Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

[SS] Warhammer 40k - Firestorm over Kaurava / Purgation of Kaurava

Well I have been doing some testing with the Nurgle AI and my conclusion is that chaos seems to greatly favour the chaos lord and demon prince combination. The AI spawns the chaos sorcerers very rarely making it fairly difficult for the great unclean one to appear or any other greater deamon.

Perhaps there is a way to force the AI to spawn a chaos sorcerer and some how force him to upgrade to the great unclean one once it is available.

If anyone is wandering I am trying to find out if the Nurgle AI crashes when they summon a GUO.
    Last edited by passman9997; 10th Aug 12 at 6:40 PM.

1) If the same DoPossess or DoSpawn AI scripts exist for the conjurer squad to have this then it should happen but..
    2) Depends on the prereqs needed to do either the DoPossess or DoSpawn or..
    3) Depends in the UnitStats.ai file how "favoured" the Sorcerer is verses how the Lord is. Seems like the Lord is more favoured but could be cost-related also..

Depends on some factors but not hard to investigate if someone has the code

Regarding necrons, are you likely to update the stats of their existing PoK units to match the new codex at any point? I know nothing about modding, so I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Great to know the the mod is still under development!

I found the icon templates in this release, but the chaos one is not complete: is it available a full one?
    Thanks

On some maps there is bug, like castle ....stein, don't remember the name actually. Do someone know how to solve it?
    And Inquisition is too strong, when they get enought resources
    Ang i got a question. Will you make appearence of the space marine like chaos marines? Just to divide Space marine to look like standrd, space wolfs, blood Angels and dark angels.
    MILK!!! More MILK for Khorne flakes!!!

Hello all, this there currently a way of adding other mods into this awesome mod (eg Steel Legion)

@Falcon There IS a way to utilize multiple mods at once...but I don't remember how. xD Look it up on YouTube. I remember there's a video that shows how to combine four different mods. Unfortunately, I remain unsure as to whether PoK can stack onto other mods. You'll have to try it and see.
    Praise the Emperor and strike down his foes!!

PoK stacking with other mods is doubtful as PoK's gameplay is too different from base Soulstorm's, which your average race mod isn't built for.

Will the Tau faction finally have voiced Gue'Vasa?

@Slayer0fKings I don't remember what the Gue'Vasa are, but I doubt that the PoK team will add new voices for units anytime soon.

The IG who defected to Tau

Ah, okay, thanks.

Irregardless, that's probably still out of the question, at least for now, being as there's so much the team still needs to do.

Sry if I ask, however.
    What are you working on?

@Black Templer

Last I heard, Melooo was fixing bugs and other various issues, although I could be mistaken.

Hello. First of all - great mod! However I have a question regarding the game mechanics. What happened to the turret/listening post upgrade thing? I saw that Tau for example, or Eldar if I remember correctly, have access to both laser and rocket turrets. Now I usually play as IG or Space Marines and can't upgrade neither the heavy bolter turrets or listening posts to their rocket equivalents. Do these factions are meant to have turrets like these or is it a bug of some sort? I've installed the mod correctly, of this I'm 10% sure. Thanks in advance for the reply.

@Sraka Yeah, the Tau FINALLY got turrets (my brother was overjoyed, being as he's a Tau player). As for listening posts, they still can upgrade, but they don't increase requisition by upgrading defenses/weapons. As for turrets, I am unaware of this issue. Will check it this weekend and post back here when I confirm.

Thanks! I was just courious because Tau seem to be able to upgrade their listening posts with both blasters and rockets later on in the game. I don't understand why IG or SM (CSM as well maybe?) can't also do that? I appreciate your help there.

Sorry for the double post but I'd also like to know if it's normal for the AI to not upgrade any of it's vehicles. Every time I play with AI it's Leman Russes, Falcons, Landspeeders etc. are bare, no upgrades. AI does upgrade it's infantry tough. Oh, and one more thing - the computer seldom uses grenades and other explosives. Are these things dependant on difficulty level? I'm 10% sure that I've installed the mod correctly. I don't know, maybe the AI was behaving like this in original DoW but I've played it so long ago that I can't really remeber it.

Well, I know that I've installed the mod correctly, and I keep encountering vehicles that don't have upgrades or use abilities (possibly attributable to difficulty level), so I think that's normal. If it's a bit too easy, do what my brother and I do and fight like three or four different players on a team. That usuallly gets pretty interesting real fast (although nothing that Captain Boreale can't handle xD).

Ha! Thanks for the advice. On insane difficulty Tau can be a real pain in the ass. Shame that Tyranids are still quite easy, but they're a submod so that's normal I guess. Did you found out anything about those turrets for IG and SM? AI players can't upgrade them as well. Maybe in this mod they're meant this way. After all-IG and SM have a lot of heavy options so giving them rocket turrets could be a bit of an overkill. I know that Tau still have the ability to built laser (anti-infantry) and rocket (anti-armour) turrets/listening post upgrades tough. Some clarification here would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sraka; 20th Oct 12 at 8:09 AM.

Well, I tested the turrets thing...and got the same result. Space Marine turrets are not upgradeable, so it's not an error in your game. Likelier than not, this is going to become standard for all races eventually, although I am not 100% sure.

Does anyone know if Meloo is still working on Purgation? It'd be sad to see such a great project die out.

Long ago without news of this mod, anyone know if this is currently developing or standing ?

Hi, back from the warp for a few...

will make some more fixes release patch and then will vanish again for as long as the Chaos gods deems xD
    Sadly, Melooo has vanished back into the warp and the patch that supposedly was to be released never saw light. Hopefully he'll be back.

Hi people!

just came back a bit to announce that Baz (FoK Team) is taking care of this mod now.
    I might still be around once in while and help with minor stuff here and there but I'm no longer involved with DOW1 modding that much, sorry
    -++Orks!...Burn the beast!!!...++-

yes not to worry guys ill do my best to bring you new toys and full of lore love. but as always i point out RL may at time hold me back but ill be here.

We're going to miss you melooo

haha don't worry he wont be gone for long I think

Wow this is very unexpected. It rocks that baz is back but I can't believe that melooo is leaving.

Edit: One may wonder what is going on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by passman9997; 12th Jan 13 at 1:43 PM.

Thank you Melooo for your work on this mod! And thanks to Baz to continue to work to the best (imho) SS-DOW mod.

32. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #432
    Melooo is just busy, really

Not surprising, RL gets the better of most of us!

well ill let you guys in on a little secret. POK will be merged with FOK. FOK SS is in the making with me and MK from the old team. I also have deathwatch78 by my side too hehe. so things are moveing. I have 5 new models Just about ready to go ingame. one of them is Chaos Termys. so you can look forward to previews soon guys. But RL may get me from time to time. but not to worry. Melooo is still around but he is busy, he will return at some point to help out when we need him,

Melooo is still some what around, Gorb is here, baz is back, Mirage Knight is in, now bring back Horus and Fleshp0int!

Anyways good luck! Many of us are surely looking forward to this.

I believe Horus is busy with modding Dawn of War 2, but Fleshp0int has already passed on his knowledge to baz443311 so that's a partial win. I'm also on the team doing minor AI work and some attrib coding, so hopefully we'll be able to give you an AI that is absolutely terrifying on higher difficulties.

What a great news to hear, you even manage to bring back Mirage Knight again. I hope we will have chance to see hr space marines models for every sm unit as well as those beautiful chaos dreadnoughts.

We have lots of stuff planned. Just keep visiting the Adeptus Modificatus and keep an eye out for our posts.

I'm very glad that POK is back in action and being combined with FOK? Yesss! Melooo is gone though, I'll miss ya pale! The donation to you was worth it!
    Mods In Progress: Ultimate Apocalypse | Daemons Mod

Beware, my Ultimate Apocalypticinator!

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    What a great news to hear, you even manage to bring back Mirage Knight again.
    Maybe...

40. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #440
    All the gang are back, hey?

@Gorb: sorry for posting, thought you are interested in, enhancing graphic of this mod, as i stated it is not my work, thought, just a help for people enjoying this already oustanding piece of work a little more, i apologzize for posting against rulez, please let me know if it might helped you
    The duty of a soldier ends only with his death.

Storm shield wip.

Delicious shield.

Very good indeed. It gives off a "dark" feeling of seriousness.
    -In search of Papasmurf...

45. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #445
    Hnnngh, ten attacks at Strength 4 resulting in a 30 - 400 damage range. Hnnngh.

Sorry Melooo <3

you might want to know there's some minor mapping issues with the current terminator storm shield so it might look a bit odd even if the texture is, at it looks, really good.

MaggotMaster that has all being fixed

48. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #448
    Now ten attacks at Strength 4 results in 272 - 548 damage (before armour modifiers)! Theoretically.

Much nicer maths.

Looks exactly like Fleshp0int work, pure perfection. Great job Baz. I wonder how much changed in FoK gameplay wise, so much time has passed since mod changed status to private beta. So...release date when ?, just kidding, take your time guys.

50. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #450
    The gameplay is currently undergoing a revision under Mirage_Knight's supervision. As we're taking the base gameplay of FoK, we're still adhering to the base mechanics laid down (funnily enough) by Melooo in years past, but those mechanics are undergoing changes to fix a lot of the deep-rooted problems with the mod.

For example, floating lots of Power in the later stages of the game; I've hopefully come up with a way to mitigate that before I take a look at base-building (which I loved in FoK due to Generators being necessary to build structures).

Once again I just want to stress my thanks to Melooo, for both being so accommodating as well as his generousity with his hard work as well as crafting most of the mod's game mechanics in the first place.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information