Graphical tearing in WorldBuilder

Graphical tearing in WorldBuilder

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you could please help me out with a little problem I'm having in the WorldBuilder?

Pretty much everything is going as it should, except that when I apply the grid overlay the map textures begin to tear, and when I zoom in the whole visible area becomes completely black.

For example:

Its fine, until...

..the tearing begins...

...and becomes impossible to work with.

Nothing like this happens when I play the game with pretty much maxed out settings, so I was wondering if it is some nuance of the WorldBuilder I had not yet figured out? Also, I'm running it with -dev and -noshadows, on Windows 7 64 if that has anything to do with it?

Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me.

2. Forum Subscriber  #2
    I´m running W7 64 as well and havent seen any problems like that, i dont use -dev or any other ext.

it looks like you may have an overlay on...ive seen such instances when an overlay is on things can go all black when you zoom in to close....i might be shooting at the wind here. but next time you load it hit toggle overlay and see what happens...other than that thats the only time ive seen that kinda look in wb.

just a thought.

edit:ok read your post again you mentioned zooming check toggle overlay.

That's what I mean, the problem only occurs when the grid overlay is on, everything is fine without it. Its just that I find the grid overlay useful, and was wondering if there is any way to get rid of it? I can live without the grid overlay though, so its not a big deal if not.

Thanks though!

Its just that I find the grid overlay useful, and was wondering if there is any way to get rid of it?
    i don't believe you can get rid of it, i know it sucks...me myself when i use it i set it on grid 5m and zoom out a bit till this effect doesnt happen. after awhile you get use to it.

Ah, okay, no worries. I suppose I'll have to learn to live with it then. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information