Each time I start mission 4 (Final Journey) on the Winter Assault Order campaign, I get a Fatal Scar error. It occurs during the opening cinematic, before I am given control of the game. If I hit escape a couple of times, I manage to skip the cinematic and get control of the game, but the scar error still happens immediately after that.
I am using the Dawn of War Gold, Steam version, which includes both DoW and Winter Assault. I am running on WinXP SP3.
Game version reports "DOW Engine 1.51, Dawn of War: Winter Assault 1.0, Build 92683"
I have not installed any kinds of mods or similar for the game.
I have played through the entire original DoW campaign, as well as the 3 first mission of the WA Order campaign without ever seeing this error before.
What I have already tried (none of which made any difference):
- Completely removed, redownloaded and reinstalled the game
- Verified the game cache (Steam)
- Installed the game at another computer (With the exact same problem occurring)
- Deleted my old in-game profile and created a new one
- Lowered my graphic settings
- And of course rebooting a couple of times
Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this issue.
I also tried the disorder campaign, and it throws a similar fatal scar error during the cinematic of the very first mission. The biggest difference seems to be that it is unable to create Objective_Beacon_Red (as opposed to Objective_Beacon_Blue in the screenshot below from the order campaign)