Dawn of War 2 Retribution- Reincarnate
Welcome to Dawn of war 2 Retribution - Reincarnate
Me(Adratus) - The Dark Lord(Mod leader), Coder, Concept
Stranger - Modeller, Animator, Texture artist
Me(Adratus) - Active
Stranger - Non Active
[SIZE=3]You can get current Retribution version(version 4.0.0) here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20988...sion+4.0.0.rar
Version 4.0.0 features a long term worth of balance and polish, see below for more details.
This is the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOW2-Reincarnate?
Use this group to arrange games etc.
Whats New in Version 4.0.0
Version 4.0.0, has been in the making for a long long time, as lots of you know
, however I hope it was worth the wait. In general, this is just a big balancing patch from the last version, but it does make all the difference.
Here's a list of changes (probs more than I can remember
- Lots of small balance changes which I can’t remember :P
- devastators and havocs can no longer research lascannons or auto cannons and get 2, they must have the leader for the second one, can mix and match different weapons with the new leader upgrades.
- Chaos terminators can no longer enter buildings
- Nob squad size reduced by 1
- Can now use chapter DLC
- Guardsmen now have grenade launchers
- Guardsmen now start off with 8 men + sergeant
- Guardsmen free reinforcement mechanic reworked, sergeant now does not grant 1 extra man per reinforce and commissar now only grants 1 extra free man
- Ogryn’s melee damage slightly decreased
- 250 victory point match is now unlimited, so enjoy 2 vs 2 vs 2 or FFA annihilation
- Space and Chaos marine predators lascannon area of effect reduced to 0, upgrade cost reduced.
-Eldar webway cost increased, comes with a healing aura though.
- no more secondary hero’s, weird boy, Liberian and autarch back to normal.
- Slightly changed AI
- homagaunts, termagaunts, and lictors have no up keep cost, used to balance out tyranids encomy
- Honour Guards cost decreased, squad size also increased
- Space marine plasma devastator sergeant upgrade cost increased
- HQ health decreased to 6000
About The Mod
This like the title says is a mod for Dawn of war 2 Retribution, the mods aim is to capture more of the fluff feeling of Warhammer 40K whilst still maintaining a fun and balanced game. Unlike with the previous version of the mod, this new version keeps Relic's balance in place, with only minor modifications to each unit. Some units however have changed a lot but all in the style of Relic's vanilla gameplay style. So if you love Dawn of War 2 but felt like it could been just that much more "fluffy" this is the mod for you.
As said before the gameplay is very much like vanilla with only a few additions to give it that little something more, a few new units have made it in and a couple of new "Secondary heroes" which act as another commander for your race. There has been lots of attribute tweaking to create as balanced game as it can be, changes which you will most likely have to learn over time. Below I will explain some of the general and race changes that have been made.
Adratus's AI (AAI)
New and greatly improved AI feature in this mod, they play more aggressively and will give you a run for your money (unless you are as good as me :P). Don't expect them to run around the map capping while you build up a force like they did before, they will find you, and they will kill you. They also can build all the new units in the mod, if they choose to that is.
- Total pop cap has been raised to 120 for each race
- A vehicle cap has been introduced, each race can now have only 3 vehicles at any one time, not including transports, the exception to this is guard, who can have 4 vehicles at any one time.
- Quick start now doesn't just give you 9000 odd of each resource, instead I have opted for the COH version, where you now receive 2200 req and 500 power at the beginning, this allows the game to quickly progress without it just being a "rush to tier 3 and spam tanks" game.
- A unit in a race is "as seen" now, meaning for example the marines in a tactical squad no longer have different stats to marines in a devastator squad, there all the same, obviously balanced accordingly.
- Far more challenging AI, fixed errors that they used to do(like nids spam mines) and they will build more units and some of the new units I have added in.
Below is some information on the races and IMPORTANT changes, by no mean all the changes
An small numbered elite fighting force of humanities best warriors, strong in both melee and ranged, a space marine squad can stand up to multiple squads of the other factions. However while they are a serious threat for the enemy in a one on one battle, if out numbered by a lot, which they find all to often, the space marines will find it a hard time to drive back the enemy.
- A new squad making it into the space marine forces are the holy Honour Guard of the company, elite melee troops equipped with powerful weaponry, they can drive back all but the most powerful of foes.
- Terminators now build-able by all commanders at the HQ
Like their fellow loyalist fools, they are an small elite fighting force strong at both melee and ranged combat. Unlike their loyalist counter parts however, they can access the dark powers of their gods, to become a horrible presence on the battle field. With the addition of daemon support, they truly are an evil force, like the marines though, if out numbered they will find it hard to drive the enemy back.
- Khorne bezerkers join the fray, fast melee troops who put the fear in enemy heavy weapon teams
- Rubrics are here, with dark shields protecting them and equipped with inferno bolters, heavy infantry better not stand in their way.
- Chaos Chosen Terminators........enough said
- shrines now can reinforce nearby troops
- juggernaut no longer classed as a vehicle
- Chaos tactical marines upgrade system completely changed
A mysterious and ancient race, what the eldar lack in durability they more than make it up with high fire power. An army that focuses on mobility and fire power, the eldar sneak up around the map picking of starnded squads, untill they can in their heavy infantry and vehicles.
- Guardians now have 2 new upgrades, which turn them into support troops
- Autarch now a secondary commander
- Seer council now a build-able unit
Waaaaagh!!!!! CHOP THEM!! CHOP THEM GOOD!!!!!.......The orks are an army of wild and mindless beats who just want a good fight, and there good at it. Durable low cost troops allow the orks to swoop through the battlefield in a huge green tide, and if big enough, not much will stand in their way.
- Ork Weird Boy now a secondary commander.
The hammer of the emperor, an army built around defense and tanks, the guard are large in number and can pack quite a punch, they have the best tanks in the game and powerful specialized infantry. No other army can hold a potion quite like the guard, which allows them to create effective choke points on the map.
An alien race from the darkest corner of the universe, they are a horrible sight to behold on the battle field. Endless in number and supported by massive monsters of war, they pose a serious threat to any commander.
- NON SYNAPSE units can no longer level up, balanced accordingly
- Swarm lord now more like avatar in terms of health and armour
These are some of the main changes that have been made, there are still a lot lot more which you will find in game, I hope you enjoy the mod and please remember to join the steam group at the top for arranging games. Thanks and here some pictures, will post up more soon.