Ultimate Apocalypse - 1.73.6 Released!

Oh god no...

I remember when the Grey Knights used to be a badass secret order. Not a marines fanboy wet dream. And the secret part has gone to hell as Kaldor appears to be as subtle as Goku. And about as overpowered.
    And when the necrons used to be enigmatic galaxy destroyers, not the tomb kings IN SPACE!.

@green tide
    *sigh* those were; the days but i have a theory about draigo:

Clearly, the only explanation for the sheer levels of canon-rape Draigo represents is the simplest one: That Draigo is, in fact, defeated - Chaos cannot be beaten in its own realm of non-space because of the mere fact that chaotic beings are immortal.

Right now, this very moment, Draigo is in fact a shredded pile of torn flesh and shattered bone.

The only reason he thinks "all is well" is because Tzeentch thought he'd have a bit fun with Draigo. He stuck Draigo into a matrix-esque dream world where everything goes his way and is just waiting for Draigo to climb as high as he can. This dream world will probably last until Draigo has crushed the Chaos gods themselves and all their armies beneath his feet and caused the God-Emperor himself to rise from the throne and qit his job!

Then, at the "funniest" possible moment, Draigo will wake up and see what has really become of him and weep tears of utter loss and despair!

"Just as planned"

@pysko
    sorry to seem ignorant but that does that exactly fix?
    Last edited by lootedcarnifex; 10th May 12 at 4:21 PM.

Heavy Metal Bread Loaf PsykoTenshi's Avatar
    @ lootedcarnifex: I knew I had to pick a map where the flags could be seen better.

Currently the Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar have white banners of boringness on their captured relics and critical locations.
    This has been fixed on the Objective Points mod (which UA loads via its module) but the problem persisted on UA. So I fixed the files handling this (crits and relics), and packed it onto a easy to apply fix.

I'll update my "Fix for ALL white banners!" post in a few.

Hey

Hey is it possible to get permissions to use your models they look amazing and you have made lots of cool forge world stuff?

Or PM me here or on MODDB under Abrun4

thanks

OFPWH40K Team .

abrun4 i would suggest pm'ing cylarne best keep matters of that sort between modding teams and not general public

What's it? Looks Dark Eldar with all the blades and the sail.
    Pardon me if it's from the new codex, but I quit tabletop 40k right before 5ed.

Well that pic reminds me of the Dark Eldar TANTALUS hehe slowly some new stuff is modelled ready from Forgeworld and the new race editions from Matt WAAAAAA..<insert infinity here>..AARRDD!
    I don't want to even start guessing what's still left up on Demetrius sleeves model side... ^^ great job on that as always Demetrius.
    Join the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod on STEAM today! LINK TO STEAM And our mod on

Hi everyone !
    I'm here because i have a little issue...
    I used to have one older version of UA (the one with XP1, XXP1 and XP2) and today i realised you did a lot a changes since this version !
    So i upgraded my version (i deleted files, then re-intsalled 1.62.59, and then ran 1.62.62 patch.).
    Everything works fine (great as always); but now i have the $XXXXXX No range thing on nearly every unit connected to the mod :/ Any solutions ?

@ Polowo: That's the well known No Range issue which fortunately is fixed very easily.

If you have that problem you either have a localized (non-english) version of Soulstorm or your computer is very weird. To fix the no range madness:
    -Go to (your Soulstorm directory)\BETA_Apocalypse\Locale.
    -There you will find two folders ("English" and "German").
    -Inside of \BETA_Apocalypse\Locale, make a third folder, and name it as your language, exactly as it is on \DXP2\Locale (or use the "German" folder if that's your language).
    -Copy the contents from \BETA_Apocalypse\Locale\English to your new folder named as your language.

You now should have the corresponding tooltip texts for the mod-related units.

(edit): I think I'm gonna bookmark this post, I use it quite often.
    Last edited by PsykoTenshi; 28th May 12 at 7:45 PM.

11. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #5511
    That's a neat Tantalus

Good to see your modelling consistently improving! Far faster than my own, at any rate
    My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

nothing to do with vid but was holding rubber band inbetween my lips (?) and i pulled on the bottom and it flung up into my nostril
    Just popped up from the crypt full of Vampire Counts to check the forums, and I somehow got a Tantalus shoved in my face! and I must say, it looks fantastic.

@ ALL :Guys?

Any news from etherealTau about those survival maps......Nothing elese good Sir of the apocalypse

Any news from etherealTau about those survival maps......Nothing elese good Sir of the apocalypse
    Feel free to PM him, I keep forgetting. I'm eager to await his ah... uh... uhhhh *drools*.... thing that he does.
    Mods In Progress: Ultimate Apocalypse | Daemons Mod

Beware, my Ultimate Apocalypticinator!

wow i really wanna see those daemons... how about chaos gods? will you guys include them? it would be apocalyptic but if you include them its gonna be OP

What's your current agenda looking like? There are already so many units in the mod that I'm starting to doubt that you can add too many more.
    Support of more race adding mods? Campaign support? Or are there still more units you want to add first?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalen
    I'm starting to doubt that you can add too many more
    Oh you couldn't be more mistaken.

As you may notice on UA's ModDB page, there is plenty of units in progress.

More races has been told a "no" by Cylarne due to the gigantic amount of work it represents (just balancing them properly to UA and giving them more units is MUCH more difficult than it sounds).

But worry not, there will be more units, and not just lolrandomly added. Well placed, needed units. Like an all new Dark Eldar titan (link on the word "mistaken").

I'm really looking forward to all that Dark Eldar and Newcron stuff

I stand corrected..... looks AWESOME!

----------

So are all of the things i see in images from december to janurary all in the mod? Such as demetrius and the eldar cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalen
    So are all of the things i see in images from december to janurary all in the mod? Such as demetrius and the eldar cobra?
    If you mean UA's ModDB image page, not necessarily all of what you see there is already in-game, even less released on a public version.

This fancy Grey Knight variant for example, is already on the latest public version (1.62.62).
    But I'm an alpha tester for UA and I have yet to see many of these in-game xP

Worry not though. Everyone on the community will be able to see them all (yay!) after the Grand Release is out

P.S.: Demetrius is the username here in Relicnews (at least there's also a unit in w40k named like that lol). He posts shots of really nice models he makes in the UA thread every now and then. Of course, there's a good chance I misunderstood your question due to my grammar/syntax interpretation being as flexible as a computer's xD

I'm still currently adding more abilities to dat new Grey Knight variant by RT2. I'm not done with him yet. Those three abilities ain't enough!
    There are already so many units
    more units
    more units
    I too had enough of "more units" ever since January of 2012, what I'm more focused on is new structures, only the most NEEDED units, titans for all races, XP3, Daemons race, ucs revamp which can and will take a long time, and *censored*. Oh and then more units, to make the mod less interesting, so I guess I'll be lazy.

I stand corrected..... looks AWESOME!
    No it's not. Do not listen to the thousands of people saying it is awesome, they Deceive you. Criticize this mod more, oh please, don't fall for anything.
    But yes absolutely! This mod is the worst mod for Dawn of War in the history of boring crap. It is so unpopular and relentlessly unawesome that I'd rather trash it and burn it to ash. The Grand Release would only make it that much worse. And dare I say, boo! Boo!!!! Booooooooooooo!!!! Please ignore the 111 pages, do not let it deceive you.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststalk12
    wow i really wanna see those daemons... how about chaos gods? will you guys include them? it would be apocalyptic but if you include them its gonna be OP
    I would absolutely agree! Well actually I don't, but I want to. We are *censored* *censored* a *censored* *censored* full of *censored* for *censored*. So dang it, I can't really make it OP.

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoTenshi
    Worry not though. Everyone on the community will be able to see them all (yay!) after the Grand Release is out
    HA!!! You're kidding right? Well actually that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoTenshi
    Oh you couldn't be more mistaken.
    Oh yeah, so what we saw screenies, oO so awesome, big deal. But how are they ingame?
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 15th May 12 at 9:41 PM.

'No it's not. Do not listen to the thousands of people saying it is awesome, they Deceive you. Criticize this mod more, oh please, don't fall for anything.
    But yes absolutely! This mod is the worst mod for Dawn of War in the history of boring crap. It is so unpopular and relentlessly unawesome that I'd rather trash it and burn it to ash. The Grand Release would only make it that much worse. And dare I say, boo! Boo!!!! Booooooooooooo!!!! Please ignore the 111 pages, do not let it deceive you.' @Cylarne: uhhhh i hope you were joking ALSO is anyone playing online with this mod? im looking for a game
    'You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold.'
    - Imotekh the Stormlord to Marshal Helbrecht during the battle for Schrodinger VII

@ Arkagunner328: Lord Cylarne is always 100% serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylarne_04
    I'm eager to await his ah... uh... uhhhh *drools*.... thing that he does.
    ALL THE TIME.

@ Cylarne:
    Oh yeah, so what we saw screenies, oO so awesome, big deal. But how are they ingame?
    Most of those aren't even yet on the alpha I got
    ucs revamp which can and will take a long time
    The alpha... I'll stop here.

xD

edit: I was supposed to say "new units rock!!", but it seems I messed up. That's what you get when you entrust non-literal stuff to a guy with a brain made by the Mechanicus.

I also am informed that playing that much as IG isn't healthy for testing, and that I DO have access to the DE Tormertor titan but since I rarely plays as the emo spess elves (since I stink as them) I did not notice it. If you excuse me now, I will go find a way to improve the action of facedesking

edit 2: relicnews y u no show my new lolzy sig after an edit?
    edit 3: y u do now? >:I
    edit 4: ok. i get it. you hate my new signature.
    Last edited by PsykoTenshi; 16th May 12 at 8:34 AM.

I hate playing as the Dark Eldar, but I'm surprinsingly good a it. It was a good Wc3 undead player, and the DE have the same basic features.

I do play online with it with my friend, but I think we're doing something wrong because EVERYONE else is just using vanilla soulstorm

why dont you guys advertise the mod so that it would get popular and many ppl will get interested with this mod? they'll say "apocalypse" when they see this.

@fatalen

yeah i stopped trying to play online once you've tasted UA vanilla is meh

now i just play with ai and reenact "historical" battle's in the 40k universe, an on that subject i have a question for the team if they would humor me, on the subject of the tyranids would it not be more appropriate to have a Hive tyrant as the commander unit? while i understand that stealers are the vanguard of the hive and a broodloard their leader

A hive tyrant would be more fitting to the role as a "commander"

Should I be worried that Comodo picks up a virus within the UA installation?

@Eirikir

its a false positive; trust me i think all of us can vouch for the safety of this mod

Chihuahua,Mexico (its a State in Mexico, not the dog e3e)
    @Eirikir, check the antivirus logs for which virus it found in order to see if its from the UA or other side, there shouldn't be any virus .3. in my case there wasn't

Chaos imperators

Well I do sometimes play online. Ofcourse I require someone to fight which is why I can't play online very often.

Abbattoir

Does everyone here have the online servers names changed to room 1-10 instead of the segmentums?

@ Fatalen: I'm not the only one! I knew it! Unfortunately I do not know how to fix that.

@ Hellboy: This post? I am unaware if some new terms were negotiated with Cylarne (he didn't tell me anything), but afaik...

Many thanks for the confirmation regarding false positive. I have one final question; do I need to install all of the patches or simply the latest? There is no clear indication that the latest patch contains all previous updates.

Just the last update. Installing all of them causes some strange bugs in multiplayer, notably data sync errors.

As my first post on this forum I would like to say this.

I FRIKKIN' LOVE THIS MODDING TEAM, COMMUNITY AND THE OVERALL MOD ITSELF!

You lot are awesome and I'm almost on the verge of giving my left testical in your names.
    I want to thank everyone who made the actual mods and those who combined it into this package that is the Ultimate apocalypse.
    You have made a great game created years ago a joy to play again with friends & family.

My next comments are not me being ungrateful by any stretch of the imagination but rather pointing out a few things from my own perspective after testing.
    I wish to provide both feedback and show my thanks in what I believe to be general queries and constructive criticism to further this mod on its road to perfection.

1. I've heard you are integrating the Dark Prophecy mod into this package - Can you confirm this?

2. Will there be further balancing in later releases as I find the necrons and their multi-Monolith Summoning to be over powered whilst the Orks army capabilities limited due to their WAAAGH resource which I'd think should be removed.

3. Initially I had problems with LAN but the latest release has ammended this issues.
    Will there be more simplistic installation requirements on future releases?

I've started streaming some multiplayer matches and uploading them to youtube.
    Stream: www . twitch . tv/magicalmongoman
    Youtube: www . youtube . com/user/1Fatalen
    So far I've only done 2 matches, but hopefully I'll be able to do more, especially after my exams. So this will show some player feedback to the developers of the mod, as well as hopefully get it more well known.
    (Had to post the links with spaces because of some rule about having to be registered for a certain amount of time.)

ALSO, FIX THE NAME OF THE SCORPION SUPER HEAVY, IT'S LABELLED AS A GUASS PYLON.
    Sorry for the caps but that's been bugging me for a while.
    Last edited by Fatalen; 18th May 12 at 4:51 PM.

@ Adz Dark Cru:
    First and most importantly: Welcome to the forums and the Apocalypse (mod)!

About your questions
    1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylarne on Mod DB
    Cylarne May 17 2012, 12:55am replied:

Many DP mod stuff are already planned for the GR, bro.
    GR stands for Grand Release (just making sure I do not leave any doubts behind).

2: Balancing is always included on new releases

3: Major releases are launched on an installer (should make things easier?) when possible.
    Minor patches are released in (usually) .zip format to avoid people having to install the whole thing again (and the team uploading a huge file for every small fix).

To install releases in .zip/.rar/.7z format

I got the instructions in a spoiler to not make a wall of text with stuff people may already know.

News about the released date of the final version?( Sorry for may bad english)

The grand release will be sometime this year. I think that's all anyone knows....

I dont think that the dark prophecy mod will be integrated to this mod, i mean, the dark prophecy has many units and addon in Chaos, Space Marine, Imperial Guard and the Inquisition(the sisters of battles), also the inquisition use models... well, the whole mod of Adeptas Sororitas/Witch Hunter nearly finished, to use DP's Resource(such the legion, daemons, and daemons princes, etc...) to apocalypse is necesary a permission to use such resource from Warsmith and the Team of Adeptas Sororitas, but if you want to use the chaos units only them, you need the permission of warsmith only.

sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by darklordzx; 19th May 12 at 9:49 AM.

I find a problem with the chaos marks.
    When you buid a unit in the chaos fortress, don't wait to finish it, choose every mark and it when the unit complete, you got every chaos mark.

Hey guys, could you make the hero in terminator armour more fancy like the hero in terminator armour from the black templars mod for example, pls? Maybe adding an iron halo, for example.

you know guys there IS a way to put steel legion and black templars mod in the apoc mod (it wont be 'apocalyzed' but it works)

I only say that the team do a great job, !!! HAIL U.A mod !!!

ATTENTION Ultimate Apocalypse Fans!!!!!!
    The UA Team is recruiting Play Testers.

As most of you will already know, there is a private version of the Ultimate Apocalypse in the works - the Alpha mod project. That being said, this version includes content that far exceeds what most of us would expect.
    And this HUGE endeavour needs HEAVY and SERIOUS testing - it is a task that requires a concrete TEAM of testers...

What it takes to apply for a playtester:
    The task of playtesting UA is something that you should NOT tread lightly. While exciting, it is also taxing to playtest UA - especially the Grand Release. And at the current state of mod maturity, we require only good testers. Thus, you will definitely need:
    1] Drive, Dignity and Discretion (the three Ds).
    2] Skill. At his point, inadequate skill will stall (instead of accelerating) the project development, resulting in delaying its release.
    3] Lots of Free Time. There are MANY things that require careful testing.

All community brothers out there, who consider yourselves worthy AND willing to HONESTLY assist our goal, please, do apply!

What you must do:
    1] Playtest the current public version (1.62.62) and prepare a bugs list. The "optimum playtesting performance" would be to test every single race... In any case, the lengthier the bug list, the better chances to become a fellow playtester!!!
    2] PM the buglist to me directly (Cylarne is TOO preoccupied performing his coding magic - so I will be at your service for the time being!)
    3] Wait to be PMed back!!! (We have a testing chart to grade playtesters, so if your buglist is adequate... WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!!)

Last but NOT least
    We respect the community and we want to provide a quality mod, brothers. This is our sincere intention. We would be happy if we all share the same intention!

Thank you for your cooperation! Please volunteer!

EDIT:
    Guys, I have two more things to point out....
    -It would be great if you use Point Form for the buglist!
    -Adequate use of the English language, is DEFINITELY a welcomed trait!
    Last edited by Gambit; 22nd May 12 at 2:01 AM.
    -In search of Papasmurf...
    -And Yoda, as well.

Can I get a deadline on that buglist?
    I have exams until the 29th, but after that I'm free for about 3 months. I would love to help you with testing the mod for bugs, but at the moment I am stretched for time, after the 29th however I will have time to burn (which at the moment is looking like a lot of gaming).
    Basically, if the deadline is before the 29th, my list won't be my best standard, but if it's after by a good few days then it will be of a much better quality.

Are you fucking be kidding me? I'm modeller! I must will in this team!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

If after this you do not take me in your team, you will never get more than 15 new models!
    It's Bombard!

Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast

Thread Information