thank you kindly sir, much appreciated
playing those maps with the mod .....
A dream come true.....
Guys how do I change the CAMERA? it looks weird I want the default one back -_-
guys I'm so sorry if it sounds like that. actually, im not that good at eng. please understand bout it.
i used the word 'expect' cuz i relly look forward to next version and i do love this mod
always appreciate for maker's efforts.
and i just forgot to report these errors, when carnifex used its skill, the letter 'EX' is shown up in exploded area. / Eldar's relic tank needs orks' resources [need waahh banner]
Thanx you for replied my comment.
Last edited by baby38; 28th Jan 12 at 9:42 PM.
I am so very sorry that I cannot help but skim, but this is a good thing. I'm working like a Builder Scarab on 1.62.6. Releasing tomorrow. (I SO hope)
New stuff ingame for 1.62.6. Check out Images.
@etherealtau: If you need a hand in doing SCAR, let me know.
@Tomb Deathwing: I'll be glad to link that somehow just like PsykoTenshi's map.
@Everyone's demands/requests: Every single question/suggestion that should be added to this mod was heard. Like 57% of the information gathered is now in game including small requests, definite errors fixed, some new stuff to see, balance changes, and many many loads of sweat. Hopefully, hopefully 1.62.6 is the LAST of the patches as in dire needs of patching that is.
I played against all 11 races and with all 11 races in 1.62.6, and the game runs smooth and fine now. There really shouldn't be ANY fatal AI errors and there was no hint of a ctd anywhere! But there are a couple things to note which are:
- ucs is not changed yet, I'll do that much later, more important things are left to do.
- Necrons are still overpowered, it is impossible for me to balance them completely.
- There might be something bugged within something I've changed, I changed up way too many things to check.
- No campaign yet.
- May still be little tiny bugs in mod.
- Gates will not be in mod, they are broken.
But that is it pretty much.
I hope I cleared some sadness away from people's minds. Walls are back and better than ever! This patch is the most stable I have ever played with.
EDIT: And Hellboy popped in there before me, nice titan bro.
I came. The next 24-36 hours are going to kill me.
@cylarne I know you said you've changed too many things to check, but I was curious as to whether you would include patch notes with release. I understand this would be mundane and tedious compared to your other work considering all you have to do is find what you've fixed and type it up. Perhaps not for this one considering its about to come out, but maybe for future patch/patches.
Last edited by Sumajin; 29th Jan 12 at 1:15 AM.
Nice titan, sir!
My own mods for Dawn of War game
Awakening of Evil Mod
White Scars Mod
Spirit Storm Mod (Dies Irae)
Rise of Imperium Mod
Emperors Children (w.i.p.)
DoW Realism SS
and a lot of other mods :)
also i was tester of Ultimate Apocalypse mod (in august 2011)
Tester and skinner of Codex Mod :)
titan have weapons 4 quake cannon one devastator cannon one hellstorm one volcano cannon. And when he die he spawn mega nuke!
Is the nuke as awesome as the Tsar Bomb?
Hello all ! Id have a question.
What is the option AI properties and AI Dummies ?
Wich effect have them on gameplay ?
Thank you !!
AI Dummies disables the AI and so they won't do anything. Not really sure about AI properties as I haven't played a game with an AI ally yet
Thank you !
AI Properties seems to like a compilation of option (Wich I think it would be better mantain separated) AI Donation (donation of resource to the allies), AI mapDB (???? that seems to
me totaly new) and AI Highspeed (that I relly don't know wich effect has on gameplay).
And also in AI control pannel Alternative Strategy, I really don't understand wath that option do properly.
If someone can help me I'll be grateful
Mega Nuke? Oh, thats cool sir.titan have weapons 4 quake cannon one devastator cannon one hellstorm one volcano cannon. And when he die he spawn mega nuke!
Here is some things i noticed when i played the mod:
Chaos: Chaos space marine melta gun upgrade pinks the squad image.That needs to be fixed.Also the Dirge caster research has pink icon and Warp Portal
super structure too.
The Demon prince was alot more menacing with Maledictum and Rune Sword from Dawn of war.Even Chaos lord Dracolith has that sword.
GUO Biotixic spit has unfinished animation.
Chaos Warhound needs blood,corpses and spikes to have that menacing look of chaos titan,like you did a marvelous job with chaos predator.
And its weapons should have a different kind of blast,more warp-exploding blast,both plasma blast gun and double turbo laser.
The Daemon pit says that it produces Keeper of Secrets and Lord of change,but there are none of them in there.
The Chaos Space marines and Cultists should have toggled infiltration like IG stormtroopers.
Sisters of battle: The banner has no mark on it,need to be fixed.
Space Marines: Skull probes and Scout Squads should have toggled infiltration like IG Stormtroopers
Orks: Fortress position addon has pink icon
Dark Eldar: the banner has no mark on it
Imperial Guard: Why did they put an infantry and armor doctrines?If i choose one of them,then i have the restriction on the other.
There should be training more infantry AND vehicles.
The valkyrie Transports are suppose to be in Mars pattern command,but there are any in there.
Tau Empire: Teachings of Kauyon description says about the abilities of Tomb Stalker.That needs to be fixed.
Focused Ion Blast ability wont work.There is no "rich technology"upgrade for Ion cannon to have the shield research.
The Cannon firing animation is weird.Its cannon shell just turns blue and then come back to normal.
Eldar: Scorpion Tank is named Gauss Pylon and i think there is a description error too.Plus it has Ork resource,which is completely weird
why is it there anyway.They need to be fixed.The Shrine of Extermination addon has pink icon.
Daemonhunters: Grey Knight Champion has pink icon.
There is this weird shadow that is always on my screen when i build Inquisition Watch.
Necrons: Isnt it more fun to have both Deceiver AND Nightbringer,rather than you have to choose one of them?thats a downer.
Other than that,everything else is fine
Tyranids: Carnifex Bio Plasma ability has unfinished animation.
The Wargear upgrades on heroes in all races take a very long time to be researched.
They should be done in seconds,like the necron lords in Summoning core.
Is it just me or the Superweapons are weaker than in previous patch?
Every race with fortress position addon has their posts toughened,but they dont have the anti-vehicle weapon.
Hope this is helpful
@Sumajin thanks for info,mate.
The tide of Chaos stretches even further!
Aw, ChaosBringer, shoulda sent yer buglist earlier good sir. I now no longer have the time to repatch the mod.
Release is in progress folks.
Hey-hey, I'll post the change log sooner than you think.@cylarne I know you said you've changed too many things to check, but I was curious as to whether you would include patch notes with release. I understand this would be mundane and tedious compared to your other work considering all you have to do is find what you've fixed and type it up. Perhaps not for this one considering its about to come out, but maybe for future patch/patches.
Cant you just delay until its fueled and ready to go?You are boss of this mod after all
holy shiznuts that warlord is epic.......I NEED IT SO I CAN KEEEEEEEEEEEL awesome work apoc team
'You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold.'
- Imotekh the Stormlord to Marshal Helbrecht during the battle for Schrodinger VII
em... that's an Imperator titan! A little bit bigger than a Warlord titan.
Ok, upload in progress. It will be done in like 5 hours.
1,62,6 patch includes:
SpoilerWhat this patch includes:
- Bug fixes.
- Balance changes.
- critical unwanted errors fixed.
- Other changes.
- Warhound Titans no longer cause SCAR errors when the ai creates them.
- Warhound Titan Plasma Blastgun overall maximum damage decreased from 8000 to 6000 damage.
- Walls are added to the mod for IDH, Space Marines, Sisters, IG, Chaos, and Tau.
- Mines location in build menu for all races = 5.
- Turrets location in build menu for all races = 6.
- Melta guns deal more damage overall.
- AI difficulties for Harder and Insane are easier to play against.
- Noise Marine Sonic Blasters are now effective against vehicles and structures, especially effective against Living Metal.
- Noise Marine Blast Masters are greatly effective against structures, and especially super structures.
- Warp Portal and Dirge Caster icons are no longer pink.
- Chaos Marine pink pointy sticks SHOULD be fixed. (Please report if they are not.)
- Proper Chaos Warhound inserted into game.
- Guo Spit ability now contains no bad fx box when the projectile puke hits the ground.
- Reaver Jetbike health decreased by 100 hp.
- Scourger Dark Lance weaponry overall damage and damage versus structures decreased.
- Raiders now cost 100/250 but are equipped with Warriors on its sides automatically.
- Warp Beast melee damage decreased.
- Whyches were weakened slightly, but are cheaper to recruit.
- Dark Eldar Slave Murdered now has a tactic by default to disallow the game crashing.
- Shadow Super-Heavy limit now equals 3. Support cap removed.
- Shadow Super-Heavy health slightly decreased.
- Shadow Super-heavy main weapon no longer knocks back.
- Reaper on hit impact recurring duration removed.
- Reaper weapon damages to all four artillery guns overall damage decreased.
- Hellions health slightly decreased.
- ai can now go to tier 5, woohoo!
- Scorpion Super-Heavy no longer requires a Ork cap
- Dire Avengers and Exarch health slightly decreased.
- Falcon Grave Tank and Wave Serpent health slightly decreased.
- Dire Avenger Shuriken Catapault damage changed.
- Jetbike damage heavily reduced.
- Dire Avenger squad morale improved.
- Harlequins now have morale.
- Dark Reaper weapon maximum weapon ranges reduced from 50 to 35.
- Dark Reaper engage range = 45.
- Harlequins Kiss ability range extended and no longer damages allies.
- Leman Russ Battletank Battlecannon damage increased. Damage versus vehicles for it also increased.
- Mortar Team Mortar weapon overall damage doubled.
- Anti-Tank team Missile launcher overall damage doubled.
- Heavy Weapons Team Lascannon fixed and properly added to the addition of the fixed weapons system (I knew there was something wrong with it!).
- Deceiver no longer requires a Ork cap
- Necron Path of the Deceiver and Night Bringer removed.
- Necron Lord and Lord Destroyer Shroud of Antigravity temporarily removed. An Artifact for this ability will be granted once an icon for the research is made.
- Necron Lord can transform into the Deceiver or Night Bringer again.
- The Night Bringer and Deceiver can transform into the Necron Lord again.
- Listening Post modifiers for generator build time decreased.
- When the Necron Lord possesses the Ctan Gods, a knockback effect will take place if squads are nearbye.
- Necron ai wargear fixed.
- Monolith tier addons now modifies trooper health differently and can now increase the health of the Deceiver.
- Necron Turret researches now have a proper icon.
- Lootas rebalanced. Overall damage decreased and the modifiers are removed.
- Looted Tanks now require tier III.
- Battlefortress support cap = 7.
- Squiggoth pop = 35.
- Gargant pop = 65.
- Ork Wartraks armor type now = vehicle_low, Wartraks now act like scout vehicles. Cheaper too.
- The Arch Angel's abilities recharge MUCH FASTER making her more powerful than ever before.
- The Living Saints no longer possess the Aura of Invincibility which fixes a huge bug in the game.
- The Living Saint now costs 15 faith.
- The Arch Angel now costs 25 faith.
- Arch Angel build time increased from 210 seconds to 230 seconds.
- Force Commander Meltagun fixed.
- Grey Knights are no longer in the army painter.
- Assault Terminators are now in the army painter.
- Turret now requires Shaping Center or Barracks.
- Kroot Carnivore squads maximum loadout increased by 5.
- Vespids now require the Path To Enlightenment.
- Vespids no longer requires a Barracks.
- Vespid reinforce cost now = 40/5.
- Improved Plasma Rifles research (both) has been adjusted to a more balanced level.
- Shield Generators and the Arka Cannon shield ability no longer drains health, but decreases power substantially.
- Shield Generators now requires Tier III.
- Grey Knight Champion no longer has a pink icon.
- Zoanthrope weapon knockback removed, but maximum range increased.
- The Carnifex can now upgrade with ranged weapons.
- Carnifex and Screamer Killer Mass and synckills + special attacks are improved.
Amazing work UA team, fantastic news! I await this ground breaking release.
OH FUCK YEA I CAN FINALLY PLAY OUT MAH ORK BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!
This is going to be so awesome ty so much cylarne !!!!!!! The community was really listened to here, well done indeed!!!!!
Wartraks forced me to change my playstyle with their armoredness, very very very glad to see that was changed.
Thanks heaps for the changelog, each line feels like a new unit waiting to be played. THE WAIT IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Something that i have obviously missed, and has already been talked about previously, is the convo about the honour guard. I think i read somewhere that it was in game before, but was removed. I was curious as to why they were removed, and if they would be implemented in future. I can go into detail about what i would personally like from that squad if it is subject to discussion
Last edited by Sumajin; 29th Jan 12 at 4:44 PM.
awsome job ua team thanks cylarne_04 this mod is so bad ass good job to the ua team
Have you drawn up some concept sketches?It would be cool if there's an additional wall section which has weapons
Have you got a scanner, digital camera, mobile phone with vid?
If you dont feel you can draw the walls.
printscreen then use a paint program to put them into a blank images. then use a drawing device or even a paint prgram to draw up concept images.
Make sure anything you want to transfer on teh net is a Jpeg. when saved.
I might siggest doing something like i did and create an archive of concept images on facebook or some other server.
Malcom_foster@hotmail.com of facebook and under photos you will see my concept work.
That was the best possible way I could think of keeping model or ideas in mind for development.
I would suggest everyone try this. but it would be if you were keen enough.
Also it allows some to look through your ideas and talk more about teh ones that didnt get done straight away.
I see you lurking cylarne, is it ready is it ready!?!?!?!? ( imitating a kid not nagging lol)
There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 4 guests)
EDIT: i mustve refreshed like 20 times now... anticipation lol.
i do want to see titans in game lol.
i hope it released soon
u know... there are titans in the game already
I need to get away from this keyboard for like an hour... refreshing over and over doesnt work lol.
Last edited by Sumajin; 29th Jan 12 at 8:23 PM.
Stalker powers activate!
Now for real: Awesome, dl'ing NOW.
lil' edit: Before any non-tech savvy UA fan gets confused, to install this version you need to unzip it's content's on your Soulstorm directory. So if you got rid your previous UA install... you'll need to install it again :trollface:
Can somebody link it please
Sorry to post one straight away but, fatal AI error....
Okay so im playing on a map called claustraphobia 2 (you can find it on dawnofwar.filefront.com) 4v4 with myself as SM 1 SM ally and 2 IG ally vs 4 Orks.
I had heroes, extreme battles, annihilate, infanty only (i think this was the problem) game timer,change players (more likely the problem)
I noticed that my SM ally was being kinda lame so i switched players, built a few things, then changed through the IG players back to my original. Once i got back to my team the game paused and white writing came up saying "Fatal AI error. AI execution paused. I could resume the game and everything went fine from there.
Had a look at where the scar commands come up, it said:
AI_*ALERT:[string "Races/guard_race/Tactics/CommissarTactic.ai"]:42: attempt to compare nil with number
SCAR - Could not execute rule: AI_Think
I dont know what this means but i hope it helps
well for crying out loud.
Commissar Tactic bugged eh? I'll just remove it then, permanently. I have NO IDEA how any of these not known bugs slip through my fingers, I tested each and every faction against each and every faction and there were no Fatal SCAR errors or AI errors or ctds. This is just impossible.
I'll get another patch up after a few more people report these surprises.
EDIT: Just did a quick fix. Please redownload 1.62.6.
Fixed three errors:
1. Eldar ai is now fully functional.
2. Eldar ai when they create a Scorpion Tank ctd just fixed.
3. IG Commissar Tactic temporarily removed.
Yes I just fixed these just now. Yer welcome good sir. There can't be more crashes or Fatal SCAR/AI errors, there just can't be...
Take your time on it lad.Originally Posted by Hellboy
Last edited by Cylarne_04; 29th Jan 12 at 10:36 PM.
Cylarne i can send you model but only if you can fixed anim create oe and ae. Now my model ingame but she's very large.
somehow Are there any new units that i saw on trailers XP2?
I think it should be clarified that in case anyone got the patch before this, they should download and install it again, as an even newer version including those fixes was re-uploaded on it's place. Just to be absolutely sure.Originally Posted by Cylarne
Also, get ready for a nice video of pure eye candy I'm encoding atm (because I'm not uploading a 3.85 Gb uncompressed beast )
Tanks blastin stuff in UA's latest version (in high settings too )
Last edited by PsykoTenshi; 29th Jan 12 at 11:25 PM.
Carnifex's skill effect is now none-error. Yay
bt, there are some things different with Cylarne's spoiler : Carnifex still cannot upgrade to ranged weapon and i think sync kill is not improved aswell.
Can someone explain how it is improved if you dun mind?
What i found after some minutes of playing:
-In the Necron Energy Beacon the text says, the research for the Deceiver enables Ressurection
-The third Energy Research (called "Rich Technology" ?!) doesn't do anything for the necrons
-The Soulstorm of the Dark Eldar is attackable (I don't know if that's intended)
Just got pwned by the dark eldar via nuke xD Awesome mod!!
And i noticed something strange: In my first game the IDH teched up to the Spaceport Launchpad, in the second game they didn't(not even till now (~5th game?)). The IG nearly always builds the Mars Pattern.
-No icon over head when in cover (<-- intended?)
-Tau Command Post (Tier 2) got 2 tooltips from the attack scarabs
-Eldar "Fleet of foot" tooltip is just "Good against all" (<-- intended?)
-Eldar "Shrine of Extermination" icon in the listening post missing texture
Last edited by Crinvo; 30th Jan 12 at 5:32 AM.
Yes, yes, ucs errors, I can attend to them much later in time.
YesOriginally Posted by Crinvo
Yes it does.Originally Posted by Crinvo
Originally Posted by jacks 3d worldOkOriginally Posted by baby38
Then there is no sync kill. I copied this action directly from the Tyranid mod 0.51b. Why demand such a thing from us?sync kill is not improved aswell.
Can someone explain how it is improved if you dun mind?
Put the walls next to each other via red box that surrounds the walls. Then no one shal pass!Originally Posted by Wolfways1969
@PsykoTenshi: I wanted to see your base. Nice video!
I was just coming to edit my post. Must have built them wrong earlier, but just tried again and they work finePut the walls next to each other via red box that surrounds the walls. Then no one shal pass!
Is there a simple way to half all damage? Or maybe put it in as an option? Infantry die way too fast imo (not just in UA, but they always have)
Last edited by Wolfways1969; 30th Jan 12 at 7:17 AM.
Ok just played as Space marines and wow they play and feel so much better, the enemies also felt a lot more balance and fun to play against.
The only thing I find kind of annoying with marines at the moment is the weapon options for regular marines and sternguard. Swapping the Heavy bolter for the melta doesn't really feel right, and leaves the tactical squads with no long range anti-infantry addition which I miss. The melta just something I never pick as well due to it being so short ranged, the missile launcher is much better for Anti-tank duty. Maybe its just me but I'd prefer if you swapped the melta out and gave the tactical squads the heavy bolter addition instead.
The sternguard also need some changes in weapon upgrades, at the moment they fit the role of a super devastator squad, but there meant to be a super tactical squad. To change this I'd add the weapon upgrade option for them to have a plasma gun, theres a slot free so its not really a problem, and it would fit with the fluff alot more.
So summary to make it easy for scan reading:
-would prefer it if you swapped the tactical marines Melta gun for the Heavy Bolter
-would prefer it if you added a Plasma Gun option to the Sternguard squad
ps. I'm really really liking the patch so far, great work
(Formerly "The Herald")
"The bible is like an EULA. People just scroll past everything and click "I agree" without reading it."
This is my first post on this forum, but i have been a fan of Ultimate Apocalypse for a long time and intensly follow this thread
Just some bugs i noticed in the newest patch:
Reseach Essence of the C'tan Gods:
Description does not fit
Incompatible with the Essence of the Deceiver, Outsider and The Void Dragon
Beacon of the Deceiver:
Has the same description as Resurrection Beacon
Can still produce all 5 marks
Chaos Space Marines with Melta Guns have a pink icon
Description does not fit
Produces: Possesed Marines, Obliterators, Blodletter Elites, Bloodthirster (Khorne), etc....
Just a little something i noticed otherwise this is the greatest mod, cant wait for future updates
HAHA we're kinda cursed since the beginning of having, no matter how much we test, always some bugs left within the public release which make us lateron quite facepalm actually of how we were able to let em pass by .
@baby38: The issue with no Sync Kills (AKA stiff Attacker model and weird behavior of the attacked unit) is based upon the model itself. Cylarne can add as many code as he want as it will still behave stiffy because of the missing and/or improper animations of the model itself. I dunno if it's possibly fixed within the newest release of the Tyranid Mod (Cylarne bro you might try out swapping the older Fex model out and taking the one from the latest Tyranid Mod release) because if not then we can't help you as editing Units via 3D Modelling program is forbidden to us (This is the only way to fix the Fex though). So if you're unsatisfied with the Carnifex Model you might want to talk to the devs of teh Tyranid Mod as we can't help you on that then i am afraid.
@Hellboy: Dude i can fix your Emperor Titan and make your dreams come true as soon as i have some spare time (which is possibly sometime in middle/end of march and early April). Just send me a PM if you're interested...
@Wolfways1969: Infantry does whatever infantry does which is in this case dying utterly ^^. Just see it from the apocalyptic perspective where millions of soldiers die within huge apocalyptic battles. This is not fluff where some mehreens can stand against even the hugest Titans! This the apocalyptic reality! You gonna die here! But at least you can ressurect spam every infantry over and over again via your baracks ^^. Don't get me wrong but if you're dealing 6000 dmg as a Warhound against everything then you'll utterly whipe every squad of Infantrymen because damage is dealt per Unit and not per squad. So having 6000 dmg per Infantrymen will make your guts go round indeed XD.
But heck we might check out what we can do to make Infantrymen more durable making even Space Marines not die like Guardsmen if that's the reality though. You know i don't have anytime to play the mod myself due a very tight schedule up here so don't get me wrong if i dunno anything bout balance bro ^^...
Else have a nice day of course!
EDIT: We're glad that we were able to bring you into the light of Apocalypse baunegaard and thank you for your contribution and bug reports!
Join the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod on STEAM today! LINK TO STEAM And our mod on
@baunegaard: As Cylarne already stated, UCS errors will be fixed much later due to the more important stuff. (UCS = "discription")
Pink Icon, ok but it's not such a big deal.
Can produce all 5? well, then enjoy for as long as you can.
Oh, okay, just took a look via Corsix, i apologize^^Originally Posted by Cylarne_04
The 1.62.6 release seems to go very well from our audience, very good. I am absolutely glad to see no ctds or SCAR errors reported yet.
Last edited by Cylarne_04; 30th Jan 12 at 8:45 AM.
There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)