Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Patches

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Patches

I used to have both the 1.1 and 1.2 patch for this game, and recently dug out the CD and was able to get it to (miraculously) run on Windows 7. However, I had a hard drive failure earlier this year, and so I lost those patches. Apparently, it seems this game has fallen so completely off the radar, that no site hosts their seemingly small patches any more. I cannot, for the life of me, find the official patches hosted anywhere. All the links I'm finding are dead. Does anyone happen to have a copy of both patches that they are willing to host somewhere? I would be extremely grateful.

Also, the only places I have seen hosting these are torrent sites, and I dread the thought of dealing with the likes of those, so please don't suggest them.

2. General Discussions Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #2
    Oppressive Forces of Titty n0z3k1ll3r's Avatar
    Also, the only places I have seen hosting these are torrent sites, and I dread the thought of dealing with the likes of those, so please don't suggest them.
    Not to put too fine a point on it but umm... why? Patches are entirely legal content.
    Let's Play Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind
    Let's Play Master of Magic: Abandoned
    In the beginning there was nothing. Then Steam crashed.

I don't want to deal with torrents? It has nothing to do with the patches. And I never said the patches were not legal...?

He has a point, I dislike torrents...don't know why, I just don't like them.

prolly cause of who theyre (usually) associated with. :P

6. General Discussions Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #6
    And I never said the patches were not legal...?
    When you refer to them as "the likes of those" it's pretty suggestive of what you're on about.

And you're unlikely to find any direct download links anymore. It's a really old game. Frankly you have the choice of using torrents or not using torrents and making do with no patches.

Back to the topic on hand, please. Thanks.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of both patches that they are willing to host somewhere? I would be extremely grateful.

Whoa it works on Windows 7? Does it have Starforce though, last time I installed and older game with Starforce the blasted thing corrupted some system32 boot files.
    Knife King of Doltland

I'm not surprised. Anything within three feet of you seems to end up full of knife shaped holes.

9. General Discussions Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #9
    http://admin.home.n0z3k1ll3r.operaun...?download=true

Hosted through Opera Unite, if you absolutely must have a non-torrent link. I warn you that I just got it from a torrent (before you ask why I didn't just give you this earlier instead of arguing), but like I said I don't rate your chances of getting it any other way. I don't think you need the 1.1 patch, but if you do I can go find that too.

@Pocktio
    It does indeed.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...e-6a9f852a9095

Follow the instructions there.

@n0z3k1ll3r
    Much appreciated! I believe you need to install the 1.1 patch first, so just to be on the safe side...

11. General Discussions Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #11
    A quick look hasn't turned up the 1.1 patch. I'm fairly sure you only need 1.2. Assuming you can reinstall the game if need be it's worth a shot.

I forgot to reply to this, it worked just fine. Thanks again.

13. General Discussions Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #13
    No worries.

For those who don't know, this game will run under Windows 7 with XP service pack 3 set on the compatibility tab and 256 colors checked. I ran it last night on my MSI Wind L1350D netbook. Played a random mission as well as the first campaign mission. The video cut scenes played flawlessly.

Thread Information