WB questions/effects

WB questions/effects

Hi,

I have been using worldbuilder for a longtime and have made around 30 maps with it, and i still have a few questions, most forming around the "effects" catagory,i guess i'll just list em and feel free to post ur own questions..

1-How do you get smoke/fog such as in craters, all i know of is the waves with fog included on top of them and...

2-Does anyone here know how to get foam, such as in the omaha beach mission?

3-Can someone help me out with scar and making markers plz

4-How do i make the ai unit stay in its position? such as when you give it an anti tank gun behind sandbags, the ai will move it towards the enemy and leave its position the second the game starts

thats all for now, thanks for reading

Also, i have seen in some relic maps, theyve basically tipped cars and stuff and like rotated the car around so it is at some points like nose down and stuf and it'd be cool to know how to do that sorta stuff

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2gH...eature=related

2. I don't

3. not me

4. don't know

5. deform the terrain "make a hill" - place the object on the side of hill and hit the align to terrain button
    "They who give up their liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin Franklin

1) and I think also 2) you have to set an action marker!
    --> go into the marker menu and select action marker then place the marker on your map where you like to habe the "action". than select the marker, press edit action and open at "new comand" the list, than go to "fx_attach" and choose it. than open a box by pressing "fx" and seach your folder Art/fx/... (this are the different actions!)
    !!!your folder "Art/fx/..." you have to copy in your currently used mod-folder. For example, when you habe the Blitzkrieg-mod and you can place the special blitzkrieg-vehicles the Art/fx/... folder must be at: blitzkrieg/data/...
    or (with NO mod!!) : ww2/data/...

I think this is all, when you have questions, ask!

download the art/fx/... folder: http://rapidshare.com/files/414890454/Art.rar
    extract and copy

For scar, try this --> http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=211948

4) you need scar!

lg presi.jan

thx for info guys, but that scar forum has already been recommended to me and it confused the sh!t out of me and didnt work in the end

show me your scar document and your "mapname"_ID than I could look what you have done wrong...

ok, first...i wanna know somwthing else too, im full of questions i guess and uhh well, i have extracted a bunch of fx files from corsix for my new omaha beach map to be and i still dont know how to impliment them, anyways more to the point, i do not know how to show you the map and scar file thing but uhh, i only have a few little tiny things on it and i would be glad to give you the map too aswell, it is a very well done map for my work

edit:
    Cuz i wanna get some smoke in the craters and foam in the tides and so on and i think that is the stuff

i would also like to make noises in it, such as the ones from the omaha beach map in campaign yunno, the background strayshots and battle sounds with arty and machine gun shots and so on

cuz thatd bring the whole map together
    Last edited by CalgarySniper; 24th Aug 10 at 8:42 PM.

7. Forum Subscriber  #7
    lots of questions

1 & 3. fog, smoke fire and other effects are made with markers look here for a tutorial.

2. Foam is made with a foam map, it isnt possible to make your own foammap working (both henry and i tried) but you can use one of relics. Go to "Scenario>Terrain properties>water reflection" and select one, you will of course have to build your terrain of that map so it fits the foam map.

3. there are several SCAR tutorials out there, sorry dont have time to look for links, but im sure you can do the search yourself.

4. to control the AI movement, you have to learn SCAR coding.

5. to "tip" an object, create a slope, place the object on it and select "autoalign", then move your object to its place.

ok thx for the help man, but i kinda already got the whole beach set up so i will have to see what i can do

thanks for the foam advice, i had to selct ocean mode which kinda messes up everything else but it will look a lot nicer a lot sooner now that i can do that

Ok, if you want to show me your map upload the compremide (i dont know how i should write this:$) folder and i will look at it after work...

Lg presi

do i have to edit the mapname_id file to scar? or just make scar file and so on....

Do not edit mapname_id.scar (it will cause problems), that file is ment to be edited by world builder. Worldbuilder saves all egroups, sgroups and markers information to that file.

For making scar script for your map, I'd suggest using search with "basic scar for mappers" as topic name. Good luck

ok well thanks for help, but....if someone could just give me basic scar code for maarkers for riflemen squad and arty and let me fill in the name of the marker i would be very thankful

What do you want to do with the rifleman?

And the codes: I never know in which thread an another link is posted... Search

Edit: aahm, at sandos tut at the second page is a working link to all codes, hosted by the website of europe in ruins!

Lg
    Last edited by presi.jan; 26th Aug 10 at 7:53 AM.

I'm having trouble extracting the fx files, it says there isn't a suitable output location to extract them to, data folder is missing...

here's a screenshot

I know I've extracted the grass files before but can't find where corsix put those, so I could just create a fx folder there... which is what I think it's telling me to do.

15. Forum Subscriber  #15
    right here:

oups, that wa the grass, but the FX is shown as well
    Attached Images

wow, why am I just now figuring out how to use these FX markers... this has re-ignited my love for making maps!

Download OMG mod, it's the only place you'll find my map!

17. Forum Subscriber  #17
    Always a pleasure to see a dedicated modder/mapper back on the horse

Thread Information