forced everyone else to promote him. The fact that he makes good posts, contributes regularly, helps to organize events and that "donation" he sent to my private paypal account have nothing to do with this, I swear.Gorb has reported this post
This is part of this thread: BUY CIALIS NOW
This is the reason:
[CENTER] tags are deprecated HTML.
Congratulations. You'll be getting a boilerplate introductory PM, and we'll be mailing you your pamphlets titled "What the fuck is this badge and where did all my money go?" sometime this week, so that you can learn more about the zero advantages and 234 new responsibilities that you now have.