Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

R.I.P. Loran Korn

This is incredibly distressing news! When Loran said good bye the other day, I asked myself, "what could be so bad that would make him leave", and sadly there were very few things I could think of ?

I wish with all my being that I had of been wrong. He was one of the "old Guard" here, had been around almost as long as I have. There are some people in these forums that you automatically go to and read as soon as you see their names, and "Loran Korn's" was one of the premier ones for me. What can I say, what can anyone say at these times to dull the grief except maybe to celebrate his life and memories as he would have wished!

It is with heart felt remorse that I extend my condolences to his Wife and family, and to his many friends and comrades
    Well....! it was grape juice!!

Rest in Peace Loran,

my thoughts are with your family.
    War... War Never Changes...

... i can not believe it. I knew nothing of Loran deadly disease that has now overtaken him.
    now that the suffering falls of from you, I wish you all good on the path to the light.

My deepest sympathy goes to his wife, his children and his family I hope these words from the community can give them some power in these difficult times.

with your sounds and models you have improved company of heroes incredibly strong and raised the game to a new level!

THANKS for all Loran,- rest in peace †
    see ya

I barely have words to express at hearing about this sad loss. I didn't know him personally but Loran struck me as being a talented, knowledgable, friendly, patient, selfless individual who without a doubt worked tirelessly for this community when his life permitted it. I know nothing about his home life, but I'd say it's a given that he was at least as kind and generous towards his wife and children, relatives and friends as he was towards us.

My heart goes out to all those whose lives he touched and has now left behind. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences

R.I.P. Loran Korn - thanks for all that you've done for us.

My honest regrets!

About a man I didn´t know:

He has a FAMILY.
    He has FRIENDS.
    He obviously experienced the thruthfulness and depth of real love and friendship.
    He has been creative (one of the most underestimated virtues in my opinion).
    He has been one of the many unselfish spirits in this community.

Beyond the brutal finality of your fate, Loran, you can be sure that you´ve left your mark.

My deepest respect.

R.I.P Loran Korn
    MrScruff, Loran R.I.P.

My condolences, I hope we all aspire to take example from the selfless way he conducted himself in the community.

R.I.P. Our thoughts are with your family.

Farewell Loran Korn, your contributions shall never be forgotten as long as there is a community here.

May the Lord be with his family and friends, especially his children and wife.
    "Airborne, death from above"

10. Technical Help Senior Member  #60
    Sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Thank you for giving me the luxury of getting to know you, friend.

a man who wanted his work to be for everyone.. he was truly better then most of us and will be missed!

Like many others here I sadly didn't know him personally or very well but just reading all the expressions of condolences from all of you who had the chance to know him much more gives me a great impression of how much he is held in great esteem for both his friendly personality and his splendid talent he showed in all of his work and his devotion.
    And despite the very sad and shocking news I'm on the other hand happy to read he was able to conclude his life in a pleasing way and pass away in the most beautiful circumstances he could imagine in this sad situation I think.

Condolence to all of his friends, his family and best wishes to his loved ones.
    Farewell Loran.

Thank you for your amazing work Loran... that's only one i can do now is just say you THANK YOU. Rest in peace Loran.
    My condolences to his family!

R.I.P. Loran, thank you for all the hard work you gave to this community.

Has myself I only know him has a Member friend I will only remember him has a member friend back all I can say is R.I.P Loran
    Last edited by Ira Aduro; 7th Jul 10 at 6:18 AM. Reason: This is not the place for an argument ~Ira Aduro

18. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Modding Senior Member  #68
    My condolences to Loran's family. Our grief is nothing compared to theirs, but we still grieve his loss and honor his contribution to this forum. He made it a better place.
    Last edited by Ira Aduro; 7th Jul 10 at 7:09 AM.

What a terrible news to read.

RIP, Loran Korn.

For us, that didn't have the pleasure to know you, you will still live one through the work that you have done for coh.

I never knew Loran, but his work was great from what Ive seen and heard. RIP Loran Korn
    Closed For Repairs

R.I.P Loran

Condolences to his family and friends.

and thanks for the great work

http://hq-coh.com/forum/index.php/topic,20769.0.html
    (if anybody interested to create a late Tiger I model try this:
    http://www.cohmods.com/tiger-i-late-t167.html)

RIP Loran, you will always be an inspiration- You will be missed
    "Float like a butterfly... Sting like a bee"
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...2010#post40872
    Zombie Mod Facebook grou.

R.I.P. Loran, you did so much for us, the least we can do is remember you as you were - full of life,
    My deepest condolences to his friends and family...
    Today we`ll show them the might of the Soviet Union !!!

Gone way before his time was up, only the good die young it's been said and im beginning to believe it. Im sorry for the loss of your friend, the way you describe his spirit during his untimely passing is reminding me of Plato's - Phaedo, which describes the trial and death of Socrates. It is a very consoling piece of litterature when dealing with the issue of death.

"Then when death comes to man, the mortal part of him dies, it seems, but his deathless part goes away safe and indestructible, yielding the place to death." - Socrates

I'm a noob member of the community, but i still remember at times the name Loran Korn in parts of the forum, being a fan of your mod, i sincerely offer my respect to Loran Korn and MrScruff. It must be hard for you Sweeten, i'm deeply sorry that you lost two of your friends in such a relatively short period of time.
    However we should not despire for the two of them shall not grow old as we who are left grow old, age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM.
    Bayonets!!!Use the god damn bayonets!!!Ah~~~~~

I am sorry to hear this news
    Now I see why in the few pm's we had he was so sentimental about the military

He was a fellow veteran and will be missed

My condolences to his family and freinds

"War is where every trooper wanna go...and then never again!"

I read this in the MoW forums and was stunned, My condolences, I am sure he was a great person and so much talented, we exchanged many modding ideas back there.

R.I.P.

RIP
    My condolences to His family.
    I remember his work from MOW mods as well. His current work for COH is outstanding.
    Both Communities are purer after his loss.

Wherever you are brother, its unfortunate i say goodbye on a internet form.

In honor to you, a 21 gun salute.
    "Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

J.E. "Ned" Dolan - Captain, U.S.M.C

Poor guy.....ill have to record a memorial for him on Company of Heroes.......Rest in Peace Loran,My condolences to His family,His work was astounding.

im a first time poster here,shame the first has to be for this.have admired his work,i'll remember him every time i play.may he rest in peace and may his friends stay strong for each other.

it's sad to come back and find that a very talented member of the community has gone, Rest in peace Loran.

This makes me depressed... such a talented and marvelous member gone, rest in peace Loran Korn, your work will be admired by all of us.

Incredibly sad story, seems like something straight out of a film or book.

EDIT: Also, rest in peace MrScruff as well, let us all hope that no more members of this community die, we've lost too much talent as it is.

34. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #84
    moving this thread into the forum archives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information