[How-To]Complete Setup of a vehicle

[How-To]Complete Setup of a vehicle

Complete setup of the M1126 Stryker vehicle

Click for link

This is a video showcasting exactly all the steps I took in creating the Stryker and its variants for the

Company of Heroes: Modern Combat mod.

Please note, I spend a lot of time fiddling with the M240b hatch animation and the recoil setup. I highly

suggest you skip these parts and see what I do in the end, as I waste a lot of time doing an incorrect

setup.

I hope you can learn some new things about creating a model. I would highly suggest that you create a

proper occlusion map, as seen in my Multi Tool tutorial:
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=248951

I would like to post a way to coding the model in Mod Studio, although I am not well rehearsed in this

coding, so I will leave it out.

Main things to know about custom model integration is to create a .abp
    Copy over states from OE to the anim_bag of the weapon.rgd
    Make sure to have the fx_tracers and fx_target for machine_gun weapons to be the same as your OE setup
    In ebps files create actions in the upgrade_action in order to apply states - useful for variants of

models
    For projectiles make sure to place the correct marker for the entry point of the projectile mesh

I believe that is all,
    Thank you very much for watching,
    Darkbladecr
    Last edited by Darkbladecr; 6th Feb 12 at 2:03 PM.

well DB, you do not have to thank us for watching...
    'cause we have to thank you so much to make you the effort to create and overall to share your tutorielas/knowlegde with us.

"In ebps files create actions in the upgrade_action in order to apply states - useful for variants of models"

havent watched it, but im guessing you used the ebps states to trigger variants. you can use variety_name of the weapon rgd to trigger variants, just as you would with weapons, but can be set to trigger change of turret model and fx based on weapon used. useful for upgrading multi weapon systems
    The Weapon Emporium
    Chevalier Entertainment on Youtube
    Chevalier Entertainment on Facebook
    Pax in Bello - Peace in War. The best possible family motto.

Yes variety_name is a good and easy way to control states for weaponized units. It allows you to have everything setup automatically with the addition of the weapon.rgd

However if you want to apply states to a non-weaponized unit, for example a building, then they must be done through upgrade_actions.

Thread Information