how to reduce players?

how to reduce players?

Hi guys,
    I am new and just recently started fiddling with WB. I was trying to reduce the player number and make a 2P map out of a stock Relic 6P map "Hill 331".
    Originally there are players 1,2,3 on the Allies side and 4,5,6 on the Axis side. I deleted 2,3 and 5,6, reassigned player 4 as player 2 and the map entries. Editied the info file from 6P to 2P and when I tried to save the map it told me that player 1 and 2 belongs to the same team and I can stuff it.
    I tried Calculate Voronoi and some other stuff but to no avail. Could anyone help me please?

http://wiki.relicrank.com/index.php?title=CoH

1.) ebps\gameplay\starting_position This is your starting HQ

2.) ebps\gameplay\map_entry_point This is the players map entry point - The point at which reinforcement type abilities will have units enter the map on (Like the Allied Off-Map Combat Group or Axis Stormtrooper abilities)

3.) ebps\gameplay\bunker_marker These will be your players starting defenses, once placed you can select it then hold Shift as you Click and Drag to point the arrow in the direction you want the defenses facing.

For each of these items you will want to select the item and observe the 'Player Assignment' of that item. On your right panel there are two places for Player Assignment, Default and Current. I would advise leaving the DefaultPlayer assignment to World, what you need to do is select all of the above objects for each separate starting location and change their CurrentPlayer assignment to "Player X", X starting with Player 1 for the first starting location, Player 2 for your second starting location, and so on until you have assigned each starting location its own player. Make sure that all objects placed are within the playable area (To view this - Overlay > Toggle Playable Area), otherwise the 'CurrentPlayer' option will not be available.

If you want to see a map in the game, you need to at least have two (2) starting_position objects placed (see Object Placement) The starting positions are located under - ebps\gameplay\starting_position_sp. One starting position must be player 1, and one must be player 2. Place the objects away from each other, select each in turn and click the dropdown for Player assignment. Set one to player 1, and the other to 2.

You will also need to place two (2) map entry point objects. The map entry points are located under - ebps\gameplay\map_entry_point. Place the entry points at the edge of the map near the starting points and assign one point to each player. The starting points and entry points, which are in close proximity to one another, should have matching player assignments.
    Also, you will want to give your map a name. The file name is not used for the displayed name. You need to enter the name and description in the Scenario Properties dialog under the Scenario Menu.
    This should be enough to get you up-and-running with a viewable play area.
    "They who give up their liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin Franklin

Thank you for the detailed response. Now I am even more buffled though. What you wrote down step by step is exactly what I did. And when I try to save the map it tells me I cant because Player1 and Player2 belongs to the same team. Originally its a 6P map and so Player 1,2,3 is in the Allied team that is why it keep telling me this error message. But is really silly because I delete all the starting positions, entry point, bunkers and all and start from scratch. Assigning Player1 to one corner and Player2 to the opposite, far away. Yet somehow the map remembers that Player 1 and 2 were in the same team before my edit.
    Where is it coded people? How can I erase the trace of Hill 331 ever being a 6P map? (I did in *.info)
    Frankly I find this very strange. Could it be a map bug specific to Hill 331?
    I wouldnt mind to leave it as is but because of all the starting positions I cant re-landscape the map so I would like to remove all traces of unwanted starting positions and stuff and redo the map with only 2 players. But why on earth can I save it, why is the 6P status keep coming back even though its erased?

dude, info file mightve been the wrong thing to edit, that might wreck the map and disable it, go to whereever u have put the map files and find the scar file, the one that is a text.file not any others open that, that controls all of the codes and such that relic has implimented for scenarios and such, now i did not read the other guys response actually all i know is u said somethin bout code but in that file maybe if u delete the written stuff u will get what u want? it might not have anything though cuz its mp map, i edited that map and had no problems whatsoever.

Anyways....

What i would do to get that team sharing entity stuff to go away is,

1. delete the hq's.then delete the map entry points cuz u mightve done something wrong,
    2.go into objects\ebps\art\art_ambient\gameplay\ and selct startingposition_1
    3.put it where u want ur first guy to be and get it assigned to player 1 and do so with player 2 maybe switch up the startingposition to add some variety
    4. then select the map_entrypoint(the first one u see above the vehicles it shld be a green roof with brown wood little thing with V flags not the grey one that looks like its unfinished and maybe put it on a close road which i do and give it player 1 and do same for player 2
    5.then do calculate voronio and check it by going into territory which u should already be in and go up to overlay and selct toggle overlay, the first one u see
    6. and hopefully u can save now....uve got to do it quite fast, sometimes if u do not save often enough it wont save proper(just some advice)

hopefullly it works soon (if u dont know where to put it to play it just ask)

Thanks for the responses guys.
    I tell you, I have no idea what is going on. I dont even know why this "team" business is in the picture. We are talking about an MP map without codes or anthing. It only has markers. I was simply gonna make a 1X1 map out of a 3X3 one. And no matter what I do the error message keeps popping up that Player 1 and 2 belongs to the same team. I deleted everything, placed thestarting point elsewhere, obviously did not miss anything coz it would be in an error log, its an MP map, placed Player 1 and 2 into two separate corner of the map. Calaculate Voronoi and the whole nine yards and still Player 1 and 2 cannot be opponents - according to the stupid map. Why? Its beyond me.
    Anyway, thank you for your help, I think we are all kinda buffled here. Thanks again guys.

Got it finally.
    I thought it has to be Player 1 and 2 for a 1X1 MP map but appearenty it doesnt. So I left Palyer 1 and 4 and now its a 1X1 map with only showing player 1 and 2 in skirmish mode.

Sorry for the big ado, I didnt know it works this way.

7. Forum Subscriber  #7
    it doesnt , you must have missed something....

In absence of any other solution I am happy it works at all. All I can say is I dont know why this one particular map gave me so much trouble. You could be right and I missed something but I didnt expect a skirmish map acting up just because I deleted four players and left only two. Any way, thank you for all the advice guys.

Thread Information