View Poll Results: See Post#31 for Images: Which atmosphere do you like?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A: First Atmosphere

8 25.81%
  • B: Second Atmosphere

9 29.03%
  • C: Third Atmosphere

14 45.16%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Bergy68:[Tractor Works]4v4[WIP] Historical Layout/ Starts at Post#19

1. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #451
    But the map will get finished and will be playable for Mid-Range PC's and up.
    By that you mean it'll be playable by NSA and CIA super computers? :P

No a NASA one seems to be ok.

Btw. What are the objects with most consumption? I think the heaviest ones are those with animations (bushes, trees) and other (special) effects or more than one damage states.

Lethal Dosage
    By that you mean it'll be playable by NSA and CIA super computers? :P
    LMAO thats exactly what I mean...and Nasa to, except for Csis, might be a low range system .

4. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #454
    Wait... don't NASA computers still use vacuum tubes? I doubt if CoH would even display on 32 colour screens.

Im not to sure its been awhile since I've done any work for them

Well...I have today and tomorrow off, so I'm gonna try to finish that corner of the map of the rural area. Here's an overview pix of the map so far, that corner is the lower left. Once that is finished I figure the map will be around 60% to 70% finished.

Oh good it's going on. The pic is a little bit small. I would see the resource points, if you have set some at the moment.

Today I have lost my working horse. I'm working with a second level equipment now, without CoH. ;(

It seems, that I need to purchase my new computer ahead of schedule. Will see.

The pic is a little bit small
    Yeah its the only way to fit the whole map in WB to take a pix, I have to scroll a little ways out. No I haven't started the resource points yet. New Comp huh? Sweet Hopefully yo'll set yourself up with something close to or better then my laptop.

I think your laptop may be then the down level of my new comp.
    But since a hour my working horse is running again. So I have time.

About the pic, I mean, the uploaded version seems to be resized down.

Yes the uploaded pix is sized down. I usually resize all my pixs before I post them so there not to big. Make life easier with those with slower Internet connections.

The forum even has a resize function and if someone don't like to see the fullsize pic, then it is ok.

Well I haven't worked on the map in awhile cause Ive been trying to figure out how I'm planing on painting in the sectors. This is my First initial idea. The concept behind is this, sectors changed hands a lot in parts of the factory zones. So with in that area are Strategic Points as well as Fuel and munitions, Which can be cut-off by taking out the SP.

The map below has a legend to tell you what is what. It doesn't have the values in yet, but will be updated soon.

Cya

This system looks like the way you used in "Winters-Arrival". It's a really good idea and I was hoping, you use it again.

But one thing I notice here. On both sides, you have directly connected 2 fields of munition. I think, it could be better one munition and one fuel, even for those a step forward, same situation. The top right and upper left sections are not balanced in my view. What about a 3:3 ratio for both sectors? Otherwise it could be, that one of those map sectors were ignored, because of enough resources of this type?

Do you know, how the resource ration in the "Eastern Front" mod is, for each side?

think, it could be better one munition and one fuel, even for those a step forward
    Not a bad idea, Can be done.

The top right and upper left sections are not balanced in my view.
    For me I feel they are balanced Both Upper Left and Right, Have an Equal # of sectors to Mirror the Lower Left and Right. The only difference being The Upper right and Lower Left. Since the Fuel Platform is Lower Left I decided to add a more Fuel. The Opposite of that is Upper Right has more Munitions. Heres a new Image with the values in place. VP is for Victory Point.

You already can make the lower left and upper right section more important, if those have a larger amount against the center of the map. The victory points may be ok, I don't know it, because I didn't play such game type.

Another thing is, the center section has a great encirclement of resources by strategic points, that system is partially missing in the corner sections.

Another thing is, the center section has a great encirclement of resources by strategic points, that system is partially missing in the corner sections.
    True, But I want the corners to be secondary compared to the center. The 16Fuel in the center is our Tractor Factory.

and what about a second 16 system in the corners 16 instead of 10? Oh and the UL VP, please set to a strategic point, what encircles the massive fuel.

UL VP, please set to a strategic point, what encircles the massive fuel.
    The Upper Left VP already has a strategic point in it. All the zones will have a Strategic point located in it. I just didn't label those cause as you pointed out to me before there is no Low, Medium or High values for these points.

No, you misunderstood me. My fault, I mean LL.

The UR has their VP in a strategic sector, that's a good idea. I mentioned only to make the same for the LL section.

But it looks so cool located here?!!!

LOL, I must agree - OK!

Is this area now blocked on the sides too?

Is this area now blocked on the sides too?
    yup

23. Forum Subscriber  #473
    The Upper Left VP already has a strategic point in it. All the zones will have a Strategic point located in it. I just didn't label those cause as you pointed out to me before there is no Low, Medium or High values for these points.
    well, there are one manpowerpoint different from the others, scroll down in the menu and find the sp_manpower_resource_point

well, there are one manpowerpoint different from the others, scroll down in the menu and find the sp_manpower_resource_point
    Thanks for the tip Nobody, Question whats the difference with the sp_manpower_resource_point from the manpower_resource_point?

Any in game effects using this point that are different?

EDIT:

Well a major part of the map is finally finished after working on it for almost 12hrs the Sectors are FINALLY painted in!!! Image below from in game.

Last edited by bergy68; 25th Jan 11 at 10:33 PM.

This are all the different resource points
    This is a list of all existing resource points located in "attrib\attrib\ebps\gameplay":

* "fuel_point_xxx.rgd" - fuel
    * "munition_point_xxx.rgd" - muni
    * "manpower_point_xxx.rgd" - manpower (strategic point)
    * "no_resource_point_xxx.rgd" - manpower (strategic point - only 2 versions)
    * "can_built_point.rgd" - manpower (strategic point - only 1 version)
    The "sp_" variants are used only in missions, I think, so I would not prefer to use them.

The doubled resource pairs in front of the starting locations you don't need to change?

And at last, a suggestion for the LL corner, what also could be a prototype for the UR corner. What do you mean?

Last edited by Jagdpanther; 26th Jan 11 at 9:04 AM.

The doubled resource pairs in front of the starting locations you don't need to change?
    Yup they will be, now things are painted in it really easy to do.

And at last, a suggestion for the LL corner, what also could be a prototype for the UR corner. What do you (mean)?
    Do you mean Think ?

If so ya no thats an interesting concept for the corners, Easy enough to edit the areas too.

Do you mean Think ?
    yepp, of course, you know it's not my native language.

thats an interesting concept for the corners, Easy enough to edit the areas too.
    Cool, but it's your concept, I think, it's good to have it overall.

28. Forum Subscriber  #478
    Question whats the difference with the sp_manpower_resource_point from the manpower_resource_point?
    The sp point will give you 15 mp, not 5 like the normal ones, and it works nice on MP maps, i have used it on some of mine.

This we can also modding directly, because we still modding.

The sp point will give you 15 mp, not 5 like the normal ones, and it works nice on MP maps, i have used it on some of mine

Thanks Nobody, thats sweet, I think Ill use a few in key areas only. Does the AI recognize the higher value?

31. Forum Subscriber  #481
    flag says 15, never really got into any close investigation of it

Fair enough, I guess one could tell during gameplay. We'll see.

Does the AI recognize the higher value?
    If this point is set in luaconsts, yes, otherwise we must test it. Normally it is not set in the standard luaconsts, maybe the DLC's having their own. But in the standard luaconsts are no mp_points set as I see.
    Code:
    	STRAT_POINT = {
    		CONTROL_STRUCTURE_SP				= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/sp_invisible_control_structure.lua"),
    		VICTORY								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/victory_point.lua"),
    		VICTORY_SP							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/sp_victorypoint.lua"),
    		ENTRY								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/map_entry_point.lua"),
    		AI_LOW								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/ai_military_low.lua"),
    		AI_MEDIUM							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/ai_military_med.lua"),
    		AI_HIGH								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/ai_military_high.lua"),
    		FUEL_HIGH							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/fuel_point_high.lua"),
    		FUEL_MED							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/fuel_point_medium.lua"),
    		FUEL_LOW							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/fuel_point.lua"),
    		MUN_HIGH							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/munition_point_high.lua"),
    		MUN_MED								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/munition_point_medium.lua"),
    		MUN_LOW								= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/munition_point.lua"),
    		NO_RESOURCE							= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/no_resource_point.lua"),
    		INVISIBLE_NO_RESOURCE				= BP_GetEntityBlueprint("ebps/gameplay/invisible_no_resource_point.lua"),
    	},
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 26th Jan 11 at 9:28 PM.

34. Forum Subscriber  #484
    tested it ingame and it seems to work

Mpas looking great Bergy

I think you have way too many sectors...its just tooooo busy....any chance of cutting some out?

Shot at 2007-07-21

any chance of cutting some out?
    Yes there is a chance this is still a Beta layout for the sectors.

I think you have way too many sectors
    Perfect for my vampires

lol sorry Darkbladecr, gonna be cutting down some of those sectors, to much going on.

Hey Everybody,

I know I haven't updated this in awhile I just wanted to let everyone know, I'm just taking a bit of a Mental Break from the map. Been working on it since July. Also i'm currently putting together a World Builder Manuall which should be done in Hopefully less then 2 weeks.

The map will continue on and I'll update it again soon. So stay tuned, and thanks as usual for stopping by

Regards Bergy68

40. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #490
    Good to hear, and hey, CoH players are nothing if not patient.

Thanks LD, I'm really looking forward to releasing this WB Manual, It should help a lot of new mappers understand WB better as well. Might even help some experienced mappers as well.

42. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #492
    Bergy, even though this is a 8p map, you have way to much rescource points. Meaning that both teams get a tonnes of rescources, even if they have 1/3 of the map.

@Cel, @Bergy is one of the mappers, they set those points under strategically aspects. So if you lost one mp, then you also lost some (mostly not only one) other resource points. It's really hard, to hold these points, even if they are secured. And also, as you can see, high-resource-points are very rar. So I think, the resources are good as they are, only the order may be a point (for me) ...

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't updated this thread in awhile, I'll explain why in a sec. Cel, when I do get around to the map when I have some free time again I will be removing some of those Resource points. Personally I find there is to many myself as well. There are some other areas that will need to be omitted as well.

As for no update in awhile there are a few reasons. 1st after putting the manual together it burnt me out you could say. 2nd Its Hockey playoffs over here now. Which means my job job sucks up a lot time since I'm a cook in the restaurant industry. 3rd on my personal side of life. A huge opportunity fell in my lap. I'm the lead concept artist/storyboard artist on a short film which will be trying to sell to Hollywood as a Feature Film. Basically my dream job.

So for the time being until this project is done 100% of my free time will be for this project at hand. Once that is done I should feel refreshed again to start mapping.

Ill be popping in thou every now and then to see what is new around the forums.

Bergy

45. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #495
    Wow, great news Bergy. Best of luck!

Cool news and the best wishes to you. I will hope (for us), that this will not occupy your complete spare time, but if it so, good luck.

Not a bad card. But damn, why do you think a clever use Russian letters for the poster? (The very first post in this topic). Well, none of the "?" does not get "w". It is better to write on posters for the cards (mods) in their language. Will be more beautiful.

Hey guys thanks for the wishes. Once I get a scanner (around the end of may) I'll post some stuff in the Artwork section of the forums for you all to see. Theres a lot of Viking Design work in the designs since Viking Mythology plays a big part in the story, which has been a lot of fun to draw being part Norwegian.

Cya ya all soon Bergy

good luck bergy68 I hope your dreams come through
    Well....! it was grape juice!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread Information