Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[DOW2 & CR 2.6.0] Campaign wargear unlockers v1.01

[DOW2 & CR 2.6.0] Campaign wargear unlockers v1.01

Well, those who want it probably have it or did it themselves, but I'll post this anyway. Update: Mods work fine after 2.6.0 patch, no changes to the .module file needed. Download links changed to MediaFire.

Dawn of War II wargear unlocker
    • All rare (green) and epic (blue) items
    • No common (white) items
    • +2 Combat Discipline boosters
    • +750 XP boosters

Download: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/w...mod/37232.html
    Also: http://www.mediafire.com/?erew1i4cnbufoic (updated)

Chaos Rising wargear unlocker w/ vanilla items
    • Items listed alphabetically and commented with in-game names in the .lua list
    • All rare (green), epic (blue) and legendary (purple) items
    • Added some Librarian items (not ones you get by investing skill points), an axe, a bolter etc. missing from the earlier list on this forum
    • No common (white) items
    • No invalid/unusable items
    • Some useless items that are donated for a working item are disabled, as you already have the result item (they are still in the list, remove comment dashes to enable)
    • +2 Combat Discipline boosters
    • +750 XP boosters
    • Best (mostly level 20 epic) wargear from vanilla campaign
    • All purity seals from vanilla campaign
    • Squads start equipped with said level 20 gear
    • Squads start at level 20 so they can equip said gear
    • Some skill point redistribution so squads have better traits in mission 1 (total points unchanged)
    • Jonah is unchanged

Download: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/d...mod/37234.html
    Also: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpjbgcjsshlz49g (updated)

Install:
    Extract the included WargearUnlocker folder and WargearUnlocker.module file to your dawn of war 2 folder, then set the launch options of your game to -modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev. You can extract one or both mods, the .module file is the same in both.

Usage:
    Start a new campaign or import from vanilla DoW II to CR. In Chaos Rising, you can disable the mod after the first mission; in DoW II, everything else will remain but disabling the mod will remove your expendable items (which should not exist in vanilla normally).

What does it do:
    It adds the items to inventory.lua (starting inventory) for both campaigns. No mission files are changed. However, campaign_description.lua for the vanilla campaign is changed to allow expendable items. For Chaos Rising, squads.lua was changed to mod the default equipment and skill point distro.

Awesome! I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Ill try this out
    Last edited by xknuckles; 29th Aug 10 at 10:20 AM.

So this is only for new campaigns, and won't grant gear to an existing one? I'm looking to get the expendable items that increase stats.

I'm also curious as to how this affects imported games.

Imported campaigns should work just like new ones.

For existing campaigns, I suppose you would have to copy the items you need and put them into the reward list for a mission you haven't done yet. That's pretty simple, though.

To clarify, the second download includes the same information as the first, just with the CR stuff correct?

The first one is for the vanilla campaign, the second one is for the Chaos Rising campaign.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I just finished Chaos Rising on primarch with this mod. The wargear showed up after the first mission with no problems. However, 90% of drops throughout the campaign were white quality. I had first thought it was because the game wouldn't drop duplicates of items you have... but the other 10% of items dropped was always a Axe of Unending Fury. Sometimes I would get this drop multiple times a mission (the final mission for example I got 3).

Anyway, thanks for putting this together. The item dropping weirdness isn't a big deal... having all that loot from the beginning is really what is nicest

edit: should note I 'turned off' the mod after the first mission so I could get the primarch achievement. About to play the original DoW2 now

So do I need to use the "-modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev" with the Steam exe or the one for Dow II? And after mission one I can just start the game from the Steam games library as usual?

Edit figured it out: For those who need the info the shortcut should look like: "X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 15620 -modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev where "X" is the drive with Steam installed.

Played through the 1st mission of Chaos Rising on vanilla and with the mod. Needless to say the mod makes quite a difference
    Last edited by cmacq; 3rd Sep 10 at 3:07 PM.

@cmacq

In steam you simply right click on Chaos Rising, go to properties, and set launch options to -modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev

Much simpler and faster

Thanks didn't know that, I've been away from the game for a while : )

damn...i always thought just -dev >.<
    LSA|Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Octo
    However, 90% of drops throughout the campaign were white quality. I had first thought it was because the game wouldn't drop duplicates of items you have... but the other 10% of items dropped was always a Axe of Unending Fury. Sometimes I would get this drop multiple times a mission (the final mission for example I got 3).
    The game doesn't drop duplicates of unique items and thus you should only get white stuff. The weirdness is probably because there's an axe (level 29 epic Frenzy of the Berserker - I assume you actually meant this, as I can't find an Axe of Unending Fury in DOW2 or CR files) that has the "unique" property incorrectly set to "false" like white items. So that's probably why you keep getting the same axe...

Quote Originally Posted by cmacq
    Played through the 1st mission of Chaos Rising on vanilla and with the mod. Needless to say the mod makes quite a difference
    Yup... For example, default Avitus has - IIRC - an Improved Heavy Bolter, and he's missing his best trait (no setup/teardown)... doubt anyone would have finished DOW2 like that...

I know this is possible, but not sure how: how would I make it so that this mod loads up along with your point reassign mod?

Actually you can just combine them by moving the files from one to the other. So if you had the wargear mod and the points mod in separate folders, you would e.g. move the contents – which would be a "data" subfolder – of \ReassignPoints\ into \WargearUnlocker\ (if I remembered the folder names correctly). Or the other way around. Then normally start the mod you added files to.

The .module file in both of these just tells the game to look for stuff in the \<ModNameHere>\data\ folder, so any stuff you put in either one will override default data, as long as the directories and files have correct names.

when repacking gamedefault.sga, is there anything special i need to do to make sure it all works together?

at the start, the game doesn't have any of the intro sequences, and simply goes to the logo screen. then the menu, which works fine, and i hit campaign and its still working. then i play the first mission, everything is gravy, but then after the first mission the screen is black bar the squad equipment screens. no exit menu, no map, no talking from thule. its quite odd.

or am i not supposed to repack gamedefault to get it working?

edit: disregard all that. i got lucky and the game ended up giving me all the wargear due to a lucky save.
    Last edited by mred; 4th Sep 10 at 10:27 PM.

Even though you said disregard, I would strongly suggest not modifying and repacking stock SGA files under any circumstances. There's absolutely no reason to do that, ever. (Well, now somebody probably tells me a reason...) But seriously, don't do that.

i do it with gameattrib, and it seems to work fine, but it's a lottery half the time.

i'm not much of a modder, so don't know how to make override files.

I assume you want to combine different mods? Well, basically you make a folder called, say, MyMod, put your stuff there (directory structure and file names must be right, of course) and make a MyMod.module file that points to your stuff. Then start the game with launch options -modname "MyMod" -dev.

You can also make your own SGA archives and put them to your own folder - so you only have one file for easy management and don't need the -dev launch option - or put them into the GameAssets\Mods\ folder for auto-loading. But if you like to add/remove stuff, separate files and -dev might be more convenient.

So maybe take an hour to read some how-tos on the modding forum and learn that stuff? It's not that complex, really. And you don't have to worry about screwing online compability, game updates or whatever could go wrong when tampering with the default data.

Pocari Very nice job with the mod. I love it. The gear is great and adds just the right boost to your squads.

One thing though, sometimes the gear is there after finishing first mission and sometimes not. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Loken

Cheers
    Loken, Garviel, Loyal Space Marine Captain, Luna Wolves
    Staff Sergeant (Med Ret) USMC

LokenIstvanIV

I want to strongly second Pocari's advice about making a separate mod folder.

I put SquadMod, for example, into it's own folder, so I wouldn't have to mess around with shuffling files when I wanted to continue the co-op game I was in. And when I started a co-op game with custom colors I put those files into their own folder.

When I started tweaking SquadMod I put *that* into it's own folder, so I wouldn't have to worry about messing with the original files.

And I had my own mod before hand, with it's own folder. Then when I started making some big changes to Squad Mod for a custom chapter campaign (Jumpacked Command Squad, "See but don't be seen." tac and dev squads, and CR's Librarian) I put all that into it's own folder.

What would have been a hell of identically named but incompatible files was tamed very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by LokenIstvanIV
    One thing though, sometimes the gear is there after finishing first mission and sometimes not. Any Ideas?
    No... I don't understand how that could be. Are you sure the mod starts up every time? You don't have multiple shortcuts with and without mods, or such? Like setting the launch options for Dawn of War II in Steam, but then clicking on Chaos Rising?

24. Tabletop Senior Member  #24
    Just to confirm, which folder do I place this in within the DOW2 folder to make this work? Total newbie to this sort of stuff.

The main DOW2 folder, which is named "dawn of war 2".

Hey is this mod working for CR v2.4? I tried it last night, but it didn't appear to work. Thanks in advance!

HUM I haven't tried it myself but it may be the .module file must be updated if 2.4 added new SGAs. I can't get to my desktop comp until next weekend so if someone else doesn't want to do it, I'll get back later. Checking/changing it is easy, just open DOW2.module and WargearUnlocker.module side by side in a text editor and see if DOW2.module has new lines.

The actual campaign LUAs should be cool, I can't see a patch affecting those in the near future, really.

I'm by no means a modder, but here are the differences I found between the module files.

DOW2 Module
    [data:common]
    folder.01 = GameAssets\Data
    archive.01 = GameAssets\Archives\230_data.sga
    archive.02 = GameAssets\Archives\220_data.sga
    etc...

WargearUnlocker Module
    [data:common]
    folder.01 = WargearUnlocker\Data
    folder.02 = GameAssets\Data
    ; archive.01 = WargearUnlocker\Archives\WargearUnlocker_data.sga
    archive.01 = GameAssets\Archives\230_data.sga
    archive.02 = GameAssets\Archives\220_data.sga
    etc...

That's the only real major difference I see, besides the title info at the top and this line (it's 230 in the DOW2 module):
    ; 210_ prefix defined in //DOW2/Tech/Tools/Build-dev/Targets/Framework/Config.py

Thanks,

seems like i just get "some" wargear but not all
    does i make something wrong?

not working at all for me, all i get is fatal scar error execution stopped whenever the map actually loads for a new campagin, tryed fresh instal, playing with the module file atm but idk

----------

ok so i isolated the problem, the fatal scar error appears to be unrelated to the mod but happens anytime i start a new campaign wen useing " -dev" or anything with -dev in it. any ideas ?

i made it like this:

the modname -def in steam
    then installed the both files "module & campaign stuff"
    played the first mission and just got...maybe 20 weapons with my old ones from imported campaign...some armours,seals and maybe 10 commander items
    i thought it will give us more?

question is it possible to use a saved game file from someone who have all items and the campaign files?
    that should work or not?

i hope someone will reply here

I see no reason why not, although im still unable to make the game play in -dev mode, so its the only option i have, (this is really annoying me)

seems like its not full working with imported games...but really we dont need them...with can boost our xp etc. with the boosters.

mine works now really good.

is it possible to get some hidden items too?

hey i dont have this game through steam so i need to add the command manually and im not exactly sure how to do that. this is what it looks like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising\DOW2.exe" so if someone could tell me how and where to add -modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev that would be amazing.

seems like its a illegal version or?
    i mean how can u play that game without steam?...

well i didnt buy it so i guess you could put it that way. i can run the game in -dev mode but i cant run it with -modname "WargearUnlocker" -dev.

Currently fleeing Medrengard aboard Strike Cruiser "Black Perdition" following successful gene-seed raid
    Eh...doesn't work. Extracted the files to my Dawn of War 2 folder, ran game in the -modname "WargearUnlocker"-dev but nothing happened. Played a new CR campaign, and imported an old campaign, both didn't have the wargear. Unless there's something I'm missing?

u should not import an old game...its useless u know...cause u can boost all ur units to a maximum...
    so just place the modname thing in steam..run a new game and u will see at the start.
    that cyrus and co. have diff. weapons etc. if not...then another try, xD

Currently fleeing Medrengard aboard Strike Cruiser "Black Perdition" following successful gene-seed raid
    I did. Imported didn't work, so I created a new CR campaign. Also didn't work. Unless what you mean is create a new vanilla campaign.

nono, not creating a vanilla campaign...i've also made it in the same way that you did.
    hm...the...module...in dow2 folder the other folder in data i think...and then the modname thing in steam...
    it just won't really work if u import a campaign...u must start a new CR campaign and cyrus etc...will start with new weapons and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine1992
    Eh...doesn't work. Extracted the files to my Dawn of War 2 folder, ran game in the -modname "WargearUnlocker"-dev but nothing happened. Played a new CR campaign, and imported an old campaign, both didn't have the wargear. Unless there's something I'm missing?
    I think you must be doing something wrong, as it (still) works fine for me. Either you misplaced the files or mistyped a launch option? (Can't see many other choices really.) You're missing a space there before the -dev, are you 100% sure you typed it corretly in Steam? And there is a WargearUnlocker.module file and a WargearUnlocker folder in your dawn of war 2 folder under steamapps\common?

Quote Originally Posted by Azariah
    it just won't really work if u import a campaign...u must start a new CR campaign
    No, if the mod is launched properly it will also work with imported campaigns (as I wrote in the original post).

...oh, it's under the steamapps/common file and not steamapps/common/dawnofwar2 folder?

Hmm, I may try it again if I have the time. Thanks.

and why exactly the common folder? i just had placed the module file in my dow2 folder and the wargear file in campaign i think then -def thingi in steam and it works
    or is it a wrong way? please explain pocari^^

You misunderstand. Putting the stuff in "your dawn of war 2 folder under steamapps\common" means you must have:
    • Folder: \Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war 2\WargearUnlocker
    • File: \Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war 2\WargearUnlocker.module

Just making sure. Because ppl could put it in the wrong place. Such as a subfolder or the \Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\dawn of war 2\ folder or whatever.

oh a new update i see
    but without new stuff or?

hmm...and which file should be in the folder?
    the module?

cause the "data" folder should be in gameassets and not in the dow2 dict.?

damn im confused now xD...

This mod have it own "data" folder which in "WargearUnlocker" folder.
    Great Tactics come with great sacrifice.

so i doesn't need to place it in gameassets right?
    allright but it still worked xD

oh a new update i see
    but without new stuff or?
    The mod has not been updated. Only the info.

hmm...and which file should be in the folder?
    the module?

cause the "data" folder should be in gameassets and not in the dow2 dict.?

damn im confused now xD...
    Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking. I've been as clear as possible with the instructions.

So, I have a problem: when I start the CR campaign (vanilla or import), everyone has just default items like nothing is equipped at all. Commander has chain sword and bolt pistol and no health kit, etc...

Would it be possible for you to post the lines for the default starting items (Kraken Tooth) in CR so I can stick those in the inventory.LUA and just start the game with out the squads.LUA
    (by sticking the inventory.LUA in gameassets\data\.... and just running -dev)

I've tried to find them, but haven't been able too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information