HW1 Graphic Problem

HW1 Graphic Problem

Hey guys. I searched the master list of glitches and problems with Homeworld 1 (and searched around google for about 45 minutes) but couldn't find any similar problem.

As you can see, i'm having some graphic problems. When I zoom out, distant ships (like the mothership and scaffold above) look like that. Strange transparent bits start forming where you can see right into the ship itself. But only when zoomed out.

My new PC more than meet the requirements for this 10 year old classic. I have tried editing the Homeworld.exe command line. And I tried running it in several different compatibility modes.

Anyone seen this before?

Yep, I see this often when running HW and Cataclysm. Sadly, there isn't really anything that can be done about is, apart from remodelling the ships entirely or editing the source code. The problem is that the Z-buffer doesn't contain enough information for the graphics engine to calculate which of the two surfaces is in front of the other at that distance. It's basically a rounding error.
    Babylon 5: War Without End Official Site.

"I keep telling you people that it's only a build animation, NOT a hyperspace animation." - Me, about the Babylon 5 mod hyperspace build animation.

Dang. Oh well. Clipping or not, its still the best game in the universe.

4. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #4
    Try switching from D3D to OpenGL (or vice versa). I always have this problem with one setting and not the other.

Thread Information