Pink UI Icon on neutral howitzer.

Pink UI Icon on neutral howitzer.

I changed the icon for the M2 howitzer, not the critical. and today i lost my crew and i clicked on it and it had a pink portrait. Anyone know why?
    A Real Mexican Hero!

2. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #2
    Doesn't the M2a1 use a critical, and display the unit stats and kills in the portrait window?

Exactly what did you do when editing anything of the M2a1's ui_ext and it's icons.

Yes it does, and all I did was change the icon_name in the ebps and sbps.

But I was playing last night, my brother took out my howitzer crew and i clicked on the howitzer and it's critical\portrait area was pink.

that always happens though, same with all neutral vehicles

it does? I never noticed

6. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #6
    It does? i should investigate this, as i've never noticed it with any of the new crewed weapons i've added.

Just to be a perfectly clear, as the tread title says one thing and the post says another, can you post a picture of which icon your talking about?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:c...er_upgrade.png I changed the build icon from that, to this :http://picly.us/coh/w/images/Vehicle...m_howitzer.png

The build icon works.

When the crew died, I clicked on the neutral howitzer, and the portrait/critical, was pink.

Sorry, in the post name I was thinking icon not portrait. late at night haha

8. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #8
    Instead of editing the ebps and sbps icon_name line to point to a different icon, did you try just renaming the new icon file to replace the old one? A number of things like the symbol are also linked to the icon_name line, and it's not just the sbps and ebps file you need to change, but also the appropriate weapon capture squads for each faction as well.

But an ingame screenshot of exactly what your talking about so we can see for ourselves would help a lot.

I think it's fixed, the portrait needed to be the same name as the icon.
    I made a copy of the file and renamed it. I'll test it

10. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #10
    Vehicles don't usually use portraits, but since for infantry the portrait and symbol need to be named to the icon, i can understand why a crewed weapon might be a bit of both.

Yes, I found a blank portrait that had the same name of the old icon, so when i changed the icon it kept the symbol and critical but not the blank portrait for when its neutral.

Fixed =]

Thread Information