Community Map pack

Community Map pack

Version 1.0

A Community Map Mod: that's all it does.

Download:Map Pack

For individual downloads:

Map pack: FileFront

Map pack1: FileFront

Map pack2: FileFront

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Module File: FileFront

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --Maps--

All community maps included

Picks

--Instalation Instructions:

Go to your CR directory and create a new icon. In order to do this right click on your default CR icon and select "send to desktop" "create a new icon". Now right click on it and select properties. Copy and paste this "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 20570 -dev -modname "Community_Map_Pack" Where it says "target" (with comas). Now cut and paste your Community Map files (1, 2 and 3) and paste them onto your Gameasses folder. Now cut both the module file and Comunity Map Pack folder and paste them in your CR directory. Double click on your new created icon and enjoy.

--Credits--

Thanks to Gabriel Gorgutz for packing these maps up and all map Makers: (Map Name - Author - [Gabriel Gorgutz's comments]) 1v1 Maps: Battle Marshes RM - TibblesEvilCat - a pretty good map Blood River RM - TibblesEvilCat - a pretty good map Calderis Labyrinth - Raptor635 - a pretty good map Cienegas - Harem Desert Sands - Ira Aduro Divinity - ITSSEXYTIME Echo Isles RM - TibblesEvilCat Final Rest - NastyNoodle Forest Lights - blackdevil0742 High Risks - LondonDuncan Meeting of Minds - Inskipp Sunken Island - HiveMind93 Terenas Stand RM - TibblesEvilCat Rubble - smeckma Catachan Reservoir - Guanojunge Bay of Grots - Deionarra - A pretty good map actually Angular Valley - Deionarra Fedrid Folly - LondonDuncan Plaza Primarus - ValKor01 Ozymandias - Ira Aduro Tyran Jungle - Farseer_Arien Shrine of Excellion - Apfeljunge Calderis River - brcasius Legacy - LondonDuncan Quest Triumph - casius 2v2 Maps: Midnight Gate - etherdragn - A quite good map, though the power points are somewhat unfair Ultra Mortga 4p - UnnamedNewbie Imperial Killing Fields - greatnev - an average map, but good for early action and combat Biffy's Peril Redux - AoD_Lexandro Gates of Ruin - jello - an interesting map, where basically most of the action will occur on the sole bridge over between the two camps where there is a VP. Sunrise in the Hive - brcasius - bugged for one side's vehicle use. You cant get them up onto the main platform where as the other team can Calderis Crater - Messerschmidt Sigma 5 - LondonDuncan Rokk Of Waaagh - etherdragn Two Fronts - brcasius Pinnacle Peak Slaughter - camon 3v3 Maps: Armagedon River Crossing - AoD_Lexandro - a pretty good map actually, lots of cover, lots of building but lots of open spaces and choke points Delta Siege Dry - UnnamedNewbie - a rather good map, lots of open spaces, and buildings for garrisoning DoomsDay Breach - Gwynoth Fangbreaka Falls - ValKor01 Highwaste - Kharrak Kasyr Lutien - ValKor01 Kasyr Lutien LR - ValKor01 Skull Masha Brackens - etherdragn Ultra Mortga 6p - UnnamedNewbie Abadonia Canals - AoD_Lexandro The Gauntlet - TheMambo Metropolis - jello Tomb Of Heroes - etherdragn Forgotten Glory - Z405-*

*From Codex Edition (my own map "rubblesfires" included).

Enjoy Smeckma.

Jun 13 2010
    Last edited by smeckma; 10th Jun 12 at 9:29 PM.
    One day I shall redeem my STRAWMAN
    DoW2 Apocalypse
    Community Map Pack
    The Gods Of War

Hum, I think there is a problem with the link, Filefront tells the file size is 2.95 KB ...
    [Dow2] Zone Control
    Once again, sorry for my poor english .. ;)

I know, I´m a dumbass: I've forgoten to include those maps in the end. Just one sec.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:

It is uploading now. It says it'll take like half and hour. Sorry guys, this is just me doing thses things all the time.

Edit:

It is all good now. File's been uploaded.
    Last edited by smeckma; 13th Jun 10 at 4:57 PM.

Uh i dont know how to say this but for some reason i followed the instructions and yet im getting crash error?

\\\_____________________EDIT__________________///

Seems like you forgot the mappack 2 for the 2v2 maps

You gotta be joking! I don´t believe it. One sec
    Edit: I can´t believe myself. This is because I don´t pay atention. I am uploading now. What can I say?
    Edit: I have made sure this time. I´d appreciate feedback on whether it is working.
    Last edited by smeckma; 13th Jun 10 at 10:00 PM.

@smeckma

Np everyone misses something here and there its not like it made me have to reinstall dow 2 CR no harm done ill post feed back after im done downloading.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: It would appear as the mappack.sga for the 1v1 maps is corrupt im re-downloading just to be sure.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Hate to say this but one of the files is corrupt. the "DoW2Mappack.sga" it wont let me extract with winrar or 7zip.
    Last edited by -Delta-; 14th Jun 10 at 1:38 PM.

Forgotten Glory*
    My name isn't there to give me my glory; talk about forgotten glory

Dawn of War 2: Warhammer 40.000 MOD

*your commander requires aids*

My name isn't there to give me my glory; talk about forgotten glory
    Glory can be forgotten but legends never die!

That map is a legend btw its such a good map. I use it form annihilate to Defense mods which work really really well when holding the SM compound with the long bridge or holding the hill top while enemies swarm from all sides

Np everyone misses something here
    I know, but I feel terrible anyway. I'm just so absent minded. BTW, I am checking on the file now: I'll get back to you guys in a sec.

I know, but I feel terrible anyway
    Hey man dont feel terrible your only human
    Damn It Ravenor, im a chaos worshipper, not a loyalist
    They mapped for our sins: http://mapsofwar.info/
    Chocolate?

Thanks. Delta was right: there was something wrong with that folder. This is most likely FileFront doing it. I am uploading again, but it says it'll take like 30'. I'll get back to you after.
    Edit:
    @ Z405: sorry about that, I've already included you.
    Edit:
    Lock, stock and barrel.
    Edit:
    I´ve downloaded and tested it to make sure this time and no file seems to be corrupted. Just give me feedback on how it´s working.
    Last edited by smeckma; 14th Jun 10 at 7:16 PM.

Hi there, nice to see someone picking up the map pack, I would try it but I recently moved and need BT to install a new line before I can use my comp (using my phone here urgh!). Anyway, did you include the latest version Kasyr Lutien? The one in the old map pack was old and had a few issues. The latest version is 1.2 for Kasyr Lutien, I will make changes to my map threads once I'm back online with my PC (after the 17th) so that, should someone view it and they haven't seen the map pack, the can get all the maps from the community.

Again, thanks for taking the time to do the map pack!

The credit is only Gabriel's. All I have done is unpack and add the strings in the module file. Anybody could've done it, but the truth is Gabriel came up with the idea to include these in his own mod first and after that we all followed. I think it is a good idea to have this standalone version though as many just want to use these maps on their own. BTW, my own map "Rublesfires" is included in it, but I am happy with it as it is now. And if you guys think a few maps might need updating, just submit them and I'll put them together.

Glory can be forgotten but legends never die!

That map is a legend btw its such a good map.
    Thank you Delta, i`m glad you like it ^^

Hopefully, once my mod is finished, i`ll find some spare time to make another beast of a map. (ofcourse dedicated to chaos).

@ Z405: sorry about that, I've already included you.
    Thank you Smeckma

I'm preparing a Giga Map Pack containing all maps i can found:
    - this map pack
    - from community.dawnofwar2.com
    - from french community
    - from map contest
    - and other !

I think it will contain about 120 maps. (the file will be very big ^^)

@kornelord: by the chaos gods, how the hell is anyone going to download that many, what size, 600 megs?

O no ! I've made a mistake: this map pack already contain the maps of US community, so no 120 maps but 98 exactly... (these maps + french maps + some other maps)
    Uploading in progres... (308 Mo)
    Last edited by kornelord; 15th Jun 10 at 7:36 AM.

I have to Agree with Delta, Forgotten Glory is my Fave map

@kornelord: by the chaos gods, how the hell is anyone going to download that many, what size, 600 megs?
    I know. I´ve been having problems uploading and all. You can tell by my previous posts. But what can be done?

well it could be split into three parts, so people can get a bunch of maps at their own leisure without having to wait long, just 1 or 2 hours at most

well it could be split into three parts, so people can get a bunch of maps at their own leisure without having to wait long, just 1 or 2 hours at most
    It makes sense. I think I am going to do that.

Esit:

See first post.
    Last edited by smeckma; 17th Jun 10 at 5:45 PM.

My new map 1vs1 !

Enter The Space Hulk

Some screens ?

And don't forget: a switch open a door !

Map on Space Hulk Mod and Artfunkel's Tactical Insertion Mod soon !
    Last edited by kornelord; 25th Jun 10 at 12:55 AM.

wow amazing
    I love Warhammer

My new map 1vs1 !

Enter The Space Hulk
    I´ve tested it, and it looks really nice. This is the sort of map I like. BTW, put "(2p)" in front of the name or less the engine will kick it down the bottom.

Link updated for map name

Ta. Maybe I can unpack and include your map in the mod but I'd rather wait until there is a few more available or else I'll be updating all the time.

Well I'm back online with my computer now, I had a chance to look at the map pack and I see that Kasyr Lutien is an old version which has bugs.

If you do plan on repackaging at some point, I would appreciate it if you could replace old versions of my maps with the new ones. I havent done anything to Plaza Primarus since making it for the contest so I would think that only Fangbreaka and Kasyr need the latest versions added to the pack.

you can find the latest versions of these maps from the links below (FILEFRONT DOWNLOADS):

Kasyr Lutien v1.2

Fangbreaka Falls v1.2

If, for some reason, you would prefer download links from Mega Upload or Strategy Informer then I can supply them.

Thanks.

If you do plan on repackaging at some point, I would appreciate it if you could replace old versions of my maps with the new ones. I havent done anything to Plaza Primarus since making it for the contest so I would think that only Fangbreaka and Kasyr need the latest versions added to the pack.
    I wasn't planning on doing it any time soon, but I will when the time comes. Some maps need updating and other people are saying the same, so be it.

Sorry guys what is CR directory ? Chaos Rising ? just put the map pack folder there ? Sorry I am new at installing modded stuff.
    "So it Begins"

Sorry guys what is CR directory ? Chaos Rising ? just put the map pack folder there ? Sorry I am new at installing modded stuff.
    This is the full path "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war 2". In the dawn of war 2 folder you'll see the launch icon. Just right click on it and follow my instructions. Also, this is the same folder where both the Community Map Pack mod and the module file should be saved. Come back to this thread if you still don't know how to do it.

Note

I am going to update this mod, so if you guys want me to include your new maps in it, just post post a link in this thread (don't send me p-mails). The deadline is August the 1st.

Please, Do not use FileFront. It totally mess up, Use MediaFire instead.

Alright then. Now it seems like it is working, but next time I'll use Megafire. You guys are right in that, after some time, these files tend to get corrupted.

how do make this mod work with other mods ?
    Proud member of :
    Normandy 44 : European Theater
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=233474
    As Technical Advisor AKA : Crazy professor XD

how do make this mod work with other mods ?
    Just add the last 3 command lines in the module file to your own mod and you´re happy to go. And don´t forget to put the gameassets folder where it belongs + you need to re-number your own module file with the new entries or else the game will crash.

Because of the Eternal War patch you can also now put map sga files in GameAssets\Mods and they will load automatically.

the map pack needs to be updated for the new patch

Thanks. I'll do it tonight.

See first post for updated module file.

hmmm used it but the maps arent in the maplist ingame

I am doing a new version for Retribution. Try my new module file and come back to this post if it is not working.

No need to do a new version: http://mapsofwar.info/

The link is broken, but I have visited the site anyway. It seems like they are closing down but that the maps can still be downloaded. I'll test them tomorrow, but my module file works perfectly fine.
    Last edited by smeckma; 10th Jun 12 at 9:02 PM.

its not broken, they are closed ,but all their maps can be downloaded from their

I know, that's what I am saying in my previous post. However, most people only know about this site, so I think it is worth doing the job. Thanks anyway. BTW, have you been finally able to show those maps ingame?

Oh yeah I did get it to work, and it was great to finally play some Assymetric maps

Great! I've been away for a while, but I was so pleased to find out these maps where still available online. Most of the links for some of my mods and module files were broken, but I am going to update as much work as I can. I might as well see to a brand new mod for Retribution and, of course, I'll include as many maps as possible.

Thread Information