Kalimac's random art escapades

Art Kalimac's random art escapades

All the cool kids are doing it, and as a weak individual I of course have to follow suit, so here's my art dump thread.
    All of these were done this year, some of them I'm more happy with than others. Hopefully this thread will make me stop being lazy and draw moar.

spoilering for the fun of it

study that probably will not break forum layout

sketchpage not entirely safe for work

Last edited by Kalimac; 6th Jun 12 at 1:53 PM.
    » Initiate a tactical withdrawal! «

Spoiler

WIP. Only thing that's "finished" is the candle. Lighting etc will get a big overhaul, and the paper will be changed to fit the perspective.
    Last edited by Kalimac; 6th Jun 12 at 2:03 PM.

I'm not an artist really so not much constructive critiquing here I'm afraid! I like the Greek in the first picture, its a good pose which I'd imagine is hard to draw correctly in proportion, the only thing that really jumped out to me is his right foot which looks a bit strange around the heel.

Plus I'm intrigued by the treble clef on the sword guard...

Heh the idea of the treble clef on the sword came to me when my orchestra needed a poster for our upcoming concert. We're playing war music, like 1812, Light Cavalry Overture, Mars from the Planets, Triumph March from Aida and some other stuff like Hymn to the fallen from Saving Private Ryan. Anyways, there's usually a treble clef on the posters, so I got the idea to mix that with a weapon. Not using it for the actual posters though, since that's not my department.

Thread Information