Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Firefall

Firefall is being awfully laggy for me (even more than usual !). I died twice and lost a thumper to lag and now I'm angry.
    I think I'll wait for a bit to get back in the game.
    Retired. No longer for sale.

nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan

If anyone still has invites left. I would be really thankfull if you could hook up a friend of mine.
    faninnaATwebDOTde

cheers.

What is this? I don't even...

So, the latest patch makes Over-thumping resource nodes no longer possible. It also changes other things as well, but that was the most noted thing to me.

----------

I'm about to give up on this damn game. Try and manually make my way back to the starting area since I can't find any PvP terminals and the gliding system sucks total fucking ass and I get killed by a Chosen Squad because they're too fucking accurate with what should be a pea-shooter assault rifle. They take too long to kill from my Plasma Launcher and of course when I do kill them, there's only a small chance that they might drop a small health power up that doesn't even get me out of the red.

There are so many Quality of Life issues going on that it's beyond comprehension. Yeah I get it's to foster teamwork, but the interface and shit for that right now is well, shit.

You can access PvP terminals remotely through the `/~ button.

You know, documenting this stuff in a simple help database would be very useful, but I guess it's acceptable being a beta and all.

Put together another Firefall Beta video if anyone is interested.

If anyone is up. i'm on mumble.

Edit: shit, scratch that :/
    Last edited by Quak0r; 13th Apr 12 at 12:20 PM.

I'm playing, but just farming Chosen because the AI server has dropped into full retard mode.

Unfortunately, there's always gotta be somebody who comes along and destroys the Warbringer. It pisses me off because there's no reason to destroy them other than spite. There's no profit, the reward for the "mission" is completely worthless. So basically the only reason people do it is to grief because they feel it's morally wrong to farm the chosen for XP.
    "Fear nothing except in the certainty that you are your enemy's begetter and its only hope of healing. For everything that does evil is in pain."
    -The Maestro Sartori, Imajica by Clive Barker

I hate it when people do that, the drops and such from Chosen are at least tolerable.

Warbringer. Oh that thing floating over the beach party. Well noob I am I was killing it trying to find out what the heck it did and if it dropped anything good... hehe ops. lol

Heh. I can understand noobs killing them, but I'm usually farming the one by Inter Hub Command or whatever it's called, not so many noobs out that way.

----------

I have to admit I'm getting a bit bored with the game. Thumping is still fun, but the xp gains from it are so small that I have to go off and do other things if I actually want to level up my frames (I've got Engy to 15, but I want to get Dread and Recon there too and it's just painfully slow).

Even full on farming a Chosen incursion with the AI at full retard, it would take me like 3 days of just farming all freaking day long to get my Dread from it's current level (11) to 15. It's just nuts. And the Dread's best PvE toys are all in the high levels :/

I want a 3 slot HMG, Thunderdome, and Turret Mode II god dammit.

----------

Psst: Tired of having to head back to Copa to check on your refining? Now you don't have to.

So now that PAX East is over and the dev team is back and more or less recovered I think we will see more features implemented and stuff fixed.

Are you guys still playing or have you already burned out on Firefall?

Sorta burned out, but updating the patcher whenever possible to see what's updated.

yeah, slightly burned out, not much to do really. once the melding repulsors are introduced so that we can push back the melding and explore more of the current map, along with more forging/research stuff in addition to being able to let processes run automatically in the forge, and possibly reintroducing the working army/clan system, i may come back, but for now there's just not much to do.
    This is my signature. Fear its meaninglessness! Go on, fear it! Fear!

Still playing, but mostly at off hours... The way they've made mineral deposits so damn scarce outside of the Copa zone, and weirdly common inside it is annoying and counterintuitive, it seems like you'd want to make mineral deposits get better the further from newbieland you went... And during peak hours the area inside the Copa zone is just nonstop thumper wars with people trying to steal any spot you do manage to grab, and generally you can't even grab a spot because there's just too many thumpers everywhere.

Well just party up with people, and snatch spots, other people may be angry however just get a party and have everyone spam thier thumpers when the other people thumpers fly up. They may be mad but they can't kill you or the thumper :P.
    No qaurter back men, only forward or we will hold this line forever!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Row Row Row Fight the Powha

The problem is that no one wants to group up unless the AI is running at terminator mode, which is a minority of the time. So basically you have 100 individuals fighting for thumper space instead of 20 squads of 5. And since player load has an inverse relationship to AI "smartness" (Sorry, AI intelligence is too redundant), you can see the problem with peak hours...

Really? Hmm i just yell group for 30/30 and i get so many people want to join. I guess you got the anti social greedy crowd...

Meh, it happens any time I log in on a weekend, basically. The AI will be in full retard mode because so many people are playing, so no one sees any reason to squad up since soloing the Light Thumpers is trivial when the Aranhas don't actually attack and all you have to do is make sure you blow up the explosive ones...

Oh yeah i played on the weekends before, the ai is just retard stupid. Good choosen one farming though. Well you can always do the thumper parts event, it give some resources.

The denizens of New Eden have become more self-aware and less concerned with the fluttering of butterflies and squirrels.
    • AKA they will own your face so watch out.
    • We've made major improvements to the AI servers, but have not lowered their lethality until we have a chance to watch what happens. Expect some tough fights.
    From yesterdays patchnotes

Changed the thumper location check to prevent placing thumpers in locations that creatures are unable to reach. Sorry mushroom farmers.
    AHAHhahahah xD

The Assault plasma cannon had its splash damage radius and direct damage slightly reduced.
    The Assault ability, Shockwave, now does 600 base damage instead of 800.
    Yay! another assault nerf /sarcasm
    I will be annoyed if i can't one-shot mosquitoes any more though. guess i'll have to work for that critical success chance to get me a purple plasma cannon.

Added and changed resource veins around Copacabana.
    • No more crystite in resource veins. Only crystite hybrids (Brimstone, Coralite, etc) and Thumper Sifted Earth (can be refined for crystite)
    • Rarer veins are smaller, deplete faster, and have much higher resource distributions.
    • There are more diverse veins available.
    • Overall more veins with more rare resources.
    hope that the veins drop visibly and that entire fields of resources don't just magically disappear 1 second after the hour every hour.

Lovely, another nerf to assault. Aren't Engineers due for another buff with those turrets already getting them assist bonuses?

Big Patch! Trans Hub was added. patching now

Moar important: Friends list.

Squad XP distribution change... Seems fairly good from the notes (Haven't actually played yet). Assaults will be making mad XP in Thumper runs now, but Dreads and Engies should be ok too since you can get assist awards while squadded as well now. Medic... Well, Medic doesn't need more XP.

Chosen accuracy nerf! (About fricking time).

Resonating bolts no longer stick to terrain. Ouch. Recons will be screaming about that. Actually hurts them quite a lot for PvE. Though the new SIN beacon ability is nice for them. Actual recon!

Ooh, Dreads take less time to get out of Turret Mode. That's good.

Engy turrets shoot at lairs and drop pods...

Refining processes 1C, 1D, and 1E added. Major thumbs up on that.

Carbonite casing and titanium plating... Armor for your battleframe?

Random equipment nanoprints removed from vendors! Nuuuuuuu! I should have bought ten thousand of each blue one

Ooh, bullets can go through water! Finally!

I'm still hoping they'll give Dread HMGs bullet penetration like Recon Sniper Rifles, but it's not in this patch sadly.

wow, big patch. i'm counting 3.4Gb

Good changes there, although i've again lost the ability to one-shot those really annoying mosquitoes. i want my 4x aoe (native aoe + 3aoe modules) 830+ dmg plasma cannon back

carbonite casing and titanium plating is most likely going to be required for building new frames, equipment, etc.

I'm eager to see the performance changes and spelunk around at night. with flashlights.

So with the Chosen Accuracy nerf, how much more laughable will they be when the AI goes full retard like it usually does in large groups?

chosen are actually rather deadly, as all the modules have had their health/damage bonuses slashed in half yet again. i can barely kill a patrol on my own anymore, not to mention incursions. assault chosen still as deadly as ever. the accuracy reduction didn't really change much except they miss at range. that's it. consider them having aimbots (...) with slightly lowered accuracy.

In all, chosen assaults are more deadly than before due to the module bonus reduction.

In other news, I burnt through 320'000 crystite for research and manufacturing in 10 minutes, more or less. the new tech/research/refine/manufacture system is kind of cool, but i still wish i had 4 slots.

So because the modules got nerfed, the Chosen got buffed?

Just think of this, all chosen are snipers, and they will catch your ass off guard and blast a few holes in your back while you are surrounded by 100 bugs.

The problem with Chosen is that they feel unfair. You get shot outta nowhere and you have no way of avoiding their attacks other than cover or GTFOing really quick. When I fight them it's a matter of dealing as much damage as possible in a short time (unless it is safe to get behind cover), because they just won't miss.
    Fighting the Chosen isn't fun, even when you beat them.

Yeah, I find the bugs to be way more fun since they actually make you pay attention to what they're about to do. The Chosen? They just fill you full of holes mostly, bland, generic, and painful to fight.

Heh, chosen scariness varies immensely based on your frame. They're deadly to recons, frustrating for assaults, sort of fun for engineers, punching bags for Dreads, and just lulz for Medics with drainguns. Though they're doom for Medics with any other weapon.

Figures, my love of all things exploding over all things turned into a colander make me suffer against Chosen.

35. General Discussions Senior Member The Studio Senior Member  #235
    Hmm want to play..

Anyone who wants to play and does not have a key, PM me your email address.

Just noticed a reference to Game of Thrones in one of the patch notes. The night is dark and full of terrors.

OH, and we all now have +2 invites for the beta, so if anyone wants a key, ask away.

39. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #239
    Anyone got any invites left? Doing some Research for Blackbird :-D

I do Uber. I told you to PM me your email so I could send you an invite a couple pages back

Patch notes say we have flashlights now. Sounds interesting...
    Also, free invites n_n

Double post for great information: http://www.firefallthegame.com/blog/...pdate-_-part-3

They want to get rid of levels and xp grinding ! That's amazing. Battleframe and equipment customization looks way more interesting too.

I like the idea, though I'm not sure how it will affect PVE, because they seem to be talking about it almost entirely in PvP terms.

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, but if it goes almost purely PvP, it'll be even worse than Global Agenda.

Global Agenda isn't bad :<

I've played it before, I can attest that it is indeed, bad.

no ur mom is bad
    Actually, I really like how they handle one-shot coop pve missions. If MWO and other games could copy that the world would be a better place. Firefall wouldn't seem to need that kind of thing for now, but maybe in the future people will get bored with just thumping around.

Yeah, the 'wait for balanced team' option is a really good thing, that's for damn certain. Then the only problem is that if the medic is dumb enough to be a poison medic or nanite user.

To interlude here, I have 2 invites if anyone wants them?

Now I've heard they are abolishing the current level system for a tier system is that true?

Yes it is true.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information